• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Kart 8 Tournament Thread!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Due to a lot of people talking about weekly tournaments in the MarioKart thread, I wondered why not make a tournament thread? These tourneys are probably going to be biweekly.

Sign-Up
If you want to join the upcoming event, post using this basic format:

I would like to participate in the upcoming MK8 tourney!

My time in GMT is: +/- 0

My NNID is: [whatever]

Rules
1) Remember that all regular SPPf rules apply here too.
2) Please post in GMT otherwise it gets confusing to see who is available when!
3) If you need to drop out for whatever reason, please PM/VM me so I can take you off the list and someone else can join!

Players
tomatohater- GMT +1 NNID= XxFaLLen_FaTeSxX
Hydrohs- GMT -3 NNID= Hydrohs
Valoo.- GMT +1 NNID= sitexperience
GildedScizor- GMT +10 NNID= El_RoadRunner
Auraninja- GMT -5 NNID= Aura-nin
MooseSmuggler- GMT -5 NNID= MooseSmuggler
Oarfish- GMT -6 NNID= Oarfish12
TheEliteEmpoleon- GMT -4 NNID= TeeEeeEee
MultiDarkShadow777- GMT -7 NNID= rjlefty96
Torpoleon- GMT -4 NNID= Master_Zach
Zyon- GMT -6 NNID= Zyon17
Jirachi9- GMT +8 NNID= FusionKT

This is here in-case too many people want to participate, this is just a waiting list really. If someone drops out of the main list, then the first reserve will join for example.

AuraChannellerChris- GMT -7 NNID= AuraGuyChris

Upcoming Tourney Info
Code: 3690-8741-3738
- 150CC Race
- No Teams
- All Items
- All Vehicles
- All Controls
- No AI
- 16 Races (random)
- No group shuffle
- Private (obviously)
- Global, Any Rating

The next Tourney is:
- Saturday July 5th, starting 2 PM GMT

Current Top 5 (not 10 Hydrohs xD):
1. XD Mewtwo
2. GildedScizor
3. Hydrohs
4. Zach
5. oarfish

Last edited:

Grey Wind

GMT+1 (UK time) and my NNID is sitexperience.

I don't know if specific times always have to be organised, for MK7 we just raced whenever people were able to. Getting a definite weekly thing going over summer might be fun though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
GMT -5 NNID: Aura-nin

I'll try to participate in some races. Don't overly rely on me to do many.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
GMT: +10
NNID: El_RoadRunner

And likewise, I won't be there for all of them, but I'll try and make it to as many as possible. Looks fun!

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
GMT -5 Here, count me in. My NNID is MooseSmuggler (shock shock, surprise surprise)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

My time in GMT is: -6 I believe? (Central US time)

My NNID is: Hmmm....Have I set this up yet? If not, I need to. (Will do this very soon if I have not, then post it here.)
EDIT: I created a NNID. It is "Oarfish12".

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
I'll participate I suppose. We'll have to see when I actually get the game.

Time: GMT -7 (Pacific standard time)
NNID: rjlefty96

Torpoleon

My time in GMT is: GMT-4 (EST)

My NNID is: Master_Zach

Is 4 PM Eastern on Saturdays always going to be the time for this main tournament? If so, that is going to be a problem for me. There is a decent chance that I'll be able to join for the upcoming tournament on June 7, but as for other Saturdays at the same time, that wont be possible most of the time. Is it possible to maybe have the tournament at least 3 or so hours later instead?

In any case, I'll be sure to let you guys know if I can for sure join on the 7th with the current time settings. Regardless, I recommend you guys still add me to the list and hopefully I'll be able to do tournaments with you guys on the given dates. Of course if it is at 7 PM on Saturdays, that is no problem at all for me.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Everybody up to now has been added! Only a few spaces left (2), so sign up fast! Otherwise, you'll be put on the reserves list and there is no guarantee that you will play!!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I remember in the other MK thread, people were talking about having a tournament for people in the Americas (like me), people in Europe, etc. In between this big tournament that you guys have planned, how about we have regional tournaments (probably with like 16 or less races or something like that)?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I remember in the other MK thread, people were talking about having a tournament for people in the Americas (like me), people in Europe, etc. In between this big tournament that you guys have planned, how about we have regional tournaments (probably with like 16 or less races or something like that)?

This is just going to be biweekly tournaments that are both for fun, and telling everyone on Serebii that you are a boss at MK8. Nothing too major I guess! This is just one big international tourney. Some people from Europe, some from America and even one in Australia!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
June 7th is actually my Birthday. I already asked that day off from work to have the party for both my sis and me(are birthdays are 8 days apart, so we both have the same party with family).
So it'll depend on what everyone is doing at that point since my Wii U is hooked up in the family room.(Kind of sucks but it's the only big TV we got)

My Time: GMT -6 (CST)

NNID: Zyon17

So I'll try my best to attend, I really don't want to miss it :)

FusionKT

*cough*

My time in GMT is: +8

My NNID is: FusionKT

I can't promise that I'll make it to these every fortnight, with it going to be 4 am (I think) when the tourney starts, but I'll try.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
OK< now all the main places have been reserved. If anyone wants to join now, feel free, but you will be put on the reserves list and there is no guarantee that you will play.

Torpoleon

Is the order of the races going to be random? Also, what is our community name?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Unless someone comes up with a better name I'll probably just create it as SPP-MK or something. Also does anyone have any particular grievances with the time?

Torpoleon

Unless someone comes up with a better name I'll probably just create it as SPP-MK or something. Also does anyone have any particular grievances with the time?
SPP-MK sounds good to me. Are we going to make one for Battle Mode?

I had said earlier that usually 4 PM ET would be a problem for me, but that there is a chance I could attend on the 7th. Turns out I can't. If possible, could we make the tournament at 7 PM eastern? That time definitely works for me and hopefully it does for everyone else. Any time before 7 PM on Saturdays I am unable to attend.