• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Kart icons appear on Portland bike path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
If you’re riding your bike on North Williams Avenue in Portland, Oregon be sure avoid those pesky banana peels, or suffer the same fate as the characters in Mario Kart.

The Mario Kart inspired icons were placed on the bike path over night, by an unknown source. In all the path now includes speed boost arrows, stars, banana peels and mushrooms. It is unclear if the city is going to remove the symbols from the path, so the images may or may not be around for some time. However, the city will probably consider this graffiti and pay to clean it up before any pot holes in the roads are fixed.

link to article + vid: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14746-mario-kart-icons-appear-on-portland-bike-path/

i found this article at neoseeker and i just had to share it with you guys knowing how enthousiastic you guys are with games.
inb4 everything, i take wario.

+

A cherished local tradition of adding character and personality to our bike lanes has taken a new twist. Someone has painted symbols from Nintendo's Mario Kart video game in the bike lanes on N. Williams Ave.

The painted symbols begin south of N Tillamook Avenue with a set of speed-boosting arrows (see above) and the symbols continue to about N. Cook Ave. There are several bananas...

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/videogame3.jpg

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/videogame2.jpg

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/videogame4.jpg

While this sort of vandalism is obviously illegal, I don't think anyone is looking to crack down on it. Reader Steve R. wrote us to share this sentiment about the symbols:

"I'm sure this is very illegal. As I pedal home from work, though, I find it engaging and humorous. Would motorists similarly decorate their lanes? I suspect not - this good-natured vandalism is a sign that bikers take pride in their bike lanes and the biking community we've created. Well, that is my impression anyway."

Have you seen the symbols? What's your impression? I find them to be great conversation starters with my fellow Williams commuters.

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Old news is old, but still awesome.

People that want this removed have absolutely zero sense of humour.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
know that there are many people that havn't touched MK yet. it's most likely that it's not allways understanded by everyone.

also, old?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
that's a few weeks ago yes, i assumed it was new seeing that the article on NS was a fresh add from less then 24 hours ago. ah well i'll leave the topic for what it is because admitt it, it's a funny story:p

i think i'll add the article from your link to the OP aswell for extra read material.

Dattebayo

Banned
When I saw the title of this thread at first, what came into my mind was icons of the Mario characters in their karts placed in street lights of the bike lane, but to my disappointment, it was symbols of the Mario Kart items placed on the lane.

SmartD

That's kind of neat, putting Mario kart icons on a bike path.

Cobalt_Latios

That's actually pretty amusing.

Also, I would totally play a mario kart tune on an MP3 player/ipod while biking on that.

A tad small, though still kind of fun.

edit: Wow, I'm really not paying attention to this. Portland, Oregon. Had a feeling... wasn't sure.

C_L

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Ahem.
Yeah, I realized that after having re-read it a couple of times. Like I said, I've sort of been skimming things as of late.

edit: I basically read it way to quickly.

C_L

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Man what I wouldn't give for a couple boost panels on my city's bike lane.

absolalone111

Vandalism, huh?

What the hell.

Thats the problem people dont get the line between art and graffity. As far as im concerned there is no line, graffiti IS art but some people disagre, But i am not one to question peoples views. (Just incase they find out who i am)

Lets just say i am a graffiti "Enthusiast"*

*Enthusiast he types on his phone while stenciling pikachu on a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.