• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Mario Kart Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

I likes Mercs, but not the GLA. Should have picked the Mercedes Mclaren.

That commercial is beyond words. Absolutely in love.

On a sad note, since I live in such a small town that we don't even have a game store...if my copy does not arrive in the mail on Friday I will have to wait till monday to play it till I get physically sick.

If you ordered from GameStop you should. GameStop has always been able to get games to me on release day, and I don't even live in the States.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
So, I may or may not have just made a bunch of Mii's to race as once I unlock the ability to use Mii's. I downloaded/made all incarnations of the Doctor, several Game of Thrones characters, and Sherlock and John from BBC Sherlock. Oops.

And I have plenty of other ideas. It's gonna be fuuuuun.

Aurath8

I wanna see some Peel DLC. So sexy.

Who wouldn't pick that?

tfw actual cars made it into the series before other Nintendo characters.

On an unserious note this has filled my head with wild hallucinations of other real road and race cars in Mario Kart (this guy came up a lot) followed by even wilder fantasies of driving sims that include Mario Kart's items.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Um, okay....free DLC is free DLC I guess. If it even comes to America. I suppose it's okay.

I guess that confirms that there will at least be DLC. What I really want is battle arenas and actual Mario characters from the Mushroom Kingdom. (Please no real life characters like Danica Patrick)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I hope that we get some type of free DLC even if it isn't the Mercedes Benz. I can't wait to get my copy tomorrow!
I can't wait either.
Any DLC would be great especially if it's free, but a few other playable characters would be the best.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Imagine if you decided to join Mario for a fun day at the go-kart tracks and he whips out his ****ing Mercedes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, rats. There's no way I can buy the game without my insufferable sport-loving stepdad from noticing and giving me a huge lecture. He likes to say I should be open-minded about the stuff he teaches, but apparently he and my Mom think that beyond the age of 18 you're considered a weirdo for playing video games. They don't even believe in grown adults still playing them with their kids! Sucks for them.

I guess those $5 I used for my reservation will go poof. So, I'm going digital tonight... Luckily, that will still give me the free ticket for the free game, right?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, rats. There's no way I can buy the game without my insufferable sport-loving stepdad from noticing and giving me a huge lecture. He likes to say I should be open-minded about the stuff he teaches, but apparently he and my Mom think that beyond the age of 18 you're considered a weirdo for playing video games. Sucks for them.

I guess those $5 I used for my reservation will go poof. So, I'm going digital tonight... Luckily, that will still give me the free ticket for the free game, right?

Yeah, physical or digital both qualify.

Well, rats. There's no way I can buy the game without my insufferable sport-loving stepdad from noticing and giving me a huge lecture. He likes to say I should be open-minded about the stuff he teaches, but apparently he and my Mom think that beyond the age of 18 you're considered a weirdo for playing video games. They don't even believe in grown adults still playing them with their kids! Sucks for them.

Eh when my parents visit me at my apartment they berate me for the same stuff (I'm 23). They're apparently still concerned that i'll be looked down upon or something of that nature. I pay my taxes, bought my own car, apartment, good grades in latter half of college, was in a fraternity throughout college, got into law school, have been practically self-sufficient since i was 19... I wish i could say i don't know what else i can do to appease them but i already know that the only way to do that is to probably be in a steady relationship / get married / have children. Haven't been in the first scenario since my freshman year of college, would love to be in the second scenario if i wasn't so concerned about meeting mrs. right and not falling into the pitfalls of marrying the wrong person/marrying early like so many young people...
Back on Mario Kart 8. I haven't been excited about a game release in a while, and this one looks to be pretty promising. I only have Wind Waker HD for the Wii U so it's finally good to have a new video game to add to it. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning/early afternoon after my daily workout. I hope Shy Guy is a non-unlockable character so i can start playing as him from the get go.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I still have to wait until tomorrow since I pre-ordered at Gamestop. It's actually in the Mall which doesn't open up until 10 am, so I'll have to wait even longer really. But at least I'll be getting a poster as a bonus :D

If you ordered from GameStop you should. GameStop has always been able to get games to me on release day, and I don't even live in the States.

Well I kinda live in the boonies, small town syndrome. But yah crossing my fingers for tomorrow....if I fail I will just have to wait 3 days :'(
On a flip side one of my buds wants to progress his grand prix side by side with me. He'll prolly have a rough time keeping up but it'll be fun :p

Genos

The Indigo Disk
My brother surprisingly downloaded this game from the eShop. And the downloading time was pretty fast.

We played 2 cups and unlocked 2 characters(Rosalina and Metal Mario).

My thoughts: It's really good. The tracks are very detailed and smooth. Any controller is fine using. Haven't tried online yet. Overall the game is amazing.

Definitely gonna buy this game once I get a Wii U.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Damn, I live in Aus so I'll be a day or two behind everyone. But still so so hyped!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, the game is out.
Unfortunately, I cannot get my copy until at least 5:00 pm this afternoon.
I have classes before that, and my ride does not come back into town until that time.

I hope you all enjoy your time playing, and I will see you guys on the tracks!