• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Mario Kart Thread

Cradily17

I would love to see a Pokémon themed track for DLC! That would be really cool! Just think of the possibilities...

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Honestly I love the idea of Mario Kart becoming a sort of SSB universe, but obviously focusing on racing. I've thought a trainer on a bike would be cool. A motorcycle themed to look like one of the bikes from the game. Lol, or maybe even a Meowth/TR themed vehicle.

Zachmac

Second parties not allowed.
Speaking of which, I love how Nintendo managed to get the rights to add a Mega Man suit but didn't bother with a Pikachu one yet. Pikachu is certainly popular enough to be worth a single costume.

Not that I care much for Mii costumes, I just find it funny that Nintendo does very little to milk what happens to be one of their most powerful IPs.
They could make some serious money off of Pokemon DLC, and they definitely have the ability to do it; they just aren't doing it because it's Nintendo.

Ah well, Gamefreak milks Pokemon enough for them anyway.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Speaking of which, I love how Nintendo managed to get the rights to add a Mega Man suit but didn't bother with a Pikachu one yet.

Mega Man's, Pac Man's, and Sonic's owners really can't say no to contributing a small part to a huge successful racing game...considering their IPs are not selling well.

Pokemon is successful sellish plushies as is.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yea, not talking about setting the stuff for like friends list, but when you race randoms.

I have like 4k rating, what cc is that?

That's 150cc.

And as I haven't given my thoughts in pack 2 yet, here goes:
I like the tracks, except CL, BP, and NBC. That being said, I don't love any if them. Ribbon Road and Big Blue are probably my favorites. The tree one has such a great concept but other than visually it feels a bit lacking. AC is actually pretty basic, and if not for the seasonal changes, I think it would be subpar. SBS feel too cramped for me, and I hate pretty much every turn in it. As for the update, 200cc is alright, but I really think 150 is the best.
All in all, the dlc and update are pretty solid, but I liked the first pack better.

R_N

Mega Man's, Pac Man's, and Sonic's owners really can't say no to contributing a small part to a huge successful racing game...considering their IPs are not selling well.

Pokemon is successful sellish plushies as is.

It was probably more "hey can we have [x] in mario kart as a costume" "sure ok you already have the amiibo" but more...business-y
It's not like being a costume in mario kart will see a sudden marked increase in sales for anything, much less mega man games (which dont exist), pac-man games (which i dont think has gotten another update in a while), or sonic games.

Nintendo for whatever reason usually doesnt go to the Pokemon well in these things. Beyond the obvious smash bros thing, the only other instance I can think of is that the gamecube Animal Crossing had the pocket pikachu. Even club nintendo doesnt put up pokemon anything so far as I recall.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It was probably more "hey can we have [x] in mario kart as a costume" "sure ok you already have the amiibo" but more...business-y
It's not like being a costume in mario kart will see a sudden marked increase in sales for anything, much less mega man games (which dont exist), pac-man games (which i dont think has gotten another update in a while), or sonic games.

I meant it in the way that it raises little awareness through a popular game.

Genos

TTYD
2nd DLC is good. The GBA track Ribbon Road really change the way I used to see it in the GBA version.

The AC track and Big Blue are amazing. And Isabelle is so cute! @_@

R_N

I meant it in the way that it raises little awareness through a popular game.

key word being marginal, sure

it's seriously no where near the position you're pushing of "SHOOT THEY HAVE US BY THE NECK WE GOTTA GIVE THEM THE RIGHTS" especially when 2/3rds arent even being made and they have other avenues they're pursuing

Shoot Namco helped with the game, I think, so its more shocking they didnt just add pacman

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Nintendo for whatever reason usually doesnt go to the Pokemon well in these things. Beyond the obvious smash bros thing, the only other instance I can think of is that the gamecube Animal Crossing had the pocket pikachu. Even club nintendo doesnt put up pokemon anything so far as I recall.

well, TPC is responsible for that, not just Nintendo

R_N

well, TPC is responsible for that, not just Nintendo

Right right, but Nintendo would probably/could probably approach them and easily* work out a deal for something time to time

*relatively speaking...probably. maybe not a lot of the time since that'd get annoying to jump through legal hoops i guess

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
You can't drift while braking in the first place. Also I'm quite certain that brake will be a different button, press the drift button without drifting just makes you hop.

well I might be confused. I thought the brake button was the same as reverse, which both the reverse and drift button are the B button. Have to google what the actual brake is then.

Edit: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Controls
brake/reverse is the B button. Drift is can be used as the B/1 button. So i'll have to learn how/probably just start pressing 1 when drifting I guess.

Last edited:

Zachmac

*relatively speaking...probably. maybe not a lot of the time since that'd get annoying to jump through legal hoops i guess
It'd certainly be worth the trouble considering how well Pokemon does just for being, well, you know, Pokemon.

Eh, I guess they're just too busy milking Mario.
Not that Pokemon needs much more milking anyway.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Well until I get the hand of 200 cc (where the heck is the brake on wiimote tilt controls?), I'll stick to 150 cc.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I love how fun 200cc is. That's about it, aside from me and friends cursing loudly at the screen every 5 seconds

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Honestly I love the idea of Mario Kart becoming a sort of SSB universe, but obviously focusing on racing. I've thought a trainer on a bike would be cool. A motorcycle themed to look like one of the bikes from the game. Lol, or maybe even a Meowth/TR themed vehicle.

I think we just need to ditch Mario Kart, Party, etc. and turn them into Smash Bros games. That could potentially bump the fun and popularity of such games.

R_N

I think we just need to ditch Mario Kart, Party, etc. and turn them into Smash Bros games. That could potentially bump the fun and popularity of such games.

I think it'd be kind of lame if they turned every spin off into Nintendo Party

Sure the reference courses are cool, but I like how they can take mario aesthetic or base and apply that to all kinds of distinct places. Sure they can do that with Link or Animal Crossing, but I think it'd be different.

Born Better

God of Lightning
While I love the idea of Smash Kart, I think it should be more along the lines of Mario Kart featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series some of Nintendo's greats & Knuckles. Keep all the Mario characters while adding star characters from other Nintendo series. In other words, Kirby, Pikachu, Link(and maybe Toon Link), Samus, and Captain Flacon are fine. Ganondorf, Lucina, Charizard, and Falco are not.

Also since we're already implementing F-Zero, with Smash Kart becoming a thing, I say let's implement Kirby Air Rideand Sonic Riders as well by adding the Warp Star as a part of a new hover board type vehicle because why not. And Venomoth the Dragon Slayer.