• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Mario Kart Thread

Aurath8

Hey guys did you hear? The director of Mario art 8 is interested in bringing characters from other franchises in Mario Kart too! What do you think of this idea?

You mean like Link, Captain Falcon and R.O.BohwaitImean Kirby in a big Super Smash Kart thing? Putting Pikachu in racing overalls sounds utterly insane, but so is the whole idea of Mushroom Kingdom's heroes, villains and world leaders coming together for a kartabout.

I think characters from other franchises should be strictly cameo/secret character tier like ROB. In fact, you could do this with tracks, karts, items as well. Having only 1-2 tracks inexplicably not in the Mushroom Kingdom is still a brilliant opportunity for the developers but it means the series is still 'Mario Kart'. Tell me you don't want to have race round Oot's Hyrule field, dodging Peahats, taking a detour through Castle Town, it'd be great.

That reminds me, is the Blue Falcon kart from MKWii in MK8? Because if it isn't I will be unhappy. Ya know. Antigravity everywhere. F-Zero etc.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Just got a text from Gamestop saying that I can pick up my pre-order on Friday. Just less then 2 days now plus I'll get the poster along with it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I highly doubt anything would ever come of that comment, btw; the most we'd get would be a cameo like the Blue Falcon was in Wii, maybe in the form of a single character or stage or something of that nature

anything more substantial than a cameo, and the game stops being Mario Kart and starts being Nintendo Kart imo; phrases like "I’m not ruling out the possibility of such an approach in the future though," particularly after a statement that explains why that kind of thing wouldn't be overly beneficial, sound like vague schlock to avoid flat-out denying that it would ever happen

TheEliteEmpoleon

Hey guys did you hear? The director of Mario art 8 is interested in bringing characters from other franchises in Mario Kart too! What do you think of this idea?

That would seriously suck in my opinion. I say just keep everybody in their own franchises. I'm not big with things like that no matter the case: video games, movies, tv, etc. I also think they should get the right characters from the Mario franchise (Diddy and BJ) in the next game instead of making up crap characters before they even think about other franchises.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Adding other franchise characters in is cool and all, but only if they keep it limited to 2 to 3 characters per installment. Falcon and Kirby in one game, Fox and Samus in another. Hell, include Sonic in there somewhere, if Sumo Digital's tweet tease a year back about putting Sonic in a go-kart was any indication.

Although, the Mario series plays it so safe and is so universal that bringing characters from other franchises into the spin-offs could work to get new gamers into the other franchises themselves, similar to how Smash Bros. does it. That would be a nice effect of doing something like this.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
IF this is true, I say....Eh, perhaps, as long as it does not become Nintendo Kart.
I like the various characters possible from just the Mario universe, and I would still prefer them to any other franchises' characters.

Even if the series becomes Nintendo Kart nothing has to change. It'd be the exact same game but with characters from other Nintendo franchises. I see absolutely no reason it would be a bad thing.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Even if the series becomes Nintendo Kart nothing has to change. It'd be the exact same game but with characters from other Nintendo franchises. I see absolutely no reason it would be a bad thing.

I see your point here.
I was just saying I have more experience with characters from the Mario universe. They are more sentimental to me, while some other Nintendo characters have barely any sentimentality.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well you could just not use them. There really is no downside to broadening the characters within the game.

Oh, broadening.
I am fine with that.

MDS777

The name's Riley
[video=youtube_share;dmtoe3dwUNM]http://youtu.be/dmtoe3dwUNM[/video]
Now that is some pretty impressive detail.

Torpoleon

[video=youtube_share;dmtoe3dwUNM]http://youtu.be/dmtoe3dwUNM[/video]
Now that is some pretty impressive detail.
Wow! Nintendo really added an amazing amount of detail in this game (and it seems like SSB4 will also have an insane amount of detail).

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
dat commercial.

I had to show that to my partner even though they're writing atm. It is just that level of "WTF". At least now we know that there WILL be DLC.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I had to show that to my partner even though they're writing atm. It is just that level of "WTF". At least now we know that there WILL be DLC.

Yeah, the DLC in itself is WTF. Who in their right mind would have guessed Mercedes-Benz would have anything to do with this game? And it does open the realms of possibility for other kinds of DLC as a realistic option. I doubt they'd only do DLC for one kart part, so I expect more.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Why's all the complaints? I like it, the way it seems so out of place makes it a joke for laughs! And that commercial... kudos to Nintendo for thinking this, most epic commercial ever.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Why's all the complaints? I like it, the way it seems so out of place makes it a joke for laughs! And that commercial... kudos to Nintendo for thinking this, most epic commercial ever.

Who's complaining? I think it's hilarious! Although I did think the image was photoshopped at first, it really didn't look legit lol.

That commercial is beyond words. Absolutely in love.

On a sad note, since I live in such a small town that we don't even have a game store...if my copy does not arrive in the mail on Friday I will have to wait till monday to play it till I get physically sick.