• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Mario Kart Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i'd hope the past decade was proof enough

There was still some small hope.

It'll be chaos and I'm already loving it. Prepare to lose, Hydrohs!

Yeah, right!

All of Baby Park is on an antigravity incline too, so all hitting other karts will do is make you go faster. Chaos is imminent.

Gotta go fast

Everyone's gushing over Baby Park.

I'm just here listening to that Big Blue remix.

Oh don't worry, I've got it on repeat.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
neo bowser city is like the only track out of all of the one's were getting in that DLC pack that I've played before >.<
Nintendo sure does know how to stroke the flames of hype. and mewtwo tomorrow x.x
The woods one and the (believe it's called) ribbon road are what I'm looking forward to most! though those F-zero tracks have amazing music.
baby park should be a battle mode track.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
neo bowser city is like the only track out of all of the one's were getting in that DLC pack that I've played before >.<
Nintendo sure does know how to stroke the flames of hype. and mewtwo tomorrow x.x
The woods one and the (believe it's called) ribbon road are what I'm looking forward to most! though those F-zero tracks have amazing music.
baby park should be a battle mode track.

According to the site, the names of the courses are---

Retro-

Baby Park (GCN)
Cheese Land (GBA)
Ribbon Road (GBA)
Neo Bowser City (3DS)

Nitro-

Nature Road
Big Blue
Lingling Metro
Animal Crossing

Genos

The Indigo Disk
200cc on Baby Park, ending in 30 seconds lol :D

The back of Dry Bowser is very detail. The red magma lighting is amazing.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I was kinda hoping that the leak wouldn't be real on account of the fact that I really don't care for Neo Bowser City at all. But having seen the rest of the tracks in the pack, I'm willing to let it slide - Big Blue and Ribbon Road look incredible. Good to see the GBA tracks getting some love (though without the inclusion of the mice from the original, I'm struggling to see past Cheese Land as just another generic desert track).

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Mute City cover sounds amazing there.

I hope Baby Park turns out fun, although hearing items won't be passing through the middle is disappointing. Pity Waluigi Pinball didn't get in.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
-just finished watching videos of new tracks-

Baby Park and Neo Bowser City confirmed? Sure (Baby Park--this looks nice, especially with that anti-gravity). Awww.... (Neo Bowser City--I still really dislike this course).
I never really played Super Circuit, but that Cheese Land and that Ribbon Road both look quite nice. Especially those details of Ribbon Road.

As for the new tracks, I like how they look. I also like how they appear to play.
I like the anti-gravity aspects of that nature course. I also am really liking the entire concept of that subway course.
Another F-Zero track? Sure, why not. I have not really played any F-Zero games myself, but that new course looks great.
And Animal Crossing. WOO. I love all the details in that course.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Overall I'm content with these new tracks. NBC seems to be either hit or miss with everyone, with no in between. It's probably my least favorite of the eight. Just over a week now, so I'm pretty hyped.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well that leak was actually true, and I find it funny how they thought it was a Metroid track when it was a Metro track.

I'm dying please help

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on the new DLC. It's gonna be awesome.

It's just too bad I'll probably have to wait a few months to get it, same as with the first one. Oh well. At least I'll get it.

Torpoleon

Haven't really watched any videos of the upcoming courses, just like what I did with Pack 1, so I can sort of experience them when I get the DLC. Hopefully when this pack releases, there wont be any issues uploading highlight reels.

I wonder if we'll get more DLC in the future (though I can only see there being 1 cup instead of 2 for potential future packs). In terms of characters, maybe 2 vets and 1 newcomer. If we are going to get more DLC after this, E3 would probably the most logical time to announce it. I wouldn't be surprised if Pack 2 is the last of the DLC though. We have a lot of content in the game. Definitely more than past games. Also, even if NX doesn't come out until 2017, they probably would want to start planning a Mario Kart for that system in the near future (a 2017 release would be great because that is the 25th anniversary of Mario Kart).

R_N

MK9 is probably already in the planning stages

I'm guessing the full MK8 team isn't entirely devoted to the DLC packs, and these presumably made some good money so I could see them putting out at least one more pack.

Maybe this one will have the notable baffling cuts of Diddy & Bowser Jr

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So the DLC is now available for purchase/download.

this was fun

Yeah, I just finished playing through it.

I personally really liked MOST of it. -glares at Neo Bowser City-

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I love neo bowser city. At least they didn't bring back one of the Wuhu courses

I hate those damn courses

I must admit that Neo Bowser City feels a bit better here than in MK7 for me.
I was neutral towards the Wuhu courses. They were fine, but not especially memorable.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
MK9 is probably already in the planning stages

I'm guessing the full MK8 team isn't entirely devoted to the DLC packs, and these presumably made some good money so I could see them putting out at least one more pack.

Maybe this one will have the notable baffling cuts of Diddy & Bowser Jr

There probably wont be any more, Nintendo waited until both DLC packs were out before releasing the soundtrack, which includes the music from both packs. Had they planned to add any more DLC then we would have either seen an OST with only the default tracks, not not seen the soundtrack release yet.

R_N

There probably wont be any more, Nintendo waited until both DLC packs were out before releasing the soundtrack, which includes the music from both packs. Had they planned to add any more DLC then we would have either seen an OST with only the default tracks, not not seen the soundtrack release yet.

The dlc tracks have probably been ready for months, though? I dont see them delaying the OST another year, if they do have plans for another pack, when its a Club Nintendo prize. And will only be one. They could have given the default soundtrack, sure, but that's dumb when the DLC tracks are right there so why NOT just wait for the thing that will be out before CN closes?

I don't know, more dlc is by no means guaranteed or anything (I suspect if there's more or not will be determined at e3), but looking at the OST having the dlc tracks seems like a stretch.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The dlc tracks have probably been ready for months, though? I dont see them delaying the OST another year, if they do have plans for another pack, when its a Club Nintendo prize. And will only be one. They could have given the default soundtrack, sure, but that's dumb when the DLC tracks are right there so why NOT just wait for the thing that will be out before CN closes?

I don't know, more dlc is by no means guaranteed or anything (I suspect if there's more or not will be determined at e3), but looking at the OST having the dlc tracks seems like a stretch.

No matter how you look at it the regular tracks would have been ready long before the DLC tracks were, so if they planned to release an incomplete soundtrack it would have made sense to do that and then either never release the DLC tracks or do a DLC album later.