• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Kart Wii-fi Classic!

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Hello, you may remember me from such tournaments as SPPF Smash Bros Big 32 and SPPF Round Robin 16. I am here now to tell you- I have Mario Kart Wii, and I fully intend to play competitively on Wifi.

I havent decided as of yet as to how I should organize this tournament or what style to make it into (Elimination or Point based), but rest assured you can still sign up.

TIME AND DATE-
Has yet to be decided. Check back soon!

MATCH RULES-
}Karts and Bikes are both usable.
}Course poll choices should be random.
}8 Players per race. Is the reason to call it "Classic". This will also avoid BS 9-12th place Items.

PENALTIES-
}No shows on tourney day without proper notification will result in a BAN from my tournaments; Which would suck for you- since I offer Wii Points as Prizes.
}Disconnects will not be tolerated either and will result in disqualification. Ive played Mario Kart extensively online since I bought it, and have NOT ONCE been disconnected mid-race.

PRIZES
1st Place: 1000 Wii Point Gift
2nd Place: 800 Wii Point Gift
3rd Place: 500 Wii Point Gift
NOTE: Wii Point gifts can only be recieved by same region consoles. So if you do not live in the US or Canada(I think not 100% on this) then Im sorry but I cannot gift you prizes if you participate.

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!

Yeah Im just going to cancel this tourney- i totally forgot about Mothers day. Which is a good think you guys reminded me lol. Ill start up a new tourney sign up at a in a couple weeks after the wifi rush calms down a bit.

AA theres been alot of activity on MK wifi as of late- so I dont think that your router or signal is to blame. I havent been disconnected from all players but Ive had 2-6 players drop out of a race leaving only a couple opponents.

Seeing as how MK doesnt lag before dropping people from the races- I cant hold the same standards for drop outs on MK as I do for SSBB. So nobody is banned. I will revise my MK rules and either revive this thread or make a new one.

Also- There are only 2 people here that signed up- so if you guys know someone who has MK and wifi and is in the US... get em to sign up and play the next one. I cant hold a tourney if theres only 2 people to race against.

SPPF:NAME(MII:NAME)FC:0000-0000-0000

Participants-

*** If anyone has suggestions (like limiting bike/kart selection) let me know. I only use one bike and its not an unlockable one- so if the unlockable stuff is "Broken" and not available to everyone I might have to rule them out.

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Hehe, I might actually attend this time. As long as it's on Friday or a weekend.

SPPF:The Thrashmeister(MII:Rowan Q.)FC:4081-5902-8601

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Hehe, I might actually attend this time. As long as it's on Friday or a weekend.

SPPF:The Thrashmeister(MII:Rowan Q.)FC:4081-5902-8601

indeed it is going to be on the weekend since I work weekdays.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
I would like to join.
I usually work on weekends, so I need to know the date and time as soon as it's decided.

iluvwobbuffet (Ilk): 2363-6016-8218

=^_^=

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Awesome. Ill get you my FC in a couple of hours and we can work out a time to test out FC play. The date will most likely be Sunday May 11th, and the time would be around 2PM Pacific Standard Time, 5PM Eastern Standard Time.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
Aw, 5PM EST? I'm sorry, I can't make that. I checked my work schedule, and sure enough, the boss as me scheduled in at 5 on the dot on the 11th.

Maybe next time.

=;_;=

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I might join but will the wii points work on Australian versions of the Wii?

Nope, sorry, Wii points are region locked- and my region is the US.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I just realized I might be doing something with my parents for Mother's Day next Sunday... so if that date is set in stone, there's a chance I might not be able to attend. But we'll see.

If I can't attend, I won't be banned from your tournaments, will I? >_<

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Well, crap. I really want to sign up for this, but haven't been able to compete against 12 random players at once without being disconnected near the end of the third or fourth race, usually when I'm winning. I've had better luck in Friend races, but I'm afraid of being booted from all future tournaments. I suppose I'll wait until the servers calm down or I get a new router or signal repeater before joining anything competitive. :|

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Yeah Im just going to cancel this tourney- i totally forgot about Mothers day. Which is a good think you guys reminded me lol. Ill start up a new tourney sign up at a in a couple weeks after the wifi rush calms down a bit.

AA theres been alot of activity on MK wifi as of late- so I dont think that your router or signal is to blame. I havent been disconnected from all players but Ive had 2-6 players drop out of a race leaving only a couple opponents.

Seeing as how MK doesnt lag before dropping people from the races- I cant hold the same standards for drop outs on MK as I do for SSBB. So nobody is banned. I will revise my MK rules and either revive this thread or make a new one.

Also- There are only 2 people here that signed up- so if you guys know someone who has MK and wifi and is in the US... get em to sign up and play the next one. I cant hold a tourney if theres only 2 people to race against.

Eternal The Fox

IMMA FIRE MAH LAZAH!
i would love to join i will post give you my Wi-Fi Code ok just pm me when your doing a tourney ok ^-^
Mario Kart Wii: 2234-7554-4592
Mii Name: Mustachio
Serebii Name: Eternal The Fox
There i hope i can join in Future tournaments 83

Last edited: