• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Kart Wii Redux

VTUSH

<---Hatched
Lol not when a bullet bill hits you. :p I just look back when some one has a megamushroom since when a bullet bill is coming i just drive on the edge of the track and it never hits me.

yeah well i guess it's good for one thing then.

Clash

He's Back!
ALSO I AM COMING FIRST WORLDWIDE FOR MUSHROOM GORGE!!!!!!! Lol i just did it then i beat a japanese person. :p Let's just hope i don't get kicked off first place for a few months.

*Bows* I do hope you'll be attending one of these Mario Kart Wii competitions at the Connection Tour '08!

Lol omg you guys have been playing this game for some time now and don't know how to look behind you.

Gamecube controller: It's either x or y.
Wii remote + Nunchuck: Press the C on the nunchuck
Steering wheel: Press A

Yeah.. I just realised you could look back last week. Also just yesterday I realised that I could fast forward through the players on the world screen before starting a race. :rolleyes:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
asdfghjkl

I was just in a Wi-Fi balloon battle and my team was down by just one balloon... there were like five seconds left... I had a red shell and I hit someone on the other team with three seconds left... yet it didn't count towards my team's balloon count? We ended up losing.

Bleh.

I'm gonna take a break from Wi-Fi for awhile and try to unlock some more unlockables. My first target is Dry Bowser.

Alzi

Toon link
I am going to go check it out and if it's true i believe i'll be doing very well since when i was bored of doing mushroom gorge time trials i would always drive backwards.

And Clash i will attend that conection tour but i think they will use the wii wheel for that mini mario kart comp. Also i'm going to do a new track and maybe try come atleast 7th worldwide in it and then improve if i can.

Edit: HAHAHAH this new tournement is so fun i think i'll get a really good time.

Last edited:

Clash

He's Back!
I am going to go check it out and if it's true i believe i'll be doing very well since when i was bored of doing mushroom gorge time trials i would always drive backwards.

And Clash i will attend that conection tour but i think they will use the wii wheel for that mini mario kart comp. Also i'm going to do a new track and maybe try come atleast 7th worldwide in it and then improve if i can.

Edit: HAHAHAH this new tournement is so fun i think i'll get a really good time.

As soon as I saw the words 'Mushroom Gorge' I instantly thought you were going to kick everybody's ass at it. :p

Hopefully I can go to at least one of the competitions, it's a bit out of the way though. =\ I always use the Wii Wheel so where others will fail I will succeed!

Alzi

Toon link
Lol i thought Jave ment the comp you drive on mushroom gorge but as if your looking backwards thats what i thought he ment but then i just saw it today and you drive the course backwards.

This comp is more fun then the others i think. :) I might actually try my hardest on this i'm thinking of only making it 1st in Australia for this.

To do it the quickest way you should use the mushroom at the start and cut throught the grass then go on the second ramp and onto the mushrooms that have the green mushrooms aswell and then don't go on the other mushrooms take the turn that is right go on the boost ramps and procced from there. You should get atleast 1 minute and some were between 51-59.

I'm getting this thought were nintendo will let us download 2 more mii costumes or somthing simmiler since those extra slots that are left near the miis keep making me think.

Last edited:

Clash

He's Back!
Lol i thought Jave ment the comp you drive on mushroom gorge but as if your looking backwards thats what i thought he ment but then i just saw it today and you drive the course backwards.

This comp is more fun then the others i think. :) I might actually try my hardest on this i'm thinking of only making it 1st in Australia for this.

To do it the quickest way you should use the mushroom at the start and cut throught the grass then go on the second ramp and onto the mushrooms that have the green mushrooms aswell and then don't go on the other mushrooms take the turn that is right go on the boost ramps and procced from there. You should get atleast 1 minute and some were between 51-59.

I'm getting this thought were nintendo will let us download 2 more mii costumes or somthing simmiler since those extra slots that are left near the miis keep making me think.

That's annoying me too! Why not put the two icons in the middle? It makes no sense. I feel a green/yellow icon coming on!

I also thought it would be faster to use a mushroom near the end, so you bounce off that lone mushroom near the end of the course?

Alzi

Toon link
I thought that too at the start but then i figured it's better to cut through the grass since the other shortcut doesn't work so well when you can just turn it better and get the red sparcks going and get a longer boost then drift again so you get the blue one then cross the finish line.

Also i think once you reach the cave it's better to bounce on the red mushrooms then on the second last red mushroom do a trick and onto the green one then back onto the red one underneath it.

Alzi

Toon link
Yes there is. I use to use the mushroom that way but it's better to cut through the grass and use it and then you get a time of 1.51-1.53 if you do the rest of the course well. And two TEC members in Australia are top 10 i know the guy who's coming first lol i plan to beat them.

Octillery

You're cool.
Just because a way is different from what you use does not mean it is wrong.

However, your way may be the optimal way.

I'd try it, but Mushroom Gorge is my least favorite track in all of MKWii. I sure liked the spinning top one a lot better.

Alzi

Toon link
I actually think this is the first best mario kart wii comp yet then the second best would be the spinning top one. I use the way that most people do it in expect i use the first ramp at the start and bounce on all the red mushrooms then i do a trick and trick onto the green one on the left then hope of that and land on the red one infront since i think that way is easier to do turn out of the cave. I also found the best Avatar :D

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
we need a party race sometime yo.

Clash

He's Back!
I thought that too at the start but then i figured it's better to cut through the grass since the other shortcut doesn't work so well when you can just turn it better and get the red sparcks going and get a longer boost then drift again so you get the blue one then cross the finish line.

Also i think once you reach the cave it's better to bounce on the red mushrooms then on the second last red mushroom do a trick and onto the green one then back onto the red one underneath it.

Can you explain that.. any better? =\
What Character/Kart combo is best?

I also don't give a shit about "TEC" members. Does it stand for Totally Erect Cocks?

I also think this comp is the best yet.

I also have a rank over 8200, with 100% Wii Wheel Usage!

Alzi

Toon link
For the comp the best is probally funky kong and the flame flyer but i think some people are doing well with funky and the aero glider. I forgot what TEC stands for lol.

For this comp at the start i get a good boost then use the mushroom to turn through the grass i use to jump on the red mushrooms but now i think going on the second ramp works better. I use to jump on the red mushrooms then when i reached the red mushroom thats close to the green one on the right i would do a trick land on that green one then go on the red one then start to go out the cave. Also once your out the cave don't take the mushroom way take the way on the right with the boost and the goomba's.

I lol when i saw that i was coming 2nd on mushroom gorge time trials and someone had kicked me of my 1st place position so i got so angry in a happy way and beat him now i lead again on mushroom gorge with a time of 1.45.107. :) And if someone gets a better time then that i shall keep playing until i get a better time. Anyway i'm still happy that i'm 1st worldwide.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Lol i was coming 1st but then that same guy got a better time. This means war i should be able to be back 1st again.