• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story Discussion

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
I know there was a thread about this before, but since I no longer see it here, I decided to put it here now that they finally gave it a title now....
In Nintendo Power, we got a little taste on the begining of the game. We already learned alot from the start, but you can all agree with me that this has got us even more excited for the game to come out, right?

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
Maybe so, but we won't know for sure until it arrives. I guess you can say only time will tell until this game is worthy enough to be played, right?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I'm really not sure how this game will turn out. Superstar Saga was amazing, while Partners in Time was terrible. Considering these outcomes, I would probably say that Bowser's Inside Story will be a mixture of both.

We already know how you can use special moves, a great part of SS, and we also see that you use the touch screen a lot, which PiT didn't have. So actually, I think BIS might actually be pretty good.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Wait, why was Partners in Time so terrible? I very much enjoyed it.

I think people are beginning to treat personal dislike and actual bad quality as the same thing nowadays. The same thing happened with Super Paper Mario.

The biggest gripes I see with PiT is the fact that two extra fighters somewhat ruins the point of Mario and Luigi fighting side by side, even if the two extra people are their infant counterparts, and the fact that Bros. Attacks have been neglected in favor of Bros. Items (which I dislike myself, personally).

Then there is the fact that, like SC said, PiT did not make use of the DS's capabilities except for one cutscene.

But other than that, the game is really good. Plenty of story, plenty of enemies to fight and level up with, among other things. I expect the same thing with BIS, but I do wish the Bros. Attacks did make a comeback.

As well as Popple.

fhqwhgads

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
why do they need so much health?

Because Bros. Items can make immense damage if performed correctly?

I'll at least agree on the hp front. The final boss reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly overdid it. It literally took me hours.

Raise everyone to level 40-45, use the Mix Flowers, you're done in two turns. One turn for the Queen's base form and her appendages when she transforms, and one to take down her crown. I have fun just repeating the scenario over and over again.

I actually like long boss fights, it keeps me entertained. I'm curious about the HP count for the final bosses in BIS.

I'll at least agree on the hp front. The final boss reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly overdid it. It literally took me hours.

;.; Hours? I play that boss for fun and the awesome music from time to time, and it takes me far less than an hour. Mix Flowers are your friend.

Anyone skeptical about the humor used in the next Mario and Luigi game? For some reason I am. x.x

Electivirus

Not really, no.
;.; Hours? I play that boss for fun and the awesome music from time to time, and it takes me far less than an hour. Mix Flowers are your friend.

Anyone skeptical about the humor used in the next Mario and Luigi game? For some reason I am. x.x

To be fair, I was a bit underleveled. And I was stupid enough to not buy any Mix Flowers or have the Ulti-Free badge, but still.

And as far as I know, the humor's going to be exactly the same as any other Mario RPG...hilarious.

That one "A WINNER IS YOU" screenshot = gold.

And as far as I know, the humor's going to be exactly the same as any other Mario RPG...hilarious.

Well that's good. Paper Mario seemed to be just as comical as the Mario & Luigi games, but then SPM was quite lackluster in that respect.

I'm also not a huge fan of the box art that's going on with Bowser's Inside Story (BIS?) for Japan...I'm hoping they change it, it looks a bit too bland.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Well that's good. Paper Mario seemed to be just as comical as the Mario & Luigi games, but then SPM was quite lackluster in that respect.

I'm also not a huge fan of the box art that's going on with Bowser's Inside Story (BIS?) for Japan...I'm hoping they change it, it looks a bit too bland.

I dunno, I enjoyed SPM's humor. Though to be fair, later chapters did get quite...dark.

I'm fairly certain they changed it to this.

Pretty awesome.

I dunno, I enjoyed SPM's humor. Though to be fair, later chapters did get quite...dark.

It was alright. Maybe it's just the same type of humor but now that I'm older I don't appreciate it as much...But yes, it did get very dark. SPM is cited as probably the darkest of the Paper Mario--Or even Mario RPG--games.

I'm fairly certain they changed it to this.

Pretty awesome.

Now that's what I like to see. That's more like the Mario & Luigi box art I remember seeing for us.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
It was alright. Maybe it's just the same type of humor but now that I'm older I don't appreciate it as much...But yes, it did get very dark. SPM is cited as probably the darkest of the Paper Mario--Or even Mario RPG--games.

Mimimimimimimimimimimimimi....nuff said.

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
Here's something...

Which character do you think the game is focusing on?
SS: Mario Bros. PiT: Baby Mario Bros. BIS:???

I personally think it's Bowser. And not just because of the title, I have a feeling he's going to have more gameplay than the Bros.