• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Tennis Open

ManhattanTheStarr

What did people notice first, the blinding neon boxart or the plethora of Shy Guys in the stands?

Definitely the blinding neon boxart. It's... not all that appealing, really... and Bowser looks a bit too blurred out. O_-

But of course, that's extremely unimportant. :p What I really care about, like in all spin-offs, is the roster. I see Waluigi's in, so I'm happy, but I hope Birdo makes it as well. He was absent from Power Tennis, which was really weird, considering every character had their own respective partner except Yoshi. D:

Torpoleon

I bet a Mii will be more likely than her.
Mii is already confirmed as a playable character and it looks like you can customize the Mii's clothes.

DLC would be a pretty cool idea. Hopefully Camelot is making the game with the idea of adding in DLC at a later date.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Mii is already confirmed as a playable character and it looks like you can customize the Mii's clothes.
Didn't see that yet.
DLC would be a pretty cool idea. Hopefully Camelot is makjing the game with the idea of adding in DLC at a later date.
Besides game modes and minigames like in Power Tennis, I don't see much of a need for DLC.

TicoPokemonMaster

It hasn't been confirmed yet that the 13 characters we have seen are the final roster.

EDIT: As if an official name and a trailer weren't enough! Here's the US Boxart:
[IMG139]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/7/7e/MTOboxart.jpg/250px-MTOboxart.jpg[/IMG139]

I think it looks OK. What do you guys think?

By the way, TicoPokemonMaster, I think you should probably put release dates on the first post. May 20 for the US, May 24 for Japan and May 25 for Europe.

Thanks I will do, plus I will play a confirmed character list and update if any new characters are revealed.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This game looks really good.

Recon

As much as I wish this game would be like Mario Tennis Power Tour for the GBA, I doubt it'll be like it. Still, I can hope can I?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I'm in a similar boat as you expect for one key difference, I own Mario Tennis 64. and I haven't played any other Tennis game. So I am hyped for Tennis Open. And your right basically all the basics are covered. and I would like to see Koopa paratroopa make a return.

GC one was also good, but the Wii port has way too much waggle for my taste.

woot21

super noob
What did people notice first, the blinding neon boxart or the plethora of Shy Guys in the stands?
I was more busy wondering why Yoshi and Bowser were on the same team.

woot21 out dawgs

Clamps

Because Yoshi finally went evil and is planning to kidnap Peach with Bowser after the match. It's subtle advertising for the upcoming Mario 2D 3DS game, obviously.

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
Because Yoshi finally went evil and is planning to kidnap Peach with Bowser after the match. It's subtle advertising for the upcoming Mario 2D 3DS game, obviously.

XP.

I can't wait for this game! It's coming out soon after my birthday and confirmation so I'll be loaded!! xP

BGP_

I think this game looks alright, mario tennis games have been pretty cool in the past. Might pick this one up if not just for the wifi, been needing a couple of wifi games for my 3ds (getting kid icarus too!)

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm liking the look of this game! I like the characters revealed so far, but I hope they add Rosalina to it. With her Luma of course!

This is going to be a 'must buy' for me, I loved the GameCube version so its likely i'm going to fall for this version! Glad to see my main BowserJr is back!

Zibdas

not bad
I'm liking the look of this game! I like the characters revealed so far, but I hope they add Rosalina to it. With her Luma of course!

Rackets? Rosalina doesn't have rackets. Rosalina is racketless. She uses Luma.

Vipsoccermaster

Definitely getting this game since it has all three of my favorite characters confirmed already, and looking forward to this in online.

Clamps

Definitely getting this game since it has all three of my favorite characters confirmed already, and looking forward to this in online.

Wow, you're not that hard to please character-wise.

TicoPokemonMaster

Wow, you're not that hard to please character-wise.

Most of the characters I like are already in

Luigi
Wario
Yoshi
DK
Diddy
Bowser jr.
and Boo

My wishlist consists of
Koopa Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Toad

cristood

Banned
I am eagerly awaiting for new upcoming mario game which called Mario Tennis Open. I just knew that it is best fun game in 3D version. It has some exciting features and stratagies. It is also multi-player game that means we can playing with our friends.