• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mario Tennis Open

R_N

The fact that getting all trophies for a character on Star Tournament is not really easy...
Ah, I see.

Right now I'm going through the first 4 cups and just Starring characters (I have everything with Boo, though). The only ones I'm particularly worried about getting the remainder of the cups with Dry Bowser and the non-Yoshi Power characters. That movement speed...

R_N

I'm way to addicted to unlocking clothing in this game.
Also I just unlocked Luma and oh my gooooood this thing is terrible. It has like no control over movement it's crazy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Also I just unlocked Luma and oh my gooooood this thing is terrible. It has like no control over movement it's crazy.
Was reading and was thinking that the next word was either awesome or adorable and nope...I got a good laugh out of it.

TicoPokemonMaster

FYI, North American Tennis Open owners in the first post you will find the QR code for Light Blue Yoshi.

R_N

FYI, North American Tennis Open owners in the first post you will find the QR code for Light Blue Yoshi.

PANEL_YOSHI-COSTUME-QR.jpg

PANEL_PINK-YOSHI-QR.jpg

PANEL_RED-YOSHI-QR.jpg

PANEL_BLUE-YOSHI-QR.jpg

PANEL_YELLOW-YOSHI-QR.jpg

may as well just throw these in the op for convenience
Black Yoshi will be available at gamestop soon
Soon we may finally find out about the mysterious ??? set of codes

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Picked up the game about a week ago or so, and I'm surprised by how addictive it is (This is actually my first Mario Tennis game). I'm usually not a fan of sports games, but the chance shot system and the mini games keep it from getting stale. I'm horrible when it comes to online though...

R_N

I've finally unlocked all the non-costume items and I wish I had more to unlock. Even if I barely looked at them, it was nice to see what I got after every match; would be nice if you got coins at least.
Sadly even after grinding up 50k coins I was only able to buy 65 of the items. Back to Galaxy Rally, I suppose.

By the way Doubles tournaments take forever. Part of that is two opponents at once, part of that is your computer ally.
STOP RUNNING INTO MY TENNIS SHOTS (pro-tip do not pick Dry Bowser or Bowser, they're huge)
STOP GETTING HIT BY OTHER TENNIS SHOTS
STOP NOT DOING THE BEST MOVE
It's a step up in challenge, anyway.

I'll probably only finish the set of cups once. Rather than get every trophy with everyone like in Singles because I'm crazy.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I've finally unlocked all the non-costume items and I wish I had more to unlock. Even if I barely looked at them, it was nice to see what I got after every match; would be nice if you got coins at least.
Sadly even after grinding up 50k coins I was only able to buy 65 of the items. Back to Galaxy Rally, I suppose.

That is one thing that really bothers me about regular matches is the fact that you don't get coins for it. It just seems kinda odd to me that they don't allow you to get coins for regular matches.

By the way Doubles tournaments take forever. Part of that is two opponents at once, part of that is your computer ally.
STOP RUNNING INTO MY TENNIS SHOTS (pro-tip do not pick Dry Bowser or Bowser, they're huge)
STOP GETTING HIT BY OTHER TENNIS SHOTS
STOP NOT DOING THE BEST MOVE
It's a step up in challenge, anyway.

I'll probably only finish the set of cups once. Rather than get every trophy with everyone like in Singles because I'm crazy.

I started off on doubles, so I had no idea how easy singles matches were until I took a break from doubles after beating the Champion's Cup. Nearly went insane because of the times the score went to 40-40 and whenever one side got the advantage, the other would score and bring it back to an even playing field. And I personally used Bowser Jr., but was disappointed by how few times he actually used the proper shot in the chance shot areas.

R_N

Not getting coins makes sense, at first. There's well over 100 clothes which comes out to many, many, many matches. If you didn't try to get all the trophies on everyone and mostly stuck to exhibition and multiplayer it would take a long time. I suppose it's a way to encourage you to keep playing, you know?
And then you put various characters & challenges in the minigames where you're rewarded with money.

But, really, not even getting prize money after you've unlocked everything kinda stings.

ALSO Super Mario Tennis 1-4? Terrible and expecting you to get 800 coins out of that thing is ridiculous.
800 rings? A bit luck based, but you'll probably get 600-700 without even trying per go around. Close enough to get you to keep trying, and the time limit is short enough to not over stay its welcome.
1500 coins in Galaxy Rally? REquires a lot of ball control but once you get used to it, it's very easy to earn. On a repeated basis, even!
Return 50 shots in the ink minigame? Hard, requires careful manipulation, but it's a flat 50 balls.

But it takes forever to earn coins in SMT. Even with the coin room that lets you refill your time a bit while collecting several coins it's going to take several passes through a slow, boring autoscroll.
And the route itself is a ridiculous maze where one wrong move makes you start all over.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
Not getting coins makes sense, at first. There's well over 100 clothes which comes out to many, many, many matches. If you didn't try to get all the trophies on everyone and mostly stuck to exhibition and multiplayer it would take a long time. I suppose it's a way to encourage you to keep playing, you know?
And then you put various characters & challenges in the minigames where you're rewarded with money.

But, really, not even getting prize money after you've unlocked everything kinda stings.

ALSO Super Mario Tennis 1-4? Terrible and expecting you to get 800 coins out of that thing is ridiculous.
800 rings? A bit luck based, but you'll probably get 600-700 without even trying per go around. Close enough to get you to keep trying, and the time limit is short enough to not over stay its welcome.
1500 coins in Galaxy Rally? REquires a lot of ball control but once you get used to it, it's very easy to earn. On a repeated basis, even!
Return 50 shots in the ink minigame? Hard, requires careful manipulation, but it's a flat 50 balls.

But it takes forever to earn coins in SMT. Even with the coin room that lets you refill your time a bit while collecting several coins it's going to take several passes through a slow, boring autoscroll.
And the route itself is a ridiculous maze where one wrong move makes you start all over.

Getting 800 coins in Super Mario Tennis 1-4 is not that hard. The key is to not miss too many items (especially not the star) and don't ever lose the ball. For every life you have left after beating Bowser, you get an extra 100 coins. You might also want to redo the route that has the star multiple times before moving on, because it will reappear every time.
I got 814 on my first try in Ring Shot. In the last few seconds, all rings start spawning very close to eachother, which can get you a lot of extra coins. Also make sure you select a court with "Fastest" Ball Speed.
I also got the 1500 coins in Galaxy Rally quite quickly. I just haven't gotten it multiple times, because I prefer standing closer to the net when grinding for coins. That way, it's a lot faster to get coins, but you also make mistakes more easily. It still gets me about 700 coins most tries.
As for the ink minigame, I haven't gotten 50 returns yet. When Bowser is in the middle at the net, even a charged lob doesn't get the ball over him, at least not with the characters I've used so far. What does work, is standing close to the net and doing a flat shot into a corner. Bowser usually isn't fast enough to get it. But sometimes the shot type I receive makes this impossible to do.

I have also beaten the multiplayer ring shot challenge, but Super Mario Tennis in multiplayer is very difficult. Even beating 2-1 isn't easy. We got stuck on 2-2.

R_N

Oh man do not stand next to the net in Galaxy Rally. You are screwing yourself over with that!
Stay towards the middle the arena, this gives you enough time to see the ball heading towards you as well as where the platforms &/or star re-appear which gives you more time to see which shot (Topspin for far away, lob for close by) is best. My low-end coin turnout using this is like 1000 and change, but I usually get ~1300 on average.

You know I still haven't progressed past the first loop of 1-4. Just how long is that stupid thing?

Torpoleon

Hooray! We have a new QR Code character revealed for the game and it is not another Yoshi! Metal Mario!

Unfortunately, it seems like he's the last one.