• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marnie from Spikemuth (1188)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1188.jpg

Marnie from Spikemuth

It's time for the next Ultra League match in the Pokémon World Championships, and this time Ash is facing a trainer named Marnie in Galar. However, when they arrive, a group known as Team Yell give Ash the wrong information for the match's venue, sending him to Spikemuth where he meets Marnie's brother, the Gym Leader Piers. Piers takes Ash to Wyndon and tells him about Marnie. Will Ash be able to win the match?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

YelST

watch Roukin
Hope we get to see more of Marnie.

Ash up to 15th is an indicator we're near the end of PM19, hope to see some real struggles from here on out

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
It's really clear that they neded Marnie and Piers to show and that's what they did. Nothing more. Of course is 1 vs 1 Kaijuu Batles are hard to animate...

So number Fifteen huh... that's one more battle or two unless there is a defeat that I do not think.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Kinda lines up with 5 battles for Hyper Class in the placeholder scene.

Next one to get him to #9, final one for his entry into M8. Unless they flub up and take him straight to 8 from 15.

If I did understand it well wasn't the Master Class going to be a Tournament.

If it is like that then he will only have 3 battles there so probably Raihan,Cynthia and Leon.

If Ash moved up to 15th then that means Marnie was in the top 12 at least, and it's pretty incredible that gengar would beat the strongest Pokemon from a trainer who should be almost as strong like an elite four, considering that he recently lost to a RANDOM ROTOM, but hey, I guess Allister gave him a lot of power

good episode

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
SLUDGE BOOOOMB!!! :D YES! Finally! They put a Poison move on a Poison-type that Ash actually has on his main team. Not only that, they finally put a Poison move on something in the Gastly line! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time the anime so much as acknowledges the Gastly line being part Poison?

(Why, yes, I love the Poison type very much)

Edit: right, right, Goh's Rotom Phone identified Gengar as Ghost and Poison. But I was talking more about the anime having the line show any actual Poison-type traits or moves.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's weird, you'd think Grookey would've at least have shown an interest in seeing Rillaboom considering he'll be bonding with a wild Thwacky in 2 weeks

Pteranodonte

Ash is number 15 now and yet it feels like we got nothing from this dumb competition. We could have had full battles, reserves, old rivals and gym leaders... The best we got are a couple of familiar faces that were crushed in one episode in a 3 vs 3, with the usual dumb plot armor like abilities not working because of lazy writing or Pokémon taking 1 hit to go down.
At least Gengar won this time, even if the battle itself was meh.

GhostWallker98

So after this battle, Ash has 1 more hyper-class battle left assuming he wins the next one. I'm fine with this because as soon as I saw Cynthia, I did not care about the pacing when it came to Ash's rank. I didn't expect this battle to be as good as the previous ones which is fine.

GGuitarGuy95

This battle was rushed as hell. Not only that, it was somewhat poorly directed. Once again, I will give props to the writers for handling Dynamax in this episode. This is how Dynamax always should’ve been handled. Before then, Dynamax was treated as this ridiculously overpowered mechanic that only another Dynamax user could contest with it.

A bit disappointed that this battle was only 1v1. No Pikachu vs Morpeko kind of sucks tho.