• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marnie from Spikemuth (1188)

Ryker101

I like that Allister’s still chilling there watching the battle on his phone. Glad they didn’t forget about him since he actually bonded with Gengar.

Bet he’s real proud rn. Bit weird he only had one scene tho

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Aaaand this marks the third time in a row people have complained about a battle. I am not sure if there is a problem with the writing or a problem with the community, though if I were to guess I would say a bit of both.

At least there were no specifically dislikable parts in the battle I guess?
Nothing New

when BW day it got much worse

love the episode 10/10 Marine is adorable , I love even more here, kinda wish she and bea switch place, I hope she made one or two more appearances in the future

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The PWC isn’t linear though.
That’s even worse, that would be calling it arbitrary meaning that he just loses whenever the writers want despite if it logically makes at that point.

Last edited:

diakyu

Did they explain how Marnie got James' Morpeko? /s

No, Morpeko was just a minor addition unfortunately. Does seem kind of weird though that they both exist.

They seem to want to show James' Morpeko as little as possible lately (though the same can be said about the whole TRio).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I knew he was gonna beat Marnie. It doesn't magically make sense that he beat a regional Champion but would lose to just anybody afterwards. It logically makes sense for him to lose to somebody in the hyper class and higher.
But then why is she "logically" ranked higher than dojo-beating Bea and a regional Champion if all we got from her was a one-on-one. Like, why is she that high other than "she's just that good."

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
But then why is she "logically" ranked higher than dojo-beating Bea and a regional Champion if all we got from her was a one-on-one. Like, why is she that high other than "she's just that good."
It can be just assumed she started earlier and that Iris and Bea just started later

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The PWC isn't linear so Rank doesn't really determine how strong a Trainer is

Hell a Trainer like Misty could end up being above Volkner, Bea, Iris and Marnie in the PWC, provided she entered the competition earlier than them and beat off a bunch of rando no names instead of anyone actually relevant

The Masters 8 are the only real exceptions to this since nearly all of them are either Champions or Elite 4 members except Raihan but he is at least Champion level

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
One thing that surprised me was how considerate Piers was, with regards to how fast he was going on his way to taking Ash to Wyndon, and he even went out of his way to apologise for Team Yell's actions, which Marnie rightly condemned as well as she wanted to win with her own strength, not by default as a result of her fans' deception. When Go said that he'd make his own way to Wyndon, my mind immediately thought "Is he going to make some off-screen captures?" and we know that isn't outside the realm of possibility after Lilligant, but at least he managed to get there by Corviknight Taxi. I am glad that despite James having his own Morpeko that Marnie had one under her ownership, and the way it interacted with Pikachu was cute for sure. Mind you, this episode kinda reminded me of EP079 in the sense that Ash was late to a sanctioned battle and was going to be disqualified but his opponent wouldn't accept a win by default. Onto the fight itself, Gengar using Dazzling Gleam means that Ash has now used at least one move of every type, and one thing that astonished me about this was apparently this was revealed seven months ago in a clip show, though the fight itself wasn't too out there, Ash tactically waited to Gigantamax his Gengar. Even though Ash (predictably) won the battle, I'm glad the episode had a positive outcome for Marnie and Piers in attracting more footfall into Spikemuth.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
how were marnie, bea, korrina, and iris not competent?

cynthia is in the top 8 of 10000+ trainers
Those three are not allowed to keep a long saga rivalry with Ash anymore. Bea barely made it midway. They all got Trip'd much earlier.

They all are obsolete trainers and all we have now is the Cynthia battle teasing for a female "rival" battle.