• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marriage, can you really be bothered?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Idk. Imo, my bride is worth the dress, the wedding planner, the stress, the money, and the drunk guy that always throws up at wedding parties.

Sorry about the vomit; that party was fan-dam-tastic though!

In all seriousness though, Ethan has it right on. When I find that special someone that i love and who loves me, I want to be able to scream it from the mountain tops and have a fantastic party with to celebrate her and my decision to stay together forever. The wedding might cost an arm and a leg, but she'll be totally worth it. Also, it's just an excuse to have a huge get together of friends and family to mix-and-mingle. And we all know I love parties.

In my opinion , have whatever type of wedding you want , i would not go near the whole Big expensive Approach , i would have a smaller one , but when I would actually be making up my mind on the matter , my partners opinion would mean a lot too , so all in all , do whatever makes you happy and good luck with it
Ftr Im a 14 year old atheist

In my opinion , have whatever type of wedding you want , i would not go near the whole Big expensive Approach , i would have a smaller one , but when I would actually be making up my mind on the matter , my partners opinion would mean a lot too , so all in all , do whatever makes you happy and good luck with it
Ftr Im a 14 year old atheist

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Some ppl want to have an extravagant wedding to celebrate a joyous time with their family and friends. There is nothing wrong with that, but it would be alot cheaper to not have a wedding.

kazine

I personally don't want to get married, because I don't think that I'll have a relationship capable of lasting for the rest of my life. Actually, I tell a lie, I want to have a passionate spur of the moment wedding that I think is going to last for the rest of my life at the time, but then it all goes horribly and ends in divorce. What can I say, I like drama and a good story.

Yeah, I wanted to get married once, to my first love. We were together for 2 years, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. However the guy ended up doing stuff to destroy my trust in him completely and my self esteem along with it so the relationship just couldn't go on. Still to today though I have never even come close to finding someone who made me feel even a fraction of what he did, which is why I don't want to marry, I don't believe I'll find anyone who makes me feel like that again.

The whole idea of marriage to me just screams the inability to easily break up if it is ever required. So it'll have to be someone damn worth it to convince me to want to get married again. Although I'm sure if someone did manage this I would once again revert to wanting to be married, but for now, as things are going, no I do not want to be married.

But good for the people who do feel this way, I say. Let them throw their parties.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Oooh I thought this was going to be a thread about getting married or not.

Well, there's no point in getting married in 5 minutes when you can throw a party. Seriously. Plus, [most] girls start thinking about their dream wedding at a very young age. I'd be crushed if my boyfriend told me he didn't want to have a wedding. It's completely worth it because it's celebrating something very important for you and you deserve to party for that! XD

~riolulu

Dattebayo

Banned
If it's so I can have my own family and not using condoms, then yes, buying all of these expensive stuffs for a wedding is worth it.

Yeti

Banned
this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I'm never getting married ever. Too much committment, too many responsibilities, and too little freedom. Sorry but it's just not for me. And on top of that big church weddings aren't my style. If hypothetically I were to get married it would be a cheap outdoors wedding and instead of wearing an expensive tux I'd wear a kimono(if I can find one). The idea of a couple wearing kimonos to a wedding just seems more romantic and probably doesn't cost as much as a tux and gown. I would only invite close friends and MAYBE relatives(not a big family guy) and wouldn't have a ridiculous planet-sized cake.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Either way marriage is completely and utterly pointless.

But whatever, getting married sounds like a good way to spend your weekend.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Well at this moment I don't want to get married but it is to be honest an exciting prospect. Yes I would like a fancy one because hopefully you will get married once and it will be worth it.

It is just that stage in life that is exciting I suppose.

Well, I'm probably not gonna be in a relationship long enough to make it a marriage, (I have the distinct feeling I'll be an independent woman; no hubbie and kids for me) but I do feel that marriage is somewhat pointless to begin with. You spend a crap ton of money on this big ceremony and buy expensive rings that basically say, "Hey, congratulations, now you're expected to spend the rest of your lives together. Don't screw up and get a divorce, that'd be bad." And all the people who attended know this.

The only difference not doing the ceremony gives you is saving a lot of cash and probably not getting bombarded with wedding gifts (but hey, that means you don't have to write tons of thank you cards for what is probably a bunch of stuff you didn't need). So, if I did get married this'd be be what I'd do. I don't get the big appeal for weddings, anyway. It just seems stupid to me.

I guess for me it's just that if you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them, why is simply saying so not enough? Why do people feel the need to get married in the first place? The only difference is that now everyone knows you'll be together forever, instead of just the two of you. Seems like a waste of money and fanfare for something you could easily just tell your friends and family.

P.S. - I really didn't mean to insult or offend anyone with this; I'm just showing my view on the matter.

cecil

Armed with a Mind
I'm not a big fan of luxurious party and stuff, but a party won't hurt that much. It is something you have to celebrate, but then again, it depends for each person, whether they want to make it a grand one or not.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
I'm already fed up with my girlfriend =_='' I don't think i'm in ahurry to get married... -_-'' How do you tell a girl that really loves you that you want t dump her? ^_^'' I've already stood her up around fourteen times, yet she still wants to go out with me... I think you need to wait for the right person before you get married ;D

treespyro

Vintage much?
I'm already fed up with my girlfriend =_='' I don't think i'm in ahurry to get married... -_-'' How do you tell a girl that really loves you that you want t dump her? ^_^'' I've already stood her up around fourteen times, yet she still wants to go out with me... I think you need to wait for the right person before you get married ;D

Simple "I feel that .... so therefore we need to break up" problem solved. Because that 14 times is really something to gloat about.

Marriage needs a lot of commitment and you have to be prepared I suppose.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I think devorcing is made too simple these days.

That's because you don't need a decent reason anymore.

Will I get married some day? Yeah. Will I be doing it anytime soon? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
While a wedding is a good idea, you don't have to spend a ton to have a good one. And it's actually making the marriage last that's important.
-Yes, divorce is too easy because people can't commit
-Yes, you should find the right person first! :D