• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marriage

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Do you think all marriage should be banned?

This whole monogamy thing is getting old, isn't it? 50% of all marriages end in divorce anyway, right?

I think straight and gay marriage should both be legal, but there should be two year waiting periods to get marriage certificates, to test their fidelity with each other.

kochoupink

butts lol
kochoupink likes this, if the spirit is right.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't think all should be banned its just i don't approve of gay marriage.
Don't get me wrong i have nothing against gays.
I have a friend who's gay and i respect that.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version

Thanks, but that's too much information which could go in the "gay marriage" thread instead. This thread is just about whether you think ALL marriage should be banned or not. :)

Grei

not the color

Learn to spell "frontier." And learn to read: this thread isn't about gay marriage. It's about marriage in general. We already have a crappy thread to discuss the former in, so let's not focus on gay marriage in the latter.

I think marriage shouldn't be banned unless there's some sort of alternative that is presented that offers roughly the same benefits. (Granted, that's kind of a given, but still.)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Thanks, but that's too much information which could go in the "gay marriage" thread instead. This thread is just about whether you think ALL marriage should be banned or not. :)

I don't think MARRIAGE should be banned.
Its a nice thing everyone should go through.

Last edited:
I disagree about it being banned, however I do believe it should lost all significance from a political standpoint and be given back to the religions so that it can be no more important in society than a baptism or confirmation. Effectively ending the gay marriage debate and hopefully making both sides happy.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Learn to spell "frontier."

It's a travesty you're so blunt about grammar and spelling.

And learn to read: this thread isn't about gay marriage. It's about marriage in general. We already have a crappy thread to discuss the former in, so let's not focus on gay marriage in the latter.

Amen. To all - this is my intent, please honor it when you post in this thread. I don't want this flooded with the volatile stuff from the gay marriage thread.

I think marriage shouldn't be banned unless there's some sort of alternative that is presented that offers roughly the same benefits. (Granted, that's kind of a given, but still.)

Wouldn't that then be marriage?

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I may have time to debate but not now. I do want to share my thoughts. Your question, sunny, is actually one of philosophical inquisitiveness and goes deeper than just marriage. It truly asks "are humans monogamous creatures?" From my studies in history and my observances in the present day I can say, without complete confidence, that humans are polygamous. Does actual love exist? Or is love just a delusion that our brains and emotions have created? But for what? Is it to provide a sense of content and happiness? Is it there to distract from an otherwise horrible world?

Who knows? I certainly don't.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Marriage was once was once a ritual of joining two people in holy matrimony. Two people who loved each other, and wanted to be together for the rest of their lives. It was more than a certificate and two rings, it was one of the most sacred things on Earth.

And now it's ruined.

Marriage should not be banned as a whole, but I do agree with the whole two-year waiting thing.

Most marriages end badly because people are too melodramatic and take things to heart easily. If everyone would just relax and think before they say anything, the world would be a better place.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Team Aero Leader
People in general are too emotional, too overreacting, too unforgiving, and/or too apathetic to keep a marriage going. With divorce rates getting to where they are, I'm wondering why bother?

Grei

not the color
It's a travesty you're so blunt about grammar and spelling.

SunnyC said:
Amen. To all - this is my intent, please honor it when you post in this thread. I don't want this flooded with the volatile stuff from the gay marriage thread.

Let's hope it stays a separate debate.

SunnyC said:
Wouldn't that then be marriage?

Not if it was called something else. :rolleyes:

I suppose it'd be more along the lines of a restructured civil union.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well if I say Marriage should be banned then that contradicts how I stand up for Gay marriage wouldn't it :p.

But seriously no I don't think it should, I do believe that there are people out there of all ages, genders and sexuality who knows how to make a marriage work. I know most are divorces (If my parents had got married years ago, they would have gotten a divorce since they broke up last year), but there is still a part of me that believes a marriage can actually work. And that two mature adults can actually work through things and remain together whether they are high school sweethearts or a Golden age Couple.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Funny, I heard people are getting married later in life, are waiting longer and there hasn't been a rise in divorce rates, but I'm sure someone can post a study to prove me wrong.

I usually don't approve of the state interfering with people's lives, but there may be merit to this statist idea.