• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marriage

PkmnTrainerJ

What do you think about marriage? Are you married? Do you want to get married? Are your parents married? What do you think of equality of marriage? Would you want a traditional wedding, or a quick registration thing? What are your thoughts on gay marriage? Would you want to be married before you had children?

I get married in 7 weeks, and have a 9 month old son with my wife to be. We are doing the traditional wedding thing, and getting married in a church. My parents were still married, but separated. Gay marriage is fine, why should someone be denied something they want just because they're homosexual?

Grey Wind

It's not legal for me to get married, although hopefully it will be by the time I'm old enough to.

As for getting married, I wouldn't really mind. It would be nice to have someone to be married to, and to call them my husband or whatever. For a wedding, I wouldn't really want anything big. Just a registration, and a small celebration. I wouldn't be into a big huge traditional one. Not for me.

As for children, if I do have any I'd want to be married first. I'm not sure if I'd like children though.

As for gay marraige, I definitely think it should be legal, since there's no legal reasons against it.

Zibdas

not bad
I doubt I will ever get married, as I don't much like other people irl. Maybe I will when I'm older, I don't know.

As for kids, if I somehow did managed to like someone and they liked me and we got married, I'd name them something odd, like Pancake or something.

Although I'm also not sure about marriage in general seeing as how many of it crashes and burns.

As for gay marriage, I'm indifferent. I really don't care about that stuff, as it really doesn't affect me in any way.

I'm not married. My parents were married for, I believe, 39 years. I don't think much about marriage. Some people tell me it's great in very unconvincing ways. Some people tell me you get married when you are tired of sex. Some people seem genuinely happy to be married.

So let's say someone had a gun to my head and I had to get married. It would probably be to a woman. I would not want it to be traditional. I would prefer just putting on slightly nicer clothes and showing up at the courthouse. Of course, my family wouldn't be there.

I would want to get married before I had children. I never plan to have children.

I think gay marriage should be legal.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
Definitely not married or a mother (though I know quite a hefty handful of few people my age who are one or both). Depending on who I end up spending my life with, I might not be able to get married anytime soon. My parents find it odd that I don't think about marriage at my age because they were married when my dad was 19 and my mom was 18 and by the time they were my age, my twin brother and I were a year old. They're still happily together, but I know if I were to try and settle my life down to that extent right now I would be miserable and end up making a marriage very unsuccessful. Marriage in general doesn't seem necessary, in my opinion. I would much rather spend money that would go towards an expensive ceremony, dress and entertainment on adventurous activities or travel destinations. And yes, I think gay marriage should definitely be legal. Without a doubt.

Good luck with everything that's coming up in your life, PkmnTrainerJ!

Deffinately not married yet, or anytime soon. But I deffinately do want to get married eventually.

Yes relationships can function perfectly without marriage....but marriage is a symbol of the love between two people, it's special :redface:

As for gay marriage I'm obviously in full support as I am gay, but even if I weren't I still believe people should be able to marry whomever they so chose without a law telling them they can't.

I'm waaay to young to be married yet, but i doubt i'll ever get married.
As for having Children, No because i hate screaming kids. i can't even take care of myself so whats the point?
gay marriage should be legal, i don't know why so many people are against that.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm not old enough to get married.
Children probably
GAY marriage should be legal.

Spookz

Lumos
I don't have a huge desire to marry, but given the right circumstances I would.

It's not legal in my state, though Civil Unions are (finally), and I'm single at the moment. I'm not the kind of person who needs to marry to solidify a relationship or to proclaim my love, and I'm not religious. Really, the benefits of a marriage, or union, are what would draw me to do it with my partner. I don't need a piece of paper or rings to remind me how I feel about someone.

I don't want to have children. I've decided years ago that I wouldn't mind raising kids, obviously provided I'm in a stable relationship and have the finances to do so, but I'm going to adopt because I'm not a selfish narcissist. Not saying all parents who produce their own kids are narcissists; I just don't understand why there is a need to have "your own" kids when so many existing kids don't have proper homes. Seriously.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I'm not married, but in the future I might get married. Kids are okay I guess, and I see no reason against gay marriage.

Vernikova

Champion
Firstly, I'd like to wish you a happy life with your future wife OP.

Now, I don't even want to think about married. I just don't find it appealing to get married when I could just be in a relationship with them. If my relationship doesn't work out then I wouldn't need to file divorce papers or anything like that. I can just break up with them and move on the next day. It's probably because my parents aren't married that I don't want to get married.

I'm in favor of gay marriage since I don't see a reason for them not to have the right to get married. If I were to get married, it would be a quick registration type since I don't want huge ceremony and all of that. Also, it wouldn't matter if I had kids or not if I decided to get married.

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Married 23 years (not 25 like I thought a few weeks ago darn it) This is my 2nd marriage.

My parents were married close to 60 years until my mom died.

Helpful tips for getting married:
Say You are sorry when you are wrong, accept your spouses when it is offered.

Talk about everything, and be sure you are on the same page when making big decisions.

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers, watch a sunset, and just hold hands.

Tell your spouse you love them(with a kiss if possible) . Everyday... more than once! We say it at least 5-6 times a day.

Finally, and most important, Your spouse and children ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN YOU LIFE! PERIOD!!! Seriously, you must put them ahead of you, your friends, and your family (mom, dad siblings et al). Your spouse and children is a part of you, so they are the most important thing, just below breathing and eating.

Remember these things and you will have a good chance of being married for 50 or more years.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I'm not too sure about marriage. I know it's not something that I would rush into. Because if I do find the right guy, I'd rather spend my whole life with him than have a divorce in a few years. I guess I do want to be married at some point, and if I do, it will obviously have to be an OTT wedding. =D

Flame Mistress

I dunno about marriage, but I don't want to have babies, no matter what. I just can't stand babies. They cry and scream their heads off at the slightest thing, and they're too stubborn and whatnot.

Gay marriage? As long as it's not me, I'm fine with it.

Geekachu

I'm not bothered about marriage, admittedly. If I'm to be honest, I don't really regard marriage as such a valuable commitment, and I do think this sentiment remains in most of modern day society. With the abundance of divorces and two people being able to get hitched in a roadside chapel, I think that the original value of a life long commitment between two people has become something of an ignored one.

This isn't to say I'm completely against marriage, I still think it's a nice act for two people to engage in if they wish.

And I see no reason against gay marriage either. In a society where we're becoming more and more conscious about equality, laws against gay marriage are just huge staples against the pursuit of an equal and moral society.

And I don't want to think of kids. Especially after a work experience I once did at a school T.T

Mevejuma

What do you think about marriage? Are you married? Do you want to get married? Are your parents married? What do you think of equality of marriage? Would you want a traditional wedding, or a quick registration thing? What are your thoughts on gay marriage? Would you want to be married before you had children?

I get married in 7 weeks, and have a 9 month old son with my wife to be. We are doing the traditional wedding thing, and getting married in a church. My parents were still married, but separated. Gay marriage is fine, why should someone be denied something they want just because they're homosexual?

What do I think of marriage? I think it's the coming together of two people who hold a significant and loving bond, and wish to commit their lives to each other and always support one another through thick and thin. Though, obviously, not all marriages are like this.

I am not married, for I am only 18.

Again, being 18, marriage is way off in the future for me right now, but I think it's definitely on the cards for me at some point.

My parents are indeed married, and have been happily so for nearly 24 years now.

However my wedding takes place is obviously going to be a joint decision with my future partner, but personally, I wouldn't like it to be one of those quick registration ones. I go to church, and so a few of those I am closest to are Christian as well, and would probably like to see me in a church wedding, in fact my Reverend would probably want to hold the service, but if my future partner is not Christian and would feel uncomfortable with it, it's not something I'd try and push on her.

Gay marriage is fine in my eyes, I don't see why people have such a problem with it.

Children before marriage = definite no no. Before marriage I need to focus on myself and my own life, and the relationship I am building with whoever she will be, kids are the last thing I'd need at that point.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Children before marriage = definite no no. Before marriage I need to focus on myself and my own life, and the relationship I am building with whoever she will be, kids are the last thing I'd need at that point.

I agree with that completely. I'd like to think that every child out there has the right to be born into a nice family. It's a shame seeing how many single parents there are out there struggling. Of course sometimes circumstances get in the way but ideally, I'd only want a child if I was married and in a strong relationship.

Mevejuma

I agree with that completely. I'd like to think that every child out there has the right to be born into a nice family. It's a shame seeing how many single parents there are out there struggling. Of course sometimes circumstances get in the way but ideally, I'd only want a child if I was married and in a strong relationship.

It's not just that the child deserves to be in a loving, safe family though. Once a child comes into your life, then a lot of your time and money is directed towards said child so that it can have the best start in life possible. That means you have less time and money for yourself to go do all the things you want to do, visit the places you want to see, focus on furthering yourself in your career etc. I'm not saying children are bad, they're one of the biggest blessings you can have in your life, just that I'd rather make sure I'm content and comfortable with everything I have/haven't done for myself before I think about raising a child.

HoennMaster

I'm kind of indifferent to marriage. I've just seen so many things wrong with it that it has put me off to it, but at the same time I find it sweet. I only want to get married if I find that one special person. And not just someone I have feelings for, something deeper. I honestly could less about having kids before marriage. I'm going to do things at a pace that feels right for me, and whether it be kids than marriage or marriage than kids, so be it.

As for Gay Marriage, it should be legal. There is absolutely nothing wrong it.