• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marrisonshipping (Alain x Mairin) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew11

8000 MMR
MarrisonShipping | Alan/Alain x Manon/Mairin

[imgsize=350]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkdj4nXCQAAss8z.png[/imgsize]

Credits to かゆ

Welcome to the official MarrisonShipping/Alan x Manon thread
Marrisonshipping is the name given to the belief of Alan/Alain and Manon's/Mairin's potential in being involved in a romantic relationship. The name's origin comes from the French name Marriso (w/out the 'n'), which is used by X to name his Chespin in the Pokemon Adventures manga. Plus, Alain is the French form of Alan, and he was previously an assistant of Professor Sycamore in the lab where they give the starters to new trainers.

RULES

1. All SppF rules apply, as well as this forum's rules.
2. No bashing or flaming. Respect other people's opinions and beliefs, as well as other characters and shippings.
3. No double/triple/quadruple/5+ posts. Edit your previous post if you want to add or fix something. This forum lags sometimes, which usually results in unintentional multi-posting. If this occurs to you, remove the extra one immediately.
4. Stay on-topic. Avoid discussing/commenting about the latest episodes, and do not talk about other shippings here (They have their own threads), unless they are related in a way or another to MarrisonShipping.
5. No one-liners. In other words, avoid posts with just a single line. Elaborate more, otherwise they will be considered SPAM.
6. If you wish to post a fan art, remember to give credit to the respective artist. In case you don't know who the artist is, say so.
7. Each member will have three chances, before being banned from the thread.

MEMBER LIST

matthew11 [owner]
Blood Red
SerenaForTheWin
Luthor
Hanzer
JSLatios

FANFICTIONS

None so far.

If you have a fanfic you want to suggest, simply post its link and the name of the author/authoress.

FANARTS

ノンノンパワー!! - by あこ

飴沢's art

If you have a fan art you want to share, simply post it and the name of the artist.

AMVs

None so far.

BANNERS

None so far.

Wanna add one? Just post it!

POSSIBLE TOPICS

What do you love about MarrisonShipping?
How do you think MarrisonShipping will be developed?
What do you envision in this ship's future?

Any questions/suggestions are welcome.

With that said, have fun!

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Heh, I think it's an interesting ship. I'mma join up :D

The thing I like most about this ship is how Mairin has turned Alain into a person who seems to have actual human emotion. Before he met her, he didn't seem like a person who cared about anything but becoming stronger. However, it's clear that he has started to care for her wellbeing.

Also, I think adding that Harimaron's French name is 'Marrison' and that Mairin dresses like a Harimaron would be better than mentioning X's Harimaron, since I don't think that's the reason for the ship's name.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Sign me up as well

let's see the way i pair this ship is maybe manon can learn from alan - with manon as somehow like the student while alan is defintiely the mentor

the problem is alan doesn't seem to be concerned with manon, so maybe i hope i can see him a change of personality - i just want to see alan smile at least once then i'm ok with it :p

Luthor

for me it had to be the moment Lysandre, arguably one of the most evil men in pokemon history still took the time to tease Alain about it "that's quite a small girlfriend you've got there" and the look on Alains face was just priceless. Alain and Mairin have some other great interactions overall but for me thats my favourite.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Well that was surprisingly slow to make this thread xd

Lysandre's opinion was so unexpected, and that's what I love about Marrisonshipping, "random" guys think Mairin is Alain's girlfriend xD but we have seen Alain caring about Mairin in the second episode, when everything started to collapse, he rushed to ensure Mairin's safety, and he protected her with his body, that was so sweet.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Welcome, Marrisonshippers! I've added your names on the list.

I suppose I should contribute to the current topic:

I guess, what I love about this ship is the fact that Alan had a major characteristic change during Act II. He was, more openly caring for Manon's safety and well-being than in the first special. What I love most about this, yeah it's been already mentioned by you guys, was as though Lysandre said, or teased for that manner, that Manon was Alan's 'small' girlfriend, and the fact that this happened just one ep from their introduction. I just can't help but ship these two after that ep. Plus, one scene in the ep made me ship them harder; when a Draco Meteor crashed down near Manon and resulted to her being blown away, and Alan's reaction time was perfect. He caught her in time just before she hit the ground, taking the fall for himself.

Like what SerenaForTheWin said, it seems as though they are in a student-teacher relationship. But it's not. Alan had not taught anything to Manon... yet.

Anyway, just here to share a fan art that I think 1 or 2 of you may already saw this. But anyway:

[imgsize=500]http://i4.pixiv.net/c/480x960/img-master/img/2014/11/11/04/11/05/47024635_p0_master1200.jpg[/imgsize]

Credits to あこ of pixiv.

Source

Also, I think adding that Harimaron's French name is 'Marrison' and that Mairin dresses like a Harimaron would be better than mentioning X's Harimaron, since I don't think that's the reason for the ship's name.

Well, that wasn't the reason the namer of this ship said. But meh.

Last edited:

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
The reason why I love this ship because you got a beginner trainer with just a Chespin then you got her mentor, Alain; the guy with the Megazard x
And that Lysandre moment was priceless :D

matthew11

8000 MMR
The reason why I love this ship because you got a beginner trainer with just a Chespin then you got her mentor, Alain; the guy with the Megazard x
And that Lysandre moment was priceless :D

It seems to lean towards the student-mentor relationship. Alan still hasn't taught anything to Manon... yet.

Slow today. Topic time!

Q: Do you think we will see Alan more open (beyond actual care) towards Manon in future specials? Why or Wynaut?

well he taught her a bit when she wanted to catch a pokemon

Well, yeah, but it's not something major.

Anyway, just here to share a fan art:

[imgsize=400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2ijbUtCcAAykXy.png[/imgsize]

Credits to 飴沢 of twitter

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Luthor

It seems to lean towards the student-mentor relationship. Alan still hasn't taught anything to Manon... yet.
/B]

well he taught her a bit when she wanted to catch a pokemon

Slow today. Topic time!

Q: Do you think we will see Alan more open (beyond actual care) towards Manon in future specials? Why or Wynaut?

i don't think he'll be that open. He's quite closed emotionally anyway. It'll be slightly more each time i think but never that open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

What's not to love? They both care about Pokemon authentically, Manon has impacted Alan in a great way too, he was much more expressive probably as a result of Manon's presence and Iwane's dead-on perfect animation work. The "protection" between the two actually works really well and it gives me great vibes, he's also guided her along with catching her first Pokemon(Fla-chan, her Flabebe) and you'll notice in the end segment of the Mega Evolution showcases she gives that she's become less clumsy meanwhile Alan has become more open. She has seen quite a few of his Mega Evolution fights and knows to station herself somewhere safe beforehand, their relationship is shown to have Mega Evolved more so into a companion and partnership and he seems to really care about Manon now. At first he would leave her behind with no problem but shows a lot of concern for her when she almost fell several times or got hurt, like Hari san he's looking out for her now. Not to mention I love his snark toward her.("For the last time your Pokemon Mega Evolve, not you.")

Juliejo2001

Shipping Addict
Hello! It's my first post on this forum... The last post was on the 30th so I don't think it's too late...

I honestly have no idea, but I finally saw the dubbed specials today and I literally fangirled internally and I immediately took a liking to this ship. I swear, this has to be one of the cutest pairings ever and I can't believe there's barely any art of it, they're so cute together!!!

How do you think MarrisonShipping will be developed?

Well if what I saw in the specials was of any importance, it seems like Alain is slowly growing fonder of Mairin, and that scene where he shields her from the giant explosion and she asks if she's okay... and then when she keeps insisting that he can't downplay his injury really had shown me how much they care for each other!

What do you envision in this ship's future?

Well, seeing as how Alain is actually working for Lysandre, and we all know Lysandre is evil because he is in charge of Team Flare in the X and Y games. So I guess when Alain finds out, Mairin might lift his spirits and give him another reason to fight on for peace., and a lot more hinting and possibly becoming canon!

Status
Not open for further replies.