• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marshadow Event at Target in North America

Nyter

Island Challenger
Y'all, I just stopped in at Target (Here in the East Coast) and as expected... NO ONE in that dang retailer knew what the eff I was talking about.

I did all my reading of the official Pokemon posting for these codes. Volcanion/Genesect were distributed at GameStop. The GameStop associates always know what is being asked of them when looking for these codes.

Target... That is another story. Target (for those of you who do not know) is a department retailer (like Wal-mart). I went to the tech department first assuming it is near where the video games are sold. The tech associate (before I could finish my inquiry) sent me over to the trading card department. I asked an associate nearby there and he referred me to a Supervisor. I show her the official posting and she says everything card base they put in the section where all the other sporting cards are. I told her it's not a sporting card, it's a scratch-off giveaway. She says the Vendor never delivered anything.

So either she is right OR even if they get delivered, these people will not know what the heck to do with these codes. For all I know they could throw them away thinking it is unnecessary ads.

Does the Pokemon Company even instruct retailers when they send these out? They need to keep these codes at GameStop. They know best what to do. Who do we complain about this?

Anyways, I fear, this time, I may not be able to collect this Mythical Pokemon due to the poor distribution method.

Anyone else had a similar or successful story regarding this?

Pokemon Power

Y'all, I just stopped in at Target (Here in the East Coast) and as expected... NO ONE in that dang retailer knew what the eff I was talking about.

I did all my reading of the official Pokemon posting for these codes. Volcanion/Genesect were distributed at GameStop. The GameStop associates always know what is being asked of them when looking for these codes.

Target... That is another story. Target (for those of you who do not know) is a department retailer (like Wal-mart). I went to the tech department first assuming it is near where the video games are sold. The tech associate (before I could finish my inquiry) sent me over to the trading card department. I asked an associate nearby there and he referred me to a Supervisor. I show her the official posting and she says everything card base they put in the section where all the other sporting cards are. I told her it's not a sporting card, it's a scratch-off giveaway. She says the Vendor never delivered anything.

So either she is right OR even if they get delivered, these people will not know what the heck to do with these codes. For all I know they could throw them away thinking it is unnecessary ads.

Does the Pokemon Company even instruct retailers when they send these out? They need to keep these codes at GameStop. They know best what to do. Who do we complain about this?

Anyways, I fear, this time, I may not be able to collect this Mythical Pokemon due to the poor distribution method.

My Target had that situation too. The two employees at the Tech bench didn't even know what a distribution code was. Fortunately, another Target had the codes later in the day, and I got one for my Sword and one for my Shield.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I got one yesterday and the two guys who were in the electronics section knew what I was talking about. They just forgot to get the cards from the back room. I was actually the first person to as, for one. I’m going back later this week to get another for m6 Shield game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Not with this event, but with a Detective Pikachu one. Walmart had none of the cards, since they weren't doing the event.

Gamestop seems more consistent with events.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I instinctively went towards the electronics section because that’s where all of the games and consoles are and where the accessories are located as well. It just doesn’t make sense to keep them anywhere else especially since the TCG section of my local Target is just a wall with other trading cards near the registers and no one is working near them unless they are at the register.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So I was able to get some codes.

I'm mainly looking for Shiny Galarian Moltres and/or Shiny Galarian Zapdos for trade.