• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Martyred Core

Usatoday

Eternal God
Now recently ive been doing some offensive and defensive cores for my clan and these two fit rather well together
232.png

Donphan @ leftovers
Nature Adamant
Ability Sturdy
Evs 200 HP 252 Atk 56 Spd
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Seed Bomb/Rapid Spin
First off we have the little elephant that could say hello to donphan the ground tyoe with a decent movepool. Earthquake allows donohan to hit electric and steel types very well such a magnezone and jolteon, and with some decemt prediction I can get a free switch into them when they attempt to use their stabs. Ice shard enables you to hit the dragons with a very strong priority move that can 2 hit ko latios mence haxorus and dragonite. Stone edge will enable me to hit the ever annoying gengar which otherwise donphan can barely touch. Stone edge also allows me to deal with volcarona a lot easier. Now for the last slot we have two choices first off we have seed bomb enabling you to hit gastrodon and jellicent however if I weak to hazards I may drop coverage for the support of the team.

448.png

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Nature Naive
Ability Inner Focus
Evs 252 Atk 4 SAtk 252 Spd
Close Combat
Hidden Power (Ice)
Crunch
Bullet Punch
Now this is perhaps one of the most loyal pokemon ever created. Now this set requires a little prediction to use. Close combat is obviously a stab move that hits rock steel and dark types. Hidden power enables lucario to easily deal with landorus therian and gliscor as both have better physical bulk than they do special and crunch enables us to deal with gengar and jellicent and celebi when the switch in to take a close combat you can hit them with a dark move next. Finally we bullet punch to deal with a plus 2 speed or scarf terrakion as extremespeed wont help you there.

479-heat.png

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Nature Modest
Ability Levitate
Evs 248 HP 4 Def 252 SAtk 4 SDef
Overheat
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Now the other two of this core have trouble with fire types however rotom can take these and provide a great offensive presence with its dual stab. This is the sole pokemon capable of taking out the jellithorn combo. thunderbolt is a stab that enables you to combat politoed jellicent and take out tornadus therian. Thunder wave is meant to help its lack of speed investment as this rotom is meant to take a hit. Overheat allows rotom to deal with jirachi and celebi. Finally dark pulse enables rotom to pull off a semi effective paraflinch combo when cimbined with thunder wave.

350.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature Calm
Ability Marvel Scale
Evs 252 HP 4 SAtk 252 SDef
Scald
Mirror Coat
Recover
Refresh
Now we have a rather strange set in the form of mirror coat and refresh. Now unlike last time this team doesn't really need a cleric becaise celebi has natural cure and milotic has refresh now refresh is meant to take place of rest on the rest talk set. Scald allows the potential to burn the opponent and get a handy stab. Now mirror coat may look weird however the core has a lot of trouble with boltbeam pokemon and mirror coat allows me bounce back the damage dealt to me in relatively large portions hence getting rid of the pokemon sent after a volt switch or a starmie kill meaning skarmory can set up spikes. Recover then allows me to heal damage.

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature Impish
Ability Natural Cure
Evs 252 HP 160 Def 96 SDef
Seed Bomb
U-Turn
Perish Song
Recover
Now here is a perish set with a different set of effort values. The evs allow me to function as a mixed wall enabling me to pivot switch with it. Celebi also absorbs the electric attacks that neither skarmory nor milotic can take such as rotom wash. Now the physical set is used becaise its unexpected just as the swords dance variant of celebi. Seed bomb hits bulky water types and u-turn for hurting fellow celebi. U-turn also allows for good scouting when combined with perish somg as they have to switch or die. Recover is eminant or in other words allows me to recover stall some pokemon until the last turn of perish and then u-turn.

227.png

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Nature Impish
Ability Sturdy
Evs 252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk
Brave Bird
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Meet the best physical wall in the game. Skarmory can take just about any physical hit. When my offensive core takes out the opponents spinner i bring skarmory in to start putting pressure upon the opponent when they switch. Roost enables me to heal damage dealt to me from offensive threats such as scrafty and terrakion. Brave bird allows me to deal damage and hit machamp. Whirlwind enables me to get rid of pokemon that are setting up​

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
hey bro, nice team. im a little pressed for time, but may i suggest ice beam>refresh and a flame orb on milotic? its famous for being a great wall for that exact reason. plus, you dont waste a turn refreshing, giving the opponent a free hit.

seeing as you arent investing any atk evs into celebi, use leaf storm over seed bomb. it'll allow it to hit harder. i have no clue as to how to change the nature though.

an option on rotom-h: try volt switch> thunderbolt. you lose power, but gain an effective voltturn core. a core within cores, so to speak. you can switch into celebi from jellicent, and then hit with u-turn on the predicted ferro switch or leaf storm/seed bomb.

thats all i have for now, but ill be back. sorry if its a sh!tty rate, i have to leave very soon, as you know. ill bump this and rate harder when i get back, just for you.

Usatoday

Eternal God
No actually its pretty good and have a fun vaca

Usatoday

Eternal God
Well banded terrakion is a pain but often its thundurus therian

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
well since i don't know much about competitive so i don' have lots of comments

but I think Inner Focus on Lucario could be switched to Justified to take a hit for Celebi. The only time Inner Focus would be useful is against Fake Out.

Usatoday

Eternal God
well since i don't know much about competitive so i don' have lots of comments

but I think Inner Focus on Lucario could be switched to Justified to take a hit for Celebi. The only time Inner Focus would be useful is against Fake Out.
Jirachi says hi scarf iron head is annoying

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Have you considered giving your rotom a timid nature and 220 speed ev's? You will lose either offensive powder or bulk depending on how you do it, but it will let you outspeed max speed gyarados

Usatoday

Eternal God
Have you considered giving your rotom a timid nature and 220 speed ev's? You will lose either offensive powder or bulk depending on how you do it, but it will let you outspeed max speed gyarados

I actually prefer the bulk and i have a celebi and skarmory that can deak with gyrados

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Like you said, you have trouble with the ''double dancer'' Thunderus-T, I dont have the calcs, but since your Donphan has 4 attacking moves, you could throw a Choice Band on it, maybe it can knock a Thunderus-T out after some damage. Otherwise you could consider using a Mamo over Donphan. For the Terrakion your Lucario is a fine revenge-killer. Overall I think your team is nice, but you'll need to watch out fot Sun tho.