• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel or D.C.?

Marvel or D.C.?

• Total voters

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
The comic series, post which one you think is better and why.

I think Marvel because all the heroes there are better imo

Ampy

Light The Stars
Why do I have to choose? Can't I find great enjoyment in both?

Then say just that.

I prefer Marvel due to Spiderman, but D.C. is great too.

BCVM22

Spiderman

You bring up a great point.

Style guide of most commonly mistyped Marvel heroes:

Spider-Man
X-Men
Daredevil

It may be minor, but I personally die a little inside every time I see an Xmen or a Dare Devil or a Spiderman get bandied about.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I enjoy both. Both company's make make great comics which I have enjoyed.

My favorite Superhero from Marvel is Iron Man or Captain America and my favorite from DC is either Raven or Batman.

But nonetheless, both are amazing.

Penguinist Trainer

Honestly I'm partial to both as well. I think that was probably the worst part about being a kid is going to the comic shop with your couples dollars in hand and trying to decide which comic series you were going to buy this time.

Personally, I've always had a place in my heart for the heroes who didn't have powers. So no matter if it's D.C. or Marvel, as long as they are giving me a hero I can appreciate, I'm happy.

D.C.: Batman and Green Arrow were my favorites.

Marvel: Spiderman, Hawkeye, and The Punisher were my favorites.

Although I had favorites, I tended to buy any comic that had intriguing cover art. If the cover art looked good, it just made me want to find out if the story was good.

Last edited:

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I prefer Marvel. There's no real reason for it, it just appeals to me more than Detective Comics Comics.

Then again, Batman...

Then again, Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Mister Sinister, Mystique and Spider-Man, among others.

OK, Marvel.

And yes, I am particularly fond of X-Men.

Last edited:

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
D.C. has cooler heros, bad*** villans and is more epic. Marvel is for kids (Seriosly? Itsy Bitsy Spiderman? Hulkey Polky Hulk?)

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
I picked DC. Mainly because Batman is my favorite superhero.

I have mixed feelings about both because I feel they expand and run so many comic lines about the same hero at the same time. *cough* Batman *cough*

Sometimes less is more. :/

I would prefer a series of a well written comic book arc over 10 mediocre story arcs.

Meh. rant/

Penguinist Trainer

I picked DC. Mainly because Batman is my favorite superhero.

I have mixed feelings about both because I feel they expand and run so many comic lines about the same hero at the same time. *cough* Batman *cough*

Sometimes less is more. :/

I would prefer a series of a well written comic book arc over 10 mediocre story arcs.

Meh. rant/

i personally liked the smaller comic arcs over the larger storylines. not that i don't like both, but i remember shopping for comics as a kid, and i always made sure i had enough money to get each issue in a particular comic arc, whether there were 4 issues, 5, or even six issues in the storyline.

i think there is nothing worse than missing that one issue in the story arc, so shorter arcs i think are better for kids.

also the shorter arcs, in my opinion, allowed me to branch out and appreciate more than one hero. rather than just solely focusing on the hero in one story, i got to check out different arcs of different heroes which only increased my love of comics.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
D.C. has cooler heros, bad*** villans and is more epic. Marvel is for kids (Seriosly? Itsy Bitsy Spiderman? Hulkey Polky Hulk?)
[IMG139]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4871/hulksmashup100.jpg[/IMG139]
I tried to stop him but he wanted to rearrange your face.
I like both honestly. I can't really choose.

Sunshine72

Hope Rides Alone
I like both. Marvel for Spider-man and Iron Man, D.C. for Batman and Superman.

Darato

(o,..,o)

Now I'm a man that loves D.C., but you really have no idea what your getting at.

Look at a lot of the back grounds of people from Marvel even more so with the X-Men there is nothing kiddy about that at all.

Marvel and D.C. have both had the kiddy cartoons and comics at one point or another, and will always have them.

Your Friendly Neighbor Spider-Man has had his share of dark stuff as well that isn't for kids.

Mystique from X-Men has had more bone in her than Wolverine has lost, and has even been with quite a few girls.

None of that counts as kid's stuff.

Now let's take a look at The Man of Steel Superman. He is the one that has many shows for little kids, and has the cape they all run around in.

I'll add more later

L.F.D.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I like both. They both have great heroes and heroines with great stories. I really can't choose.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
It doesn't really matter to me, though my childhood pretty much revolved around DC heroes - with a touch of Marvel's Spider-Man and X-Men, here and there.