• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

shadowF

sorry guys, I was trying to get you guys to say Nova! I feel like Nova has a lot of potential to be great considering if they make a film about him he can be marvel's response to spider-man! I guess we can also open the discussion in how do you guys think they should bring in black panther, inhumans, Ms. Marvel, ant-man and dr strange to the big screen as well. But I really do I kinda feel like they should bring Nova as well.

BCVM22

The biggest "issue", if issue it is, is going to be in adapting Ms. Marvel - in her station as the female counterpart of the male, Kree Captain Marvel - without it being at odds with her current portrayal in the comics, where she isn't a "Ms." anymore and where Marvel is pushing her as their preeminent superheroine, and rightly so.

Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Ant-Man don't really have to be "brought in" - they can exist in their own corner of the MCU Earth without necessarily having to interact heavily with the established characters. Not terribly unlike Guardians of the Galaxy in that regard. In particular, they'll have the least amount of trouble with that in adapting Black Panther, with it being central to the character's origin that he originates from an advanced but isolationist African nation.

And while all four of the aforementioned characters have no shortage of history with the Avengers, their solo films don't necessarily have to be developed with that sole goal in mind. Unlike, say, Captain America or Iron Man, whose first (two) film(s) was/were almost as much about setting the stage for The Avengers as it was about establishing those characters and their places in the larger MCU.

Last edited:

Ilikepiex7

sorry guys, I was trying to get you guys to say Nova! I feel like Nova has a lot of potential to be great considering if they make a film about him he can be marvel's response to spider-man! I guess we can also open the discussion in how do you guys think they should bring in black panther, inhumans, Ms. Marvel, ant-man and dr strange to the big screen as well. But I really do I kinda feel like they should bring Nova as well.

Nova the Richard Rider version was almost in Guardians of the Galaxy but he was cut so they could focus more on Star-Lord

Janovy

Banned
I loved the season two premiere.

The tone of the show has definitely shifted and there were many alien things in this episode that are specifically related to Kree.

- The language on the 084 they retrieved which is the same alien language that appeared in the s1 finale.
- In the Peggy Carter flashback there was a blue alien body in the box with a symbol of the alien language on its arm.
- Of course, I'm 100% certain that the alien is the same as the one they used to extract the miracle drug that saved Coulson and Skye.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I would imagine the next character they might bring into the movies would be Wasp. Given her status as a founding member of the avengers(this is all assuming she isn't introduced in the Ant Man movie).

Next could be the Falcon(yes I know he's been introduced already but I mean as an actual Avenger).

She-Hulk is another one who would be awesome.

Mockingbird(she can go from Agents of Shield into the movies at some point)

All of the characters being made on those Netflix shows could also appear in the movies I would assume(Dare Devil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, etc etc).

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I didn't get to see the premiere :( I bet it was good though.

As for future character cameos/movies, I would like to see: Ms. Marvel. Dr. Strange. She-Hulk. Nova would be neat to see. Spider-Woman (not sure if they still own the rights to her?) Namor. Inhumans (mainly Medusa and Crystal). Heroes for Hire. Hela, Valkyrie, Enchantress for Thor movie characters. And some Young Avengers like Wiccan, Marvel Boy and Kate Bishop.

What about characters who were Avengers at one time? Can Marvel use them? Beast? And more modern occurrences of characters like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue (idk if she is an official member but she was in a few issues of Uncanny Avengers recently), and Spider-Man?

One movie I'm not really looking forward to is the Fantastic Four reboot. I'm not a huge fan of the FF (except for maybe Human Torch) and I really didn't like the first two movies. Plus I've read a few things about the new reboot movie and imo I'm not too sure if it's going to be good.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I definitely want to see Inhumans. They would be a fine replacement since MCU cannot use Mutants.

Plus with the whole Kree mystery going in Agents of Shield, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow set up Inhumans.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I definitely want to see Inhumans. They would be a fine replacement since MCU cannot use Mutants.

Plus with the whole Kree mystery going in Agents of Shield, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow set up Inhumans.

It's a shame about the mutants. They are my favorite and I think Marvel would use them SO much better than they are being used (even though Days of Future Past was decent). Marvel ought to at least be able to say Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are mutants, and mention mutants, and at least have some lower-level mutant cameos on Agents of Shield.

And it's possible about the Kree/Inhumans. Or the Kree storyline could be leading up to Ms. Marvel (since she has Kree powers).

I wonder what the main story will be about in Season 2 of Agents of Shield? Season one was about the fall of Shield to tie in with the Captain America movie, but I think the second season of Agents of Shield will be through filming before the 2nd Avengers movie is out right? I suppose they could have a storyline that tied into Guardians of the Galaxy?

Ilikepiex7

I didn't get to see the premiere :( I bet it was good though.

As for future character cameos/movies, I would like to see: Ms. Marvel. Dr. Strange. She-Hulk. Nova would be neat to see. Spider-Woman (not sure if they still own the rights to her?) Namor. Inhumans (mainly Medusa and Crystal). Heroes for Hire. Hela, Valkyrie, Enchantress for Thor movie characters. And some Young Avengers like Wiccan, Marvel Boy and Kate Bishop.

What about characters who were Avengers at one time? Can Marvel use them? Beast? And more modern occurrences of characters like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue (idk if she is an official member but she was in a few issues of Uncanny Avengers recently), and Spider-Man?

One movie I'm not really looking forward to is the Fantastic Four reboot. I'm not a huge fan of the FF (except for maybe Human Torch) and I really didn't like the first two movies. Plus I've read a few things about the new reboot movie and imo I'm not too sure if it's going to be good.
Namor has complicated rights so they can't use him and they can't use those X-men and spiderman despite being avengers in the past (they were lucky to get Scarlet witch and Quicksliver). Which Nova do you want the original or the newer teenaged one?

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Sad about all the character rights/issues. There are so many characters that would be perfect for cameos and such in movies and Agents of Shield. If they can get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, looks like they could get other characters too.

Richard Rider Nova for me, but I suppose the younger Nova would be ok too.

BCVM22

As a result of having their feet in two different corners of the Marvel Universe, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are distinctly special cases - literally, Fox has the X-Men side of them and Marvel Studios has the Avengers side of them. This is why two different versions of Quicksilver played in two time periods by two different actors in two different continuities will appear in films a year apart.

Specifically, the Marvel Studios films aren't allowed to call them mutants - they can't even use the word, regardless of context - and aren't allowed to mention their parentage.

They're a special case and do not mean that Marvel Studios has access to any other mutant characters or characters chiefly associated with the X-Men.

Ilikepiex7

Well Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch are long time avengers joining the team in the 1965 (that gives them almost 50 years of history with the avengers) while the other characters you asked about most joined in the 2005+ and were either mostly part timers members or split time between two teams.

shadowF

Namor has complicated rights so they can't use him and they can't use those X-men and spiderman despite being avengers in the past (they were lucky to get Scarlet witch and Quicksliver). Which Nova do you want the original or the newer teenaged one?

The teenage Nova! The reason for this is because although it is not said he is Hispanic in the comics it is implied and I would like there to be a Hispanic superhero on the mainstream films. That and Richard rider Nova is too much like Captain America or Hal Jordan green lantern in my opinion so a teenage one would make for a better teenage story. It is a shame that we wont see him in guardians of the galaxy two because james gunn said he does not want to bring anymore earthbased humans in the story.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think She Hulk should be the next super hero to be introduced in the movies. She's bad *** plus she can help develop Hulk some more.

Austratus

a paper man
Very happy with the premiere of S2 Agents of SHIELD last night. Lots to like and lots to look forward to!

BCVM22

I think She Hulk should be the next super hero to be introduced in the movies. She's bad *** plus she can help develop Hulk some more.

It's very unlikely they would do anything with her until the Hulk gets another solo film, and that may be quite a ways off.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well guys, Avengers Assemble is back!! Did anybody watch the season 2 premier yet??

I really loved it, the animation look better, the combat was awesome, and we even met some big marvel faces. This season is shaping up to be amazing so far ^_^!!!

phanpycross

God-king
Well guys, Avengers Assemble is back!! Did anybody watch the season 2 premier yet??

I really loved it, the animation look better, the combat was awesome, and we even met some big marvel faces. This season is shaping up to be amazing so far ^_^!!!

Yeah, I just watched it.

Not quite as good as ultimate spiderman, (the show really has been getting a lot better.) but still very enjoyable.

Seems we have a new avenger, if only for the time being.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yeah, I just watched it.

Not quite as good as ultimate spiderman, (the show really has been getting a lot better.) but still very enjoyable.

Seems we have a new avenger, if only for the time being.

I totally thought the robot might turn into Ultron but apparently they aren't related lol.