• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

phanpycross

God-king
And the event has now been cancelled. Good.
Yeah, turns out a section of Marvel comics made this a thing by themselves, and the rest of the company found out roughly when we did.

Needless to say, the whole thing has been throughæy terminated.

BCVM22

What? No. Putting aside everything else to unpack about what you just said, it's simply terrible optics right now to engage in a "partnership" with the world's fifth-largest defense contractor. Particularly when one of the company's most visible characters - and the one they used to inaugurate their extremely lucrative in-house film universe, at that - is himself a former defense contractor who stopped making weapons because he was exposed to the killings to which his technology was party. You need a pair of industrial shears to cut through irony that thick.

However well intentioned the event may have been, as a STEM endeavor or otherwise, putting it forward was a terrible look and cancelling it outright was absolutely the right call.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Make a partnership with VEX or REC if you want to do a good push for STEM, not with an arms dealer. It makes you look blind.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Nov. 1 Comics that I actually bought:

Ice man #7: Something about the dialogue and art made more cringe.
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6: Finally, Peter acts like an adult and it is a very well-written comic. Go buy this one.
Star Wars: Darth Vader #7: This is why Vader is an icon of fear. Perfect.
Power Pack #63: I like the style of the book and it made me want to see more Power Pack. Love the cameo from Reed and Sue. I want more Power Pack, so this had better sell well enough.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Nov. 1 Comics that I actually bought:

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6: Finally, Peter acts like an adult and it is a very well-written comic. Go buy this one.
Star Wars: Darth Vader #7: This is why Vader is an icon of fear. Perfect.
Power Pack #63: I like the style of the book and it made me want to see more Power Pack. Love the cameo from Reed and Sue. I want more Power Pack, so this had better sell well enough.

I just hope this means JJ is going to become a bigger character in Peter's life again. We haven't seen much of him in the past few years, outside of Silk anyways. I miss having Peter's supporting cast around. I do like how Johnny Storm's been popping up in his books again lately though.
This is definitely the more better of the two Spider-Man books though

BCVM22

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21s...o-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

This is potentially significant. If - gigantic, colossal IF - that sale goes through, it would consolidate all of 20CF's entertainment properties under Disney, which would ultimately pave the way for the Fantastic Four and the X-Men (and related characters) to be integrated into the MCU.

Don't bother fantasy casting anything just yet (or ever, but that's neither here nor there), because this would be a huge potential sale and such transactions frequently fall apart midstream. But IF if it goes through, it would be significant for Marvel Studios in Phase 4 of the MCU and beyond.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21s...o-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

This is potentially significant. If - gigantic, colossal IF - that sale goes through, it would consolidate all of 20CF's entertainment properties under Disney, which would ultimately pave the way for the Fantastic Four and the X-Men (and related characters) to be integrated into the MCU.

Don't bother fantasy casting anything just yet (or ever, but that's neither here nor there), because this would be a huge potential sale and such transactions frequently fall apart midstream. But IF if it goes through, it would be significant for Marvel Studios in Phase 4 of the MCU and beyond.

This would be amazing but it really makes you wonder about the current x men films, much like the Spiderman films, I would think Marvel might wanna reboot everything and start from scratch but there are all these movies coming and already in development/filming.

Presumably such talks could take years so it might have no effect but it really makes you think. I would love for this to happen as the Marvel universe would be one step closure to being whole and under Marvel's command for them to presumably take the franchises in a different direction because to call them depressing outside of Deadpool would be an understatement.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I watched Thor: Ragnarok. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but it was still rather enjoyable. That ending though...oh boy, I wonder what this could mean.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So it sounds like the Disney Fox deal might be back on?? Idk, I'll wait until there's some official news lol. That trailer was amazing though <3!!!

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

I gotta say, I'm loving the design for a lot of the new outfits on people like Thanos and Cap(Nomad?). But I was most surprised by Vision, I wonder what his human form is all about, probably a mental projection with the Mind stone. Either way, he looks like he'll most likely die, cuz Thanos needs the Mind stone anyways. We're still down one stone, but I guess that'll probably be the main plot of the movie, I hope they follow through with the Warlock hint from Guardians Vol.2

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I gotta say, I'm loving the design for a lot of the new outfits on people like Thanos and Cap(Nomad?). But I was most surprised by Vision, I wonder what his human form is all about, probably a mental projection with the Mind stone. Either way, he looks like he'll most likely die, cuz Thanos needs the Mind stone anyways. We're still down one stone, but I guess that'll probably be the main plot of the movie, I hope they follow through with the Warlock hint from Guardians Vol.2

I think it could possibly be to help Wanda feel more comfortable around him in a romantic sense but I could be wrong.

BCVM22

But I was most surprised by Vision, I wonder what his human form is all about, probably a mental projection with the Mind stone.

I don't think it's a projection. Age of Ultron showed he can alter his outward appearance, as he does so immediately upon being "born" to give himself a costume. Civil War showed him dressing in normal clothing and with interest in being "more" human. If he and Wanda are pursuing a relationship, altering himself to look human is the logical next step, and has precedent in the source material, where he'd take on a human appearance and use a human alias on several occasions.

I hope they follow through with the Warlock hint from Guardians Vol.2

One imagines they're saving that for Guardians Vol. 3, which I imagine will be a big part of Phase 4.

Grey Wind

We're still down one stone, but I guess that'll probably be the main plot of the movie, I hope they follow through with the Warlock hint from Guardians Vol.2
I think the Soul Stone is gonna end up in Wakanda, which is why Thanos' army is attacking there (and how T'Challa commune a with the souls of past panthers).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy ****!!!! The Disney/Fox deal went through, Marvel now has the rights to The X-MEN, Dealpool, and Fantastic Four <3!!!!!

This is so freaking cool, I never thought I would see the day lol.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Deadpool and Spiderman would be incredible to watch together.

...Marvel/Disney do have creative control over Spidey, right?

BCVM22

...Marvel/Disney do have creative control over Spidey, right?

The deal Marvel cut with Sony to "share" Spider-Man expires after the Homecoming sequel (2019), so by the time this merger actually starts producing content, not necessarily. Unless they re-up the deal or the Spidey rights change hands outright, and the latter is unlikely because Sony likes those Spider-profits.