• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I watched Ant-Man & the Wasp and without spoilers can say its was enjoyable. I laughed at most scenes but felt Louise and the other two guys are the Three Stooges of the MCU. Now that the films been released it's gonna be a long wait until Captain Marvel comes out in March 2019.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, so I had a question about Cloak from Cloak and Dagger, in the comics, does Cloak have an any sort of attacks he can do?? I know he can suck people up but does he have any sort of like projectile or even a powered attack??

BCVM22

That's not his power set. His power set is exactly what you see - Darkforce-generated intangibility and teleportation.

What is a "powered attack" and why does he need one? He's not a Pokémon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's not his power set. His power set is exactly what you see - Darkforce-generated intangibility and teleportation.

What is a "powered attack" and why does he need one? He's not a Pokémon.

I just mean like can he fight somebody like you know, manifest her dark powers into a blast if need be. On the show, so far, he literally just grabbed whatever was around him and has mostly relied on Dagger as the attacker.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Which is why they operate as a pair. She's offensive and he's defensive.

I realize that but they aren't gonna be around each other 24/7 so it would make sense if he could defend himself if need be instead of just run away which is what he's done in the show up until this point if Tandy isn't around. After all, he might be able to teleport in and save her if need be but Dagger can't do the same.

BCVM22

I realize that but they aren't gonna be around each other 24/7

Uh, no, that's the entire point of the characters, is that they are around each other 24/7.

It's "Cloak & Dagger" as opposed to "Cloak" and "Dagger" for a reason. Package deal. Two characters. Both names in the title. They're not a pair of solo acts who team up occasionally - they were conceived together as a pair of characters, they debuted that way, and they've appeared that way in 36 years of comics. Which, again, is why they have power sets that compliment each other.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Uh, no, that's the entire point of the characters, is that they are around each other 24/7.

It's "Cloak & Dagger" as opposed to "Cloak" and "Dagger" for a reason. Package deal. Two characters. Both names in the title. They're not a pair of solo acts who team up occasionally - they were conceived together as a pair of characters, they debuted that way, and they've appeared that way in 36 years of comics. Which, again, is why they have power sets that compliment each other.

Yes but the show hasn't been treating them that way, yes Tyrone teleports to Tandy but the reverse isn't the case. In fact the only time we're gonna see Tandy come to Tyrone(in a powered sense) is in these next two episodes when he teleports to Roxxon and Tandy follows him, daggers out.

In the comics, they might be together 24/7 but in the show, that isn't the case, at least right now. I guess what I'm saying is realistically if Tandy isn't around and say the detective attacks him, could he defend himself without teleporting away or grabbing a crowbar for example.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Saw Ant-Man ant the Wasp last night. I enjoyed it.

And that concludes Marvel in 2018. As we wait till 2019 begins with 3 movies. Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spider-Man: Far From Home (MYSTERIO!!)

I expect a Captain Marvel trailer by late October/early November.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Finally got to watch Ant Man and the Wasp, gotta say, it was pretty epic!! Honestly the only part I didn't really like was that they finally saved Janet only to vaporize her 5 minutes later lol.

Otherwise I really loved all the creative ways they played with the different sizes in the movie, it was a big step up from the first film. Also I gotta hand it to Evangeline Lilly, she killed it as the Wasp. I did think the blasts animation could use a little more flash though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So the trailer for Captain Marvel has finally been released. What does everyone think of it?

Got to be honest, was expecting more. Might be because the SFX-department needs more time to get things right. Also, Brie Larson looks, for a lack of a better word, soft? She also has this weird vacant expression in her eyes for at least half of her shots in this trailer and its offputting - it might all be because she's coming off a vision/flashback during these shots, but in some it clearly isn't the case. Lastly, the moment the trailer goes into the final stretch ("discover...") and it needs to pick up pace, it starts to feel really bland in terms of shots, right up until the power-reveal shot right before the title screen - aside from the smirking granny being punched in the face (which is likely a disguised Skrull).

So yeah, the trailer starts off okay, then when it should pick up it takes a dive down generic lane, gutpunches you with an assault on a geriatric lady and then lifts it up to the cool reveal on the end. What's left (and what I've seen most people talking about) is that feeling of why that granny-punch needed to be in the trailer, that's what people are talking about. Not the cool looking powers, but this new super heroine (in some cases "Marvel's reaction to Wonder Woman") punching a granny.

I don't want to call it bad, but it's definitely far from the best trailers we've seen. And it in all objectivity has nothing to do with coming off trailers like the ones we got for Ragnarok and Infinity War.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'd say the trailer is average compared to the first trailers for the other MCU films. Maybe the second one will be more interesting but it's a Marvel film so I'll see it regardless of any criticism.

Silent_Jay

It's the first trailer. First trailers are usually not that great and show a lot of unfinished material. Being a big MCU fan myself I found the trailer to be interesting enough but the real hype I am reserving for the next trailer or so.

On a side note I've recently got done watching The Runaways. Actually a lot better than I expected considering what has been heard and it's supposed target audience. Not amongst the best things within the MCU by far but definitely worth a go. Half-way through the second season of Jessica Jones and it's not keeping me as invested in it as the first which I thought was brilliant. Also have Iron Fist season 2 and Cloak & Dagger lined up for afterwards.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
There's a possibility the title for Avengers 4 could be leaked from merchandise before the official announcement. I've seen spoilers come from toys, posters, and even LEGO sets.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I actually like the trailer for Captain Marvel. Obviously I would of liked more action in it but later trailers will show that off. Plus I mean Coulson was there so I'm happy :).

Nyter

Island Challenger
It's the first trailer. First trailers are usually not that great and show a lot of unfinished material. Being a big MCU fan myself I found the trailer to be interesting enough but the real hype I am reserving for the next trailer or so.

On a side note I've recently got done watching The Runaways. Actually a lot better than I expected considering what has been heard and it's supposed target audience. Not amongst the best things within the MCU by far but definitely worth a go. Half-way through the second season of Jessica Jones and it's not keeping me as invested in it as the first which I thought was brilliant. Also have Iron Fist season 2 and Cloak & Dagger lined up for afterwards.
Iron Fist Season 2 was awesome. I think by the end of it, you will get mad as to why it was cancelled. Even Rotten Tomatoes rated Season 2 a 53% which was a huge step up from Season 1's 17%. They also cancelled Luke Cage.

My only hope is that "Heroes for Hire" and "Daughters of the Dragon" happen because if not, I am going to be mad they left things the way they did.

BCVM22

Remember that Disney is starting its own streaming service in the next year. "Cancelled" should more accurately be reported as "cancelled at Netflix" because the odds are at least even that Disney Streaming resurrects these shows for their own platform.