• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Nyter

Island Challenger
Is it me, or does do the ridges on Thanos' chin look like some sort of fleshy short beard? This applies to his comic counterpart as well
Lol I was looking up what the significance of his chin marks related to. Many believe skrulls but that was never confirmed by Marvel writers and creators. I do know is that they mainly applied it to be able to distinguish him easily, between that and his skin color, as Thanos. Well done!

So I am looking forward to Spider-Man: Far from Home. They say that movie is still part of Phase 3. I find it a great way to wrap it up. Peter Parker clearly has trauma after what happened to Tony Stark. I think we will be grieving with him.

I just saw the latest episode of "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" named "Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson" and let me tell you, what a great episode. The Jemma-Daisy chemistry is strong. They definitely established themselves as the BFFs of the group. I also have to take it back to Episode 2 "Window of Opportunity" during May's fight against Sarge and his Invaders Crew. That was awesome. Ming-Na F****n Wen delivers an action scene. I do see where all this is going though. They obviously plotted Quake to be away from the whole Invaders situation because sis woulda snapped and snatched fast! So imma let May have her moment with Coulson as Zeke will return next week.

The season finale of Cloak and Dagger is next week and I am amped. I finally got to identify who the villian of this season is from the comics. The villian is "D'Spayre" as in Despair. In the comics he is one of the Fear Lords who feeds off others fears and anguish. In the MCU, he got his powers through the power-inducing oil rig blast as he was about to commit suicide in the waters of New Orleans. Well done explaining his origin there. The final fight is coming up. As for Mayhem, they really did not utilize her character well AT ALL. All this season did was show the struggle between good Bridgid and bad one. I also have to appreciate the nod given to Luke Cage and Karen Page. They are definitely making it clear that they ARE in the MCU. The final battle should be interesting. I expect more trippy, opening-doorways to mental dimensions and hopefully a good action scene.

So now I want to recap on who is in the Avengers team currently:

Listed as Current Avenger
Bruce Banner/ The Hulk
Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlet Witch
James Rhodes/ War Machine
Sam Wilson/ The Falcon
Peter Parker/ Spider-Man
Bucky Barnes/ The Winter Soldier
Carol Danvers/ Captain Marvel

Not-Listed as Avenger
T'Challa/ Black Panther
Doctor Stephen Strange/ Dr. Strange
Scott Lang/ Ant-Man
Peter Quill/ Star-Lord
Gamora
Nebula
Rocket
Drax
Mantis
Groot
Hope Van Dyne/ The Wasp
Valkyrie
Shuri
Nakia
Okoye
Nick Fury (Technically SHIELD)
Pepper Potts
Wong

Former Avenger

Tony Stark/ Iron-Man: Deceased
Steve Rodgers/ Captain America: Retired, Senior Citizen
Natasha Romanoff/ Black Widow: Deceased
The Vision: Deceased
Clint Barton/ Hawkeye: Retired, reunited with family
Thor: Resigned, currently a Guardian of the Galaxy

I expect a New Avengers program, lead by either Captain Marvel or The Falcon/New Captain America. I definitely would love to see new additions such as Miss Marvel (representing New Jersey baby!) or some X-Men now that they are part of the MCU.

Sound off with your thoughts!

Last edited:

BCVM22

Falcon and Bucky are getting their own Disney+ show, as are the Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Captain Marvel and Black Panther sequels are a virtual lock to be announced when Marvel titles their upcoming slate of dates in July. I would not expect anything that is specifically Avengers-branded to return for a very long while.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Falcon and Bucky are getting their own Disney+ show, as are the Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Captain Marvel and Black Panther sequels are a virtual lock to be announced when Marvel titles their upcoming slate of dates in July. I would not expect anything that is specifically Avengers-branded to return for a very long while.

Also Scott Derrickson has started working on the script for Dr. Strange 2.

Nyter

Island Challenger
There's also the New Warriors show that's filmed its first episode but hasn't found a channel to air on. Since none of Disney's channels want to air it maybe it'll end up on the streaming service.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Warriors_(TV_series)

I heard about this too but a long time ago and if it is still not picked up, Disney+ should definitely house it.

Okay updates on a few shows...

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Getting much better. Anything with a fight scene involving Melinda May is A1 Steak sauce for me. Seeing Zeke return was refreshing too. I will say this, they definitely split the cast into two different story plots and I am counting they will bring them together. While Quake, Simmons, Fitz, Piper, and Davis play Space Warriors, Mack, May, Zeke, and Yo-Yo are busy being the Guardians of Earth with "Coulson" leading the opposition. And some characters do not appear in every episode (Simmons and Fitz) did not appear at all in the latest episode. So I wonder if their actors, Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker, were cut from pay as well and now that the season was shortened to 13 episodes... good thing season 7 was picked up ahead of time. I cannot wait to see Sarge "Coulson" and Quake clash.

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
This season finale was done better. It was not all over the place and D'Spayre did what he did best, play mind games with Tandy and Tyrone. The shining moment here was Tandy confronting her past "father figure". I feel like many can relate to her situation. I still find Mayhem poorly developed and I do not know what to make of Evita (wonder if she portrays any comic book character). The ending scene with Cloak and Dagger leaving on the bus... I feel something coming. I hope season 3 is picked up.

I am definitely gonna get Disney+ I love Marvel, grew up with it, so I have to continue following through my fandom.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I was FINALLY able to watch Endgame yesterday and holy **** this movie was perfection to me!! I geeked out, I cried, literally just amazing. When the portals opened and everyone came back I legit squealed and cheered in the theater. Seriously it was so good, I'm now just more sure that Marvel is gonna do the newly reacquired entities right. I can't wait to see where Marvel goes after this, seriously it's gonna be amazing :).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Speaking of the newly reacquired entities, is anyone going to see Dark Phoenix?
I'm rather interested in seeing it. It looks like it'll be good.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Speaking of the newly reacquired entities, is anyone going to see Dark Phoenix?
Heck Yes! Of all Marvel comics characters and superheroes, my #1 will always be the X-Men. I always watch every single movie in hopes that the movie will entertain me and keep me exhilarated. I don't think it will reach that level of hype as Endgame did.

I hope they do the pheonix plot good because it is a staple storyline of the X-Men

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Spider-Man Far from Home...
Amazing, spectacular, sensational, ultimate, superior!
I really hope they go with Kraven in the next one, and set up Osborn as the 'Thanos' of the Spider-Man films
Plus the only good character to come out of Captain Marvel appeared, Talos!
And the return of a classic Spider-Man character everyone loves! :D
I really can't wait to see Peter and him interact

Still hoping for an Ant-Man team up at some point! Both characters have the best supporting casts, I'd love to see Ned and Luis meet
Daredevil would be pretty nice too, once that contract's up with Netflix. But only if Matt, Foggy, and Kingpin are played by the same actors. They could meet fighting some obscure villain like Stilt-Man or Leap Frog, whose using tech provided by Tinkerer. Then they team up to fight Kingpin and some new Spider-Man villain(Hobgoblin would be my pick). And perhaps Peter can meet his newest love interest(And hopefully the one he marries... unless we get Gwen again) Felicia Hardy, Black Cat!

And I think Black Panther showing up in Kraven's movie would be cool, Kraven could fight both in the same movie! (Chameleon would need to appear as well, a side villain like Shocker and Tinkerer were)

Really I'd love seeing Peter team up with pretty much any current hero.... except Captain Marvel.

BCVM22

Announced at the Marvel Studios panel in San Diego this evening:

Films:
Black Widow - May 2020
The Eternals - Nov. 6, 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Feb. 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - Nov. 2021

- The Shang-Chi film will feature the true Mandarin, alluded to in the All Hail the King short film
- The Doctor Strange sequel will co-star Scarlet Witch and tie in closely with the WandaVision Disney+ series
- Natalie Portman will return as Jane Foster for the fourth Thor film, and wield Mjolnir as Thor, just as her comic book counterpart did. It will make all of the right people angry and it will be grand several times over.

Disney+ series:
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - Fall 2020
Loki - Spring 2021
WandaVision - Spring 2021
What If - Summer 2021
Hawkeye - Fall 2021

- Sam Wilson will in fact be Captain America in his Disney+ series
- Loki's series follows the Loki who escaped in the altered 2012, as seen in Avengers: Endgame
- Paul Bettany will return for WandaVision, which will tie in closely with the Doctor Strange sequel, and will also feature an adult Monica Rambeau, after her debut as a child in Captain Marvel
- What If is an animated series that will feature alternate versions of key MCU storylines and moments, with numerous MCU cast members reprising their roles
- Hawkeye will feature Clint Barton training Kate Bishop

Confirmed but undiscussed:
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Blade
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Captain Marvel 2
Black Panther 2

- Mahershala Ali was revealed as having been cast as Blade; it was not specified whether the project is a film or a Disney+ series
- The list of "undiscussed" projects is bonkers and would be an impressive slate on its own.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Announced at the Marvel Studios panel in San Diego this evening:

Films:
Black Widow - May 2020
The Eternals - Nov. 6, 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Feb. 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - Nov. 2021

- The Shang-Chi film will feature the true Mandarin, alluded to in the All Hail the King short film
- The Doctor Strange sequel will co-star Scarlet Witch and tie in closely with the WandaVision Disney+ series
- Natalie Portman will return as Jane Foster for the fourth Thor film, and wield Mjolnir as Thor, just as her comic book counterpart did. It will make all of the right people angry and it will be grand several times over.

Disney+ series:
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - Fall 2020
Loki - Spring 2021
WandaVision - Spring 2021
What If - Summer 2021
Hawkeye - Fall 2021

- Sam Wilson will in fact be Captain America in his Disney+ series
- Loki's series follows the Loki who escaped in the altered 2012, as seen in Avengers: Endgame
- Paul Bettany will return for WandaVision, which will tie in closely with the Doctor Strange sequel, and will also feature an adult Monica Rambeau, after her debut as a child in Captain Marvel
- What If is an animated series that will feature alternate versions of key MCU storylines and moments, with numerous MCU cast members reprising their roles
- Hawkeye will feature Clint Barton training Kate Bishop

Confirmed but undiscussed:
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Blade
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Captain Marvel 2
Black Panther 2

- Mahershala Ali was revealed as having been cast as Blade; it was not specified whether the project is a film or a Disney+ series
- The list of "undiscussed" projects is bonkers and would be an impressive slate on its own.

There's D23 to discussed those undiscussed projects. :p

So many interesting things here. I'm looking forward to the Disney+ series. Although most of them aren't coming out until 2021. I'm particularly looking forward to Wandavision. Also Dr. Strange 2 and Thor 4.

I'm surprised we're actually going to see Jane Foster!Thor on the big screen. I wonder if the they're going to make Thor Odinson unworthy again, or are they going to be Thor together. I would prefer them to be Thor together honestly.

Zoruagible

Hyped for Blade, bummed Moon Knight wasn't revealed with it though...
Also: Mandarin > Jane Thor (It's been built up since Iron Man 1 basically, shame Tony's not around for it though :/ Definitely a way to boost hype for the movie though! )
I'd be more hyped for Beta Ray Bill, considering it's his hammer Thor is rocking. Stormbreaker...
There are other Thor characters too, like Enchantress that I would like to see. They had her sister in Agents of Shield! When will we get her???

I like that Scarlet Witch is in Doctor Strange 2, was always hoping she'd be! Since this is multiverse... can we please have Quicksilver come back in a way? He was wasted! We already have alternate universe Gamora and Loki living in the MCU, why not him?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am done with MCU except some movies but as whole franchise: I am done. Infinity Saga was over but several last movies like CM and Endgame haven't been as good as other movies. Seeing SDCC, it seems it's getting worse and worse, only BP sequel seems promising, rest of it's meh.
EDIT: I thought BP sequel has been announced but it's not, my bad.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Whelp Spidey might be on the next train out of the MCU. Dang it Sony sucks, I don't care who's fault it was, Sony makes shitty Spider man movies and if it wasn't for Marvel, these past two movies would have been awful and not done as well.

Zoruagible

I am done with MCU except some movies but as whole franchise: I am done. Infinity Saga was over but several last movies like CM and Endgame haven't been as good as other movies. Seeing SDCC, it seems it's getting worse and worse, only BP sequel seems promising, rest of it's meh.
EDIT: I thought BP sequel has been announced but it's not, my bad.

I'm probably not far off now. I was losing interest until my all time favorite got in during Civil War, now that he's gone... I don't see much reasoning to stay up to date anymore. Unless Thor Odinson, Rhodes, Scott, or the Guardians are in a movie I'm probably just gonna skip it from now on. Apart from Mandarin and Blade; And the F4

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Whelp Spidey might be on the next train out of the MCU. Dang it Sony sucks, I don't care who's fault it was, Sony makes shitty Spider man movies and if it wasn't for Marvel, these past two movies would have been awful and not done as well.
Lol no. Spiderman 1, 2, into SPiderverse and TASM say hi. You're incorrect on Sony makes bad SM movies and you're incorrect that they would be awful, you don't know that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol no. Spiderman 1, 2, into SPiderverse and TASM say hi. You're incorrect on Sony makes bad SM movies and you're incorrect that they would be awful, you don't know that.

Cute how you pretend spiderman 3, and amazing spiderman 2 didn't happen lol. If Sony was making amazing spiderman movies, they would have never partnered with Marvel in the first place.

We know pretty matter of factly that Marvel took charge of these last two spiderman movies and that's why anybody gave a damn. If they were just another Sony reboot, not many would have cared and and no way it would make as much.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Cute how you pretend spiderman 3, and amazing spiderman 2 didn't happen lol. If Sony was making amazing spiderman movies, they would have never partnered with Marvel in the first place.

We know pretty matter of factly that Marvel took charge of these last two spiderman movies and that's why anybody gave a damn. If they were just another Sony reboot, not many would have cared and and no way it would make as much.
In Sony’s defense venom did pretty well despite lackluster reviews. In other news Disney/MCU is under fire anyway because Stan’s daughter is speaking out how they treated her father poorly and never even reached out to her.