• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In Sony’s defense venom did pretty well despite lackluster reviews. In other news Disney/MCU is under fire anyway because Stan’s daughter is speaking out how they treated her father poorly and never even reached out to her.

The lackluster reviews are the issue here, Sony just wants money, it's pretty clear they don't care too much about the actual movies. If and when they do make a good movie, it's most likely due to the cast/directer and not them.

Also I don't trust his daughter as far as I can throw her considering there's been reports of her being abusive to her father and mother and money hungry. It's pretty clear to me she's just a spoiled brat.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Cute how you pretend spiderman 3, and amazing spiderman 2 didn't happen lol. If Sony was making amazing spiderman movies, they would have never partnered with Marvel in the first place.

We know pretty matter of factly that Marvel took charge of these last two spiderman movies and that's why anybody gave a damn. If they were just another Sony reboot, not many would have cared and and no way it would make as much.
Let's see:
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
Into Spider-Verse
Venom(forgot that one) if we count as Spider-Man movie
are 5 good Spider-Man movies

Spider-Man 3
TASM2 are 2 movies.
5>2 so your Sony makes shitty Spider-Man movies is full of bull. Evidently they did make good Spider-man movies.
They partnered with Marvel because of money and because MCU started rising back then or is at its prime. They obviously saw that as big advantage so they could cash in checks. Once EG/FHH were over, Disney raised a deal which was a opportunity for Spidey to leave MCU.They're both in the wrong( Disney and Sony). Or maybe Sony wanted Venom/Spidey crossover and Disney said no that's why they broke up.

Lmao no. Original Spider-Man trilogy would've made way more than Homecoming and FFH. Just adjust it for inflation and you will see. TASM despite being a reboot made 700 mil which is still a win. Also, it's not a fact if Sony was about to reboot Spider-Man that it'd flop. You don't know that, just because MCU shills think they won't watch it there's still 6 billion people+ looking at possibillites. I don't think Sony will reboot it but continue with current Spiderman and probably add it to Venom.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Let's see:
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
Into Spider-Verse
Venom(forgot that one) if we count as Spider-Man movie
are 5 good Spider-Man movies

Spider-Man 3
TASM2 are 2 movies.
5>2 so your Sony makes shitty Spider-Man movies is full of bull. Evidently they did make good Spider-man movies.
They partnered with Marvel because of money and because MCU started rising back then or is at its prime. They obviously saw that as big advantage so they could cash in checks. Once EG/FHH were over, Disney raised a deal which was a opportunity for Spidey to leave MCU.They're both in the wrong( Disney and Sony). Or maybe Sony wanted Venom/Spidey crossover and Disney said no that's why they broke up.

Lmao no. Original Spider-Man trilogy would've made way more than Homecoming and FFH. Just adjust it for inflation and you will see. TASM despite being a reboot made 700 mil which is still a win. Also, it's not a fact if Sony was about to reboot Spider-Man that it'd flop. You don't know that, just because MCU shills think they won't watch it there's still 6 billion people+ looking at possibillites. I don't think Sony will reboot it but continue with current Spiderman and probably add it to Venom.

The first amazing spider man was passable at best and pretty meh, Peter and Gwen's chemistry was about the only thing they got right about any of those movies. Venom got **** on by just about everybody so it was hardly a win for anybody. Also considering into the spiderverse is an animated movie, it really doesn't have much to do with anything, especially since it shares no connections with the live action stuff.

Sony haven't been making amazing superhero movies and that's just a fact at this point. It's the same way that Fox was with the x men movies. Just because they have a success here or there, doesn't make them good superhero movie makers. Marvel has made consistently better superhero movies which is why people were excited for the Spiderman movies for the first time in a long time.

Even if they do make the last movie without Marvel's help, the chances of them establishing a successful spidermanverse which makes movies for a long time is slim to non so they'll just reboot it and the process will start over and over again until Sony gets a clue like Fox and either gives the rights back or gets brought by Disney.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Certainly took long enough for She-Hulk to get in. Moon Knight too
Kamala... we finally have another teenage hero and no Spidey. Damn that sucks

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Just saw all the awesome news about the new shows. This further proves that disney/marvel know exactly what they are doing. If Sony wants to be stubborn and annoying by trying to make some spidervers which will for sure fail and won't be anywhere near as good as what Marvel would do, let them. Just don't be surprised when people get sick of the umpteenth reboot and cash grabs and stop watching.

CMButch

The first amazing spider man was passable at best and pretty meh, Peter and Gwen's chemistry was about the only thing they got right about any of those movies. Venom got **** on by just about everybody so it was hardly a win for anybody. Also considering into the spiderverse is an animated movie, it really doesn't have much to do with anything, especially since it shares no connections with the live action stuff.

Sony haven't been making amazing superhero movies and that's just a fact at this point. It's the same way that Fox was with the x men movies. Just because they have a success here or there, doesn't make them good superhero movie makers. Marvel has made consistently better superhero movies which is why people were excited for the Spiderman movies for the first time in a long time.

Even if they do make the last movie without Marvel's help, the chances of them establishing a successful spidermanverse which makes movies for a long time is slim to non so they'll just reboot it and the process will start over and over again until Sony gets a clue like Fox and either gives the rights back or gets brought by Disney.
TASM is good, if it wasn't it wouldn't got over 700 m in BO.Also, it got 70% on RT( both critics and fans) which is not passable but good. Passable is like 60%.
Venom, lmao. Venom got 80% on RT from fans and got around 800 m on BO. If it's bad as you say it is, why get high numbers?
Well, you said Sony makes shi*ty SM movies so I counted that too. You didn't specify LA or Animation.

If we go by your logic of Sony and Fox not making amazing super hero movies, then neither is MCU. Sure they're making ok,bad, good or great movies but not amazing. But fact is all 3 companies did make amazing movies. Just because you're MCU stan doesn't mean MCU makes all amazing movies while other DC, Fox and Sony are bad at them. Open your eyes. MCU stans are truly the worst. Fact is not all MCU movies are amazing nor great. I am MCU fan but I am only speaking without bias.

Chances are still 50/50, they could put Spiderman in Venom or something or continue where they left of( FFH).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
TASM is good, if it wasn't it wouldn't got over 700 m in BO.Also, it got 70% on RT( both critics and fans) which is not passable but good. Passable is like 60%.
Venom, lmao. Venom got 80% on RT from fans and got around 800 m on BO. If it's bad as you say it is, why get high numbers?
Well, you said Sony makes shi*ty SM movies so I counted that too. You didn't specify LA or Animation.

If we go by your logic of Sony and Fox not making amazing super hero movies, then neither is MCU. Sure they're making ok,bad, good or great movies but not amazing. But fact is all 3 companies did make amazing movies. Just because you're MCU stan doesn't mean MCU makes all amazing movies while other DC, Fox and Sony are bad at them. Open your eyes. MCU stans are truly the worst. Fact is not all MCU movies are amazing nor great. I am MCU fan but I am only speaking without bias.

Chances are still 50/50, they could put Spiderman in Venom or something or continue where they left of( FFH).

A movie making money in the box office doesn't make it a good movie lol. Reception does. 70 and 60% are passable, 80% and above is good. And Venom was a critical flop, good movies are movies where the critics and audiences both loved it.

Any superhero movie by virtue of being a superhero film is gonna do decent at the box offices. Even Suicide squad which was awful made bank.

I never said the mcu made all amazing movies, they've just made a lot more consistantly good movies. Thor the dark world and guardians two were meh for instance.

DC has made two really good ones in wonder woman and aquaman and a lot of meh ones too. As has Sony and Fox. I'm sorry but you can't argue that Marvel hasn't had a much better track record then these other studios, it's just a fact.

CMButch

A movie making money in the box office doesn't make it a good movie lol. Reception does. 70 and 60% are passable, 80% and above is good. And Venom was a critical flop, good movies are movies where the critics and audiences both loved it.

Any superhero movie by virtue of being a superhero film is gonna do decent at the box offices. Even Suicide squad which was awful made bank.

I never said the mcu made all amazing movies, they've just made a lot more consistantly good movies. Thor the dark world and guardians two were meh for instance.

DC has made two really good ones in wonder woman and aquaman and a lot of meh ones too. As has Sony and Fox. I'm sorry but you can't argue that Marvel hasn't had a much better track record then these other studios, it's just a fact.
1. I agree that making money in BO doesn't mean movie is great. Look at Endgame and Avatar; nowhere near close the best movies of all time, but that doesn't mean they're bad. They made money from a reason. So, if movie makes money it has to be on positive side.
2.70% is definitely not passable but good. 60% is passable. So based on your logic Aladdin 2019 and TLK are flop despite 80+ audience loves it? Lmao. You obviously don't understand. Those superhero movies except TDK are spectacles. They're not masterpieces and it's a fact. If you think MCU movies( because you're MCU shill) are masterpieces you're factually wrong. They're spectacles. Spectacles don't matter when it comes to critics; fact. Based on your logic Ghostbusters 2016 was good(70% from critics)? Lmao. It's bad. Why don't spectacles matter? Because these movies are made for specific group of people; fans unlike movies like Taxi Driver which is aimed at everyone. That's why to superhero movies except TDK and I'd say Logan; critics don't matter.

3.Let's see: Suicide Squad has low 60% on RT is mediocre, so no: SS is not awful, it's mediocre.

4.They did and it's a fact, but we're talking about how you think Sony and others don't make amazing/good SH movies, which I proved you wrong. GOTG? Lol no( GOTG was loved): Ant-Man 1 and 2 were ok/meh. CM was awful, Iron man 3 is not loved. AoU is also not loved.Dark World has been meh. 70-80% MCU has been loved, while 20-30% were meh/bad.I never said MCU is not making good/amazing movies, just your presentation and fanboysm is what is awful.

5.HAHHAHAHAHHAH lol. DC has made: Superman 1978, Batman 1989, TDK trilogy, Wonder Woman that are amazing and TDK is considered the best superhero movie.Some are good ok and they have meh movies. That's a fact. Good ones are Aquaman, Shazam, MoS, probably more old ones. MCU is better yes, that's a fact. But point is not MCU vs them point is you saying MCU only makes amazing movies and others don't, while I debunked you that Sony,DC and Fox have made amazing movies. Fox: Deadpool, Logan and probably one of X men.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
1. I agree that making money in BO doesn't mean movie is great. Look at Endgame and Avatar; nowhere near close the best movies of all time, but that doesn't mean they're bad. They made money from a reason. So, if movie makes money it has to be on positive side.
2.70% is definitely not passable but good. 60% is passable. So based on your logic Aladdin 2019 and TLK are flop despite 80+ audience loves it? Lmao. You obviously don't understand. Those superhero movies except TDK are spectacles. They're not masterpieces and it's a fact. If you think MCU movies( because you're MCU shill) are masterpieces you're factually wrong. They're spectacles. Spectacles don't matter when it comes to critics; fact. Based on your logic Ghostbusters 2016 was good(70% from critics)? Lmao. It's bad. Why don't spectacles matter? Because these movies are made for specific group of people; fans unlike movies like Taxi Driver which is aimed at everyone. That's why to superhero movies except TDK and I'd say Logan; critics don't matter.

3.Let's see: Suicide Squad has low 60% on RT is mediocre, so no: SS is not awful, it's mediocre.

4.They did and it's a fact, but we're talking about how you think Sony and others don't make amazing/good SH movies, which I proved you wrong. GOTG? Lol no( GOTG was loved): Ant-Man 1 and 2 were ok/meh. CM was awful, Iron man 3 is not loved. AoU is also not loved.Dark World has been meh. 70-80% MCU has been loved, while 20-30% were meh/bad.I never said MCU is not making good/amazing movies, just your presentation and fanboysm is what is awful.

5.HAHHAHAHAHHAH lol. DC has made: Superman 1978, Batman 1989, TDK trilogy, Wonder Woman that are amazing and TDK is considered the best superhero movie.Some are good ok and they have meh movies. That's a fact. Good ones are Aquaman, Shazam, MoS, probably more old ones. MCU is better yes, that's a fact. But point is not MCU vs them point is you saying MCU only makes amazing movies and others don't, while I debunked you that Sony,DC and Fox have made amazing movies. Fox: Deadpool, Logan and probably one of X men.

First of all, I would appreciate if you would stop calling me an MCU fanboy like I have no logic, literally it's insulting and not helping you prove you point at all.

Bro it's like school where getting a D or C (60-79%) is just considered ok, no ones ever been like omg I'm amazing I got a C. I actually liked Aladdin and the lion king but they weren't acclaimed, even if they did make money. I also really loved the Ghost Busters movie as well and we all know that flopped because a bunch of man hating babies hate anything to do with girls that isn't sexual.

I NEVER said they haven't made amazing movies, I simply said Marvel has way more amazing movies under their belts. I loved Spiderman 2 and Deadpool, that doesn't erase the bad ones they made though.

I said GOTG 2 which was just ok, Captain Marvel was great to me, I agree on Iron Man 3. Regardless though I never stated that everything Marvel does is amazing which is what a fanboy is.

I was talking about recent movies from around the time the MCU has started. The other studios like DC and Sony/Fox have had spotty track records, it's just the reality.

CMButch

First of all, I would appreciate if you would stop calling me an MCU fanboy like I have no logic, literally it's insulting and not helping you prove you point at all.

Bro it's like school where getting a D or C (60-79%) is just considered ok, no ones ever been like omg I'm amazing I got a C. I actually liked Aladdin and the lion king but they weren't acclaimed, even if they did make money. I also really loved the Ghost Busters movie as well and we all know that flopped because a bunch of man hating babies hate anything to do with girls that isn't sexual.

I NEVER said they haven't made amazing movies, I simply said Marvel has way more amazing movies under their belts. I loved Spiderman 2 and Deadpool, that doesn't erase the bad ones they made though.

I said GOTG 2 which was just ok, Captain Marvel was great to me, I agree on Iron Man 3. Regardless though I never stated that everything Marvel does is amazing which is what a fanboy is.

I was talking about recent movies from around the time the MCU has started. The other studios like DC and Sony/Fox have had spotty track records, it's just the reality.

1. I wouldn't call you fanboy if you didn't say that a) Sony can't make amazing Spider-Man movies. b) that only amazing DC movies are Aquaman and Wonder Woman c) that these studios including Fox can't make amazing superhero movies.
2.Weak/bad comparison. You're comparing school system and movie ratings? HAHAHHAHAH. This is what is correct: low 60-65= mediocre/meh , 66-70= ok, 71-79 good. 80-85: great 86-94: amazing.95-100 perfection.
3.You liked Aladdin despite it has 57 on RT from critics yet you said on other thread that TASM has 70% from critics yet it's meh/mediocre. Hhahahah.That's why I called you a fanboy and will call you fanboy and yes your logic is bad. You like Ghostbusters 2016? I feel bad and sorry for you.

I NEVER said they haven't made amazing movies...
you yesterday: "Sony makes shitty Spider man movies"
HAHAHHAHAH. This is so fun.

Bad ones they did like two so far? Again 5 > 2.
CM is great? Nope. It's bad movie. If we talk about recent DCEU movies then MOS, Shazam, Aquaman and WW have been on positive light.All 4 of them have positive RT audience reviews. For recent Fox we have Logan, DP and DP2.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
1. I wouldn't call you fanboy if you didn't say that a) Sony can't make amazing Spider-Man movies. b) that only amazing DC movies are Aquaman and Wonder Woman c) that these studios including Fox can't make amazing superhero movies.
2.Weak/bad comparison. You're comparing school system and movie ratings? HAHAHHAHAH. This is what is correct: low 60-65= mediocre/meh , 66-70= ok, 71-79 good. 80-85: great 86-94: amazing.95-100 perfection.
3.You liked Aladdin despite it has 57 on RT from critics yet you said on other thread that TASM has 70% from critics yet it's meh/mediocre. Hhahahah.That's why I called you a fanboy and will call you fanboy and yes your logic is bad. You like Ghostbusters 2016? I feel bad and sorry for you.

I NEVER said they haven't made amazing movies...
you yesterday: "Sony makes shitty Spider man movies"
HAHAHHAHAH. This is so fun.

Bad ones they did like two so far? Again 5 > 2.
CM is great? Nope. It's bad movie. If we talk about recent DCEU movies then MOS, Shazam, Aquaman and WW have been on positive light.All 4 of them have positive RT audience reviews. For recent Fox we have Logan, DP and DP2.

Ya and I'm gonna stop taking you seriously now too because you seem to think your opinions are any more valid then mine, if you wanna have a discussion that is fine but the sarcastic and downright rude tone of your posts tell me that you're just looking to troll somebody and I'm not here for it.

CMButch

Ya and I'm gonna stop taking you seriously now too because you seem to think your opinions are any more valid then mine, if you wanna have a discussion that is fine but the sarcastic and downright rude tone of your posts tell me that you're just looking to troll somebody and I'm not here for it.
In other words; this guy is debunking me left and right so I am gonna use 'excuse' card. You didn't show any opinion in what started this argument, you outright claimed that Sony is making "shitty" Spider-Man movies. That didn't sound like an opinion, that sounded like you're claiming it to be a truth because Spider-Man split from MCU( from a rage).Look, I am sad too, but I won't push a statement to be a fact because it's not true. I am having a discussion; pretty normal one. Just I can't withstand your MCU fanboyism and some of your lying statements which I had to call you out on, like saying "I never said they didn't make amazing movies" and literally yesterday you said: "Sony makes shitty SM movies". This sounds like ALL SONY'S SM MOVIES ARE BAD, which is incorrect.

I am just being practical. You had some good opinions like MCU is better than them, yes that's a fact I'd say but I laughed and called out on things that are biased or lies or dumb like comparing school system with movie rating , saying Sony makes bad SM movies, saying DC has only 2 good movies etc. Rest of it is discussion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In other words; this guy is debunking me left and right so I am gonna use 'excuse' card. You didn't show any opinion in what started this argument, you outright claimed that Sony is making "shitty" Spider-Man movies. That didn't sound like an opinion, that sounded like you're claiming it to be a truth because Spider-Man split from MCU( from a rage).Look, I am sad too, but I won't push a statement to be a fact because it's not true. I am having a discussion; pretty normal one. Just I can't withstand your MCU fanboyism and some of your lying statements which I had to call you out on, like saying "I never said they didn't make amazing movies" and literally yesterday you said: "Sony makes shitty SM movies". This sounds like ALL SONY'S SM MOVIES ARE BAD, which is incorrect.

I am just being practical. You had some good opinions like MCU is better than them, yes that's a fact I'd say but I laughed and called out on things that are biased or lies or dumb like comparing school system with movie rating , saying Sony makes bad SM movies, saying DC has only 2 good movies etc. Rest of it is discussion.

No, my words were right from the start, you are being rude and condescending and taking things like some personal attack. I never said one negative thing about you and you've done nothing but call me a fanboy in more then one way and outright mock my points with laughter.

First of all, I never said SONY MAKES GOD AWFUL SPIDERMAN MOVIES AND THIS IS A CONFIRMED FACT THAT CANT BE ARGUED. That is a fact. I said they make shitty Spiderman moves because the last few live action ones without Marvel have been bad or average at best, this is my opinion and you're welcome to hold your own.

You sit here and act like your points are facts as well like mocking me for liking Ghost Busters and Captain Marvel and acting like your claim of them being bad are facts so you are just as bad as me. This whole thread is about opinions as none of us are movie critics or marvel execs.

I'm sorry but percents are the same regardless of what avenue they are used in. A 50% score is bad regardless of if it's movies, school etc etc.

Sony has made bad spiderman movies, and I have only really liked two of DC's recent movies, sorry but that's my opinion and if you don't like it, you are more then welcome to ignore it.

CMButch

No, my words were right from the start, you are being rude and condescending and taking things like some personal attack. I never said one negative thing about you and you've done nothing but call me a fanboy in more then one way and outright mock my points with laughter.

First of all, I never said SONY MAKES GOD AWFUL SPIDERMAN MOVIES AND THIS IS A CONFIRMED FACT THAT CANT BE ARGUED. That is a fact. I said they make shitty Spiderman moves because the last few live action ones without Marvel have been bad or average at best, this is my opinion and you're welcome to hold your own.

You sit here and act like your points are facts as well like mocking me for liking Ghost Busters and Captain Marvel and acting like your claim of them being bad are facts so you are just as bad as me. This whole thread is about opinions as none of us are movie critics or marvel execs.

I'm sorry but percents are the same regardless of what avenue they are used in. A 50% score is bad regardless of if it's movies, school etc etc.

Sony has made bad spiderman movies, and I have only really liked two of DC's recent movies, sorry but that's my opinion and if you don't like it, you are more then welcome to ignore it.

1. I already said about fanboy stuff, won't repeat myself.
2.Yes you did like 2 days ago when we started arguing, that's what started this whole debate and I was triggered because how untrue it was. You didn't say it like that but it sounded as a fact. If you worded that differently, it'd be little different debate. Last few like TASM 2 and Spiderman 3 is right, TASM is not right... oh yeah and I laughed and mocked you because you think 70+% on RT is bad but you like Ghostbusters 2016 and because you LIKED ALADDIN AND THINK IT'S GREAT DESPITE HAS 56% ON RT BUT SOMEHOW TASM HAS 70+% ON RT AND IT'S BAD( ALL CRITIC WISE). Anyone would call you Disney shill.

3.Actually no I said CM and Ghostbusters 2016 are bad because public say so and I agree with that. Like I said TASM 2 and Spiderman 3 suck because they're universally not liked. You can check audience score for all 4 of them and you will see that those 4 are awful movies. I liked TASM2 and Spiderman 3 kinda but doesn't change the fact that they're universally disliked which I can see why.

4.50% on RT is bad yes, but 70% is not passable. But if we go by that Aladdin is bad? This proves that when it comes to these movies that are not artistic, audience score is what matters and not critics, that's a fact. You know where critic score matters? To Godfather, Citizen Kane, Shawshank Redemption, LOTR aka artistic movies, to entertainment movies like Disney remakes, MCU,DC etc audience score matter. BTW Artistic movies are objectively better than entertainment ones.

5.They have made 2 bad Spider-Man movies, yes, but as you claimed or still claim that they make all SM movies bad is not a fact. Sure you like it or not, but I am talking about RT audience score for those movies and that Shazam has like 80-90% on RT which is good and it's not bad.

BTW; also this is a fact: artistic movies like LOTR, Godfather ,Shawshank Redemption cannot be bad, if you're against this, let's debate.Even if you say they're bad and that's your opinion, you're factually wrong.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Anyway...Moon Knight cuts people's faces off.

Is that MCU-appropriate?

Also...

Doctor Doom, Dark Phoenix, Magneto, Galactus/Tyrant, Set(I think Disney got the Conan movie rights in the Fox Deal) or Mephisto...who should be the next MCU biggestbad?

And...

PLEASE REVIVE LUNATIK! If DC is reinvesting in Lobo, his Marvel equivalent needs to return...his bull***t excuse for a death at "reborn" Drax's hands needs undoing!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm curious to see what the new disney plus marvel projects are gonna look like, I need some more info or footage of something already.

Nyter

Island Challenger
All I know is, the final season of Agents of SHIELD is almost premiering and I heard it is only 6 episodes long. Like WTF? That is already a weak way to go out. The content better be epic AF. I know time-travel is involved and Coulson is like on his 84735629346 life. The dude will just NOT die, as he shouldn't!

2020 will be redeemed when WandaVision and Falcon and The Winter Soldier premieres.