• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

BCVM22

All I know is, the final season of Agents of SHIELD is almost premiering and I heard it is only 6 episodes long. Like WTF?

It's 13 episodes.

and Coulson is like on his 84735629346 life. The dude will just NOT die, as he shouldn't!

The real one is dead. Very dead. Has been for multiple seasons now. The season 6 finale explained the origins of the "Coulson" appearing in season 7.

Nyter

Island Challenger
It's 13 episodes.

Phew! Thanks for debunking the rumors. I need to savor the moment that is one of the best MCU shows to ever grace us. I miss the 20+ episode per season formats. I especially am fond of how Seasons 4 and 5 were handled, breaking them into 3 parts for each break taken in between.

The real one is dead. Very dead. Has been for multiple seasons now. The season 6 finale explained the origins of the "Coulson" appearing in season 7.
Well again, the character "Coulson" has died plenty of times. If by the "real" Coulson you mean the human one, then yes I am aware he died post season 5 and pre-season 6. Although killed in "The Avengers", he was brought back to life pre-season one under Director Fury's orders.

So my question is, although he is now an LMD, is "Coulson" really dead? Does a person's biological make up make them who they are, or do their memories and emotions develop who is "Coulson"?

I like the idea of keeping Coulson alive. And although enhanced as well as hindered by his new LMD traits, I feel that Coulson will be the key to saving S.H.I.E.L.D. and the reason why FitzSimmons help make this happen.

BCVM22

Phew! Thanks for debunking the rumors.

Episode count is a standard part of the available public information for any given show. I don't know how that becomes a rumor in the first place.

So my question is, although he is now an LMD, is "Coulson" really dead? Does a person's biological make up make them who they are, or do their memories and emotions develop who is "Coulson"?

Let us tune in to episodes 4-13 of the final season as the characters grapple with this existential question!

Last edited:

BCVM22

No. And I suspect that if they do, it may well not be significant. The various different settings of this season aside, they seem to have realized that if they are going to be so low on the totem pole as to not have full access to the MCU, they might as well not go out of their way to try and intersect.

And I don't necessarily disagree - indeed, Marvel Television is no longer a division because that approach wasn't doing the shows any favors, and because it's far easier (and perhaps better?) to keep everything under the Marvel Studios umbrella, as they're doing now.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Well originally I would say no, it will not be addressed as they have usually made references to MCU movies on the episodes right after the premieres of those movies (like when Quake was asked about New York when Thanos and the Black Order arrived on earth or Graviton stated he needed to stop Thanos right after "Avengers: Infinity War" was released in theaters) but seeing how this season's "gimmick" is going on of the team time traveling from the past and onward in time (last episode they were in 1982). If they do have episodes further on in the season where they get to the late 2010s, it is possible the snap will be addressed. I think this season has made a lot of references to the main MCU movies such as the Super Serum, Bruce Banner, etc.

Although the beginning of the season did start off gimmicky in a sense, I really love how moving forward, elements of the past seasons have made it into the show intricately and not cluttered in. I saw the trailer for next week's episode and I saw that Daisy's mother, Jiaying, will be making an appearance. Agents of SHIELD definitely knows how to peak my interest as their seasons go on.

Character rundown:
Coulson - I hope there is a bigger picture to what "Coulson" has gone through. Otherwise it almost feels like the writers don't know what else to do with him (which I highly doubt at the writers KNOW what they do and they do it well)

May - I really find her empathy attribute to be given to her as a Chronicom detector, which could be an easy copout to certain situations BUT perfect that it was given to her, as she is the most stern of all characters. I hope her own emotions resurface soon though. She deserves to be whole again.

Mack - I liked seeing more into his past regarding his parents. I also hope they touch up on his daughter. Mack carries the most loss of family that was dear to him.

Simmons - It isn't like her to do things behind others backs so I hope everything she is doing is justified by a higher and grave reason. The reason she says she wants it all to be a secret has been the same reasons time before (or time to come..?) yet she has done so without lying. I hope the ends justify the means. Which leads me to...

Fitzgerald- dude, just get back bro. I miss you. They do this to you almost every season bud.

Deke - I like this guy. Definitely find him fresh and a little bit of a court jester, but yet necessary. I think more on his bloodlines with Fitzsimmons should be addressed however.

Yo-Yo - I love her character but sometimes I do not see her utilized deeply in the show. I do like that they sort of jammed her up thos season and hopefully they add depth to her. Next episode looks like it may do so and everything I just said about her will be in vain.

Daisy - This girl... They always weaken her up or put her somewhere aside until the final fight in a Season. I hope to see her tally up some Chronicom heads. I predict a Malick vs Quake rumble. I like her chemistry with Sousa. Hope it leads to something.

Enoch - Love this dude. I like how he is further valuing friendship. He makes for a great entity on the show.

Getting anxious to see how the final mission will unravel...

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
This is sad.

Apparently he had cancer since 2016. He filmed Black Panther while going through treatment.

2020 sucks.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
RIP Chadwick Boseman
Yeah. I thought that there would be a sequel to Black Panther but since Chadwick sadly died, there won’t be because no one could be a better Black Panther than him. I was actually predicting that he would be in the next Avengers movie since Black Panther was a massive success at the box office which is rare nowadays for a non-Avengers movie in the MCU to even get in the past decade.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
RIP Chadwick Boseman

Black Panther was one of the best Marvel movies

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally I think it'd be disrespectful to make a sequel by recasting him. Chadwick Boseman brought lots of personality and charisma to the character and I doubt it could be replicated.

BCVM22

I cannot imagine they recast. They'll elevate somebody from the supporting cast to the title role, whether that's Shuri, M'baku, or even resurrect and rehabilitate Killmonger, which I think would make for a fascinating movie. Michael B. Jordan would give an all-time performance in that role, I think.

Luthor

I cannot imagine they recast. They'll elevate somebody from the supporting cast to the title role, whether that's Shuri, M'baku, or even resurrect and rehabilitate Killmonger, which I think would make for a fascinating movie. Michael B. Jordan would give an all-time performance in that role, I think.

Yeah I agree. Shuri seems the easiest as they wouldn't have to come up with a way to bring her back and she's already part of the royal family. But Kilmonger is an interesting idea.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther is one of those cases where the actor portraying the character is so perfect and iconic that recasting them in a sequel with someone else won’t work that well. Robert Downey Jr will always be Tony Stark/Iron Man. Arnold Schwarzenegger will always be the original Terminator. Sylvester Stallone is Rocky and Rambo. And Angela Lansbury will always be Jessica Fletcher. You can create a character that inherits the Black Panther title but it won’t be the same as superhero movies are very much like comics where shifting a super hero or side kick name onto another person may or may not work out so well. We’ve got five Robins with two being extremely popular, one that wasn’t so popular until after he was resurrected from the grave and assumed a new name, and two that were in the middle where they weren’t exactly hated but no one really loved them as much as Dick Grayson or Damien Wayne. Even Superman suffered in movies after Christopher Reed couldn’t make any more movies that were physically active after his accident and most of the newer Superman movies suffer from either poor script writing or an actor that wasn’t the best choice for the hero.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther is one of those cases where the actor portraying the character is so perfect and iconic that recasting them in a sequel with someone else won’t work that well. Robert Downey Jr will always be Tony Stark/Iron Man. Arnold Schwarzenegger will always be the original Terminator. Sylvester Stallone is Rocky and Rambo. And Angela Lansbury will always be Jessica Fletcher. You can create a character that inherits the Black Panther title but it won’t be the same as superhero movies are very much like comics where shifting a super hero or side kick name onto another person may or may not work out so well. We’ve got five Robins with two being extremely popular, one that wasn’t so popular until after he was resurrected from the grave and assumed a new name, and two that were in the middle where they weren’t exactly hated but no one really loved them as much as Dick Grayson or Damien Wayne. Even Superman suffered in movies after Christopher Reed couldn’t make any more movies that were physically active after his accident and most of the newer Superman movies suffer from either poor script writing or an actor that wasn’t the best choice for the hero.
I completely agree with you in that it is a high risk of having someone else portray a character that we already envision an icon doing so. Although Batman and Spider-Man (with every new character and universe reboot) keeps losing its live action character credibility. I mean ANOTHER Batman played by Robert Pattinson?

But imo, I would see Shuri more fitting to take up the Black Panther title. It is actually an occurrence in the comics that Shuri takes in the Black Panther persona. I find this to be the safest course of action, as I know MCU development would pay respects to Chadwick Boseman and still take the WOW factors of Black Panther and adapt it in its sequel. I do feel that Kevin Feige would go the best route without offending anyone and still drawing us in as Black Panther has. I also think people will be curious to see what will come out of this due to Chadwick Boseman's passing, just like audiences did with the Fast and the Furious: Furious 7 after Paul Walker passed away. I liked the tribute they did on 20/20 to Chadwick Boseman as well as aired the national television broadcast premiere of Black Panther in honor of him.

Now as for things to come and gone...

I think the finale of Agents of SHIELD was both satisfying and underwhelming all together. I did not feel that sense of doom as many series finales would impose. Sibyl could have been handled better as a villian. I don't get how Kora was able to use her power to project May's empathy onto those chronicoms. A lot of the episode felt like the writers pulled things out of their a$$ to try and resolve and tie up the season's loose ends. The ending, however, of how these Agents end up after a year is pretty dope. I love how each one maintained their own peaceful yet action lifestyle. The part that made my heart drop of joy was the revelation of Alya... it all made sense now as to why Simmons had to forget in order to overcome. My one wish, would have been that in all that time traveling, they would have changed the events, somehow, in which Coulson was set to die so that he would still be alive as a human. It would have been a perfect opportunity to so. Maybe then we could have gotten the "Mayson" ship we deserve.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier has resumed production. I am sure they are now in a tight schedule.

I saw the new trailer for WandaVision. It is definitely going to be some sort of a mindf**k series. I just hope they do not make it TOO trippy like Fox did with Legion. That one was too hard to follow for me. I heard Agatha Harkness will now be in ththe MCU. I saw the cast list for the series and saw that Darcy Lewis will make an apperance as well as Dr. Strange. The MCU rarely disappoints.

Canadian Actress, Tatiana Maslany, has been cast as lead role for the Disney+ series, She-Hulk... thus she will portray She-Hulk.

Casting is almost complete for Ms. Marvel series (this one I am very excited about).

As for Black Widow, I wonder if it will be somewhat of a success in the Box Office. The way Disney + handled Mulan, they definitely did not make as much of a return. I read that Mulan bombed in the Chinese Market..

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well live action Mulan was despised by Chinese audiences because of how little it has to its original source material and the fact that several things in the movie doesn’t even represent Chinese culture and everyone working on the movie minus the actors were white and didn’t research Chinese culture and traditions or even portray it accurately. There is a video on YouTube where a woman with Chinese heritage criticizes the movie and gives info how it should have been done.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Disney has officially delayed Black Widow till 2021 due to the pandemic.

Yeah, I figured... Kevin Feige is not gonna risk it the way it was risked with Mulan. With theaters not opening up to full capacity, the amount of sales in a given time will not give "Black Widow" the return profit it deserves.

Now we have to wonder how this affects all the other movies in the timeline. Although this movie seems to be like a standalone movie that prequels certain events of other MCU movies, I do believe there is content that pertains to the present timeline in the MCU (events after Avengers: Endgame & Spider-Man: Far From Home).

At least it will not affect the Disney+ MCU Series. I am waiting on those eagerly.