• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Yeah, I figured... Kevin Feige is not gonna risk it the way it was risked with Mulan. With theaters not opening up to full capacity, the amount of sales in a given time will not give "Black Widow" the return profit it deserves.

Now we have to wonder how this affects all the other movies in the timeline. Although this movie seems to be like a standalone movie that prequels certain events of other MCU movies, I do believe there is content that pertains to the present timeline in the MCU (events after Avengers: Endgame & Spider-Man: Far From Home).

At least it will not affect the Disney+ MCU Series. I am waiting on those eagerly.

Continuity wise Black Widow will be right after Civil War when she goes on the run.

Avengers Endgame takes place in 2023 so in terms of the real world all these delays could give the real world time to catch up.

BCVM22

As an interquel, I don't think Black Widow continuously being delayed will have any negative effects on the ongoing MCU. We know how her story ends, well after this film concludes. One might suggest that for as long as the release schedule keeps getting shifted back entirely, Black Widow is the perfect film to restart with because it is an interquel taking place in the past, and doesn't have current events that the other films need to reference.

And even if other MCU films were waiting on Black Widow to release and become integrated into the canon, the other films will just keep getting pushed back too. We're not going to see any other MCU films release until Black Widow restarts the release schedule. The Eternals is the only other film nearing any kind of completion - everything else is still in production (as much as can be) or pre-production.

This happens in comic books fairly frequently - Book B needs Book A to release in order for the story to make sense, but Book A is besieged by delays and the publisher has to sort it all out somehow. Movies, obviously, are a very different animal.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Huge updates!

Okay so the rumors are true and footage shots have been taken. Hailee Steinfeld will be playing Kate Bishop on the new "Hawkeye" series for Disney +. Another character from the comics feature is Lucky (Pizza Dog). Jeremy Renner has also been seen reprising his role as Clint Barton.

The official date for "WandaVision" release is January 15th and I CANNOT WAIT. I feel like this will be one of the golden era of Disney + prime entertainment (let's be real, "The Mandalorian" is currently Disney + only exclusive golden child). This is the content we were waiting on to make Disney + feel that it is worth way more than what we pay.

"The Eternals" will be release on November 5th of 2021. I know very little of these characters from any Marvel Comics or animated series'. This will be a movie I won't know what to compare with and so any education I can get slapped with, I would appreciate.

"Black Widow" will be out May 7th of 2021. This is another one I have been eager to see. I really think they will show a clip of what happens to Natasha Romanoff AFTER ENDGAME. I have an idea of what it could be and how it ties in with this movie.

Another one I have little knowledge of from the comics is Shang-Chi with "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings." That one still seems to be released in July of 2021.

I also know they cast Tatiana Maslany for "She-Hulk", the last Disney + series to be featured in phase four.

With this said, I doubt very much the X-Men or "mutants" in general will be featured in any of the phase four content.

BUT the most exciting and recent news is this one:

Many of the past non-MCU Spider-Man film characters will be reprising their roles for the 3rd MCU Spider-Man movie. It is highly possible a Spider-Verse-esque live action movie will bloom from all this, and I am here for it.

Apparently Jamie Foxx and Molina are reprising their Electro and Doctor Octopus roles. Andrew Garfield is a done deal and Tobey McGuire is in the talks for the reprising of their Peter Parker roles. Kirsten Dunst will be reprising her Mary-Jane role, and Emma Stone is in talks to reprise her Gwen Stacy role but her current pregnancy may be a strong factor as to her not being a part of it. Benedict Cumberbatch will be in it as his reprised Dr. Strange role. Zendaya, Marissa Tomei, Jacob Batalon, and Tony Revolori will be returning too!

I am ready for this MCU bounce-back. I need to look further to quarantining some more.

Sound off!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
personally i liked how Infinity wars ended. its was nice and clean. they dont make enough movies where the bad guy wins...
as far as the spider verso goes, im not a fan of the current actor but i do like the Venom movie and hope they let carnage in.

Litleonid

Thread that confirms this information:
TONS of MCU news just dropped.

First off, we have release dates/windows for of the Disney+ series. Falcon and The Winter Soldier will release on March 19th, 2021. Loki is confirmed to be releasing May 2021, then Ms. Marvel will release in late 2021.

Next, She Hulk will include the return of The Abomination, and its confirmed that Mark Ruffalo will be in the series.

The first big new reveal I have is that a Secret Invasion series will happen on Disney+, starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos.

The next big reveal is that Riri Williams will get her own series and she will be played by Dominique Thorne. The Ironheart series will debut on Disney+

We have a 3rd new series, this time starring War Machine in Armor Wars. Don Cheadle will reprise his role as James Rhodes, and the basic premise for the story is all about what happens when technology gets into the wrong hands?

Unexpected, but James Gunn will direct a holiday special for the Guardians of The Galaxy, and Baby Groot will be getting a series of little shorts.

We also have an update for Thor: Love and Thunder. Christian Bale will play the villain, Gorr the God Butcher.

We also have an Antman 3 update. The full title is Antman & The Wasp: Quantumania, and its confirmed that Jonathan Majors is indeed joining as Kang the Conqueror and Kathryn Newton will replace Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie Lang.

Also an update for Black Panther 2. T'Challa will not be recasted as a way to honor Chadwick Boseman's legacy.

And the last big reveal we got. We are getting a Fantastic 4 movie and its confirmed that Jon Watts will direct the movie. Jon Watts has previously directed Spiderman Homecoming and Spiderman Far From Home.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Thread that confirms this information:
TONS of MCU news just dropped.

First off, we have release dates/windows for of the Disney+ series. Falcon and The Winter Soldier will release on March 19th, 2021. Loki is confirmed to be releasing May 2021, then Ms. Marvel will release in late 2021.

Next, She Hulk will include the return of The Abomination, and its confirmed that Mark Ruffalo will be in the series.

The first big new reveal I have is that a Secret Invasion series will happen on Disney+, starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos.

The next big reveal is that Riri Williams will get her own series and she will be played by Dominique Thorne. The Ironheart series will debut on Disney+

We have a 3rd new series, this time starring War Machine in Armor Wars. Don Cheadle will reprise his role as James Rhodes, and the basic premise for the story is all about what happens when technology gets into the wrong hands?

Unexpected, but James Gunn will direct a holiday special for the Guardians of The Galaxy, and Baby Groot will be getting a series of little shorts.

We also have an update for Thor: Love and Thunder. Christian Bale will play the villain, Gorr the God Butcher.

We also have an Antman 3 update. The full title is Antman & The Wasp: Quantumania, and its confirmed that Jonathan Majors is indeed joining as Kang the Conqueror and Kathryn Newton will replace Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie Lang.

Also an update for Black Panther 2. T'Challa will not be recasted as a way to honor Chadwick Boseman's legacy.

And the last big reveal we got. We are getting a Fantastic 4 movie and its confirmed that Jon Watts will direct the movie. Jon Watts has previously directed Spiderman Homecoming and Spiderman Far From Home.
I was just going to post all this but I could not have done this better myself. Thank you so much for putting this up. Super informative.

I am actually very VERY excited for Ms. Marvel. She is a bit of a local hero for me personally as the character resides in Jersey City, NJ where I am from. And I love that she is of Muslim descent. I like the representation and I think it will make the series so much more relatable. I think I saw some scenes already and I like the direction it is going in.

The Fantastic 4 film is the shocker for me. I didn't think they were going to get included that fast into the MCU but it is fitting that they do quicker than the X-Men would. F4 were the pioneers of Superhero TEAMS. I hope they are done the justice they deserve (I personally would love to see Jon Krasinski and Emily Blunt play Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman).

Kang the Conqueror... about damn time. He is a menacing Villian in the Marvel Comics. About damn time he came around to the MCU and started shaking boots. I do find it peculiar a menacing being would be in an Ant-Man film, but I can see how with the Quantum Realm, Kang the Conqueror could be connected.

I like the news of the other series and films and happy to look forward to official release dates for Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki.

But the news I was awaiting the most was the direction Black Panther was going into. In the comics, Shuri takes over as Black Panther. I believe some filming already occurred so maybe it is the shots they have plus CGI to finish the film and step into the direction of the comics, as Shuri taking over as Black Panther. I miss Chadwick Boseman... I hope the film represents his legacy well.

Thank you again Litleonid, for all of this!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Will admit I'm mainly interested in the new films and the shows that feature characters from the films like Wandavision or Falcon & the Winter Soldier.

Suppose I'll wait to see how these other shows are reviewed. But for now all this news is exciting and I'm glad they're not rushing into anything related to X-Men. They've gotta figure out the best way to implement mutants into the series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Finally Fantastic Four news! I hope the Human Torch and Spider-Man get to become best friends like their comics counterparts, cartoons haven't even gotten to touch on that relationship yet!

Everything is good apart from Riri, her character shouldn't be adapted. Just do a timeskip and make Ironheart Tony's daughter, an actual interesting character. Unlike Miles and Kamala, her character is extremely flawed and not in the good way... I'm gonna cancel during that month, her character is the absolute worse

Nothing on X-Men but that's okay, it'd be more challenging throwing Mutants into the universe than it would be introducing the Fantastic Four. Takes time and build up, I do hope that since Ryan Reynolds is basically confirmed to stay that they keep the actor for Colossus, that guy deserves to transition like JK Simmons' J Jonah Jameson, different counterpart but same character!

Glad War Machine's getting his due, kinda hope we get to see Punisher wind up with the suit at some point like in the comics. The literal war machine becoming War Machine! It's something cool that could be a one off episode

Hyped for Spider-Man 3, it'd be cool if they wrap up the previous Spider-Men's stories since they didn't really get proper endings on account of Sony being stupid. The Tobey Spider-Man and MJ should have a kid for instance, Andrew Garfield's gets Gwen back and actually gets a happy ending instead of ending on a doomy note...
And Daredevil, really hope they announce a continuation soon.

It's nice that they're being respectful and not recasting T'challa. I'm curious how they'll handle the character's death in universe though, offscreen? BP 2 villain killed him?

And to nobody's surprise, the Thor villain is Gorr. Kinda obvious, still hoping they get Beta Ray Bill in. He's pretty much the most demanded character atm and would be a good contender to fill a slot in Guardians if somebody leaves the team/contract ends

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I was really hyped for Ms. Marvel but then some of the casting news has soured it for me. Idk how much of it is confirmed but if they did cast some of these people, it's about to be a mess up in here.

BCVM22

I do I believe some filming already occurred

It has not. Even if Chadwick Boseman were still alive and we weren’t still in the middle of a pandemic, they wouldn’t have started filming yet. The production will be starting completely from scratch, when it does start. And given that it’s only been a few months since his passing, they’re likely still working on retooling the script and making the delicate decision of what direction to go with it.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I had a thought regarding the Fantastic Four film that's in development. Should they use Doctor Doom as the main villian again for just one film or should they build him up as the next big threat like Thanos over several movies?

Personally I'd prefer they use a different villian in their debut film. Give us something different compared to the previous three films.

Litleonid

I had a thought regarding the Fantastic Four film that's in development. Should they use Doctor Doom as the main villian again for just one film or should they build him up as the next big threat like Thanos over several movies?

Personally I'd prefer they use a different villian in their debut film. Give us something different compared to the previous three films.
Building him up as a big villain might be better, and using a different villain for the first one the team faces. It could be a refreshing change to see them face a lesser villain before Doctor Doom, who could be one of the next possible big bads.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
personally i liked how Infinity wars ended. its was nice and clean. they dont make enough movies where the bad guy wins...
as far as the spider verso goes, im not a fan of the current actor but i do like the Venom movie and hope they let carnage in.

Infinity War was Thanos' movie - as per the Russo Brothers. Between Infinity War and Endgame, I much prefer rewatching Infinity War. It's such a thrill from beginning to end and the great appeal of Endgame has worn off on me. We know how they fixed it, the despair that's overdone at the beginning is a bog to get through, the solution feels dumb during rewatch 2 and that feeling gets worse as you rewatch it multiple times (I basically have to turn my brain off completely during the Banner-scenes), the time-heist feels okay and the battle is obviously still good, but you know how it ends so even that 'shock' is not that big of a moment. The fight in space with Thanos (IronMan, Starlord, DrStrange, Spiderman, etc) has unlimited rewatch value - as Chris Pratt nailed that moment and EVERY TIME I wish he wouldn't do what he does. The emotions that I feel never change. It doesn't hurt that the Wakanda Battle with Thor's entry is pretty epic as well.

Everything is good apart from Riri, her character shouldn't be adapted. Just do a timeskip and make Ironheart Tony's daughter, an actual interesting character. Unlike Miles and Kamala, her character is extremely flawed and not in the good way... I'm gonna cancel during that month, her character is the absolute worse

Hyped for Spider-Man 3, it'd be cool if they wrap up the previous Spider-Men's stories since they didn't really get proper endings on account of Sony being stupid. The Tobey Spider-Man and MJ should have a kid for instance, Andrew Garfield's gets Gwen back and actually gets a happy ending instead of ending on a doomy note...
And Daredevil, really hope they announce a continuation soon.

It's nice that they're being respectful and not recasting T'challa. I'm curious how they'll handle the character's death in universe though, offscreen? BP 2 villain killed him?

And to nobody's surprise, the Thor villain is Gorr. Kinda obvious, still hoping they get Beta Ray Bill in. He's pretty much the most demanded character atm and would be a good contender to fill a slot in Guardians if somebody leaves the team/contract ends

Nothing personal, but I really dislike it when people just start slamming a project for an apparent reason they feel strongly about - but don't give any actual examples aside from 'extremely flawed' (because so was Tony (alcoholic) and look how he turned out). I'm not well versed in Riri's story, so could you tell me which parts of her character are so deplorable? I get that having Tony's daughter fill the role would've been awesome, but it's apparently not in the cards (nor does it feel necessary for me personally - just like how Cliff's daughter isn't going to be the Kate Bishop character - even when we saw her practice with the bow and arrow.

Amazingly hyped for Spiderman 3 as well. I'm guessing Homelands could be the subtitle. GarfieldSpiderMan would need to get Gwen back from another universe though.. Since I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Gwen from his universe as dead as she was. I heard reports that the NetflixDareDevil is going to represent HollandSpiderman in the movie. I'm fully expecting the story to still revolve around MCU-Peter, so I'm pretty sure we won't delve into the other storylines all to deeply. Tobey's could say that he's still an active Avenger, but has slowed down since getting a kid (which is fine, it's the Hawkeye-scenario). However Andrew's storyline wasn't even close to being resolved, so the way they reference it is either going to be superficial or a real deepcut to the Amazing Spiderman 3 script that was never used.

The villain of Thor Four is Gorr. Say that 10 times fast.. xD Fun fact, his powers stem from the oldest Symbiote (the All Black). So there's a potential link to the SonyVerse there.

What I've read is that they're going to explore Wakanda a bit more in BP2. I'm in the camp that's voting Shuri to fill in the void, but Mbaku will certainly have a big role to play (especially if the 'they're going to explore Wakanda' means anything). The big thing they can do is showcase T'challa as a panther in the Spirit World, no lines, but it could be a truly emotional moment without having to hologram anything in.

I was really hyped for Ms. Marvel but then some of the casting news has soured it for me. Idk how much of it is confirmed but if they did cast some of these people, it's about to be a mess up in here.

Same question I asked ZoruaGible: what do you mean specifically - and if the casting is so deplorable, why is that?

It feels as if I'm perhaps overstepping a boundary, but I mean I don't think that's too unreasonable to ask? I could say that the casting for She-Hulk is a trainwreck and that it might cause for several critical issues down the line - but if I don't specify what then everybody is just left guessing.

And no, there's nothing wrong with the She-Hulk casting of which I'm aware.

They should definitely NOT use Doctor Doom just yet. That's the trope both previous franchises fell into.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Based on preview panels...

Spider-Man's going emo or techno-suited again, but without the black costume, based on his post-Last Remains look that was just revealed

I have mixed feelings on this.

Also, the "Ms. Marvel having a problematic cast" controversy rumors are unsourced, no evidence that supposedly backs them up has been independently verified as real and seem to have come from nowhere, and are thus doubtful. They were likely started by Islamaphobic people who are still salty that Carol Danvers was Captain Marvel and not showing her legs, and those same people do not want a positive Muslim depiction in a US program.

And **** the people who want to erase Riri because she's black and not a caricature. That's the reason the "Morgan should be Ironheart" assholes are saying that. A black poor female MIT student who reverse-engineered Starktech infuriates racists.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Infinity War was Thanos' movie - as per the Russo Brothers. Between Infinity War and Endgame, I much prefer rewatching Infinity War. It's such a thrill from beginning to end and the great appeal of Endgame has worn off on me. We know how they fixed it, the despair that's overdone at the beginning is a bog to get through, the solution feels dumb during rewatch 2 and that feeling gets worse as you rewatch it multiple times (I basically have to turn my brain off completely during the Banner-scenes), the time-heist feels okay and the battle is obviously still good, but you know how it ends so even that 'shock' is not that big of a moment. The fight in space with Thanos (IronMan, Starlord, DrStrange, Spiderman, etc) has unlimited rewatch value - as Chris Pratt nailed that moment and EVERY TIME I wish he wouldn't do what he does. The emotions that I feel never change. It doesn't hurt that the Wakanda Battle with Thor's entry is pretty epic as well.

Nothing personal, but I really dislike it when people just start slamming a project for an apparent reason they feel strongly about - but don't give any actual examples aside from 'extremely flawed' (because so was Tony (alcoholic) and look how he turned out). I'm not well versed in Riri's story, so could you tell me which parts of her character are so deplorable? I get that having Tony's daughter fill the role would've been awesome, but it's apparently not in the cards (nor does it feel necessary for me personally - just like how Cliff's daughter isn't going to be the Kate Bishop character - even when we saw her practice with the bow and arrow.

Amazingly hyped for Spiderman 3 as well. I'm guessing Homelands could be the subtitle. GarfieldSpiderMan would need to get Gwen back from another universe though.. Since I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Gwen from his universe as dead as she was. I heard reports that the NetflixDareDevil is going to represent HollandSpiderman in the movie. I'm fully expecting the story to still revolve around MCU-Peter, so I'm pretty sure we won't delve into the other storylines all to deeply. Tobey's could say that he's still an active Avenger, but has slowed down since getting a kid (which is fine, it's the Hawkeye-scenario). However Andrew's storyline wasn't even close to being resolved, so the way they reference it is either going to be superficial or a real deepcut to the Amazing Spiderman 3 script that was never used.

The villain of Thor Four is Gorr. Say that 10 times fast.. xD Fun fact, his powers stem from the oldest Symbiote (the All Black). So there's a potential link to the SonyVerse there.

What I've read is that they're going to explore Wakanda a bit more in BP2. I'm in the camp that's voting Shuri to fill in the void, but Mbaku will certainly have a big role to play (especially if the 'they're going to explore Wakanda' means anything). The big thing they can do is showcase T'challa as a panther in the Spirit World, no lines, but it could be a truly emotional moment without having to hologram anything in.

Same question I asked ZoruaGible: what do you mean specifically - and if the casting is so deplorable, why is that?

It feels as if I'm perhaps overstepping a boundary, but I mean I don't think that's too unreasonable to ask? I could say that the casting for She-Hulk is a trainwreck and that it might cause for several critical issues down the line - but if I don't specify what then everybody is just left guessing.

And no, there's nothing wrong with the She-Hulk casting of which I'm aware.

They should definitely NOT use Doctor Doom just yet. That's the trope both previous franchises fell into.

Well for instance the casting reports said they cast people to play ethnicities and religions they just aren't, they cast a a Trump supporter to play her best friend I believe, and they cast a guy with sexual assault reports on his record to be around young people. Like I said, not sure if they are confirmed but if they are, that's a big nope for me lol.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Well for instance the casting reports said they cast people to play ethnicities and religions they just aren't, they cast a a Trump supporter to play her best friend I believe, and they cast a guy with sexual assault reports on his record to be around young people. Like I said, not sure if they are confirmed but if they are, that's a big nope for me lol.
There is NO evidence of all of that.

No one has been able to corroborate the testimony of the starter of that rumor.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
There is NO evidence of all of that.

No one has been able to corroborate the testimony of the starter of that rumor.

Like I said, if they are real, then nope, if they aren't then great :).

nel3

Crimson Dragon

i honestly think wee need more supervillain movies. the epic fights the heroes have are great but you all know they will win in the end BC its about the super heroes. id love to see more movies where the villain wins and the heroes dont fix the situation.

if thats too hard for the public to stomach then give us more anti hero movies like Deadpool, Venom and more stories about how the supervillains came to be. all the super hero victor movies are getting overblown or just predictable. id look forward to that more than the superhero movie given a chance.

BTW what is the latest on any Carnage, Lasher, Phage, Agony and Scream at this point? id love to see them in the movies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I honestly think we need more supervillain movies. the epic fights the heroes have are great but you all know they will win in the end BC its about the super heroes. id love to see more movies where the villain wins and the heroes dont fix the situation.

if thats too hard for the public to stomach then give us more anti hero movies like Deadpool, Venom and more stories about how the supervillains came to be. all the super hero victor movies are getting overblown or just predictable. id look forward to that more than the superhero movie given a chance.

BTW what is the latest on any Carnage, Lasher, Phage, Agony and Scream at this point? id love to see them in the movies.

Joker was amazing, so more of that please. Loki is getting his own series this May - following the Loki from the Endgame Timeheist-timeline that got away with the Tesseract. Basically he's up to no good and the 'time-cops' are going after him (figurehead played by Owen Wilson). Basically the anti-hero story ala Suicide Squad. Which has a Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy 1,2&3) directed sequel coming this or next year. Which is amazing, since technically the Guardians are anti-heroes as well - or they were. Also Paul Rudd has done jailtime, but I wouldn't necessarily classify him as an antihero, but a hero with a problematic background that at the time does the right things for the right reasons.

Venom 2 is called Venom: Let there be Carnage. Which is coming out in June, so we'll likely get a trailer in a couple of months. Woody Harrelson is cast as Cletus Kasady and you can already see him in the endcredits of Venom (1). The other symbiotes will likely get into the fray during Venom 3.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I just watched Endgame yesterday. It was good, but it went on for too long IMO. I almost cried when Iron Man died, but I was happy that Sam became Captain America. I think the role fits him well. I’m also miffed that so many of the new series *cough* Loki *cough* are Plus exclusive. God have mercy on my soul.