• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I watched Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings yesterday and wanted to share some thoughts.

Setting the story in China and Chinese culture is a nice change from the usual Marvel formula. The fight choreography was well executed and is reminiscent of old martial arts films. Personally I enjoyed this film more than Black Widow.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The Hawkeye-trailer just dropped. It's basically a Christmas-special.. and looks awesome. xD

As for What If...?

Latest What If...?-teaser had this line: "If Time and Reality are a construct, what if we can rebuild it?" I mean the Watcher is definitely going to interfere at some point now.. :p

Ep1.: CaptainCarter happens: Doesn't interfere.
Ep2.: Ego finds Quill and likely succeeds in his plans: Doesn't interfere.
Ep3.: CoreAvengers Die: Doesn't interfere.
Ep4.: DoctorArmani: Doesn't interfere.
Ep5.: Zombie Apocalypse: Doesn't interfere.

From the trailer footage we probably have these episodes left (I thought this season would get 9 episodes):
- What if Kilmonger saved Tony.
- What if... PartyThor?
- What if... Gamora.
- What if... the Multiverse Assembled?

In any case, hyped for the coming 3.5 weeks! :D

I greatly enjoyed the fourth episode of What If.

Everyone: Saving Christine will destroy the universe!
Dr. Strange: But I loved her!
*Universe is destroyed*
Dr. Strange: Shocked Pikachu face.

Also the fixed moment in time thing is ridiculous. Christine doesn’t die in the main universe, and that universe is fine.

But other than that it was great

Episode 4 was the highlight so far!

Spidey finally makes an appearance!

Zombies has to be the best one so far, it was hilarious seeing the Black Order just immediately get destroyed
The end was just stupid though, zombie Thanos... what? How'd he get bit?!

Really? If anything, episode 5 really didn't feel up to par at all in my opinion. For a zombie-story, it felt incredibly rushed and none of it was really scary. The Vision-bit with the mind stone granting immunity from a Quantum Virus felt contrived as if only to lead to the end of the episode with Thanos.

Also, WHY would Thanos even go to Wakanda if he only needed the MindStone when Peter, T'challa, Cloakey and #TooManyDadJokes hadn't even arrived? Seems like such a plothole honestly.

I watched Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings yesterday and wanted to share some thoughts.

Setting the story in China and Chinese culture is a nice change from the usual Marvel formula. The fight choreography was well executed and is reminiscent of old martial arts films. Personally I enjoyed this film more than Black Widow.

I really thought it was a very fun movie! The villain felt human, even if his skillset was OP. I didn't feel as if much of the plot skimped over all too much, the humor was there, and the pacing was great. Yes, we went from fighting goonies in a bus to fighting a demonic entity by the end, but honestly, so many steps were laid out at the beginning which made it so that I didn't get taken out of immersion at all.

BlackWidow seems like such an afterthought at this point. I had a good time trying to defend that movie for a good while, but then this one came and well.. YEAH. Just compare the 3rd acts with each other. The only good thing about that movie was Yelena and Scarlett can sue all she wants, she doesn't deserve a penny more then what she got. She got way more then what she deserved in my eyes.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why does Tony have to die in every episode? It's getting old, he's the best Avenger dang it!

Locormus

Why does Tony have to die in every episode? It's getting old, he's the best Avenger dang it!

Why does T'Challa have to die the entire time as well? First there's no snap, but since Ego's plan will work based on the ending, so effectively he'll die nonetheless. Then in the zombie apocalyps he seemingly lives again, but he'll run into Thanos so we know how that'll end. And here he straight up gets 1up'd by Killmonger. And in the MCU, they'll also let the character die offscreen. T'Challa just can't catch any breaks.

Also, why are the Pyms the source of all evil? First Hank kills off all the Avengers in Fury's BigWeek and then Janet van Dyne is the source of the QuantumVirus that ravaged the world.

Tony got killed in this universe because he stayed a dick in this universe. Erik was 100% right about the difference between them and I honestly couldn't care less about Tony getting shanked here. 'Two gearhead orphans trying to do right by their fathers - we sound the same to me'. Yeah, but you're born into wealth Tony, while Erik had nothing.

That being said, I found the episode to be underwhelming. It basically ends in the scenario around halfway through the BlackPanther-movie. Killmonger is the defacto BP, Shuri doesn't believe it and tries to unthrone him. Only difference being that T'Challa is really dead in the What If and was only perceived as dead in the MCU. The end will probably be the same: That Killmonger gets overthrown (end of BP1) and that Shuri will have to lead Wakanda for a while (start of BP2:WF).

The real question will be how the Avengers-narrative will go without IronMan. What will happen once Loki shows up? I'm pretty sure they're screwed by then.

At least they won't have Ultron to fight so no Sokovia Accords.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Have you seen the trailer for Disney + Original Hawkeye?

I find it really great. It is themed around Christmas and I am hoping Black Widow's end credits scene tie into this. I believe Florence Pugh will make some sort of appearance in it.

I am eager to watch this, as right now I am not really pulled by "What If..?"

Zoruagible

You know I just realized that Steve has to have married Peggy in the main universe, not 'another world' as they tried waving it off as.
If that was true then the TVA would have terminated his butt the moment he chose to stay, would have made another universe which wasn't allowed. He became old so naturally he didn't get tagged, meaning that Sharon really did kiss her uncle in Civil War lol

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've been silent on the discussions regarding What If since I had a weird feeling while watching it. Believe I've finely figured out what that feeling is which is there's no stakes; it doesn't matter what happens in each episode since it's not gonna affect the MCU as a whole.

BCVM22

Which is... entirely the point. You wouldn't be able to tell any of these stories or have any of the fun if you had to worry about larger MCU continuity. That's the entire basis of any of the countless alternate reality anthologies.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I get that but some of these What If.. episodes are to possibilities straight out of left field that no one was ever really wondering. I never once had a thought of What If Dr. Strange lost his heart instead of his hands. Like, give me a What If... the other half was snapped away instead or What If ... Hawkeye was the one who sacrificed himself...

Now granted some are interesting like What If the Avengers died and never assembled.

But, for what it is, I think the story telling and plot is intricate and great. It takes us on quite a trip.

Locormus

Have you seen the trailer for Disney + Original Hawkeye?

I find it really great. It is themed around Christmas and I am hoping Black Widow's end credits scene tie into this. I believe Florence Pugh will make some sort of appearance in it.

I am eager to watch this, as right now I am not really pulled by "What If..?"

The next two episodes are going to tie stuff together, so they'll probably feel like Marvel mini-events. :)

I've been silent on the discussions regarding What If since I had a weird feeling while watching it. Believe I've finely figured out what that feeling is which is there's no stakes; it doesn't matter what happens in each episode since it's not gonna affect the MCU as a whole.

That's still up to debate though. A lot of people are theorizing that these animated universes are just animated for the sake of having essentially chunk-sized movies without all the costs of producing the actors on screen, production costs, sets, etc - and that since the multiverse is now a thing, characters like Dr.Armani and even the Zombie's could potentially cross into the main MCU.

I get that but some of these What If.. episodes are to possibilities straight out of left field that no one was ever really wondering. I never once had a thought of What If Dr. Strange lost his heart instead of his hands. Like, give me a What If... the other half was snapped away instead or What If ... Hawkeye was the one who sacrificed himself...

Now granted some are interesting like What If the Avengers died and never assembled.

But, for what it is, I think the story telling and plot is intricate and great. It takes us on quite a trip.

It's the entire idea that counts. What If the other half was snapped in my eyes is common thing to think off. But this show is about how the smallest things can have a large ripple effect. Stuff like Sharon Carter staying in the room instead of leaving suddenly changed so much.

The DoctorStrange one literally led to the crumbling of an entire universe. It's by far the most impressive twist in my eyes.

Anybody want to take a guess as to what those invaders are at the end of the latest episode? At first I thought it was Ultron, but that would make no sense considering the timeline.

Then I started thinking, since the plot of the Thor-narrative was changed - it might be that these are from that bubble of characters. So what if these are Malekith and the Dark Elves?

Zoruagible

The episode I thought would be the most boring turned out to be the most fun.
Darcy marrying Howard the Duck lol Love that the Duck is actually getting some love in these, hopefully he and Cosmo get something other than cameos in the main MCU at some point.
Loki and Thor being friends was quite lovely
Surtur being at the party was just bizarre...
Jeff Goldblum!
Captain Marvel(The worst hero ever) as the main antagonist, awesome!
Crossbones and Coulson!
And everyone banding together to help Thor fool his mother was pretty sweet
The next two episodes are going to tie stuff together, so they'll probably feel like Marvel mini-events. :)

That's still up to debate though. A lot of people are theorizing that these animated universes are just animated for the sake of having essentially chunk-sized movies without all the costs of producing the actors on screen, production costs, sets, etc - and that since the multiverse is now a thing, characters like Dr.Armani and even the Zombie's could potentially cross into the main MCU.

It's the entire idea that counts. What If the other half was snapped in my eyes is common thing to think off. But this show is about how the smallest things can have a large ripple effect. Stuff like Sharon Carter staying in the room instead of leaving suddenly changed so much.

The DoctorStrange one literally led to the crumbling of an entire universe. It's by far the most impressive twist in my eyes.

Anybody want to take a guess as to what those invaders are at the end of the latest episode? At first I thought it was Ultron, but that would make no sense considering the timeline.

Then I started thinking, since the plot of the Thor-narrative was changed - it might be that these are from that bubble of characters. So what if these are Malekith and the Dark Elves?
It's Ultron, notice the little curves on the side of the helmet? And it opens to showcase Vision, whom Ultron originally wanted to be his new body. Without Thor around he must have succeeded

Locormus

The episode I thought would be the most boring turned out to be the most fun.
Darcy marrying Howard the Duck lol Love that the Duck is actually getting some love in these, hopefully he and Cosmo get something other than cameos in the main MCU at some point.
Loki and Thor being friends was quite lovely
Surtur being at the party was just bizarre...
Jeff Goldblum!
Captain Marvel(The worst hero ever) as the main antagonist, awesome!
Crossbones and Coulson!
And everyone banding together to help Thor fool his mother was pretty sweet

It's Ultron, notice the little curves on the side of the helmet? And it opens to showcase Vision, whom Ultron originally wanted to be his new body. Without Thor around he must have succeeded

I don't think Danvers was the antagonist here honestly. The implication was that if Thor&co kept partying that they'd have destroyed the planet. I mean Thor kinda brushed off the question about that other situation 'being a party and an evacuation of already dieing meteor/planet', but I think that's a halftruth - that it was an evacuation after they caused the planet/meteor to die.

I mean she was basically the cop showing up at a houseparty - which would've probably ended up with the house destroyed if she didn't.

That being said.. she's such a wet blanket. >.>

Yeah, I was going off memory. Based on my second view I totally need to take that speculation back.. xD

There's a couple of weird things:
1. Infinity Stones don't work in alternate universes (as per Loki), so these would probably be from the same universe, but further up the timeline.
2. Which must mean Ultron must've been created by Tony (as per the norm) - but I'd love to know how and/or if the Battle of NewYork happened, since that was the catalyst for Tony to build Ultron.
3. Was Thor being this immature the reason why Ultron was succesful in claiming Vision's body as his vessel (or was it due to ripple effects affecting the timeline?) during the AoU-story?
4. The TimeStone doesn't allow timetravel as far as I know, so does this Ultron have access to Pym Particles?!? If so, that's one broken synthezoid.
5. Why did Ultron come back to this point in time specifically?!? Again, the major implication of the episode being that Thor's party would've destroyed the planet - and Ultron's core mission is still protecting the planet at all costs seems to go hand in hand as reasoning why he'd show up at this point.
6. Was Ultron always planning to go after the Infinity Stones?!?
7. How in the world did he get the SoulStone?!?

Zoruagible

I've never laughed as hard as I did when Ultron just cut Thanos in half as soon as he showed, that was marvelous!

Way to prove that you're the best villain Ultron! I really hope the main Ultron returns someday, he was done dirty and I'm still bummed that army guy in Wandavision didn't turn out to be him in disguise

Locormus

Sooo...

For some reason, Venom2 only releases in the Netherlands on October 21st..

Which means that I'm likely dodging spoilers for at least three weeks.

Zoruagible

Man seeing another speedster just aggravates me of the unjust treatment Quicksilver got!
I really hope he comes back in Dr. Strange 2, forget Wanda's kids. Quicksilver is who needs to come back