• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Hulk has been on a downward spiral,I personally prefer the 03 Hulk as far as his abilities go.
2003 Hulk > MCU Hulk

E2JbYBuWQAYjQCx.jpg:large

7100501-ezgif-5-77fb72a1f6b9.gif

6910225-ezgif-1-067f943187ea.gif

7065330-9224066623-53032.gif

SoftMemorableAlaskankleekai-max-1mb.gif

main-qimg-cde4ffe8414aee11867d605b76ad1baf

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
2003 Hulk > MCU Hulk

E2JbYBuWQAYjQCx.jpg:large

7100501-ezgif-5-77fb72a1f6b9.gif

6910225-ezgif-1-067f943187ea.gif

7065330-9224066623-53032.gif

SoftMemorableAlaskankleekai-max-1mb.gif

main-qimg-cde4ffe8414aee11867d605b76ad1baf

Ahh yes, the 2003 movie that physically hurts to watch.

Also, flipping a tank and running fast are feats? Also, the way he jumps miles here is comical at best and made me cringe everytime he did so.

MCU's Hulk:
- 1hko's giant space fish.
- Battles dozens of Alien Fighter jets on his own.
- Smacks the sh** out of Loki.
- Goes toe to toe with Thor
- Battles mythical Asgardian Wolf Fenryr.
- Sends a boulder into outer space as an asteroid with ease.
- Snapped the Infinity Gauntlet and lived.

The feats are honestly still there. From what I'm noticing is that you just don't like SmartHulk and just prefer the rage monster. That's fine, but it would've gotten stale as hell in the MCU after 5 movies. There comes a point where 'rage monster' just isn't interesting to watch anymore.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ahh yes, the 2003 movie that physically hurts to watch.

Also, flipping a tank and running fast are feats? Also, the way he jumps miles here is comical at best and made me cringe everytime he did so.

MCU's Hulk:
- 1hko's giant space fish.
- Battles dozens of Alien Fighter jets on his own.
- Smacks the sh** out of Loki.
- Goes toe to toe with Thor
- Battles mythical Asgardian Wolf Fenryr.
- Sends a boulder into outer space as an asteroid with ease.
- Snapped the Infinity Gauntlet and lived.

The feats are honestly still there. From what I'm noticing is that you just don't like SmartHulk and just prefer the rage monster. That's fine, but it would've gotten stale as hell in the MCU after 5 movies. There comes a point where 'rage monster' just isn't interesting to watch anymore.
The way I see it MCU Hulk just had more to work with compared to Ang Lee's and yeah I don't really care for Professor Hulk,it was interesting when I first saw it in Endgame but now it's redundant.

I have yet to see MCU Hulk show the same abilities as 2003's Hulk which includes growing in size,healing fast,running fast and leaping several miles.Only edge I'd probably give MCU's is striking power.

Locormus

The way I see it MCU Hulk just had more to work with compared to Ang Lee's and yeah I don't really care for Professor Hulk,it was interesting when I first saw it in Endgame but now it's redundant.

I have yet to see MCU Hulk show the same abilities as 2003's Hulk which includes growing in size,healing fast,running fast and leaping several miles.Only edge I'd probably give MCU's is striking power.

Bruce fell flat on his face onto the Rainbow Bridge from the Sakarian spacecraft, probably broke most of his bones and spine (even Fenryr assumed he was dead) and then seconds later Hulk came out and whooped Fenryr's tail.

How's that not impressive healing?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Bruce fell flat on his face onto the Rainbow Bridge from the Sakarian spacecraft, probably broke most of his bones and spine (even Fenryr assumed he was dead) and then seconds later Hulk came out and whooped Fenryr's tail.

How's that not impressive healing?
He has more resources

He has yet to show the same capabilities as 03 Hulk outside of punching power.

Locormus

He has more resources

He has yet to show the same capabilities as 03 Hulk outside of punching power.

I don't understand this answer.

You show a clip of 03Hulk healing off some flesh wounds on his shoulder, I remind you of the mcuHulk literally healing every broken bone in Bruce's mangled body within seconds to immediately tussle with a giantsized wolf and the answer is 'more resources'?

What?

Just for another reference of his 'feats', he jumped onto Surtur, who towered over the entirety of Asgard and carried off Thor and Valkery off the rainbow bridge onto the spaceship with a single jump once they settled on what Ragnarok meant..

So basically 03Hulk > mcuHulk because he grows when raging. Like I said, that was fun for maybe one movie, but would be incredibly boring during his fourth, fifth or sixth.

Besides, outside of Norton's iteration, it was never Hulk's own movie in the mcu due to the distribution rights. I really am looking forward with what they are planning here (WWH) with him going offworld again.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
So Werewolf By Night is now out on Disney+ and it's really good! Directed by Michael Giacchino too, who you may recognise as the composer for several amazing movies over the last couple of decades including The Incredibles, the Marvel Spider-Man trilogy, the Jurassic World trilogy, The Batman, Thor: Love & Thunder and more. It's old-school black and white "horror" (I use all those terms loosely because I am way too young to know) and I thought it was pretty engaging with a cool cast of characters and some funky monsters. Excited to see more of the supernatural in the MCU later on down the line with Blade and whatever else pops up. Shout out to Ted for being one of the best characters in the whole MCU, love that guy.

I've also been watching She-Hulk and I really like it as well! The fourth wall breaks are solid, the cast are amazing and it actually feels really nice to have a more episodic series with an overarching story taking more of a back seat? Stand-out episodes for me were episodes 4, 6, 7 and 8 - I have adored Tim Roth in this show and it's nice to see him have another chance in the MCU. Daredevil is in it as we all know and I thought he was really good in it (having not watched his own show for comparisons, I do know it's good but I doubt I'll watch it any time soon) but none compare to the greatest character included... Madisynn! With two N's and one Y, but not where you think? Fantastic. Is it the best MCU TV show? I don't think so? Hard to say because I'm not invested in any of these shows, they're just nice filler for my brain. Could definitely use improvement across the board but beyond that? Solid stuff.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Guardians Holiday special is beautiful

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
IMO, Phase 4 has lot the plot. They expanded into the multiverse and multiple timelines with Loki, but tbh, I just don't care as much for all of these new superheroes. There's too many characters, and so many have similar powers. I'd rather they gave more episodes and movie time for the characters already established, and only introduced like 2 new superheroes (Shang-Chi was a great addition). I felt all of the shows needed more episodes to really flesh out the state of Earth and the universe at large. I wish a show like Moon Knight focused on the existential crisis of being an ordinary citizen on Earth, and not knowing that at any second, some massive wormhole or god-like entity can rip through your planet. I mean, there was a literal Eternal growing inside Earth, and ready to pop out, and it hasn't been addressed yet to my knowledge? I also wish they gave a more clearer explanation for multidimensions vs multiverses vs different timelines. I didn't have any desire to watch Eternals, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, or She-Hulk.

I'll probably check out the new Ant-Man Quantumania if it gets good reviews, considering it's the start of Phase 5, and it'll introduce Kang, who's probably the main villain of the newer phases.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
IMO, Phase 4 has lot the plot. They expanded into the multiverse and multiple timelines with Loki, but tbh, I just don't care as much for all of these new superheroes. There's too many characters, and so many have similar powers. I'd rather they gave more episodes and movie time for the characters already established, and only introduced like 2 new superheroes (Shang-Chi was a great addition). I felt all of the shows needed more episodes to really flesh out the state of Earth and the universe at large. I wish a show like Moon Knight focused on the existential crisis of being an ordinary citizen on Earth, and not knowing that at any second, some massive wormhole or god-like entity can rip through your planet. I mean, there was a literal Eternal growing inside Earth, and ready to pop out, and it hasn't been addressed yet to my knowledge? I also wish they gave a more clearer explanation for multidimensions vs multiverses vs different timelines. I didn't have any desire to watch Eternals, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, or She-Hulk.

I'll probably check out the new Ant-Man Quantumania if it gets good reviews, considering it's the start of Phase 5, and it'll introduce Kang, who's probably the main villain of the newer phases.
Honestly, the Black Panther series is never going to be the same without Chadwick Boseman. They can make a new character take up the mantle of Black Panther but Boseman is what made the character work so well. It’s sort of like the Harry Potter series after Richard Harris had died. Michael Gambon still did an amazing job playing Dumbledore but he didn’t quite have the same warmth and charm that Harris gave to the role. Very rarely does replacing the main character and lead actor/actress in a series turn out very well. The 90s Batman movies suffered as soon as Micheal Keaton left and the Home Alone series sharply declined in how good they were after Macaulay Culkin grew out of the role of Kevin and couldn’t film a third movie as planned. The James Bond movies are one of the few exceptions where replacing the actor actually works.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
MCU Ranking (of the films I've watched):

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Avengers: Endgame
5. Black Panther
6. The Avengers
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Iron Man
9. Captain America: Civil War
10. Spider-Man: No Way Home
11. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
12. Spider-Man: Homecoming
13. Ant-Man and the Wasp
14. Doctor Strange
15. Spider-Man: Far From Home
16. Avengers: Age of Ultron
17. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
18. Captain Marvel
19. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
20. Black Widow

Honestly, the Black Panther series is never going to be the same without Chadwick Boseman. They can make a new character take up the mantle of Black Panther but Boseman is what made the character work so well. It’s sort of like the Harry Potter series after Richard Harris had died. Michael Gambon still did an amazing job playing Dumbledore but he didn’t quite have the same warmth and charm that Harris gave to the role. Very rarely does replacing the main character and lead actor/actress in a series turn out very well. The 90s Batman movies suffered as soon as Micheal Keaton left and the Home Alone series sharply declined in how good they were after Macaulay Culkin grew out of the role of Kevin and couldn’t film a third movie as planned. The James Bond movies are one of the few exceptions where replacing the actor actually works.

I agree that BP2 got screwed with his unfortunate passing. However, from what I know of the film, it seems they tried to squish so many things into this movie, from introducing yet another secret society/group, to Ironheart, to a CIA plotline.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
1.Avengers : Infinity War
2.Spider-Man : Into the Spider-Verse
3.Logan
4.Avengers : Endgame
-------------------------------------------------------
5.The Avengers
6.Spider-Man 2
7.Captain America : Civil War
8.Captain America : The Winter Soldier
9.Spider-Man (2002)
10.Spider-Man : No Way Home
11.Thor : Ragnarok
12.X-Men : Days of Future Past
13.Iron Man
14.Doctor Strange
15.Deadpool
16.Guardians of the Galaxy
17.X2 : X-Men United
18.X-Men : First Class
19.X-Men (2000)
20.Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
21.Black Panther
22.Blade (1998)
23.Spider-Man : Homecoming
24.Spider-Man : Far from Home
25.Captain America : The First Avenger
26.Spider-Man 3
27.The Amazing Spider-Man
28.X-Men : The Last Stand
29.Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
30.Fantastic Four (2005)
31.Avengers : Age of Ultron
32.Ant-Man
33.Venom
34.Thor
35.Blade II
36.The Wolverine
37.Iron Man 3
38.Ghostrider
39.X-Men : Apocalypse
40.The Amazing Spider-Man 2
41.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
42.Ant-Man & the Wasp
43.The Incredible Hulk (2008)
44.Hulk (2003)
45.Iron Man 2
46.Black Widow
47.Daredevil (2003)
48.Deadpool 2
49.Dark Phoenix
50.Eternals
51.Blade Trinity
52.Thor : The Dark World
53.Captain Marvel
54.Fantastic Four (2015)
55.Elektra

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
1.Avengers : Infinity War
2.Spider-Man : Into the Spider-Verse
3.Logan
4.Avengers : Endgame
5.The Avengers
6.Spider-Man 2
7.Captain America : Civil War
8.Captain America : The Winter Soldier
9.Spider-Man (2002)
10.Spider-Man : No Way Home
11.Thor : Ragnarok
12.X-Men : Days of Future Past
13.Iron Man
14.Doctor Strange
15.Deadpool
16.Guardians of the Galaxy
17.X2 : X-Men United
18.X-Men : First Class
19.X-Men (2000)
20.Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
21.Black Panther
22.Blade (1998)
23.Spider-Man : Homecoming
24.Spider-Man : Far from Home
25.Captain America : The First Avenger
26.Spider-Man 3
27.The Amazing Spider-Man
28.X-Men : The Last Stand
29.Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
30.Fantastic Four (2005)
31.Avengers : Age of Ultron
32.Ant-Man
33.Venom
34.Thor
35.Blade II
36.The Wolverine
37.Iron Man 3
38.Ghostrider
39.X-Men : Apocalypse
40.The Amazing Spider-Man 2
41.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
42.Ant-Man & the Wasp
43.The Incredible Hulk (2008)
44.Hulk (2003)
45.Iron Man 2
46.Black Widow
47.Daredevil (2003)
48.Deadpool 2
49.Dark Phoenix
50.Eternals
51.Blade Trinity
52.Thor : The Dark World
53.Captain Marvel
54.Fantastic Four (2015)
55.Elektra

Oh yeah, if I was to extend my list further to include non-MCU content, then my top 25 becomes:

2. Logan
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Into the Spider-Verse
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6. Avengers: Endgame
7. Black Panther
8. The Avengers
9. Spider-Man 2
10. Spider-Man
11. Thor: Ragnarok
12. Iron Man
13. X-Men: Days of Future Past
14. Captain America: Civil War
15. Spider-Man: No Way Home
16. X-Men First Class
17. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
18. X-2
19. Spider-Man: Homecoming
20. Ant-Man and the Wasp
21. Doctor Strange
22. X-Men
23 Spider-Man: Far From Home
24. Avengers: Age of Ultron
25. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Damn, Marvel has made some solid at least 7/10 films...

Locormus

Oh yeah, if I was to extend my list further to include non-MCU content, then my top 25 becomes:

2. Logan
3. Guardians of the Galax
4. ..etc

Damn, Marvel has made some solid at least 7/10 films...

And then there's the 2015 F4 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and well.. Xmen: Dark Phoenix.

I'm not going to go full HAM, but there are basically three movies I can watch any day without getting bored:
- InfinityWar
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- ShangChi

I don't agree with the idea that Phase 4 has lost the plot. They're setting up an entire new plot. I will say that Phase 4 might've ended on a weird note, but it's not as if we knew during Thor 1 how things were going to go down in Phase 3.

Phase 4 is that odd moment of picking up the pieces, introducing new elements and moving on. There wasn't a show that I didn't think was entertaining to some degree. Yes, Ms.Marvel may have been geared towards a younger audience (I'm in my 30s, started playing pokemon during gen1), but I really liked the family aspect of that show. I'm probably not going to rewatch some of them, but all in all there were a lot more hits then misses for me.

I'll be fair and list my biggest disappointment. Thor4. I'm a Thor-fan and left the theatre utterly shook on how poor that story was handled. I wasn't even mad at Jane being Mighty Thor, that happened in the comics and I'm fine with that.. the handling of the plot.. ugh. That and BlackWidow (Florence Pugh and David Harbor saved that movie and I'm glad they're returning in Thunderbolts). Those are the only F and D-grade movies/series in Phase4 in my eyes.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
And then there's the 2015 F4 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and well.. Xmen: Dark Phoenix.

Well yeah, they have produced a number of bad films too.

I'm not going to go full HAM, but there are basically three movies I can watch any day without getting bored:
- InfinityWar
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- ShangChi

I don't agree with the idea that Phase 4 has lost the plot. They're setting up an entire new plot. I will say that Phase 4 might've ended on a weird note, but it's not as if we knew during Thor 1 how things were going to go down in Phase 3.

Phase 4 is that odd moment of picking up the pieces, introducing new elements and moving on. There wasn't a show that I didn't think was entertaining to some degree. Yes, Ms.Marvel may have been geared towards a younger audience (I'm in my 30s, started playing pokemon during gen1), but I really liked the family aspect of that show. I'm probably not going to rewatch some of them, but all in all there were a lot more hits then misses for me.

I'll be fair and list my biggest disappointment. Thor4. I'm a Thor-fan and left the theatre utterly shook on how poor that story was handled. I wasn't even mad at Jane being Mighty Thor, that happened in the comics and I'm fine with that.. the handling of the plot.. ugh. That and BlackWidow (Florence Pugh and David Harbor saved that movie and I'm glad they're returning in Thunderbolts). Those are the only F and D-grade movies/series in Phase4 in my eyes.

I just felt they expanded way too quickly. Too many superheroes, too many similar powers/skills. I just am not a fan of the 'replace old superheroes with the next generation' idea they're building. It seems rather insulting, almost feels akin to buying a shinier newer toy replacement of an old used one. I don't want a second Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, and Black Panther so quick.

As I said above, I felt all of the shows needed more episodes to really flesh out the state of Earth and the universe at large. I wish a show like Moon Knight focused on the existential crisis of being an ordinary citizen on Earth, and not knowing that at any second, some massive wormhole or god-like entity can rip through your planet. I mean, there was a literal Eternal growing inside Earth, and ready to pop out, and it hasn't been addressed yet to my knowledge? I also wish they gave a more clearer explanation for multidimensions vs multiverses vs different timelines.

Locormus

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine suit looks nice, all that's missing is the cowl.

Agreed, but I assume DP will joke about how he has to look at his mug when he's not covering his face up like him. xD

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's official. Jonathan Majors has been fired from the MCU after he was found guilty yesterday of harassment and assault. It is currently unknown what will happen to the character of Kang the Conqueror going forward.

Last edited: