• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

randomspot555

Ant-Man is C list even in terms of comics. The solo series are short lived due to sales even when critical acclaim is high as it was with Irredeemable Ant-Man. He's always in the shadow of the other big brains of the MU and writers keep re-treading the same stories with him over and over and over and over again.

But really in terms of public awareness of Ant-Man, he has the same recognition as Squirrel Girl: Almost none.

BCVM22

Public awareness and comic book notoriety are two different things, though. Even a character like Iron Man would have scored pretty low on the count of the former before the first film, and no one would have counted that against the character's significance in the comics.

I wonder how much longer until comic books become obsolete in this technology-driven era. Not too long I reckon, it'll face the same fate as newspapers will

BCVM22

No. And even if that does eventually happen at some point, they'll still be published just fine digitally.

This isn't a thread about comic books anyway. If you go out the door, down the hallway and follow the fetid, goatish smell of people spelling it "Spiderman", you'll find that thread. You can go discuss how doomed print is there.

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
So guys Guardians of the Galaxy is out in about 2 months, any ideas as to how it might go, plot wise and sales/ratings wise?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Sales wise, I am expecting it to do $1B. You can say my expectations are... Off the galaxy YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

Popularity wise, everyone will talk about Rocket Raccoon. He'll get his own comics, his own TV show, merchandising with him in front, etc etc.

Ratings wise, I think it will do at least an 82 Rotten Tomatoes. Main problem will be pacing and not enough character development. I'm guessing Bautista's performance of Drax will get the most negative.

I can't WAIT for this movie. So hyped! I hope Thanos gets another cameo. I don't think he's appeared since The Avenger's credits bonus scene. Maybe a flashback scene of young Gamora being trained by Thanos?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The new trailer looks good. It should be a box office hit. It's going against The new Ninja Turtles movie the following week though.

I hope they're going to have a TV show for this.

Ugh has June ended yet?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The new trailer looks good. It should be a box office hit. It's going against The new Ninja Turtles movie the following week though.

I hope they're going to have a TV show for this.

Ugh has June ended yet?

A tv show for for Guardian's of the Galaxy?? I think the most we'll get is them appearing in more episodes of Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman, and Hulk and the Agents of Smash(they are actually appearing in an episode later this year).

Genos

The Indigo Disk
A tv show for for Guardian's of the Galaxy?? I think the most we'll get is them appearing in more episodes of Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman, and Hulk and the Agents of Smash(they are actually appearing in an episode later this year).
I prefer their own show. Only focusing on them. But hey I could wish can I?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I prefer their own show. Only focusing on them. But hey I could wish can I?

Sure I guess, who knows, if the movie does well enough, perhaps they can make one around them to go with the Hulk show(if it continues).

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yeah. Anyways are we expecting a teaser trailer for AoU? Either this year's Comic-Con or GotG post-credits?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
GOTG is the last Phase 2 movie before AoU, but they don't seem to have anything to do with the Avengers yet, other than Thanos being the main bad guy for both teams. I hope GOTG's post credits scene shows off Adam Warlock though, as he's important to the Infinity Gauntlet story. Gotta get Phase 3 and the mystical side going.

randomspot555

Yeah. Anyways are we expecting a teaser trailer for AoU? Either this year's Comic-Con or GotG post-credits?

The teaser lately seems to be teasing events further away than the next movie.

Cap 2's teaser teased Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Strucker ala Avengers 2 AOU rather than a Guardians teaser. IM3s teaser wasn't even really a teaser and just a funny little moment with Banner. Avengers teased Thanos which is going to be playing a role in GOTG and Avengers 3.

So really, who knows. It'll probably be leaked at some point before the release.

GOTG won't be doing a MCU TV show though. They've already got AOS, Agent Carter, and are launching several 13 episode mini series under Netflix. GOTG are movie actors or people wanting to be movie actors and probably wouldn't like taking the hit to be relegated back down to a TV role.

GOTG is the last Phase 2 movie before AoU, but they don't seem to have anything to do with the Avengers yet, other than Thanos being the main bad guy for both teams. I hope GOTG's post credits scene shows off Adam Warlock though, as he's important to the Infinity Gauntlet story. Gotta get Phase 3 and the mystical side going.

It'd be pretty easy to tie it in. GOTG are basically Space Avengers so make a Space SHIELD organization.

But I honestly hope they don't go too far out of their way to tie it all in. Galactic stuff needs some room to breathe before being really mixed in with everything else.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It'd be pretty easy to tie it in. GOTG are basically Space Avengers so make a Space SHIELD organization.

But I honestly hope they don't go too far out of their way to tie it all in. Galactic stuff needs some room to breathe before being really mixed in with everything else.
NOVA Corp and S.W.O.R.D. do stuff in space.

They really can't do much on Earth once Thanos is causing chaos. Ultron will most likely be destroyed or shut down at the end of AoU, so it won't possess any harm for a while. It's fine for the standalone movies to fight against weaker villains, but Avengers 4 and GOTG2/3 obviously need someone bigger than Thanos. Dr. Strange could introduce Dormammu, which could also introduce Ghost Rider. (Marvel got him back, right?) Does Sony also own the movie rights to Spider-Woman? If not, she and Ms. Marvel also works for S.W.O.R.D., and Ms. Marvel could mean the Kree Empire.

Anyways, AoU is confirmed to have a trailer screening at Comic-Con. Can't wait for someone to upload it on Youtube, with shaky cam and in 180p.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
NOVA Corp and S.W.O.R.D. do stuff in space.

They really can't do much on Earth once Thanos is causing chaos. Ultron will most likely be destroyed or shut down at the end of AoU, so it won't possess any harm for a while. It's fine for the standalone movies to fight against weaker villains, but Avengers 4 and GOTG2/3 obviously need someone bigger than Thanos. Dr. Strange could introduce Dormammu, which could also introduce Ghost Rider. (Marvel got him back, right?) Does Sony also own the movie rights to Spider-Woman? If not, she and Ms. Marvel also works for S.W.O.R.D., and Ms. Marvel could mean the Kree Empire.

Anyways, AoU is confirmed to have a trailer screening at Comic-Con. Can't wait for someone to upload it on Youtube, with shaky cam and in 180p.

Marvel now has Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher and Blade, and we know Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones are getting mini TV series plus The Defenders. Most looking forward to Daredevil and Iron Fist, Daredevil sounds like it would be something similar to Arrow. I actually didn't mind the 2003 movie, but I did watch the director's cut. I could see the Punisher coming into the mix soon as well. Other obviously known characters that are owned include: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Dr Strange, Black Panther, Cloak and Dagger, Ant-Man and Power Pack.

20th Century Fox owns X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Deadpool and Cable. Sony owns Spiderman and Venom, Lionsgate Entertainment owns Man-Thing and Universal Pictures own Namor.

Weird ownerships include Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, which can be used by both Marvel and Fox, but Marvel cannot relate 'mutant' powers at all to them. Another is Stan Lee who can do whatever he wants.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
GOTG won't be doing a MCU TV show though. They've already got AOS, Agent Carter, and are launching several 13 episode mini series under Netflix. GOTG are movie actors or people wanting to be movie actors and probably wouldn't like taking the hit to be relegated back down to a TV role.
Oh no. Actually I meant an animated show. Obliviously they can't do live action. But yeah I meant an animated tv show. Sorry for the confusion.

Chaos Rush

The teaser lately seems to be teasing events further away than the next movie.

Cap 2's teaser teased Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Strucker ala Avengers 2 AOU rather than a Guardians teaser.
Well one reason is because we already got our Guardians teaser in Thor: The Dark World. Of course, that would support your point even more though since Captain America 2 came after Thor 2.

Looking at past post-credit teasers:

Iron Man - pretty much teases Avengers with Nick Fury informing Stark about the Avengers Initiative

The Incredible Hulk - again, kinda teasing Avengers with Stark informing Ross about a "team is being started" (despite Marvel now kinda pretending that the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie doesn't exist because of the whole recast thing)

Iron Man 2 - Coulson & crew find Thor's hammer, which directly sets up the next movie (IIRC this post credit scene was even in the Thor movie itself)

Thor - Erik Selvig and Nick Fury take a look at the Tesseract while Loki is shown to be controlling Selvig. Obviously this sets up Avengers, but one could also argue that it helps set up the next film (Captain America) with the Tesseract's first appearance.

Captain America: The First Avenger - I don't even need to explain this one, the post credits scene is an actual scene from the Avengers and it segues straight into a freaking trailer for the Avengers

The Avengers - Doesn't really set up a particular film, though I guess one could argue GotG. I would say it really just sets up the future of the MCU. (oh and the shawarma scene sets up nothing lol)

Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark is babbling while Bruce Banner is sleeping. ok

Thor: The Dark World - Sif and Volstagg deliver the Aether to the Collector. Once they leave, the Collector then proclaims "one down, five to go". Obviously sets up GotG, seeing as the Collector is even in the trailer for it. (oh and the second scene after the credits just shows Thor coming back to Earth so that he can make out with Jane)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - hydra has loki's scepter and avengers 2 characters ok (second scene just shows Bucky learning about his past life at the museum)

Guardians of the Galaxy - AGE OF ULTRON TRAILER!?!?!?

Last edited:

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
OMG I love Marvel! My favourite is Iron Man, since it stck to the comics well (better than Iron Man 3! Seriously, fake Mandarin!). But I'd say the best generally is Captain America 2. I loved the whole Hydra conspiracy! Tied in well with Agents Of Shield!

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend. I really don't know much about them since I don't read too many comics. I can't believe they are already planning a GotG2! I imagine the movie will do very well though.

I'm also looking forward to The Defenders and the second season of S.H.I.E.L.D. (although I hope the 2nd season is way better). I will give the Agent Carter show a chance, but I just don't know if I will be interested in it. Does anyone know if it takes place in the past (the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.) or modern day? I would assume the past, but it seems like it would basically be like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

And of course I am looking forward to Age of Ultron! I heard Joss Whedon won't be directing Avengers 3, which is bad, imo. He seems to really know what he's doing.