• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

shadowF

BCVM22

I'm telling you now; the FF reboot is doomed (pun intended). It is making all the same mistakes as the 2011 Green Lantern movie did, and is going down the same road.

It's making... approximately none of the same mistakes, unless you're trying to make the case that it was doomed the second the principal roles were cast.

Should only be a matter of time before Marvel regain the rights to FF and Spider Man...

Except for where the rights aren't tied to reviews or box office performance, meaning there's nothing on the horizon that will in and of itself force the rights to revert.

Inhumans will be just as bad as Aunt May or FF.

That's ridiculous to say at this stage. You're basing this on what, exactly?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really liked this weeks Avengers Assemble. It was great seeing Cap and Tony's bond. And it seems like the Hulk's are finally returning to Earth which I'm happy about tbh. The space stuff was cool but it was getting kind of boring.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Except for where the rights aren't tied to reviews or box office performance, meaning there's nothing on the horizon that will in and of itself force the rights to revert.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 received mixed reviews and reception from the public, the movie ranks 22 on the Superhero Total Grossing List by BoxOfficeMojo, and now the planned sequel has been delayed and Sony have no idea what to do in the mean time. I'd say unless they bring on a new director for AS3 (Which would be a very bad move considering they've stuck with Raimi for the entire series so far), they'll need to figure out what to do in the meantime without a 3rd movie. There's talk of a Sinister Six movie which could work, though it'll need at least a cameo from Garfield's Spider Man. Having an Aunt May movie would be insanely stupid.

Of course though, if nothing is planned or goes into screening in the next year or two for the series, I can see Sony negotiating a deal with Marvel to give back the rights, provided they offer a large sum since Spider Man is the the comicbook hero that is capable of grossing the most money through merchandise, cartoons movies etc. apparently.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The Amazing Spiderman 2 received mixed reviews and reception from the public, the movie ranks 22 on the Superhero Total Grossing List by BoxOfficeMojo, and now the planned sequel has been delayed and Sony have no idea what to do in the mean time. I'd say unless they bring on a new director for AS3 (Which would be a very bad move considering they've stuck with Raimi for the entire series so far), they'll need to figure out what to do in the meantime without a 3rd movie. There's talk of a Sinister Six movie which could work, though it'll need at least a cameo from Garfield's Spider Man. Having an Aunt May movie would be insanely stupid.

Of course though, if nothing is planned or goes into screening in the next year or two for the series, I can see Sony negotiating a deal with Marvel to give back the rights, provided they offer a large sum since Spider Man is the the comicbook hero that is capable of grossing the most money through merchandise, cartoons movies etc. apparently.

That is the point entirely. Why would Sony just give up Spiderman? He is the most profitable superhero in history. Sony doesn't have to make sequels or spin-offs. They can reboot the franchise just as easily as last time. They will keep the money flowing in because they don't care about the character like Marvel does. Same with Fox. Fox may have made a few decent X-Men flicks here and there, but they are doing the exact same thing Sony is doing, making a ridiculous amount of movies for financial gain and not giving a **** about the fans.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
That is the point entirely. Why would Sony just give up Spiderman? He is the most profitable superhero in history. Sony doesn't have to make sequels or spin-offs. They can reboot the franchise just as easily as last time. They will keep the money flowing in because they don't care about the character like Marvel does. Same with Fox. Fox may have made a few decent X-Men flicks here and there, but they are doing the exact same thing Sony is doing, making a ridiculous amount of movies for financial gain and not giving a **** about the fans.

There are only so many times you can reboot a movie series in so little time - If we did get another Spider Man reboot, that'd be three reboots for the character in just over a decade - that's insane and the audience would just give up trying to watch them. The movie's been delayed to 2018 at the earliest and they're unsure of how to move forward with a spinoff - that's a good four years without reigning in any money from big blockbuster movies. Compare it to how much money the Marvel movies make with two out per year.

Either Sony will step up their game or they'll sell up, they've got to act now though.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
There are only so many times you can reboot a movie series in so little time - If we did get another Spider Man reboot, that'd be three reboots for the character in just over a decade - that's insane and the audience would just give up trying to watch them. The movie's been delayed to 2018 at the earliest and they're unsure of how to move forward with a spinoff - that's a good four years without reigning in any money from big blockbuster movies. Compare it to how much money the Marvel movies make with two out per year.

Either Sony will step up their game or they'll sell up, they've got to act now though.

I disagree. I don't think they will lose that much of their audience. Nerds, maybe. But we make up such a small fraction of their consumer base. I believe that people will go see any Spiderman movie because it's a Spiderman movie. Regular movie-goers don't know the stories like the comic readers and can just accept whatever story is thrown at them. As for comparing how much money Marvel and Sony make seems irrelevant to me. Until Marvel decides they want to pay Sony the amount of multiple years' worth of Spiderman (around $2.5 billion, almost the entire net profit of the Avengers film and Iron Man 3 combined) then Sony will continue to keep on milking the cash cow that is Spiderman.

phanpycross

God-king
Anybody here keeping up with the marvel comic books?

The current storyline going on is called AXIS, Put simply (really hard for these events) Red onslaught (Red skull with the brain of professor X) has been making death camps to kill mutants, the avengers show up, some magic explosion happens, and the heroes and villains end up "inverted".

The heroes arent exactly "evil" right now, they are just way less moral, meaning they capture and torture their own teammates, and this issue Captain america tried to break Spider-man's neck O_O

Iron man is prolly the worst right now, He essentially ditches the avengers, goes to san francisco, and creates an app that essentially makes you immortal and makes you look how you've always wanted, but puts up a paywall to using it after a week, which means the entirety of san francisco is now paying up to Tony stark.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT

The current storyline going on is called AXIS, Put simply (really hard for these events) Red onslaught (Red skull with the brain of professor X) has been making death camps to kill mutants, the avengers show up, some magic explosion happens, and the heroes and villains end up "inverted".

The heroes arent exactly "evil" right now, they are just way less moral, meaning they capture and torture their own teammates, and this issue Captain america tried to break Spider-man's neck O_O

Iron man is prolly the worst right now, He essentially ditches the avengers, goes to san francisco, and creates an app that essentially makes you immortal and makes you look how you've always wanted, but puts up a paywall to using it after a week, which means the entirety of san francisco is now paying up to Tony stark.
Axis tie ins are pretty nice like the Superior Iron Man and Hobgoblin. The Inversion thing seems to be doing well for some not so well for others. Spider-Man is kinda busy with his own event and tie ins though.
Although all these events seem like filler for the Incursion event that's been going on that will conclude in the new Secret Wars Event which will basically be Event: The Events. At this point I'm pretty dazed by it all.

shadowF

I hope the new astonishing avengers team has nova in it but it probably wont with what the hulk did to him in the last issue. also these are the people up for x-men apocalypse for Cyclops and jean, the hean side looks great but the male side is just horrible if I had to choose use ben hardy fox. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57188

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
The only current Marvel stuff I'm currently reading is Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. When February comes around I'll be adding Silk and Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl to that list.

Read the first couple of issues of Axis, and got bored of it since it's essentially Marvel's version of DC's Forever Evil.

Thinking about picking up Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe some Avengers and X-Men stuff as well.

As for back issues. I just finished up Age of Ultron and about to start Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet.

shadowF

It doesn't.

The book isn't called Astonishing Avengers - it's just a new volume of Uncanny.

wait so those are the guys who fight the x-men in AXIS#7? wow, to be honest AXIS is that great in my opinion since there are no high stakes involved. I wonder if iron man will still be inversed when this event ends.

phanpycross

God-king
wait so those are the guys who fight the x-men in AXIS#7? wow, to be honest AXIS is that great in my opinion since there are no high stakes involved. I wonder if iron man will still be inversed when this event ends.

The stakes are the world being destroyed in a Humans vs. Muntants war?

Id say that's really big IMO.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The stakes are the world being destroyed in a Humans vs. Muntants war?

Id say that's really big IMO.
World ending crises happen every tuesday in the marvel world. I think the Times Runs Out event is a bigger issue then Axis.

Last edited:

shadowF

V

Shiny Hunter
Wade Wilson. Wade Wilson Wade Wislson Wade Wilson! I would marry him, horrible scarring, extensive mental and emotional instabilities, and obsession with Mexican food (I don't deal well with spicy) and all! I love him :) SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE MOVIE I hope they don't ruin him, but I'll take what I can get. That "leaked" trailer had me super giddy.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I know this is old. But I'm excited that GotG is getting an animated show! Can't wait to see it. :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG that episode was so intense!!! It was nice to finally see Skye in action though :). God I hate Ward, still it's nice to know Hydra doesn't trust him just like Shield never will. I hope they kill him off soon, seriously I can't stand seeing his smug arrogant face on my screen.

Janovy

Banned
Next week: Inhumans?

Can't wait to find out! :)