• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Genos

The Indigo Disk

rocky505

Can it please be May 2016 already? Black Panther already looks awesome even though he was barely shown.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Janovy

Banned
Finished Jessica Jones, great show! I wish Matt made an appearance - I want Daredevil!!!

Also that trailer looked dope.

Janovy

Banned
I don't know, ever since Marvel decided to release the Infinity War teaser, all these films from MCU just seem like chump change till that gets released.
Unlike Age of Ultron, this movie doesn't really seem to be setting anything up. So it should be one well-written, solid plot.

BCVM22

I don't know, ever since Marvel decided to release the Infinity War teaser, all these films from MCU just seem like chump change till that gets released.

Infinity War is the endgame. We have to get there somehow, and I suspect that by the end of Civil War, the terrestrial corner of the MCU will have changed violently and drastically, even more so than it had by the end of The Winter Soldier. Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians vol. 2, among others in Phase Three, will no doubt advance the cosmic side of the MCU similarly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Two things, thank god Fox dropped FF2. And DAT TRAILER!

Also, why's Capt being arrested in Italy? I mean look at that Audi's license plate! Wait, Audi? Audi?? Audi??? This can't be productplacement, can it?

I also have a sincere question, should I watch DD before I watch JJ?

Unlike Age of Ultron, this movie doesn't really seem to be setting anything up. So it should be one well-written, solid plot.

Seems to me that there's plenty of set-up here for later movies. We get introduced to Black Panther, we get introduced to the new Spiderman (iirc) and there's a massive shift in the Avengers, considering the Iron Man/Capt-split and who sticks with whom.

Infinity War is the endgame. We have to get there somehow, and I suspect that by the end of Civil War, the terrestrial corner of the MCU will have changed violently and drastically, even more so than it had by the end of The Winter Soldier. Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians vol. 2, among others in Phase Three, will no doubt advance the cosmic side of the MCU similarly.

I hope to Loki that Ragnarok won't be as bad as Thor2.. And I hope that I can still stand Chris Pratt after Jurassic World gave him even more exposure than Guardians did, but I'm sure they'll do fine with that movie.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Seems to me that there's plenty of set-up here for later movies. We get introduced to Black Panther, we get introduced to the new Spiderman (iirc) and there's a massive shift in the Avengers, considering the Iron Man/Capt-split and who sticks with whom.
Yeah, but it won't feel....out of place. For example, the setup for Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity Wars felt so random in AOU and disconnected from the main plot.

Black Panther will probably have legit reasons for going after Bucky so that too will feel connected to the plot.

Locormus

Yeah, but it won't feel....out of place. For example, the setup for Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity Wars felt so random in AOU and disconnected from the main plot.

Black Panther will probably have legit reasons for going after Bucky so that too will feel connected to the plot.

It's going to be the VibraniArm..

In the trailer, there's this scene with ScarJo in what looks like a more exotic location. Is she going to Wakanda?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Two things, thank god Fox dropped FF2. And DAT TRAILER!

Also, why's Capt being arrested in Italy? I mean look at that Audi's license plate! Wait, Audi? Audi?? Audi??? This can't be productplacement, can it?

I also have a sincere question, should I watch DD before I watch JJ?

I hope to Loki that Ragnarok won't be as bad as Thor2.. And I hope that I can still stand Chris Pratt after Jurassic World gave him even more exposure than Guardians did, but I'm sure they'll do fine with that movie.

You haven't watch Daredevil yet :O?!?!?

Also I have a question, is Jessica Jones worth it action wise?? I watched the first episode and it was fairly boring in that regard. Does it improve??

Janovy

Banned
Also I have a question, is Jessica Jones worth it action wise?? I watched the first episode and it was fairly boring in that regard. Does it improve??
I can tell you not to expect Daredevil-level of action and fighting, the fights are overall weaker. Unlike Daredevil, Jessica has super strength which means she has to hold back in order not to accidentally kill people. She also doesn't seem to be as well-trained in combat as Matt which also factors into her fighting skills.

I mean, I didn't have a problem with the action in JJ, but it wasn't as good as DD's.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I can tell you not to expect Daredevil-level of action and fighting, the fights are overall weaker. Unlike Daredevil, Jessica has super strength which means she has to hold back in order not to accidentally kill people. She also doesn't seem to be as well-trained in combat as Matt which also factors into her fighting skills.

I mean, I didn't have a problem with the action in JJ, but it wasn't as good as DD's.

Is there at least fighting in every episode or is it just here and there??

Janovy

Banned
There's fighting in most of the episodes, especially as the plot begins to thicken.

You can already expect an amusing fight in episode two. The presence of superpowers is what makes it amusing.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't even know there was a trailer out for the new Captain America movie. The trailer looks good. Hope it's better then Age of Ultron. Too bad there's Spider-man in this. I would have loved to have see the Iron Spider suit as well. But overall wicked cool trailer, Black Panther looked amazing and he wasn't even doing that much so I'm excited. Civil War was a pretty cool Marvel arc in the comics so I'm hoping the movie will be just as cool.

randomspot555

If you're watching Jessica Jones for superpowers and fights, you'll be disappointed. Jessica is a retired superhero. As she says, she isn't hiding but she isn't advertising them either. She has deep trauma in her past and that's ultimately what the series is about. It just so happens that she also has superpowers and uses them occasionally.

As others have mentioned, she isn't a trained fighter so she isn't going to be ninja-ing people like Daredevil is. If she was, it wouldn't fit her character. In fact, I'd go so far as to say every time she does go up against someone either with powers or a high skill set, she gets her *** kicked or only wins by sheer luck. This is shown as early as episode 3, where Trish (no powers) easily picks up Jessica and drops her onto a gym mat.

Locormus

You haven't watch Daredevil yet :O?!?!?

Honestly, two things:
1. I just don't seem to find the time to sit through episodes much..
2. I've tried the first episode, but it was a forced sit through a few months back. If I'm going to watch it, I'll have to do the same again.
3. Perhaps I'm not invested in Daredevil enough?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly, two things:
1. I just don't seem to find the time to sit through episodes much..
2. I've tried the first episode, but it was a forced sit through a few months back. If I'm going to watch it, I'll have to do the same again.
3. Perhaps I'm not invested in Daredevil enough?

Honestly you should watch it man, if you want kick *** action, it's pretty much the best on TV in terms of comic shows right now.