• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Joker was amazing, so more of that please. Loki is getting his own series this May - following the Loki from the Endgame Timeheist-timeline that got away with the Tesseract. Basically he's up to no good and the 'time-cops' are going after him (figurehead played by Owen Wilson). Basically the anti-hero story ala Suicide Squad. Which has a Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy 1,2&3) directed sequel coming this or next year. Which is amazing, since technically the Guardians are anti-heroes as well - or they were. Also Paul Rudd has done jailtime, but I wouldn't necessarily classify him as an antihero, but a hero with a problematic background that at the time does the right things for the right reasons.

Venom 2 is called Venom: Let there be Carnage. Which is coming out in June, so we'll likely get a trailer in a couple of months. Woody Harrelson is cast as Cletus Kasady and you can already see him in the endcredits of Venom (1). The other symbiotes will likely get into the fray during Venom 3.

Thank you for the reply, personally I'm not a big fan of the Thor verse and prefer to use the puny god tag to Loki. He's just a stuck up teen with god powers. Either that or his portrayal or actor just give me this impression. Don't get me started on suicide squad pls, I did very much enjoy guardians of the galaxy. While not the biggest Guardins fan, I will see the movie when I have the chance. about the Joker portrayal, some were good, some were amazing and one other was horrible...

It's great to see that the next venom movie will have carnage, that end scene wasn't just for the trolls. I always like the sybiotes from the Spiderman series. Venom and carnage mix as well as fire and fuel so it's going to be great.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Thank you for the reply, personally I'm not a big fan of the Thor verse and prefer to use the puny god tag to Loki. He's just a stuck up teen with god powers. Either that or his portrayal or actor just give me this impression. Don't get me started on suicide squad pls, I did very much enjoy guardians of the galaxy. While not the biggest Guardins fan, I will see the movie when I have the chance. about the Joker portrayal, some were good, some were amazing and one other was horrible...

It's great to see that the next venom movie will have carnage, that end scene wasn't just for the trolls. I always like the sybiotes from the Spiderman series. Venom and carnage mix as well as fire and fuel so it's going to be great.

Tom Hiddleston in all respects is widely regarded as doing a great job with Loki. If you don't like the character that's fine, but the general consensus is that Tom is a class A asset for the MCU. If it wasn't for his popularity he wouldn't have gotten this Disney+ series and the character is quite dynamic in terms of development over the course of Thor1, Avengers, DarkWorld, Ragnarok and finally concluding in Infinity War. But yeah, the Disney+ Loki will be the one from Avengers, so all that development can be scratched when watching the new show. Which isn't bad since there was nowhere left for him to develop to.

The character is definitely snobby, but it's an act because he always felt as if daddy Odin favored Thor more. Little did he know of his own parentage (and when he does he lashes out because he feels imprisoned and lied to) - or even of daddy's problematic history with his children (Hella).

It's not so much about the Suicide Squad, but more how Loki needs to (eventually) needs to work together with the Time Cops (kinda how the Suicide Squad members work together with Viola Davis' character to whipe years off their sentences. The sequal to Suicide Squad will probably be better because James Gunn is directing it as opposed to the first installment - his trackrecord with the Guardians of the Galaxy shows us that he can do an ensemble movie with antihero-characters right and create gripping characters.

I'm not talking about the Joker-portrayel. I'm talking about the Joaquin Phoenix-movie. Which was an excellent take on the story and character driven. I'm guessing we can all agree the Leto-version was bad.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Tom Hiddleston in all respects is widely regarded as doing a great job with Loki. If you don't like the character that's fine, but the general consensus is that Tom is a class A asset for the MCU. If it wasn't for his popularity he wouldn't have gotten this Disney+ series and the character is quite dynamic in terms of development over the course of Thor1, Avengers, DarkWorld, Ragnarok and finally concluding in Infinity War. But yeah, the Disney+ Loki will be the one from Avengers, so all that development can be scratched when watching the new show. Which isn't bad since there was nowhere left for him to develop to.

The character is definitely snobby, but it's an act because he always felt as if daddy Odin favored Thor more. Little did he know of his own parentage (and when he does he lashes out because he feels imprisoned and lied to) - or even of daddy's problematic history with his children (Hella).

It's not so much about the Suicide Squad, but more how Loki needs to (eventually) needs to work together with the Time Cops (kinda how the Suicide Squad members work together with Viola Davis' character to whipe years off their sentences. The sequal to Suicide Squad will probably be better because James Gunn is directing it as opposed to the first installment - his trackrecord with the Guardians of the Galaxy shows us that he can do an ensemble movie with antihero-characters right and create gripping characters.

I'm not talking about the Joker-portrayel. I'm talking about the Joaquin Phoenix-movie. Which was an excellent take on the story and character driven. I'm guessing we can all agree the Leto-version was bad.

im not crapping on loki actor but i just never really liked the character to begin with for whatever reason. its hard to explain but it might be by his snobby behavior as you mentioned in regarding to his adoptive father. i just dont like that character trait. he does a great portrayal as loki but its still loki to me in the end. i will take your word regarding his future actions with the time cops. i was more spiderman, superman (before Snyder era, not fan of snyder at all), fantastic 4 , Xmen and iron man series. between all of these i didnt have much time for the Thor verse.

im sure that James Gunn can make a better sequel to suicide squad. the first was a big meh. i havent really seen many movies in the last few years, the Joaquin Phoenix Joker wasnt on that list. i tend to procrastinate on taking time to see the film and when i ready its near the end of its run or out of the cycle. Heath Ledger stands out as one of the best but i guess thats debatable if you try to compare it to Joaquin Phoenix at this point as i didnt see that one. i will likely see it when it plays on the TV.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So Disney+ released the first two episodes of their new.... docuseries? Well more like montage collection of MCU movie scenes. The first episode is "Wanda Maximoff", and the second episode is "Vision"...

Nothing new... no behind the scenes... no bloopers... no interviews...

Disney+ is either sort of reaching or building up for the main Event

Locormus

So Disney+ released the first two episodes of their new.... docuseries? Well more like montage collection of MCU movie scenes. The first episode is "Wanda Maximoff", and the second episode is "Vision"...

Nothing new... no behind the scenes... no bloopers... no interviews...

Disney+ is either sort of reaching or building up for the main Event

It's just a refresher-montage with a few insights by the production team iirc. I mean it's been a while since we've seen them... Kinda how Game of Thrones had those shorts in which they brought you up to speed for the coming season. I don't know if these will be made for the movies as well.

This is what I'm expecting:
- Wanda + Vision -> WandaVision
- Loki -> Loki*
- Bucky + Sam -> Falcon&WinterSoldier

*Jeez, these series have very original names.. xD

I still haven't subscribed yet, but I'm edging towards signing up after the first WV-episode goes live, maybe after the second so I can watch two in a row (assuming the first episode to be slow and mostly trailer material).

Nyter

Island Challenger
It's just a refresher-montage with a few insights by the production team iirc. I mean it's been a while since we've seen them... Kinda how Game of Thrones had those shorts in which they brought you up to speed for the coming season. I don't know if these will be made for the movies as well.

This is what I'm expecting:
- Wanda + Vision -> WandaVision
- Loki -> Loki*
- Bucky + Sam -> Falcon&WinterSoldier

*Jeez, these series have very original names.. xD

I still haven't subscribed yet, but I'm edging towards signing up after the first WV-episode goes live, maybe after the second so I can watch two in a row (assuming the first episode to be slow and mostly trailer material).
Haha the creativity.

I believe the first 2 episodes will be released this friday.

Locormus

Locormus

Nope. We get the double whammy :) They confirmed it on the Disney+ IG
They really spoiling us good!

I can't sleep cause of it

Wow! That's amazing! Going to dip out of this thread for now since spoilers are likely to show up any time now..

But even so, I'm still eagerly awaiting BlackWidow. That should've been our return to the mcu during these times, but I guess that there's no reason to hold grudges because it's obvious why it isn't an option...

Nyter

Island Challenger
Wow! That's amazing! Going to dip out of this thread for now since spoilers are likely to show up any time now..

But even so, I'm still eagerly awaiting BlackWidow. That should've been our return to the mcu during these times, but I guess that there's no reason to hold grudges because it's obvious why it isn't an option...
Yeah. Im not gonna lie, I would have payed premier access for Black Widow on Disney + but Kevin Feige reiterated how he is going to stick to its theatrical release later this year. He wants it to be a smash hit like most other MCU movies on the big screen.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Watched the first two episodes.

That was pretty good. I liked both episodes, and I really like the sitcom style of it all, it feels genuinely authentic. I wish I could binge it, but I suppose weekly episodes will be a fun experience too.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I liked Wandavision so far, even though I feel like some of the humor was a little cringe in my opinion. I know sitcoms do that sometimes but it’s just personal opinion. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont have disney plus nor are considering it but they were playing the promos for something called wandavision and im like WTH. its not a sitcom but it rhymes with a certain brown soft serve ice cream serving. i hate sitcoms and i call then a slightly different term. i seriously question a show if they need to fall to a bland sitcom format. sitcoms are where shows go to die, though these singing and dancing shows are also cheap entertainment. this whole thing about having anonymous singer and dancers, dont get me started.

everything these days is either a sitcom, a reality show, locking people up on an island or big house, having them perform a singing or dancing or some trashy "im so famous just because in rich or priviledged" show. disney has enough money to make an action show and they go turn it into a s*itcom, yeah i got no sympathy for them. i though it was a joke trailer when i first saw it on tv...

for the record, ive hated sitcoms for atleast 10yrs and avoid them like the plague, the producers just saw that they can whip up a reality series for a fraction of the cost and said to hell with trying to make a quality show after that.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
WandaVision was... interesting. I find it almost like a Parody to sitcoms... and I know it will all make sense later but this is definitely going slow in terms of development. We will see what awaits us next week.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They just need move on from the sitcom **** to the real world like we all get it at this point Wanda is traumatized to created her whole happy go lucky world where she's in control, next lol.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Looking back on 2020 I've realized the lack of anything related to the MCU due to COVID is both a good and a bad thing. These are just my thoughts on the matter:

I see the delays as good because it gave us more time to digest what happened in Endgame. Aswell as giving us time to speculate what comes next?

On the contrary I can see the delays as bad because the lack any content or news was excruciating. Black Widow being the next film an interquel between Civil War and Infinity War doesn't push the whole series forward, it just keeps it stagnant.

Anyways I'm glad we're finally getting some new content in the shows. Hopefully the movies wont be delayed anymore aswell!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Looking back on 2020 I've realized the lack of anything related to the MCU due to COVID is both a good and a bad thing. These are just my thoughts on the matter:

I see the delays as good because it gave us more time to digest what happened in Endgame. Aswell as giving us time to speculate what comes next?

On the contrary I can see the delays as bad because the lack any content or news was excruciating. Black Widow being the next film an interquel between Civil War and Infinity War doesn't push the whole series forward, it just keeps it stagnant.

Anyways I'm glad we're finally getting some new content in the shows. Hopefully the movies wont be delayed anymore aswell!

They need to just put Black Widow on Disney+ and get it over with lol.

Anyways Wandavision was amazing last night, we are finally getting somewhere lol.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thank you WandaVision for reminding me why Darcy is the only good Thor Earthling.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Holy **** wtf was that ending :O!!!!! Ya'll this show is really becoming awesome!!!!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's not Age of Ultron Pietro, that's the X-Men movies Quicksilver. ...Is this how Mutants are showing up?