• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Morax

King of heroes
Come on, you would've needed to blind if you didn't understand that Agnes wasn't who she said she was (even with no knowledge of the comics). I mean I get that they played it as a mystery, but it was pretty clear that Agnes didn't have the best intentions. Seeing how it would unfold was the interesting part, but when 'Agatha all along' happened, it was more of a confirmation and not a shocking twist. From the onset of Monica being revealed it was obvious she would get her superpowers here. That only left the Hex, but one could tell that it was Wanda's doing pretty easily. I don't know what else 'mystery'-bit could get you excited. Maybe whether or not her children would survive/Pietro, but again, those weren't in episode 1 or 2 (well, I guess the pregnancy happened at the end of 2), but the birth didn't.
Why would you try so hard to logically evaluate an opinion lol? It's just my preference

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I liked Wandavision better when it was called Pokemon 3: The Movie.

Seriously though, I haven't gotten to watch the whole series yet, and I'm not sure that I ever will. There's just so much to unpack and the only other piece of MCU media I've seen so far is Iron Man 2. But reading about its concepts and analysis on grief intrigued me and what I saw did a good job in that regard. If it were a standalone movie I could even see it changing Scorcese's mind; they did a really good job digging into Wanda's character and the others (Vision and Pietro posthumously, Westview to an extent though I thought their monologues to Wanda were cheesy) by proxy.

Agnes/Agatha also really stole the show for me, even though I spent too much time thinking she was Ana Gasteyer at first.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why would you try so hard to logically evaluate an opinion lol? It's just my preference

Because that's what you do on a forum? You discuss opinions based on arguments? And again, I'm not trying to persuade you into thinking otherwise and you're definitely entitled to your opinion. You started off with arguing that FatWS' plot wasn't up to par, so all I'm saying is that that particular opinion/argument is unfounded at this time, especially since much of WandaVision's plot hadn't kicked off yet when it's first two episodes had aired.

Locormus

Really? I just upvote posts i like and ignore what i dislike.

I predate Reddit, upvoting means nothing to me.. :p

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So...is Wanda Maximoff guilty of rape by definition of unwanted entry into a personage or personages by another?

Because, by mentally invading the citizens of Westview without their permission and turning them into pleasure puppets, she could be convicted of rape if the MCU had the guts to try and set a bold precedent for when other telepaths come into it.

I'm not joking.

If Star Trek taught us anything, mind rape is still rape, and she should be imprisoned and/or executing for doing such.

Morax

King of heroes
So...is Wanda Maximoff guilty of rape by definition of unwanted entry into a personage or personages by another?

Because, by mentally invading the citizens of Westview without their permission and turning them into pleasure puppets, she could be convicted of rape if the MCU had the guts to try and set a bold precedent for when other telepaths come into it.

I'm not joking.

If Star Trek taught us anything, mind rape is still rape, and she should be imprisoned and/or executing for doing such.
it's not rape when girls do it :p

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I think he’s joking... I hope...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's cut out the arguing and get back to show discussion. Thanks.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
In other news Black Widow has been delayed again, this time to July 9th. Additionally it'll be available on Disney+ for the cost of their "Premier Access" upgrade.

At this point I just want them to stick to one date and release the film. If I can get a vaccine by summer then I'll glady see it in theaters.

Locormus

In other news Black Widow has been delayed again, this time to July 9th. Additionally it'll be available on Disney+ for the cost of their "Premier Access" upgrade.

At this point I just want them to stick to one date and release the film. If I can get a vaccine by summer then I'll glady see it in theaters.

This sucks. I mean, I'm definitely on the fence with regards to the premier access.
- 1. It's about twice to three times the fee I'd pay for a single visit. I usually go to theatres alone (because only then can I truly have a blankslate experience)
- 2. I don't have the audio/room to be fully able to appreciate the movie. I mean my son has a hamster that literally goes HAM on a treadwheel whenever the kids are asleep and I want to watch a movie/show.
- 3. As a positive, I could see it multiple times/pinpoint sections I'd like to rewatch immediately after viewing.

I thought they were reaching a deadline and had to make a decision shortly on what to do with the movie. I didn't think postponement #298 was an option. -.-

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's still in theaters, I'm gonna go see it there rather than pay extra money. It is about time they admitted defeat and put it on Disney Plus though, just release the movie already. It was supposed to be out in March 2020, it was already done. But nah, keep delaying it cause the 'unending pandemic might actually end and people will go see it in the theatre!'
If the movie needed work like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, delaying it would have been accepted. But no, it was done and ready, they delayed it over a year and several months when people have been begging for a Black Widow movie since the MCU began! -_-
It'd be nice if Disney offered a package that was a bit more per month but let you see new movies when they're put out like HBO max at no extra cost. Paying $30 when you already paid for the service is just insulting, it's a one view too. I'd only do that if it was Spider-Man as I'd want to go in blind but idk where Sony will release it if at all on a streaming service.

I feel like Sharon Carter is the Power Broker but that could be a red herring
Absolutely love Zemo in this week's episode, I'm 100% all in for Thunderbolts if he's the lead character.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
See I told ya'll you need to give the new show a chance lol. This weeks episode was awesome, I mean Sharon kicked all the ass <3!!!!

Also Wakanda is in the house next episode, the show is getting good, can't wait to see Sam suit up as Cap though.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Curtiss Jackson is ALWAYS the Power Broker.

The question is whether it'll be the grossly overmuscled version, or a version based on the newer power broker, with the pink skintight armor and pink energy balls.

Gotta love the Smiling Tiger reverence. Are we getting Night Thrasher, Silhouette and their villains, the Folding Circle, soon?

Locormus

Loved the episode! Best thing was the show apparently taking massive cues from John Wick. From the initial bar fight, to the bounties getting put on their heads and everybody turning into an assassin - to Sharon's fight's cinematography/choreography.

EDIT: And then you read up and come across a bit of trivia and you realize that the creator of the John Wick-franchise actually WROTE this episode of FaTWS. That makes so much sense!

Loved the Wakanda connection! It harkens back to how they went after Claw immediately after knowing where he was going to be. And in their eyes Zemo would definitely be in the same category. So it feels really fitting, heck it would be a plothole if they WEREN'T going to show up. But you only realize it after they wrote it in, that's a massive compliment to the writing.

That being said, the episode felt kinda slow at moments. Don't know why and I can't pinpoint many scenes that dragged, aside from maybe the some exposition scenes to Madripoor. Maybe it had to do with Bruhl's delivery.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Dayum, this new cap is crazy crazy ya'll, guess we know why Sam gets the shield back lol.

Also it was satisfying as hell watching the Wakanda warriors beat his ass. I have to say, I love how this series is letting the women shine in the fight scenes, this week on top of last weeks awesome fight scene with Sharon :).