• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dayum, this new cap is crazy crazy ya'll, guess we know why Sam gets the shield back lol.

Also it was satisfying as hell watching the Wakanda warriors beat his ass. I have to say, I love how this series is letting the women shine in the fight scenes, this week on top of last weeks awesome fight scene with Sharon :).

I'm still shocked by how viceral they made that scene. The serum enhances the entire person. We saw that Walker was always 'edgy', so that gets enhanced and then this is the result.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm still shocked by how viceral they made that scene. The serum enhances the entire person. We saw that Walker was always 'edgy', so that gets enhanced and then this is the result.

I'm still shocked he didn't chop the dudes head off like Thor did to Thanos, I thought that's where it was going.

Now I hope even with the serum that Sam and Bucky kick his ass smh.

Locormus

I'm still shocked he didn't chop the dudes head off like Thor did to Thanos, I thought that's where it was going.

Now I hope even with the serum that Sam and Bucky kick his ass smh.

They probably will. :p

I'm still looking forward to the resolution to this situation.

I mean even if Sam can persuade Karli to stop hurting innocent people, that doesn't change that there's a very real problem that needs to be addressed. And that is the problem that social structures had been deconstructed and now have to be reshaped.

And even if she changes her ways.. 'Powerbroker' still wants her dead - and I don't think Sam and Bucky will let that happen if she does end up getting talk-no-jutsu'd. So I'm guessing we'll be going back to Madripore sometime in the next two episodes. Sharon's storyline also needs to be tied up - as well as Bucky being filmed during the bar fight (which is against the terms of his parole). So I'm assuming tensions will rise and pressure will be put on Sam/Bucky from US/UN/Wakanda point of view.

Also, Zemo.. Chachacha.. xD

Also also, Wakanda.

Also also also, when did we go from naming kids Carly to Karli? Was it Mean Girls that made us switch-up all the letters of the common names?

Locormus

She's a genderbent adaptation of the comics' Flag-Smasher, a singular individual whose real name was Karl Morgenthau and whose mission was the same as the MCU's loose organization of Blip-displaced individuals.

Yeah okay. But I always thought that evenso Carl was the normal spelling? :p

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And Zemo's back in prison, guess he'll stay there until Thunderbolts. I was hoping we'd get more than that but hopefully the wait for Thunderbolts won't be too long
And Torres will likely be 'Falcon' next time we see him, great!

I'm more hyped to see US Agent than Sam's costume tbh, I've always loved the character. Curious where he'll end up, same with Sharon 'Powerbroker' Carter.

Locormus

Shang-Chi trailer was just dropped!

Honestly, they should've waited until next week, since now I'm still on that FatWS-hype train. A lot of the YouTube-outlets are also still providing said hype for the final episode and now they're changing direction for the Shang-Chi-trailer coverage.

My reaction to it was tepid. Some of the scene-mashing just felt off and the last 'jab' of 'we make a good team' fell flat to me. I also thought that the Mandarin was doing his best Thanos impression during the monologue. From the shots of the trailer, it makes me feel as if this movie is going to be all over the place: a rl/scientific/martialartist/magical rollercoaster and I'm not sure if it's going to crash or not.

Also, Sony with the Spiderverse-reveal.

Makes me feel kinda said for FatWS atm that their final episode is getting snowballed.

The character was Swiss in origin and "Karl" is a fairly common European spelling.

More like Karel (I'm Dutch, that's the way we spell it), but I'll take it.

Zoruagible

I never thought I could get excited for a Shang-Chi movie, I was never much a fan of the character in the comics but this looks great!
Here's hoping that this is a gateway to get Iron Fist back in like Matt Murdock's appearing in Spider-Man! Maybe Iron Fist can actually fight a dragon now :p

Shang-Chi trailer was just dropped!

Honestly, they should've waited until next week, since now I'm still on that FatWS-hype train. A lot of the YouTube-outlets are also still providing said hype for the final episode and now they're changing direction for the Shang-Chi-trailer coverage.

My reaction to it was tepid. Some of the scene-mashing just felt off and the last 'jab' of 'we make a good team' fell flat to me. I also thought that the Mandarin was doing his best Thanos impression during the monologue. From the shots of the trailer, it makes me feel as if this movie is going to be all over the place: a rl/scientific/martialartist/magical rollercoaster and I'm not sure if it's going to crash or not.

Also, Sony with the Spiderverse-reveal.

Makes me feel kinda said for FatWS atm that their final episode is getting snowballed.

More like Karel (I'm Dutch, that's the way we spell it), but I'll take it.
It was the lead actor's birthday, that's why they didn't wait.
It was a pretty cool move

Locormus

I never thought I could get excited for a Shang-Chi movie, I was never much a fan of the character in the comics but this looks great!
Here's hoping that this is a gateway to get Iron Fist back in like Matt Murdock's appearing in Spider-Man! Maybe Iron Fist can actually fight a dragon now :p

It was the lead actor's birthday, that's why they didn't wait.
It was a pretty cool move

To be honest, I need a bit more to get me hyped. Between FatWS finale, BlackWidow and SpiderMan - and DoctorStrange2, it is probably last in my 'what gets my juices going'-scale. Don't get me wrong, it will definitely increase once we have more details, but for now I'm ready to leave this as is.

There's one thing though. The cage-fight we see in the trailer is actually in Madripoor - as there's the Madripoorian flag in the background. Which means Shang-Chi will go to Madripoor. Who else do we know is in Madripoor? The Powerbroker. Could Shang-Chi's father be both the Mandarin - and the Powerbroker?

Could we get this reveal in episode 6 of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and could that be the reason why they revealed the trailer before the finale? WHO KNOWS. But that certainly is the kind of MCU'y interconnected storythreading that does get me hyped. :D

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
My long view of MCU movies and TV shows and their scores, what I am planning to watch and my hype elements.

1. MCU movies:
1.Iron man 1 - really good movie and good start of this great franchise. This movies easily gets 7.5/10.
2. Hulk - this movie is really meh. It kinda feels out of MCU phase but it is, 5.5/10
3. Iron Man 2 - better than Iron Man 1 - 8/10
4.Thor - it's pretty good movie , nothing that special 7.5/10
5. CA:TFA - I really like war theme of this movie, easily 8/10
6.Avengers - 9/10, One of the best MCU movies to date, really like jokes, good action and it's first movie to introduce group heroes.
Phase 1 final score : 7.6/10, It would've been 8/10 if Hulk movie was actually good.

7. Iron man 3- this movie worse than both 1 and 2 with score of 7/10. Only last fight scene or last act that great, beginning of the movie and up that point was OK.
8.Thor: TDW - Worse than Thor 1 , same as Iron Man 3 aka 7/10
9.CA: TWS: 9/10 Easily, one of the best MCU movies to date along with Avengers.
10. GOTG: 7.5/10 Everything in this movie is great but last dance-off battle. One of the best comedies in MCU.
11.Age of Ultron: This movie is so weaker than Avengers it's not even funny 7.5/10
12. Ant-Man: It's good movie and villain is great action scenes are good , 7/10
Final score: 7.5/10 sadly, Phase 1 is better than Phase 2 but not that much, like a bit

13. Civil War: 9.5/10. Amazing movie
14.Doctor Strange: 7/10, I really like magic that this movie presents.
15. GOTG Vol 2= 7.5/10, Jokes in this movie are worse than in GOTG1 but final fight is much better than GOTG 1
16. Spider-Man Homecoming: 7.5/10. This movie is good but despite Spidey being my favorite hero, I feel like humor was really childish.
17. Ragnarok = 8/10. Humor was really good and action too
18.Black Panther = 7.5/10 this would have been higher if that last fight scene was better CGI'd.
19. Infinity War= 9.5/10 Amazing movie
20. Ant man and Wasp = 6.5/10 this movie is worse than Ant Man because of uninteresting villain.
21. Captain Marvel 2= 6.5/10. This is OK movie, TBH, Nick carried it, it here wasn't for Nick and Talos, this probably would been bit better than Hulk movie
22. Endgame = 8/10 This movie would've been better if it didn't have some cringe moments in it, also jokes weren't that good compared to IW.
23. Far From Home = 7.5/10 I think this movie is as good as Homecoming.
Final Phase 3 score: 7.7/10
So Phase 3 > Phase 1 > Phase 2 IMO

As of TV shows:
I have tried to watch Netflix ones and I dropped all of them, they're boring uninteresting to me, I mean even if per say Ant Man movies had bad jokes I still chuckled at some they keep me interesting. But here, nothing, almost no jokes in 1 hour long series.Action scenes aren't that good.

WandaVision is easily 9/10 series, I like it. FaTWS is 8.5/10. I like WV better than Falcon.

What I am planning to watch:
Series:
1.Agent Carter, it's produced by Kevin Feige so it ought be good.
2. I will give a chance to Agents of Shield like I did to Netflix series. if it's good I will watch it if it's boring: drop it.
3.Inhumans: try
4.Helstrom: try
5.Runaways: try
6.Cloak and Dagger: try

Loki: I am so hyped for this
Hawkeye: same
Mrs Marvel: Meh, not hyped but I will probably watch it
She- Hulk: Meh, If DD is here I will be hyped
What IF: not really since it's animated
Moon Knight: Hyped
Secret Invasion: Hyped
GOTG HS: Ok
Armor Wars: Hyped
IronHeart: OK
Echo and Wakanda: kinda hyped

As of movies:
1. BW: kinda hyped because it happening before Endgame( won't watch in cinema)
2. Shang Chi: Hyped ( will watch in cinema)
3. Eternals: not really ( won't watch in cinema)
4. NWH: LET'S GOOOOO ( will watch it)
5.MoM: Hype ( will watch it)
6. Thor 4: not really/it depends if Jane Foster will be Thor in beginning or end. If it's beginning I am not hype at all, if the end, I am kinda hyped.( probably not watch in cinema)
7.BP: it depends - if women becomes BP I am done with it, if men continues being BP like it should count me in
8. CM2: it depends if it's Civil War event: I will watch it, if it's not meh
9.Ant Man 3: not really, since both Ant man movies are 6/10 for me ( won't watch it in cinemas)
10. GoTG 3 is hype
11. F4 is hype
12. Blade is hype.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

That ending felt WAY better than Wandavision

Everything tied up nicely while giving hints at where characters will go in the future. No White Vision nonsense where somebody just disappears
I love that Walker teamed up with them in the end and they didn't decide to make him a villain to 'fit the modern era' or some nonsense
And it was cool seeing the supporting cast like Torres and Bradley watching Sam's speech on the television while Zemo got one final laugh against the villains

Glad that Flash Smasher girl is gone, never did like her. She got what she deserved
Hopefully Torres appears more in the sequel/season 2

Now the wait for Loki begins, I'm still debating in my head rather they'll bring Loki back into the main universe or not. A Thor movie without Loki just feels bizarre.... Zeus is in Thor 4 though! Quite fitting that there are other 'Gods' when a character called the 'God Butcher' is the antagonist, most of the prominent Asgardians were killed in Ragnarok so he's got to take out somebody and it sets up Hercules to potentially join the next Avengers roster.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Just saw the finale of Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Okay so a lot of what I have opinions of was mentioned already by 1rkhachatryan, Zoruagible, and CMButch.

But let's be real... this was a dire situation, and Sam would have called his Avengers friends like War Machine who was actually in the first episode. So yeah, that is one of my gripes.

The ending was wow... def heartfelt when Isaiah saw his commemoration.

And I understood Karli's cause but damn I despised her. I was glad she got offed.

As for Sharon... this changes a LOT!!!

Locormus

The ending to Falcon and the WinterSoldier was actually really good, but they need to do something about the colors on that new suit. I'm getting Avengers-flashbacks with the colors being a bit too vibrant.

The storylines were well-tucked in at the end. Loved the 'one world, one people'-line when the remaining flagsmashers were led into that truck (as if a nod to 'hail hydra'-quote.. and then they got whacked by Sokovian Alfred. :p

The only knock on the writing is Sharon Carter's weird move in Madripoor. I mean why would she bring Sam, Bucky and Zemo to Nagel?! What was she thinking? The only thing I could imagine was that she might've thought that if she led them to Nagel, then they could lead her to Karli afterwards. Which is fair, but in doing so she shot herself in the foot - and she's not a character that tends to do that, she's smarter then that.

Does anybody want to speculate on CaptainAmerica:4? I'm guessing they could do Thunderbolts in that movie? Maybe have Isaiah's kid and Torres as 'wingmen'?

Also, Thor4, CaptainAmerica4, where's IronMan4 people?

Locormus

We have that Ironheart show coming to Disney+ which could lead to an Iron Man 4 sort of film starring her.

True! ArmorWars (BOOM!) coupled with IronHeart could be a good set-up.

Locormus

Oh ya, forgot about the War machine show too lol.

Would also be a great way to pick up Sharon's PowerBroker-storyline, reintroduce stuff like AIM, HammerTech or even show the real 10Rings/Wu Wen in an IronMan'ish context.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Wanted to share something I found while out shopping. Apparently most of the toys for Black Widow are already on clearance at certain retailers. I find it funny the toys for a movie that hasn't been released yet are discounted!

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
Wanted to share something I found while out shopping. Apparently most of the toys for Black Widow are already on clearance at certain retailers. I find it funny the toys for a movie that hasn't been released yet are discounted!
Well it must be because the product line would have been almost a year old if the movie had been released on its original release date. I think setting all the merch and products that go hand-in-hand with the movie release would have caused to much of a diversion for sales schedules and projections. And I do not know if they will be re-releasing these lines when the actual movie comes out.

Also, already 2 Disney Stores by my home area have been permanently shut down. One of them has been open over 20 years since I was a wee wittle boy. It is quite sad what the Pandemic has done to some of our beloved entertainment programs (and in no way am I comparing this to the deaths).