• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Well it must be because the product line would have been almost a year old if the movie had been released on its original release date. I think setting all the merch and products that go hand-in-hand with the movie release would have caused to much of a diversion for sales schedules and projections. And I do not know if they will be re-releasing these lines when the actual movie comes out.

Also, already 2 Disney Stores by my home area have been permanently shut down. One of them has been open over 20 years since I was a wee wittle boy. It is quite sad what the Pandemic has done to some of our beloved entertainment programs (and in no way am I comparing this to the deaths).
There was some toys for Shang Chi hanging right next to them. So they probably want to make room for the new product line.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There was some toys for Shang Chi hanging right next to them. So they probably want to make room for the new product line.
And Spider-Man pretty soon too, he'll always be the biggest money maker. Especially with nerds like me buying every suit that gets turned into an action figure or lego(I really hope Garfield's Spidey is made into a lego this year, I want him displayed on my special shelf with Dark Knight Joker, PS4 Peter Parker and the '66 characters)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm absolutely in love with the title for BP2. It just makes so much sense. So much changed after the events of BlackPanther. Wakanda opened up, and they'll have to address the change in rule since Chadwick's passing. Meaning, much will have changed in Wakanda, but this movie will be about Wakanda(ns) being true to their cultural identity amidst all that change.

As expected, the more we get of Shang-Chi, the more I want to see it. :)

Eternals is starting to look great! 14 seconds and I'm hyped. Holy cow Kumail beefed up. Angelina being the visual chameleon she always is (kinda having that Uma Thurman-vibe). I mean wow, having Angelina Jolie in a leading role in the MCU is big. I know we already have Miley Cyrus and Sylvester Stalone as fringe characters, but I mean what's next... George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon?

The scoring is done by Ramin Djawadi, who is most known for his amazing work on Game of Thrones and WestWorld. Pair that with Oscar Winning director Chloe Zhao and yeah. I'm definitely hyped.

Weirdest thing that has come to my attention that Gemma Chan (who according to Feige will be 'the lead') already played a role in the CaptainMarvel-movie. Granted it was a minor antagonist that died in that movie and she was covered in BLUE, but still how many actors can say they have had multiple roles in the MCU?

Of course they end the sizzle reel with a Fantastic 4-logo.. Somewhere else: Sad Mahershala Ali noises.

Honestly kind of most excited for the Marvel's lol. I mean Monica, Ms. Marvel, and Captain Marvel all together, sign me up <3!!!!

Lose the apostrophe though.. :p

Also, MsMarvel's costume was revealed in set photo's. Looks okay to be honest. Love the sneakers, but I don't like the roundness of the ligtningbolt at the edges on the midsection (also the weird red line in the middle). The rest looks perfectly fine and mostly comicbook accurate for most of her runs. Heard that they gave her a new outfit though in the most recent run, which is weird, but okay.

Big spoiler ahead..

Also, the big spoiler is that they're changing her powerset because it being too similar to Mr.Fantastic. It's gonna be a mystical power eminating from her bracelet instead of her being an Inhuman. Kinda GreenLantern'ish.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I knew Ant-Man 3 would move. It's crammed tight with Marvels and other Disney properties like Avatar. There's also DC's like Aquaman and Flash.
BP's title is good, I wonder what's gonna be about. I hope they recast T Challa. Chadwick would've wanted that. If not I hope we get to see new man as BP. ( I just hope we don't see woman as BP...)

I can't wait to see Fantastic 4. Sadly, maybe GOTG3 will be last Drax appearance. As of Marvels I hope it's Civil War type movie with many characters( even though I don't think it is). As of this year, I am least hyped about Eternals. I just noticed they genderswapped some characters which is automatically for me less points, hopefully movie is good at least. I don't want this movie to be Hulk level for me or Cpt Marvel..

Zoruagible

BP. ( I just hope we don't see woman as BP...)
You're gonna be disappointed cause Shuri is likely taking the mantle, it's a likelihood that was gonna occur rather or not T'Challa was still around.

I don't think he should get recast, it's not like Bruce Banner or Rhodey where they only had one movie under their belt and the replacement was better, or Scott's daughter being played by different actresses do to timeskips. Chadwick was T'Challa, besides recasting him would open a whole other can of worms like 'Why can't Steve/Tony get recast?'

As for Eternals, I agree. I honestly don't care for that movie at all and am just gonna wait for it to go to my library or get on Disney Plus for free viewing to watch. The characters are just so bland... why can't we get Squadron Supreme? You'd think with the big push they've gotten in the comics lately that Marvel was doing something with them. I'm sure it'll be better than Captain Marvel(Thank god Monica and Kamala are sharing the spotlight now lol, I can't stand Carol's actress, while Monica's actress sold me during Wandavision and I'm sure Kamala will be great, the suit looks dope!) but I ain't paying to see it.

CMButch

You're gonna be disappointed cause Shuri is likely taking the mantle, it's a likelihood that was gonna occur rather or not T'Challa was still around.

I don't think he should get recast, it's not like Bruce Banner or Rhodey where they only had one movie under their belt and the replacement was better, or Scott's daughter being played by different actresses do to timeskips. Chadwick was T'Challa, besides recasting him would open a whole other can of worms like 'Why can't Steve/Tony get recast?'

As for Eternals, I agree. I honestly don't care for that movie at all and am just gonna wait for it to go to my library or get on Disney Plus for free viewing to watch. The characters are just so bland... why can't we get Squadron Supreme? You'd think with the big push they've gotten in the comics lately that Marvel was doing something with them. I'm sure it'll be better than Captain Marvel(Thank god Monica and Kamala are sharing the spotlight now lol, I can't stand Carol's actress, while Monica's actress sold me during Wandavision and I'm sure Kamala will be great, the suit looks dope!) but I ain't paying to see it.
I have heard a reports that Rege Jean Page is taking a mantle( as BP)), but those are just rumors. But I wouldn't like Shuri to take it because I hate gender swapping anywhere no matter if it here, DC or video games. BP will and always be black man in this case T Challa), since Chadwick has sadly died( RIP), I hope either a) he got re-cast, b) M Baku takes a place as BP or Rege as some new MCU character as BP) or c) no one takes a mantle yet, Shuri becomes a Queen without taking a suit or anything and there won't be BP. Don't forget that Killmonger burned the garden.

Problem with your question is that Steve is now old and back with Peggy( CA2?) ( old CA is CA1?) and Tony has died, while T Challa is 'alive' as in character. I also can't wait to see how all this thing would play off, like what would happen with T Challa. Maybe this new movie will take place between IW and Endgame aka in those 5 years..

Locormus

I knew Ant-Man 3 would move. It's crammed tight with Marvels and other Disney properties like Avatar. There's also DC's like Aquaman and Flash.
BP's title is good, I wonder what's gonna be about. I hope they recast T Challa. Chadwick would've wanted that. If not I hope we get to see new man as BP. ( I just hope we don't see woman as BP...)

I can't wait to see Fantastic 4. Sadly, maybe GOTG3 will be last Drax appearance. As of Marvels I hope it's Civil War type movie with many characters( even though I don't think it is). As of this year, I am least hyped about Eternals. I just noticed they genderswapped some characters which is automatically for me less points, hopefully movie is good at least. I don't want this movie to be Hulk level for me or Cpt Marvel..

Feige confirmed they aren't recasting T'Challa for BP2.

Marvel has confirmed that Thor4 and GotG3 are going to be crazy big movies on the scale of Avengers. Thor4 will have the female Thor-plot though, so I guess it's written off in your mind. Drax leaving seems kinda likely. Gunn has stated that he wants to focus on Rocket and Groot in this one, and Quill and Gamora will obviously be front and center as well. Drax is always just kind of there. The Bautista was also quite vocal after Gunn was initially fired, which often gets you sacked.

Genderswapping automatically means less points? Why are you so sensitive about this issue? How about waiting to see what the story is before going in with your panties tangled in a knot? These are very unknown characters that no casual moviegoer will have known before hand. It's not as if they're genderswapping SpiderMan or anything. Who has heard of Makkari before Marvel Studios dropped this title? At this point, you're just throwing hate down while they're just trying to make the cast less homogenous.

Just so you know, there's also going to be an openly gay character in this one. Does that constitute a fatal flaw?

I have heard a reports that Rege Jean Page is taking a mantle( as BP)), but those are just rumors. But I wouldn't like Shuri to take it because I hate gender swapping anywhere no matter if it here, DC or video games. BP will and always be black man in this case T Challa), since Chadwick has sadly died( RIP), I hope either a) he got re-cast, b) M Baku takes a place as BP or Rege as some new MCU character as BP) or c) no one takes a mantle yet, Shuri becomes a Queen without taking a suit or anything and there won't be BP. Don't forget that Killmonger burned the garden.

Problem with your question is that Steve is now old and back with Peggy( CA2?) ( old CA is CA1?) and Tony has died, while T Challa is 'alive' as in character. I also can't wait to see how all this thing would play off, like what would happen with T Challa. Maybe this new movie will take place between IW and Endgame aka in those 5 years..

"Rumors and reports".. Meanwhile, Marvel has made an official statement about the matter.

How would Shuri taking over the mantle be genderswapping? A mantle doesn't have a gender. The Black Panther was male, because T'Challa was male. Shuri has always been female. If she picks up the mantle, BP can be a female. Heck, even 'Female Thor' wasn't a true genderbend because Jane Foster somehow got those powers and she didn't become the actual 'Thor'.

A. They're not going to recast for BP2. Marvel confirmed this.
B. M'baku is a good candidate, but so are Shuri, Nakia and even Okoye. Lupita N'yongo is an Oscar winning actress. They better do something with her.
C. Yes, lets have a Black Panther-movie, without a Black Panther... while there are several characters well suited to take up that mantle.

"BP will and always be a black man", except in the comics where Shuri has taken up that mantle before. Sure, Black Panther will always be black (and I assume Wakandan), but Marvel isn't backwards in their gender-department.

Lupita N'Yongo also recently had an interview where she said that the way Ryan Coogler reshaped the movie after Chadwick's death was emotionally and spiritually satisying. That's not how I would describe a recast - or them looking for the best male to fit the role. In fact, that to me sounds like the movie will in part be about who defends the Black Panthers ideals the best REGARDLESS of gender. If we have to look to a singular person, that would be Nakia. But it might be that the mantle could even be worn between several characters: Nakia's heart, M'baku's strength and Okoye's unwavering loyalty to Wakanda. Shuri could give all three a suit and they could defend Wakanda together.

Shuri is the obvious pick, but I don't know if Letitia Wright is ready to carry this movie on her own.

Locormus

There are opinions bad enough that they're not worth arguing over. Save your energy.

True.

Do you have any thoughts on what Coogler might've thought up? I really like the 'team-up' idea that's been brought up (by Erik Voss of NewRockstars on YT). It might be a bit PowerRanger'y if you know what I mean.

The line of thought was that during BP1's SouthKorean-scene, Nakia, Okoye and T'Challa walked up to the club in red, black and green. Symbolizing the Pan-African flag colors and that in absense of the true King (and Shuri being too young to ascend the throne), that Shuri will have created three suits: for Nakia, Okoye and M'Baku to serve as 'The Black Panther' as a unity. As a perfect way that even in his passing, Wakanda is united under its greatest symbol.

Emotionally fitting? Yes. Spiritually fitting? Yes. Best way to use Lupita N'youngo, Winston Duke and Danai Gurira - while keeping Letitia Wright as the comic relief Q-like character.

Zoruagible

I'm hesitant on Female Thor solely because Jane Foster... was basically why the Thor franchise sucked(apart from Loki obviously) until Ragnarok. It was primarily her scenes that made Dark World what it was.

I just hope IF they kill Jane like the comics... keep her dead this time. It angered me so much when they had that beautiful death and just immediately trashed it by bringing her back right away.

Guardians 3 is AFTER Thor 4 and Odinson is still in it so I suppose he lives? Be stupid to kill him now that people actually love him, he's the only original Avenger left apart from Hawkeye and Hulk who're retiring most likely. Plus we still need Beta Ray Bill(Throg got spoiled in Lego so yay lol) and Enchantress

CMButch

Feige confirmed they aren't recasting T'Challa for BP2.
I see, well, maybe because BP2 story is a bit odd, like different. I don't think it's about BP at all. Maybe BP3...
Marvel has confirmed that Thor4 and GotG3 are going to be crazy big movies on the scale of Avengers. Thor4 will have the female Thor-plot though, so I guess it's written off in your mind. Drax leaving seems kinda likely. Gunn has stated that he wants to focus on Rocket and Groot in this one, and Quill and Gamora will obviously be front and center as well. Drax is always just kind of there. The Bautista was also quite vocal after Gunn was initially fired, which often gets you sacked.
I don't remember seeing that. I remember seeing that Marvels will be Civil War level movie, though. MoM will be huge. I understand GOTG3 being huge movie because it's ending for Guardians.
It is because of female Thor plot. Like why not finishing Chris' plot and that's it?

Genderswapping automatically means less points? Why are you so sensitive about this issue?
Because it's woke? And I hate this much wokeness. Race swapping is good and all but genderswapping and women taking role of men is bad enough. Like why not not create ORIGINAL woman character like Agent May from Agents of Shield? Same would be said vice versa if they make Gamor, Nebulo etc it would be bad because men taking roles of women.
How about waiting to see what the story is before going in with your panties tangled in a knot?
I literally never said that movie would be awful. I said lose some points, almost every MCU movie started from 10/10 except Capt Marvel. So far Phase 4 seems to take the candle and continue less than 10/10 from a start aka Eternals, possibly Thor4. Eternals is 8/10 because of this wokeness and it can stay 8/10 but also dwindle down to being bad or still good. 8/10 is still amazing movie, just not masterpiece. Civil War, Infinity War, WS are close to masterpieces. I hope Eternals will be 7-7.5/10

These are very unknown characters that no casual moviegoer will have known before hand. It's not as if they're genderswapping SpiderMan or anything.
Yeah, but for avid comic book readers or comic book wizards, it's bad. And here's another thing. There are two Earth Eternals who are female: Titanis and Pixie.Lauren could play Titanis and Salma: Pixie. Why didn't they chose them instead of genderswapping Ajak and Makkari? Or they could easily create new MCU Eternals to be females like Agent May.

Who has heard of Makkari before Marvel Studios dropped this title? At this point, you're just throwing hate down while they're just trying to make the cast less homogenous.
It has nothing to do with hate but people complaining about wokeness and I am not the only one. Yes, we're minority because 70% of MCU fanbase didn't hear about Ajak and Makkari being male. But still that's how it goes. Eternals will be watched free, I will still watch it but just not give any penny because I hate this much wokeness. Again, if they wanted to be 5:5 a) create 2 female Eternals or do Titanis and Pixie.
Just so you know, there's also going to be an openly gay character in this one. Does that constitute a fatal flaw?
It depends. If they go announce the world and be proud of them being gay, it's a flaw. If it's like in Deadpool 2 like they're BF/BF, GF/GF and it's done subtly. Then it's fine.

How would Shuri taking over the mantle be genderswapping? A mantle doesn't have a gender. The Black Panther was male, because T'Challa was male. Shuri has always been female. If she picks up the mantle, BP can be a female. Heck, even 'Female Thor' wasn't a true genderbend because Jane Foster somehow got those powers and she didn't become the actual 'Thor'.
It's "women replacing man" Black Panther has always been T Challa aka Black Panther. Giving female that mantle is bad because in comics BP is man. That's why it's the best BP to be recast or give the mantle to another black man. Since again BP is man in comics. Shuri did become BP but that's being T Challa was sick but alive. The name would be Black Panthress which is another female taking male lead.
Jane is different in this case it can be bad or not so bad but still not good.
a) Jane becomes worthy Capt. America style. This is the worst case scenario because she's not worthy at all. Valkarye has more "worthyness" than
she does. I mean she was always sleeping. His best character was in Thor 1...
b) marriage, this is not bad but still far from good because it's Thor all over again. Can we see different powers? And why is she Thor, why not Lady Thunder?
Anyway what should've happened is that she becomes mutant with new powers because of Reality Stone and Thor is finished( like dies in Thor 4 or GOTG3)
A. They're not going to recast for BP2. Marvel confirmed this.
B. M'baku is a good candidate, but so are Shuri, Nakia and even Okoye. Lupita N'yongo is an Oscar winning actress. They better do something with her.
C. Yes, lets have a Black Panther-movie, without a Black Panther... while there are several characters well suited to take up that mantle.
B. M'Baku is only good choice to finish BP2 and 3. Great trilogy. They could do something with female to be equally as important as M Baku as BP.
C. It can easily happen.Movie can take place between Endgame and IW.
"BP will and always be a black man", except in the comics where Shuri has taken up that mantle before. Sure, Black Panther will always be black (and I assume Wakandan), but Marvel isn't backwards in their gender-department.
Yes, only because T CHalla was sick. When he returned to healthy man he was BP. BP being anything but black would be bad.

Lupita N'Yongo also recently had an interview where she said that the way Ryan Coogler reshaped the movie after Chadwick's death was emotionally and spiritually satisying.
For me that sounds and what Martin said that there won't be BP in the movie but honoring Chadwick, so if that's what BP2 will be about then cool.

If we have to look to a singular person, that would be Nakia. But it might be that the mantle could even be worn between several characters: Nakia's heart, M'baku's strength and Okoye's unwavering loyalty to Wakanda. Shuri could give all three a suit and they could defend Wakanda together.
I doubt Okoye would be BP. However M Baku and Nakia being BPs is still better than 1 female being BP.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Out of all the movies coming out I'd say Eternals is the one I'm least interested in. Granted we haven't seen any official trailers or information about why we should care. But the same could be said about the Guardians of the Galaxy a few years ago. Now they're one of the most beloved superhero teams in the MCU.

Last edited:

Locormus

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about the new Loki show?? Honestly I love Tom Hiddleston but I really don't like Loki as a character. If they would just make him a hero I would care about we all know he's going to cause some drama so meh.

Well this is preDarkWorld-Loki. So he hasn't had character arc we've seen him get in Thor2, Thor3 and the beginning of IW. So of course he's going to cause drama. He's the God of mischief for Pete's sake.

It's about how the drama's going to unfold that I'm interested in and how it will ripple through the MCU (if any).

Out of all the movies coming out I'd say Eternals is the one I'm least interested in. Granted we haven't seen any official trailers or information about why we should care. But the same could be said about the Guardians of the Galaxy a few years ago. Now they're one of the most beloved superhero teams in the MCU.

For now that's Shang-Chi for me, maybe even No Way Home since the Sony-arrangement always casts some doubt as to how they'll handle things.

I mean I'm hyped for Shang-Chi moreso for the real Mandarin then anything else. Hoping for an Antman reference since both are SF native. While the Eternals are literal gods among men. The ties to the broader MCU are something to really look forward to (also, where were they during Endgame?!). Zhao's also a very good director so the visuals will be great and I'm hyped to see Angelina go ham.

In terms of hype, for me it goes:
- DoctorStrange2: I mean come on. Multiverse of MADNESS.
- Eternals: See above.
- BlackWidow: Mostly because I want to go to the movietheatre so badly.
- NoWayHome: DocOck, Electro, Vulture, Scorpion, Tobey/Andrew?! Hello!
- Shang-Chi: Still looks good though.

Stuff like the Marvels, Wakanda Forever, Antman3 and GotG Vol3 haven't started filming yet, so I'm not counting those, but it's evident that Wakanda Forever has the biggest interest pull.

Shout out to Let There Be Carnage. Trailer looked dope.

Locormus

Exactly lol. That's why I'm not interested, I've seen the evil Loki literally my entire childhood and I don't care about him. If it was like Thor 3 Loki sure I would watch.

Fair play then. :)

Nyter

Island Challenger
Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about the new Loki show?? Honestly I love Tom Hiddleston but I really don't like Loki as a character. If they would just make him a hero I would care about we all know he's going to cause some drama so meh.
You are not. I am going to watch it because, like you, I am a loyal Marvel fan, but I do not see Loki as a character that warrants his own series. But, If the MCU manages to astonish me with this the way I was content with The Falcon and The Winter Soldier's finale, then I will later readact my comment. I just feel that Loki, as a character, is dependent of Thor.