• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's a good stretch left, but this thread does have a spoiler warning, but I guess we can manage. In any case, my posts won't go into much detail anyway (except for Loki).

I think Thanos might get a shout-out, but this movie really wants to get past that moment as fast as they can. I mean it's the one thing people have been holding against this movie the entire time: Thanos whiping out 50% of living creatures wasn't an incentive?

In fact, could've some of the Eternals been snapped?

But she did eventually fight against roughly 20 Black Widows - and she lost until she got saved by Yelena. Again, this fits the pattern I mentioned above. I stated that I (personally) had little expectations based on all those previous A-tier fights. What little expectations of Natasha selling a big fight against a big bad were confirmed by the end, never was I shocked by Natasha's performance as a heroic lead. Yes, comparing her to Steve, Tony, Steven and Thor is unfair - the movie even acknowledges this: "The God from outerspace probably doesn't need Ibuprofen.". However, she is the lead and thus will get compared regardless and thus she needs to do something to 'wow' the spectators and singlehandedly fighting five grunts at a time just isn't going to cut it at this point. You and I want her to be awesome and show us awesome stuff, that gets her out of that mindset of her not having any notable feats. She finally gets this chance to curb our (my, I guess) expectations and she loses and gets kicked while on the ground by the people she intends to save - until she gets saved herself by the character introduced to replace her. I simply wasn't surprised, because this kept on happening to her.

Heck, her saving Yelena from the fall by sacrificing herself was way too similar to her sacrificing herself so that Clint could live on Vormir, so there was no knew emotional punch there either - that and knowing the overused trailer scene would still come didn't really help at all. The final fight against Taskmaster was a sham and ended up in the situation 'can I get this gas up in her face'. She says 'Lets go' as if she intends to get down to the wire, but you already know that she knows it's Antonia and that she will want to rectify her mistake from Budapest. Heck, "BarFighters", a YouTube-channel that does superhero fights with edited in Healthbars didn't even have either below 50% before the fight just ended. Not saying they're a creditable source or anything, but the fight will go down as one of the least entertaining ones ever.

This was pretty much the final chance to break away from this pattern they had with Natasha and they didn't take it and we're left with the original female Avenger being a great spy, driver and acrobat - but honestly lousy at fighting. I don't want to hate on this movie, and as I said in the grand scheme of things, this was probably a 7 (maybe drops down once we get back to a steady stream of entries to compare).

Scarlett did her own character dirty in her first and only standalone feature as Natasha and she was even the executive producer of the damn feature (insert 'In Russia...-meme here). Yelena basically unironically saved this movie from being a flat 5.

Lol, normally we don't disagree to this extent, but I guess I'm just disappointed the more I think about things. This was her final chance after all - unless we get more RussianFamily-shenanigans during the 5 years between Infinity War and Endgame.
Eh, like I said, I don't think she was ever trying to beat them, the whole end plan was to wake them up so I think she was always just trying to hold out long enough so the team can wake them. I think if she wanted to do some damage a couple of them would have definitely went down. The only time I think she would have let lose is if she ass fighting those guy guards the big bad had for instance I think.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Eh, like I said, I don't think she was ever trying to beat them, the whole end plan was to wake them up so I think she was always just trying to hold out long enough so the team can wake them. I think if she wanted to do some damage a couple of them would have definitely went down. The only time I think she would have let lose is if she ass fighting those guy guards the big bad had for instance I think.
She clearly didn't manage to stand her ground, so something is off with your logic here. Stalling for time might've been her intention going in, but there's a clear difference to holding them off succesfully and being Arthur Fleck'd.

That aside, she couldn't have forseen Dreykov sending all of the BlackWidow in to fight her, so it was a stroke of luck that Yelena ended up where she did in time (she was going to the main room, found nobody). Secondly, those BlackWidow's were mindcontrolled to kill her. I'm sorry, but if that happens to be the case, and you're a single super-assassin fighting against 20 other super-assassins, you obviously have to go loose to even stall for time, even moreso just to stay alive - even if you don't want to kill them. There's no sense in assuming that she fought at any less than 100% if she got knocked down like that. I get that she might be not throwing her hardest hitting moves, but she would at least make sure that she wouldn't get dropped on the ground - and against 20 super assassins, that would definitely need 'going loose'. She would've been dead if it weren't for Yelena.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
She clearly didn't manage to stand her ground, so something is off with your logic here. Stalling for time might've been her intention going in, but there's a clear difference to holding them off succesfully and being Arthur Fleck'd.

That aside, she couldn't have forseen Dreykov sending all of the BlackWidow in to fight her, so it was a stroke of luck that Yelena ended up where she did in time (she was going to the main room, found nobody). Secondly, those BlackWidow's were mindcontrolled to kill her. I'm sorry, but if that happens to be the case, and you're a single super-assassin fighting against 20 other super-assassins, you obviously have to go loose to even stall for time, even moreso just to stay alive - even if you don't want to kill them. There's no sense in assuming that she fought at any less than 100% if she got knocked down like that. I get that she might be not throwing her hardest hitting moves, but she would at least make sure that she wouldn't get dropped on the ground - and against 20 super assassins, that would definitely need 'going loose'. She would've been dead if it weren't for Yelena.

My point is that she wasn't trying to kill anybody hence she pulled back a bit. Also it's kind of hard to fight 20 of you who have the same training and know how you fight too. If that had been a room full of Dreykov's bodyguards, the fight would have gone very differently.

And not that I'm making excuses but she probably had a concussion from being punched in the face multiple times and slamming her head into the table to get rid of whatever control Dreykov had on her.

Locormus

My point is that she wasn't trying to kill anybody hence she pulled back a bit. Also it's kind of hard to fight 20 of you who have the same training and know how you fight too. If that had been a room full of Dreykov's bodyguards, the fight would have gone very differently.

And not that I'm making excuses but she probably had a concussion from being punched in the face multiple times and slamming her head into the table to get rid of whatever control Dreykov had on her.
I know that's your point. It just doesn't make any sense. I get that you're saying she wasn't going full-out. But she should've at least managed the fight better so that she wasn't dropped on the floor and nearly kicked to death. If that means throwing harder punches so you can stall longer, then that is simply necessary.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I know that's your point. It just doesn't make any sense. I get that you're saying she wasn't going full-out. But she should've at least managed the fight better so that she wasn't dropped on the floor and nearly kicked to death. If that means throwing harder punches so you can stall longer, then that is simply necessary.
I agree but it's not like she could have gone anywhere or done her usual acrobatics, they were in a small room. Not to mention it wasn't like a regular fight where it was every woman for herself, the Widows were working together perfectly in sync.

And she kept fighting until the last second and also I believe had like a puncture wound from when the Widow's pulled her off of Dreykov.

I just don't think that's the fight to judge in terms of how powerful she is since it didn't start at a neutral place. Yes, it could have probably been done better or longer but it was still done well for what it was.

Locormus

I agree but it's not like she could have gone anywhere or done her usual acrobatics, they were in a small room. Not to mention it wasn't like a regular fight where it was every woman for herself, the Widows were working together perfectly in sync.

And she kept fighting until the last second and also I believe had like a puncture wound from when the Widow's pulled her off of Dreykov.

I just don't think that's the fight to judge in terms of how powerful she is since it didn't start at a neutral place. Yes, it could have probably been done better or longer but it was still done well for what it was.

Well, it certainly isn't her only loss.. In the end, she's a highly skilled assassin - but she's human, and she tends to get matched with superhuman villains so it isn't odd that she needs to be saved time and again - it's just that Scarlett let it happen yet again when she was an executive producer on this project.

This is basically Yelena's BlackWidow-movie told from the perspective of Natasha. That's what upsets me most, her tendency to needing to be saved just compounds it even moreso.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well, it certainly isn't her only loss.. In the end, she's a highly skilled assassin - but she's human, and she tends to get matched with superhuman villains so it isn't odd that she needs to be saved time and again - it's just that Scarlett let it happen yet again when she was an executive producer on this project.

This is basically Yelena's BlackWidow-movie told from the perspective of Natasha. That's what upsets me most, her tendency to needing to be saved just compounds it even moreso.

While she is an executive producer, this is still Marvel's decision in the end so I don't think she had veto power unfortunately. I think at the end of the day, Marvel most likely wanted a more character driven piece so the action fell to the side a bit.

Locormus

So.. Uhh.. Apparently I missed something about the Netflix-shows.

And Charlie Cox will be in Spiderman: No Way Home, but also in She-Hulk, with his suit on. And Vincent D'Onofrio will be returning as Kingpin in the Hawkeye-series.

Meaning..

I'm going to start binging the Netflix-shows now. :p

While she is an executive producer, this is still Marvel's decision in the end so I don't think she had veto power unfortunately. I think at the end of the day, Marvel most likely wanted a more character driven piece so the action fell to the side a bit.

It can be a character-driven piece without Natasha needing to be the one to be saved the entire time. One doesn't exclude the other. She might not have a veto or anything (she isn't Feige), but as an executive she surely must have had some input.

The fight vs. the multiple BlackWidow is basically the endfight since the TaskMaster-confrontation is so short you can easily blink and miss it.

There's no reason to believe that Scarlett couldn't have said: "In that fight against the multiple BlackWidow, I don't want to be knocked to the floor and saved at the last minute by younger and more beautiful me. I can be in a tough spot, but when Yelena shows up, I could jump up at the right time and catch the container and be the one to smash it on the floor. It would really give me a heroic moment that doesn't mirror Natasha's decision on Vormir."

Instead she must've sat there during the scriptreading: "Okay guys - There's this part in the script 'Natasha gets bodied by multiple BlackWidow, she gets kicked when she's down, Yelena comes out of nowhere and saves her last minute', I mean.. I think we've done this 'Natasha needs to be saved'-schtick before, but I'm absolutely fine with it when we do it again in this movie where I'm supposed to be the main hero."

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
So, the MCU Deadpool is going to be rated R.

This should open the door for Samuel L. Jackson to say his favorite word uncensored as Nick Fury for the first time ever (he dies in the middle of saying it in Infinity War).

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm going to start binging the Netflix-shows now. :p
OMG yes... they actually refer to MCU moments as well such as the battle of New York and the Raft. I heavily believe these are no doubt canon. Here is the following of the Netflix Marvel Series in time order:

1. Daredevil (Season 1)
  2. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  3. Daredevil (Season 2)
  4. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  5. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  6. The Defenders (Limited Series)
  7. The Punisher (Season 1)
  8. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  9. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  10. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  11. Daredevil (Season 3)
  12. The Punisher (Season 2)
  13. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
And in other news...

CNN:

Actress Scarlett Johansson filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday that alleges Disney breached her contract by releasing the highly anticipated superhero film "Black Widow" on its streaming service, Disney+.

The film was released simultaneously on the service and in theaters, which the suit claims broke an agreement between the star and the company. The suit alleges that Johansson agreed that her salary for the film would be based, in large part, on the film's box office haul.

Disney (DIS) responded on Thursday saying that "there is no merit whatsoever to this filing" and that the suit is "especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."

"Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson's contract and furthermore, the release of 'Black Widow' on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date," a Disney spokesperson said in a statement.

The Wall Street Journal was the first to report the news.

The suit comes at a pivotal moment for Hollywood, as the pandemic has accelerated several trends at once. Streaming has become the focal point of Hollywood while movie theaters and the box office struggle to return to normalcy following a pandemic that ravaged its business.

Disney made big waves when it announced in March that "Black Widow" would be released on Disney+ for an extra charge and in theaters simultaneously. The film had been delayed multiple times because of the pandemic. It was originally set to be released in May of 2020.

While other studios have done a same-day streaming and theatrical releases, the "Black Widow" news stood out because Marvel is the biggest blockbuster brand in all of Hollywood, bringing in nearly $23 billion at the global box office since 2008.

Its July 9 release was an immediate success for Disney, in theaters and streaming, bringing in $80 million in its North America opening in theaters and $60 million globally on Disney+. The film's momentum has slowed down since and now stands at roughly $318 million worldwide, according to Comscore (SCOR). That's not a huge take for a Marvel film.

Other issues have arisen as studios shifted their major blockbusters to streaming as the pandemic continues. Case in point: Warner Bros. reportedly paid star Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins each more than $10 million as the studio released "Wonder Woman 1984" on streaming service HBO Max as well as theaters in December. (WarnerMedia owns Warner Bros. and CNN.)

"It's no secret that Disney is releasing films like Black Widow directly onto Disney+ to increase subscribers and thereby boost the company's stock price — and that it's hiding behind Covid-19 as a pretext to do so," John Berlinski, attorney for Johansson, told CNN Business. "But ignoring the contracts of the artists responsible for the success of its films in furtherance of this short-sighted strategy violates their rights and we look forward to proving as much in court."

He added that this will "surely not be the last case where Hollywood talent stands up to Disney and makes it clear that, whatever the company may pretend, it has a legal obligation to honor its contracts."

Whose side are you on??

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
As is quite typical, they tied her compensation to box office, promised to renegotiate if they decided to do a simultaneous streaming release, and then refused to renegotiate, so she got screwed out of her pay basically.

Every major studio ****s actors out of their contractual pay when it's tied to "profits" by making millions on movies that somehow all gets written off as costs and expenses and stuff, but at least the big stars have been able to force them to sign contracts based on gross rather than net. Now they're seizing on streaming releases to move revenues over to non-box-office take, so they can again **** actors out of their pay. I'm glad Johanssen is fighting back, someone needs to.

The worst part is that all the minor part actors and film crew and foley artists etc. who routinely have their pay tied to net, and then the studio magically never makes a net, even for movies that have been paying off for decades.

Every year the screen writer for the original Men in Black (A huge block buster with multiple sequels and spin-offs) film gets a letter explaining how Men in Black hasn't turned a profit yet.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Disney apparently made 60 million on Disney Plus on the first weekend, I'm glad Scarlett is going after them. Disney is just a greedy company, that's money that her and who knows how many others working were denied as it wasn't box office revenue. The staff should get a percentage of Disney Plus sales going forward, especially as Disney feels the need to charge an outrageous $30 fee on addition to the monthly charge.
So, the MCU Deadpool is going to be rated R.

This should open the door for Samuel L. Jackson to say his favorite word uncensored as Nick Fury for the first time ever (he dies in the middle of saying it in Infinity War).
Yeah, that's been said forever.
I really hope Nick Fury gets to appear in it. I can't wait to see Deadpool interact with Logan and Spidey that can actually happen onscreen now!

And I really hope we see Nick Fury use the one uncensored word in a regular MCU film only for Wade to get mad as he wanted to say that lol

Nyter

Island Challenger
As is quite typical, they tied her compensation to box office, promised to renegotiate if they decided to do a simultaneous streaming release, and then refused to renegotiate, so she got screwed out of her pay basically.

Every major studio ****s actors out of their contractual pay when it's tied to "profits" by making millions on movies that somehow all gets written off as costs and expenses and stuff, but at least the big stars have been able to force them to sign contracts based on gross rather than net. Now they're seizing on streaming releases to move revenues over to non-box-office take, so they can again **** actors out of their pay. I'm glad Johanssen is fighting back, someone needs to.

The worst part is that all the minor part actors and film crew and foley artists etc. who routinely have their pay tied to net, and then the studio magically never makes a net, even for movies that have been paying off for decades.

Disney apparently made 60 million on Disney Plus on the first weekend, I'm glad Scarlett is going after them. Disney is just a greedy company, that's money that her and who knows how many others working were denied as it wasn't box office revenue. The staff should get a percentage of Disney Plus sales going forward, especially as Disney feels the need to charge an outrageous $30 fee on addition to the monthly charge.

Yeah, that's been said forever.
I really hope Nick Fury gets to appear in it. I can't wait to see Deadpool interact with Logan and Spidey that can actually happen onscreen now!

And I really hope we see Nick Fury use the one uncensored word in a regular MCU film only for Wade to get mad as he wanted to say that lol

So now Kevin Feige chimes in...

IGN:

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is reportedly “angry and embarrassed” over Disney’s response to Scarlett Johansson’s lawsuit, feeling the company did not do enough to make it right with one of Marvel’s biggest stars.

In the What I’m Hearing… newsletter from former The Hollywood Reporter editor Matthew Belloni, Feige apparently lobbied Disney to keep Black Widow a theatrical-only release to not upset Johansson.

“[Feige is] a company man, and prone to corporate showdowns or shouting matches. But I’m told he’s angry and embarrassed,” Belloni reports. “He lobbied Disney against the day-and-date plan for Black Widow, preferring the big screen exclusivity and not wanting to upset his talent.”

Furthermore, the report says that when “the sh*t hit the fan, the movie started tanking and Johansson’s team threatened litigation,” Feige tried to get Disney to “make this right with her.”

Scarlett Johansson, who has played Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow since 2010, filed a lawsuit against Disney alleging the company intentionally breached her contract when it decided to put Black Widow day and date in theaters as well as on Disney Premier Access.

According to Johansson’s legal team, a large portion of her salary actually depended on the box office performance for Black Widow, and when it was decided the film would also premiere on streaming, Disney failed to re-negotiate her contract.

Johansson is one of the most important actors in the Marvel Cinematic Universe which Feige has spent over a decade building. Given how much the two have worked together, Feige’s stance isn’t too surprising.

Disney did hit back, however, saying in a statement that it “fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract,” and that the lawsuit is “sad and distressing in its callous disregard” for the COVID-19 pandemic. Johansson’s team says she may have missed out on over $50 million in pay from the streaming move while Disney says Premier Access “significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date.”

OKAY So I knew about the release of this movie being on Disney+ Premier Access before this story about Johansson suing broke it. I would think Feige and Johansson would have too, but yet this was only made public after its release and not before.

I am not saying that Feige/Johansson are in the wrong. Disney clearly played her dirty but if she was really worried about her movie being mishandled in its release, why didn't she make a public statement before...

I do believe she waited to see how well her movie did and of she didn't see it to the numbers she wanted it to, she would put blame on Disney for them simultaneously releasing the movie (which again was wrong to do) and failing to renegotiate the terms.

But what I think was lacking was being proactive and instead being reactive.

I mean if Disney marketed the movie for theatrical release and Disney+, then right then and there, Johansson should have acted.

I do hope she wins the lawsuit. Actors are definitely the ones getting duped. I don't get how Disney deducts "Premier Access significantly enhancing her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date." ...HOW?

Locormus

I do hope she wins the lawsuit. Actors are definitely the ones getting duped. I don't get how Disney deducts "Premier Access significantly enhancing her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date." ...HOW?

They're going to attempt/have offered Johansson a cut of the Premier Access-'ticket's.

The problem is that Johansson is adamant that the fact that Disney released the movie without her consent. Not only on Disney+, but entirely. That's why Disney thinks it's in disregard of the pandemic. Disney is a company which employs MANY people. It has to push out content in order to keep these people employed/afloat. Johansson wanted to wait with the release until there was the opportunity in her eyes to let BlackWidow reach similar numbers like other MCU-movies (600mil-1bil). Sadly, the industry will take a long time to get to that point again. Disney couldn't hold it off that long. In that regard, Johansson was selfish in the desire to keep pushing the movie back (since it costs Disney and its many employees money), in order for her to eye a more favoritable window with regards to the pandemic. Yes, I'm on Johansson's side in the vein that I'd like to make as much money as possible as well, but when she's already making millions.. and the company simply needs to make a call in a 'difficult' situation - one might find it reasonable to fold or come to a compromise. And that's on both Disney and Johansson since they apparently failed to renegotiate (which is what Feige is disappointed about).

And now Johansson says that the release of BlackWidow is not only breach of contract, but also that the release was used to increase subscriptions and retain subscribers to Disney+ in general and that she missed out on monetary gains in that respect as well.

And that last bit is why Hollywood in general is scared as hell. Because if that's true, then what about Loki or other Top10 shows on Disney+? Those could all start to argue that THEY are due a cut of the profit of Disney+. In which case the entire streaming platform Disney had eyed suddenly doesn't look that profitable anymore. In which case they'll only start to put out less and less content - and/or subscription fees will rise.

bobjr

Staff member
The issue is it’s not just her though, a lot of people who make way less are also tied to that kind of contract system, and the studio will fight hard to make sure those people don’t see a dime. It’s just easier to frame it with your big star and not someone who wants to buy food.

Plus when someone says you breached a contract and you start talking about global pandemics you 100% breached that contract. The contract might not have accounted for a sudden global pandemic, but that doesn’t make the contract suddenly void.

Locormus

The issue is it’s not just her though, a lot of people who make way less are also tied to that kind of contract system, and the studio will fight hard to make sure those people don’t see a dime. It’s just easier to frame it with your big star and not someone who wants to buy food.

Plus when someone says you breached a contract and you start talking about global pandemics you 100% breached that contract. The contract might not have accounted for a sudden global pandemic, but that doesn’t make the contract suddenly void.

Yes, but like I said: Disney isn't just a bunch of suits like we like to picture it as. It's also shareholders and also has working class employees that rely on the big bucks from a blockbuster release that were feeling the squeeze due to postponement of several big titles.

I know it's not just about her, but both parties have 'lower components' that are dependent on them winning the case.

I don't see it that way. The global pandemic has a very real economic effect and this case is about much more then just Scarlett's paycheck. Much of which has to do about the sustainability of the streamingplatforms in general.

bobjr

Staff member
It would still be on them to renegotiate, and if Scarlett is in the wrong it’s because she didn’t want to renegotiate existing terms, which is way less black and white than signed documents concerning financials.

You might see contracts change after this, but for once the studio gets burned instead of the other way around. It’s like when Alex Guinness made bank off of Star Wars when he tied his pay to how much money Star Wars would make, because the studio thought it would be cheaper than his usual rate.

Nyter

Island Challenger
And now it seems Emma Stone is looking to sue Disney as well due to Disney breaching contract in the way they handled "Cruella" release on both theaters and Disney+.

I think this changes everything... I hope Disney does renegotiate or offer better terms because I personally pay for Premier access due to the Pandemic, and I get to see the movie in the comfort of my home and as many times as I want as well as my family that are on my account. So I hope they don't get rid of Disney+ Premier Access.

Johansson deserved better.

Last edited:

Locormus

And now it seems Emma Stone is looking to sue Disney as well due to Disney breaching contract in the way they handled "Cruella" release on both theaters and Disney+.

I think this changes everything... I hope Disney does renegotiate or offer better terms because I personally pay for Premier access due to the Pandemic, and I get to see the movie in the comfort of my home and as many times as I want as well as my family that are on my account. So I hope they don't get rid of Disney+ Premier Access.

Johansson deserved better.

Lol, Johansson definitely didn't deserve 'better'. Her acting in and producing for the film wasn't even that good and she got 20+ MILLION for it. Actors that have oscar winning performances sometimes get paid less..

I don't think people get the point. Johansson demanded more pay because she argues that postponing the movie all the way post-pandemic would've earned her WAY more money. She doesn't understand (or care) that even during the pandemic, Disney needs to make money. They simply had to release it to get more revenue from Disney+. This is why Disney called her out for being callous. But now Johansson had new ammunition: "Well, if that's the case.. then Disney owes me for stimulating their streaming earnings as well.".

In the streaming business, this was NEVER a thing. Netflix ie. paid out huge amounts for a project and actors don't look for any other form of payment.

But if actors start claiming payment due to their perceived 'stake' of contributing to subscription-sales.. (by being in the top10/25 shows for example - and how Johansson is doing now) then suddenly the entire streaming platform-business isn't that profitable anymore.

This goes for Disney+, but all other streaming services as well. Less original content will be made (so they have to pay out less 'stakes') and subscription fees will likely be raised as well.

Conclusion: consumers will lose content due to millionair-actors being greedy and we'll likely need to pay more for less. If Disney+ isn't profitable due to subscription stakes being claimed - they'll likely stop investing in their Disney+ shows which means less quality content and eventually folding of the service. I don't think want that.

If Johansson's contract says that she's due a percentage of ticketrevenue then she gets a cut of Disney+ premier access. That's fine, but if that's the case then there's no way that's she's entitled to a cut of new subscriptions or retained subscriptions for the period of the release.

Also, apparently, she also didn't want to voice her character for 'What If?'. Which takes like less then a day? Same with RDj and Evans. Quite sad that they weren't up for it.

Also, Jungle Cruise is the last Premier Access release they'll do.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What a weak start to What If, I've never understood the 'Peggy Carter' hype.