• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What a weak start to What If, I've never understood the 'Peggy Carter' hype.

WandaVision also started out weak and I fell asleep during the first episode of Loki. The pitch was that they were going to do all movies, but we know Captain Britain will appear in at least one other episode. These ripple effects could get interesting if they ever want to bring her into live-action during a SecretWars-story arc.

That being said. I need to get used to the visual style. I know what they're trying to emulate, but I haven't had this much of a hard time adjusting to a visual style since Sun&Moon. Bucky didn't even look like Sebastian Stan.

The VA for Steve sounded a lot like Chris Evans, I was amazed by that.

Never was a big fan of Peggy. But she was one of the first female characters that was presented as independent and strong, without it being hamfisted like a certain other Captain.. so I can see why a good chunk of the fanbase as a solid appreciation for her. That being said, I don't think anybody really hates the character either.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
What If's "this thing being different means 90% of the universe is better as a result" makes the show far less interesting as a result.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This week was far better than the first. I love that T'Challa talk no jutsu'd Thanos offscreen
The ending wasn't that great though. "Everyone died" basically

Locormus

What If's "this thing being different means 90% of the universe is better as a result" makes the show far less interesting as a result.

If that's your take from the T'Challa-episode then you probably misunderstood the ending scene. Without the bonds Peter has with the other Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter simply doesn't stand-up to Ego. Meaning that Ego's plan from Guardians Vol.2 succeeds and the entire universe becomes an eggplant.

That being said, I thought this weeks episode was really wobbly in terms of quality. Having Sam and Tom as VA's was amazing - though it would be really, really odd if they weren't up for this kind of extra as they love their characters.

As for the plot, I guess the 'What If'-moment/change would be 'what if Hope vanDyne was a SHIELD-Agent' as she definitely isn't in the MCU. She died, this was kept under wraps - and Hank 'avenged' her by going after the Avenger Initiative.

I guess the roster after this slaughter would start with Steve and Carol. The entire timeline would be different though as Earth is under a Loki's rule and I don't know how that would affect the plans of Thanos to invade/sack Earth for the Tesseract. Heck, wherever is the Tesseract in this scenario? One would however assume that having Carol that early in the 'MCU' would be huge game changer. Also, no Age of Ultron, no Wanda on the Avengers-roster, no Vision, no WandaVision.

Zoruagible

Meh. Clark Gregg returning as Coulson was the only highlight for this week.

About dang time they reveal Spider-Man's trailer though, who cares about Snoreternals?

Locormus

I swear if Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) makes it to No Way Home, I am gonna lose it!!!!

Finished DareDevil S1. Now into JessicaJones S1.

I'm trying to work my way through the Netflix-shows before NoWayHome, but at my current rate, I'm just not going to get to to seeing them all. So I'll have to make choices here.

What I'm thinking is getting through the original timeline (DD->JJ->DD2->LC->IF) up to Defenders and then see what I can get through until late November and then watch DareDevil S3 prior to NWH.

I mean I'm completely unspoiled about these shows and I like to keep it that way. Heck, the only thing I know is that the titular characters make it through their first season into a second (in two cases third) season - but that's like wondering if Thor was making it out alive of Thor1. Of course he is. Oh, and that the fight choreography in IronFirst is unfortunately not the best. But that's literally it.

Zoruagible

Finished DareDevil S1. Now into JessicaJones S1.

I'm trying to work my way through the Netflix-shows before NoWayHome, but at my current rate, I'm just not going to get to to seeing them all. So I'll have to make choices here.

What I'm thinking is getting through the original timeline (DD->JJ->DD2->LC->IF) up to Defenders and then see what I can get through until late November and then watch DareDevil S3 prior to NWH.

I mean I'm completely unspoiled about these shows and I like to keep it that way. Heck, the only thing I know is that the titular characters make it through their first season into a second (in two cases third) season - but that's like wondering if Thor was making it out alive of Thor1. Of course he is. Oh, and that the fight choreography in IronFirst is unfortunately not the best. But that's literally it.
I'd just skip Defenders and all those others, you'll want to watch season 3 of DD cause it could potentially spoil something if he shows up in Spider-Man
From what I recall, none of the other characters showed up in DD's third season. It was just the DD cast

BCVM22

You don't need to watch any of the Netflix series, prior to No Way Home or at all. They all share the same canonicity as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., in that they were all so low on the totem pole that none of them are apt to factor in definitively. Even Charlie Cox appearing in No Way Home isn't confirmed.

Last edited:

Locormus

Episode 4 of What If...?!? had my arm be that Spider-Man-gif from Homecoming.

Damn. I had chills going up my arm during the ending credits.

I'd just skip Defenders and all those others, you'll want to watch season 3 of DD cause it could potentially spoil something if he shows up in Spider-Man
From what I recall, none of the other characters showed up in DD's third season. It was just the DD cast

I think I'll have enough time to make my way through the shows up to Defenders and then be able to see DD3 starting early December. I mean I've got 3.5 months. :)

But if push comes to shove and I go through JJ1,DD2, LC, IF and Defenders on a slow pace, (and we do have a Pokémon-remake in November so that's a thing to consider) then I'll might just go Defenders straight into DD3.

You don't need to watch any of the Netflix series, prior to No Way Home or at all. They all share the same canonicity as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., in that they were all so low on the totem pole that none of them are apt to factor in definitively. Even Charlie Cox appearing in No Way Home isn't confirmed.

I know I don't need to watch it and the status canonically has been clear. That (and the longer runtime of the episodes vs. other preferred ways to spend the limited amount of time at the time) is why I hadn't gotten round to watching the shows yet.

But I kinda want to see them now (just in case they do start to appear in those shows). Charlie Cox has been hinted towards to making the cast of She-Hulk for instance. I think Feige said 'as a procedural drama, you might not know who gets to shows up' or in that line of thought.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

They totally need to cast an Uncle Ben for the MCU, I'd love to see a What If episode focused on What If Aunt May died and Uncle Ben lived. Would Peter still have a close connection with Stark with a father figure already in his life? Would Uncle Ben find out sooner than Aunt May did? It'd definitely be very interesting.

If Daredevil does appear then we could potentially see an episode regarding him too(Punisher too pls)

Apart from the first episode it's a very enjoyable show, Starlord T'Challa is still the best though.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I greatly enjoyed the fourth episode of What If.

Everyone: Saving Christine will destroy the universe!
Dr. Strange: But I loved her!
*Universe is destroyed*
Dr. Strange: Shocked Pikachu face.

Also the fixed moment in time thing is ridiculous. Christine doesn’t die in the main universe, and that universe is fine.

But other than that it was great

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Spidey finally makes an appearance!

Zombies has to be the best one so far, it was hilarious seeing the Black Order just immediately get destroyed
The end was just stupid though, zombie Thanos... what? How'd he get bit?!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I watched Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings yesterday and wanted to share some thoughts.

Setting the story in China and Chinese culture is a nice change from the usual Marvel formula. The fight choreography was well executed and is reminiscent of old martial arts films. Personally I enjoyed this film more than Black Widow.

Locormus

The Hawkeye-trailer just dropped. It's basically a Christmas-special.. and looks awesome. xD

As for What If...?

Latest What If...?-teaser had this line: "If Time and Reality are a construct, what if we can rebuild it?" I mean the Watcher is definitely going to interfere at some point now.. :p

Ep1.: CaptainCarter happens: Doesn't interfere.
Ep2.: Ego finds Quill and likely succeeds in his plans: Doesn't interfere.
Ep3.: CoreAvengers Die: Doesn't interfere.
Ep4.: DoctorArmani: Doesn't interfere.
Ep5.: Zombie Apocalypse: Doesn't interfere.

From the trailer footage we probably have these episodes left (I thought this season would get 9 episodes):
- What if Kilmonger saved Tony.
- What if... PartyThor?
- What if... Gamora.
- What if... the Multiverse Assembled?

In any case, hyped for the coming 3.5 weeks! :D

I greatly enjoyed the fourth episode of What If.

Everyone: Saving Christine will destroy the universe!
Dr. Strange: But I loved her!
*Universe is destroyed*
Dr. Strange: Shocked Pikachu face.

Also the fixed moment in time thing is ridiculous. Christine doesn’t die in the main universe, and that universe is fine.

But other than that it was great

Episode 4 was the highlight so far!

Spidey finally makes an appearance!

Zombies has to be the best one so far, it was hilarious seeing the Black Order just immediately get destroyed
The end was just stupid though, zombie Thanos... what? How'd he get bit?!

Really? If anything, episode 5 really didn't feel up to par at all in my opinion. For a zombie-story, it felt incredibly rushed and none of it was really scary. The Vision-bit with the mind stone granting immunity from a Quantum Virus felt contrived as if only to lead to the end of the episode with Thanos.

Also, WHY would Thanos even go to Wakanda if he only needed the MindStone when Peter, T'challa, Cloakey and #TooManyDadJokes hadn't even arrived? Seems like such a plothole honestly.

I watched Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings yesterday and wanted to share some thoughts.

Setting the story in China and Chinese culture is a nice change from the usual Marvel formula. The fight choreography was well executed and is reminiscent of old martial arts films. Personally I enjoyed this film more than Black Widow.

I really thought it was a very fun movie! The villain felt human, even if his skillset was OP. I didn't feel as if much of the plot skimped over all too much, the humor was there, and the pacing was great. Yes, we went from fighting goonies in a bus to fighting a demonic entity by the end, but honestly, so many steps were laid out at the beginning which made it so that I didn't get taken out of immersion at all.

BlackWidow seems like such an afterthought at this point. I had a good time trying to defend that movie for a good while, but then this one came and well.. YEAH. Just compare the 3rd acts with each other. The only good thing about that movie was Yelena and Scarlett can sue all she wants, she doesn't deserve a penny more then what she got. She got way more then what she deserved in my eyes.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Why does Tony have to die in every episode? It's getting old, he's the best Avenger dang it!

Locormus

Why does Tony have to die in every episode? It's getting old, he's the best Avenger dang it!

Why does T'Challa have to die the entire time as well? First there's no snap, but since Ego's plan will work based on the ending, so effectively he'll die nonetheless. Then in the zombie apocalyps he seemingly lives again, but he'll run into Thanos so we know how that'll end. And here he straight up gets 1up'd by Killmonger. And in the MCU, they'll also let the character die offscreen. T'Challa just can't catch any breaks.

Also, why are the Pyms the source of all evil? First Hank kills off all the Avengers in Fury's BigWeek and then Janet van Dyne is the source of the QuantumVirus that ravaged the world.

Tony got killed in this universe because he stayed a dick in this universe. Erik was 100% right about the difference between them and I honestly couldn't care less about Tony getting shanked here. 'Two gearhead orphans trying to do right by their fathers - we sound the same to me'. Yeah, but you're born into wealth Tony, while Erik had nothing.

That being said, I found the episode to be underwhelming. It basically ends in the scenario around halfway through the BlackPanther-movie. Killmonger is the defacto BP, Shuri doesn't believe it and tries to unthrone him. Only difference being that T'Challa is really dead in the What If and was only perceived as dead in the MCU. The end will probably be the same: That Killmonger gets overthrown (end of BP1) and that Shuri will have to lead Wakanda for a while (start of BP2:WF).

The real question will be how the Avengers-narrative will go without IronMan. What will happen once Loki shows up? I'm pretty sure they're screwed by then.

At least they won't have Ultron to fight so no Sokovia Accords.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Have you seen the trailer for Disney + Original Hawkeye?

I find it really great. It is themed around Christmas and I am hoping Black Widow's end credits scene tie into this. I believe Florence Pugh will make some sort of appearance in it.

I am eager to watch this, as right now I am not really pulled by "What If..?"

Zoruagible

You know I just realized that Steve has to have married Peggy in the main universe, not 'another world' as they tried waving it off as.
If that was true then the TVA would have terminated his butt the moment he chose to stay, would have made another universe which wasn't allowed. He became old so naturally he didn't get tagged, meaning that Sharon really did kiss her uncle in Civil War lol

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've been silent on the discussions regarding What If since I had a weird feeling while watching it. Believe I've finely figured out what that feeling is which is there's no stakes; it doesn't matter what happens in each episode since it's not gonna affect the MCU as a whole.