• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel Universe Discussion Thread - **SPOILER WARNING** (movies, shows, etc.)

BCVM22

Which is... entirely the point. You wouldn't be able to tell any of these stories or have any of the fun if you had to worry about larger MCU continuity. That's the entire basis of any of the countless alternate reality anthologies.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I get that but some of these What If.. episodes are to possibilities straight out of left field that no one was ever really wondering. I never once had a thought of What If Dr. Strange lost his heart instead of his hands. Like, give me a What If... the other half was snapped away instead or What If ... Hawkeye was the one who sacrificed himself...

Now granted some are interesting like What If the Avengers died and never assembled.

But, for what it is, I think the story telling and plot is intricate and great. It takes us on quite a trip.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Have you seen the trailer for Disney + Original Hawkeye?

I find it really great. It is themed around Christmas and I am hoping Black Widow's end credits scene tie into this. I believe Florence Pugh will make some sort of appearance in it.

I am eager to watch this, as right now I am not really pulled by "What If..?"

The next two episodes are going to tie stuff together, so they'll probably feel like Marvel mini-events. :)

I've been silent on the discussions regarding What If since I had a weird feeling while watching it. Believe I've finely figured out what that feeling is which is there's no stakes; it doesn't matter what happens in each episode since it's not gonna affect the MCU as a whole.

That's still up to debate though. A lot of people are theorizing that these animated universes are just animated for the sake of having essentially chunk-sized movies without all the costs of producing the actors on screen, production costs, sets, etc - and that since the multiverse is now a thing, characters like Dr.Armani and even the Zombie's could potentially cross into the main MCU.

I get that but some of these What If.. episodes are to possibilities straight out of left field that no one was ever really wondering. I never once had a thought of What If Dr. Strange lost his heart instead of his hands. Like, give me a What If... the other half was snapped away instead or What If ... Hawkeye was the one who sacrificed himself...

Now granted some are interesting like What If the Avengers died and never assembled.

But, for what it is, I think the story telling and plot is intricate and great. It takes us on quite a trip.

It's the entire idea that counts. What If the other half was snapped in my eyes is common thing to think off. But this show is about how the smallest things can have a large ripple effect. Stuff like Sharon Carter staying in the room instead of leaving suddenly changed so much.

The DoctorStrange one literally led to the crumbling of an entire universe. It's by far the most impressive twist in my eyes.

Anybody want to take a guess as to what those invaders are at the end of the latest episode? At first I thought it was Ultron, but that would make no sense considering the timeline.

Then I started thinking, since the plot of the Thor-narrative was changed - it might be that these are from that bubble of characters. So what if these are Malekith and the Dark Elves?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The episode I thought would be the most boring turned out to be the most fun.
Darcy marrying Howard the Duck lol Love that the Duck is actually getting some love in these, hopefully he and Cosmo get something other than cameos in the main MCU at some point.
Loki and Thor being friends was quite lovely
Surtur being at the party was just bizarre...
Jeff Goldblum!
Captain Marvel(The worst hero ever) as the main antagonist, awesome!
Crossbones and Coulson!
And everyone banding together to help Thor fool his mother was pretty sweet
The next two episodes are going to tie stuff together, so they'll probably feel like Marvel mini-events. :)

That's still up to debate though. A lot of people are theorizing that these animated universes are just animated for the sake of having essentially chunk-sized movies without all the costs of producing the actors on screen, production costs, sets, etc - and that since the multiverse is now a thing, characters like Dr.Armani and even the Zombie's could potentially cross into the main MCU.

It's the entire idea that counts. What If the other half was snapped in my eyes is common thing to think off. But this show is about how the smallest things can have a large ripple effect. Stuff like Sharon Carter staying in the room instead of leaving suddenly changed so much.

The DoctorStrange one literally led to the crumbling of an entire universe. It's by far the most impressive twist in my eyes.

Anybody want to take a guess as to what those invaders are at the end of the latest episode? At first I thought it was Ultron, but that would make no sense considering the timeline.

Then I started thinking, since the plot of the Thor-narrative was changed - it might be that these are from that bubble of characters. So what if these are Malekith and the Dark Elves?
It's Ultron, notice the little curves on the side of the helmet? And it opens to showcase Vision, whom Ultron originally wanted to be his new body. Without Thor around he must have succeeded

Locormus

The episode I thought would be the most boring turned out to be the most fun.
Darcy marrying Howard the Duck lol Love that the Duck is actually getting some love in these, hopefully he and Cosmo get something other than cameos in the main MCU at some point.
Loki and Thor being friends was quite lovely
Surtur being at the party was just bizarre...
Jeff Goldblum!
Captain Marvel(The worst hero ever) as the main antagonist, awesome!
Crossbones and Coulson!
And everyone banding together to help Thor fool his mother was pretty sweet

It's Ultron, notice the little curves on the side of the helmet? And it opens to showcase Vision, whom Ultron originally wanted to be his new body. Without Thor around he must have succeeded

I don't think Danvers was the antagonist here honestly. The implication was that if Thor&co kept partying that they'd have destroyed the planet. I mean Thor kinda brushed off the question about that other situation 'being a party and an evacuation of already dieing meteor/planet', but I think that's a halftruth - that it was an evacuation after they caused the planet/meteor to die.

I mean she was basically the cop showing up at a houseparty - which would've probably ended up with the house destroyed if she didn't.

That being said.. she's such a wet blanket. >.>

Yeah, I was going off memory. Based on my second view I totally need to take that speculation back.. xD

There's a couple of weird things:
1. Infinity Stones don't work in alternate universes (as per Loki), so these would probably be from the same universe, but further up the timeline.
2. Which must mean Ultron must've been created by Tony (as per the norm) - but I'd love to know how and/or if the Battle of NewYork happened, since that was the catalyst for Tony to build Ultron.
3. Was Thor being this immature the reason why Ultron was succesful in claiming Vision's body as his vessel (or was it due to ripple effects affecting the timeline?) during the AoU-story?
4. The TimeStone doesn't allow timetravel as far as I know, so does this Ultron have access to Pym Particles?!? If so, that's one broken synthezoid.
5. Why did Ultron come back to this point in time specifically?!? Again, the major implication of the episode being that Thor's party would've destroyed the planet - and Ultron's core mission is still protecting the planet at all costs seems to go hand in hand as reasoning why he'd show up at this point.
6. Was Ultron always planning to go after the Infinity Stones?!?
7. How in the world did he get the SoulStone?!?

Zoruagible

I've never laughed as hard as I did when Ultron just cut Thanos in half as soon as he showed, that was marvelous!

Way to prove that you're the best villain Ultron! I really hope the main Ultron returns someday, he was done dirty and I'm still bummed that army guy in Wandavision didn't turn out to be him in disguise

Locormus

Sooo...

For some reason, Venom2 only releases in the Netherlands on October 21st..

Which means that I'm likely dodging spoilers for at least three weeks.

Zoruagible

Man seeing another speedster just aggravates me of the unjust treatment Quicksilver got!
I really hope he comes back in Dr. Strange 2, forget Wanda's kids. Quicksilver is who needs to come back

Locormus

So.. I got to see Venom2 yesterday. I think it wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be. 7/10.

Zoruagible

So.. I got to see Venom2 yesterday. I think it wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be. 7/10.
Yeah unless they do Knull it's kinda hard to see where they go from there. Unless Far from Home switches things up for Eddie and places him there, I'm not exactly eager to go see a Venom film centered around Toxin lmao

Locormus

Edit: will be watching Eternals tonight. :)

Yeah unless they do Knull it's kinda hard to see where they go from there. Unless Far from Home switches things up for Eddie and places him there, I'm not exactly eager to go see a Venom film centered around Toxin lmao

But going from where they left off to Knull is way too big of a jump to facilitate in one movie on the path they chose.

I mean LTBC was such a contained story with so few characters in it and barely any set-up for future plotlines.

I mean:
- Eddie
- Cletus+Frances
- Mulligan
- Ann+Dan
- Mrs. Chen: I'm stretching it here.. and no the Ravencroft-characters weren't characters.. >.>

That's everybody in the movie. The world it lives in feels so small, way too small to immediately jump into Knull.

If Eddie ends up in NoWayHome.. That would still not give it enough lore build-up to then jump into a Knull-storyline. Yes, Venom teased infinite amounts of knowledge Eddie would never understand, but this franchise feels so disjointed with no clear direction to go in that it wouldn't work - even if they assume that we might understand with the power of expositiondumps. And to be honest, I don't want to get Symbiote BackStory in what will be a really, really crowded movie to begin with.

I can understand a move towards learning more about the symbiotes and their history, but you can't really pull that off in a single movie... which means that if they want to do this as part of the MCU that we'll need a pretty big set-up in Thor:Love and Thunder as part of Gorr's background motivation.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Heck yeah, they're bringing back the 90's X-Men cartoon!

Now bring back Spider-Man! Or Spectacular Spider-Man... either one works.

Looking forward to Spider-Man's MCU show, he's the hero that can benefit from it the most. Be cool if they do another season/series set after year 1, we could potentially see more obscure(but cool) characters like Boomerang and the Superior Six!

Ironheart is still trash.

Zoruagible

Man that trailer was amazing!
I really like how the theme is "These guys died fighting Spider-Man" and MCU Peter is doing the classic "Nobody dies!"
Doc Ock with Stark tech arms is awesome, I'm guessing they did that to 'fix' him?

I really hope Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man gets to save 'MJ' from falling.
Also you can see Lizard getting punched but nothing's there, they clearly edited out Tobey and Garfield lol
So I just watched Shang Chi and loved it!!!! Seriously the fights were amazing and everything I wanted from the Black Widow fights :). Also I loved all the powerful women in this movie kicking ass, the sister and the aunt killed it!!!

The only thing I didn't get was the beacon. Maybe someone with more comic book knowledge can explain it to me lol.
It sure was amazing, once it was on Disney Plus I dropped everything to watch it again. I love it, always been a fan of kung fu movies and a sucker for the good guys and bad guys working together to beat a greater evil!

And yeah the women were great, it wasn't distracting like that 'all female heroes' cringe moment in Endgame(Which didn't even make sense >_> ). It felt natural and awesome!

I really think Black Widow would have been better if they just let Taskmaster be comic accurate. Just a badass mercenary who winds up siding with Widow or just ditching the main villain when he knows it's too late. Plus it kind of sends a wrong message, a female hero can't beat a male supervillain? lmao

And apart from that Taskmaster just sucked in general. The only part I really enjoyed was Red Guardian. They should have had more Natasha/Clint scenes too. 'Budapest, heck yeah.... wait is it over already? Boo!'

Locormus

So I just watched Shang Chi and loved it!!!! Seriously the fights were amazing and everything I wanted from the Black Widow fights :). Also I loved all the powerful women in this movie kicking ass, the sister and the aunt killed it!!!

The only thing I didn't get was the beacon. Maybe someone with more comic book knowledge can explain it to me lol.

I watched both when they came out and yeah, at first I had that 'back in the theatres-high' when I watched BlackWidow and that really influenced my original opinion on it. So when I saw ShangChi.. Yeah, my opinion of BlackWidow got readjusted and it's now one of my least-liked Marvel projects. For me personally, ShangChi is really up there with stuff like Ragnarok.

The beacons as far as I know are a MCU-invention.

The ten rings in the comics were actual rings the Mandarin put on his fingers and were alien technology (from the Makluan's specifically) with VASTLY different powers, but the origin of the rings in MCU!ShangChi is quite vague and I don't really have a clue to whom they might be transmitting a signal. For more information see: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mandarin's_Rings

Man that trailer was amazing!
I really like how the theme is "These guys died fighting Spider-Man" and MCU Peter is doing the classic "Nobody dies!"
Doc Ock with Stark tech arms is awesome, I'm guessing they did that to 'fix' him?

I really hope Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man gets to save 'MJ' from falling.
Also you can see Lizard getting punched but nothing's there, they clearly edited out Tobey and Garfield lol

It sure was amazing, once it was on Disney Plus I dropped everything to watch it again. I love it, always been a fan of kung fu movies and a sucker for the good guys and bad guys working together to beat a greater evil!

And yeah the women were great, it wasn't distracting like that 'all female heroes' cringe moment in Endgame(Which didn't even make sense >_> ). It felt natural and awesome!

I really think Black Widow would have been better if they just let Taskmaster be comic accurate. Just a badass mercenary who winds up siding with Widow or just ditching the main villain when he knows it's too late. Plus it kind of sends a wrong message, a female hero can't beat a male supervillain? lmao

And apart from that Taskmaster just sucked in general. The only part I really enjoyed was Red Guardian. They should have had more Natasha/Clint scenes too. 'Budapest, heck yeah.... wait is it over already? Boo!'

I felt the trailer dipped a bit at some points? I'm still hyped, heck I squealed like a little girl to the point where my 2 year-old daughter asked what was going on.. But all those characters, damn.. It's either going to be amazing or a rushfest. I'm hoping the core of the movie focuses on MCU!Peter as a character.

I agree with your assesment on ShangChi here.

TaskMaster didn't have to be comicbook accurate. The movie just needed better writing in general. The final third is a monumental disaster and Florence Pugh and David Harbour are the only enjoyable things about this movie. I watched all Marvel movies (except Hulk) in theatres and if there would be one where I could get my money back, this one would be it.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

So Bully Maguire and Andrew are pretty much coming to save Iron Boy Jr.'s bacon.This movie has the potential to be better than Homecoming and Far from Home but we'll see.As far as what all 3 of them bring to the table I'd say Tobey is the strongest and most experienced,Andrew is the fastest and most agile,Tom has the best gear.

Last edited:

Locormus

So Bully Maguire and Andrew are pretty much coming to save Iron Boy Jr.'s bacon.This movie has the potential to be better than Homecoming and Far from Home but we'll see.As far as what all 3 of them bring to the table I'd say Tobey is the strongest and most experienced,Andrew is the fastest and most agile,Tom has the best gear.

While I agree with you on HomeComing (which in my eyes is a classic), I disagree on FarFromHome. I don't particularly dislike the movie, but it's not really going to be difficult to top it.

As for roles within the 'squad' I'd like to see:

Tom: Doubts his every move.

Tobey: The mature one, has had to make sacrifices along the way, but clings to UncleBen's words.

Andrew: The still grieving one of the group. I picture him being rude, rough around the edges and disinterested in the whole ordeal he's brought into due to still mourning Gwen Stacy. I imagine him only to start clicking with the group after he sees MJ fall off the Statue of Liberty, saves her - and then sets aside his personal grief for a hot minute where they fight Electro, Sandman and Lizard.

Also, the trailer said something about these villains having died fighting Spiderman.. But you know.. Tobey forgives Sandman at the end of SM3. So either this is a Sandman from a 4th Spiderman-universe where Spiderman did end up killing him, or Tobey somehow went back from forgiving him and killed him anyway. In which case, I could see Tobey as being a moody character.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

While I agree with you on HomeComing (which in my eyes is a classic), I disagree on FarFromHome. I don't particularly dislike the movie, but it's not really going to be difficult to top it.

As for roles within the 'squad' I'd like to see:

Tom: Doubts his every move.

Tobey: The mature one, has had to make sacrifices along the way, but clings to UncleBen's words.

Andrew: The still grieving one of the group. I picture him being rude, rough around the edges and disinterested in the whole ordeal he's brought into due to still mourning Gwen Stacy. I imagine him only to start clicking with the group after he sees MJ fall off the Statue of Liberty, saves her - and then sets aside his personal grief for a hot minute where they fight Electro, Sandman and Lizard.

Also, the trailer said something about these villains having died fighting Spiderman.. But you know.. Tobey forgives Sandman at the end of SM3. So either this is a Sandman from a 4th Spiderman-universe where Spiderman did end up killing him, or Tobey somehow went back from forgiving him and killed him anyway. In which case, I could see Tobey as being a moody character.
My theory was that all of these villains were from a different universe that were in the middle of fighting Spider-Man but the Garfield and Maguire that we get in the movie are the ones from the actual movies that we saw them in where they actually settled their business with the villains.

Last edited:

Locormus

My theory was that all of these villains were from a different universe that were in the middle of fighting Spider-Man but the Garfield and Maguire that we get in the movie are the ones from the actual movies that we saw them in where they actually settled their business with the villains.

DoctorStrange said in the trailer that these are villains that were about to die, but got ripped over to the MCU. It's part of Peter's character arc. Sending them back to their own realities means sending them to their deaths. So it's really interesting to see what's going to happen with these characters now.

Obviously Tobey and Andrew are going to be from those universes as well - otherwise there won't be any personal stakes for them.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

DoctorStrange said in the trailer that these are villains that were about to die, but got ripped over to the MCU. It's part of Peter's character arc. Sending them back to their own realities means sending them to their deaths. So it's really interesting to see what's going to happen with these characters now.

Obviously Tobey and Andrew are going to be from those universes as well - otherwise there won't be any personal stakes for them.
Any news on Daredevil being featured?

Locormus

Any news on Daredevil being featured?

Nothing from the trailers with regards to NWH. Thus I'm not banking on it. There's a good rumor Vincent d'Onofrio is in Hawkeye (due to the strong reference to the MattFraction-run of the comic). Also, Echo being a character in that show strongly hints towards Kingpin. The current concensus would be that that character will show up in her spinoff-series that was just announced on the 12th.