• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

Aquablast

Fake Administrator
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is the newest installment in the classic Marvel vs Capcom crossover series. The game is 2 vs 2 fighter, like the original and its direct sequel.

The current confirmed roster is
Marvel: Black Panther (DLC), Captain America, Captain Marvel (Newcomer), Doctor Strange, Gamora (Newcomer), Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova, Rocket Raccoon with Groot (Groot is a new addition to Rocket's moveset), Spider-Man, Thanos (He returns from MvC 2 with a new moveset), Thor, and Ultron (Newcomer).

Capcom: Arthur, Chris Redfield, Chun Li, Dante, Frank West, Jedah (Newcomer), Mike Haggar, Mega Man X (Newcomer), Morrigan, Nemesis, Sigma (DLC), Spencer, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, and Zero

There is also a leaked roster of character. If you want to see it, click the link to the article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-31-it-looks-like-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-roster-has-leaked

*Updated more "accurate" leak: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/report-yet-another-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-leak-indicates-rost/

Like many have noticed, the current and leaked rosters are pretty disappointing. The roster is small for a MvC game, and reuse a lot of character from MvC 3. The return of Thanos, adding Groot with Rocket, and putting Mega Man X in the game are all extremely cool. Obviously, the faces for some characters are awful. Especially, Chun Li and Dante's faces. I think Mega Man X, Strider, Black Panther, and Sigma all look amazing. The story mode demo did not help this game, but I heard the gameplay is still great. Hopefully, they can fix the face problems, but it would not make up for this roster though.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Wolverine will be included. He is a staple of the series much like Spider-Man and Ryu. Wolverine has been in the other Marvel Vss Capcom games and he is a fan favorite character so not including him will result in a massive backlash against Capcom. He could be DLC but I don't think he will be.

Aquablast

Fake Administrator
I think Wolverine will be included. He is a staple of the series much like Spider-Man and Ryu. Wolverine has been in the other Marvel Vss Capcom games and he is a fan favorite character so not including him will result in a massive backlash against Capcom. He could be DLC but I don't think he will be.
You are most likely going to be disappointed. I do not believe Wolverine will be in the game. I agree that he is a staple of the series, and it all started with X-Men: Children of the Atom. He was in every game in the series, but things have changed. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is focusing primarily around the MCU, and Wolverine's movie rights are owned by Fox. (Yes, Spider-Man's movie rights are owned by Sony, but Sony and Marvel collaborate to have him in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming is officially apart of the MCU.) He will definitely not be on the base roster, but he could be added as DLC down the road. I do not think he will one of the six current DLC characters though.

I would love to be proved wrong, but there is no evidence suggesting that he will be playable. If he was playable on the base roster, I honestly feel that we would have already saw him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You are most likely going to be disappointed. I do not believe Wolverine will be in the game. I agree that he is a staple of the series, and it all started with X-Men: Children of the Atom. He was in every game in the series, but things have changed. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is focusing primarily around the MCU, and Wolverine's movie rights are owned by Fox. (Yes, Spider-Man's movie rights are owned by Sony, but Sony and Marvel collaborate to have him in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming is officially apart of the MCU.) He will definitely not be on the base roster, but he could be added as DLC down the road. I do not think he will one of the six current DLC characters though.

I would love to be proved wrong, but there is no evidence suggesting that he will be playable. If he was playable on the base roster, I honestly feel that we would have already saw him.

I think he will be DLC. Wolverine has a huge fan base and if he is excluded from the game even as a DLC character, Capcom will be dealing with a ton of angry emails and phone calls.