• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Masaaki Iwane Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
This has been on my mind for a month or so. See, the most iconic animation director on the show, Masaaki Iwane (look him up), hasn't directed an episode since DP 177. If you look at DP 183, there are scenes in it that are trying to imitate the Iwane look, only without the feel.

Can anyone confirm if he is still on the show or not? I'd die if he were absent from it. We're on DP 185, and still no sign of when he's coming back.

This has been on my mind for a month or so. See, the most iconic animation director on the show, Masaaki Iwane (look him up), hasn't directed an episode since DP 177. If you look at DP 183, there are scenes in it that are trying to imitate the Iwane look, only without the feel.

Can anyone confirm if he is still on the show or not? I'd die if he were absent from it. We're on DP 185, and still no sign of when he's coming back.

It was Iwane in DP183. He often key-animates in Kunihiko Natsume's episodes, mainly the big battles. In DP183 he did Heracros vs Korotok and then all the way through until the episode ended.

For now, based on the small amounts of footage we've seen, I'm guessing he'll do Satoshi/Shinji P2 and the Darkrai battle. But perhaps that is just wishful thinking and he'll only do one of the two :(

HoennMaster

He's hasn't done a full episode in less then 10 episodes are you already worried? Geesh. There's a dozen or some animators, no need to worry about it.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Hmm, I think Iwane is really the best director. He should animate at least 1 episode. The legendary trainer's battle, hopefully..

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I was thinking the same thing, he hasn't animated since DP 177, I'll die too if he stops animate the Pokemon anime, he's the best animator of Pokemon, I enjoy all ep animated by him especially battle eps, let's all hope that he'll animate DP 187, the epic battle needs to be animate by him. I'm also wondering the same about Akihiro Tamagawa, anyone know what happen to him?

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
All the league episodes should have been animated by him. I don't get the idea of giving Kinoshita and other new animation directors to animate the most important episodes in the league and actually in the show.
The only ones who must animate here are Iwane and Shimura.

HoennMaster

Seriously people, settle down. Animators take turns and there are about a dozen of them. Stop worrying over nothing.

I don't get the idea of giving Kinoshita and other new animation directors to animate the most important episodes in the league and actually in the show.
The only ones who must animate here are Iwane and Shimura.

What is so hard to understand? They were hired to animate episodes and they all take turns. The producers of the show don't act like the fanbase and say "you suck, you can't animate this is an important episode!". They do the job they are hired to so, simple as that.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
He's been working hard lately, animating DP 187, 188, scenes in 189, AND DP 191.
Glad to see he's back in the saddle after that hiatus. I'm optimistic he'll remain in Best Wishes!

I'd also preference he lead the animation on a movie again (he did some scenes in M2).

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Get off the writers backs already. This is why BW is coming out so that there is a change in everything they do now. Maybe they made mistakes in the past, but this is just a kids show, not a reality t.v. show.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Speaking of where he is, he is directing still. But he's been co-directing episodes in Best Wishes! thus far.

Why do you think that is? I want Masaaki to direct full-on episodes.

Isis-sama

I'd say, 'don't necro dead threads,' but, since you started this one . . . I don't know. Not sure of the protocol in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.