1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl' started by Serebii, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Save The Stray Hippopotas!

Travelling to the next town, Ash & Co. spot a Hippopotas about to fall. Worried, they quickly intervene and rescue the Hippopotas. However, a TV crew was scouting the Hippopotas for a documentary. To make things worse, Team Rocket want the Hippopotas. Can Ash protect the Hippopotas?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. -Starly-

-Starly- Brain Damage

This episode was awesome. Hipopoyawn using Yawn on everyone was cute. The TR motto was one of the funnier ones. Anyone know where the BGM that played when they were getting sand came from?

3. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

I kinda wanted to see the hippo's evo. Meh, I'll wait later.

4. cassius335

cassius335 Aura Trainer

I dunno. 3 or 4 Team Rocket attacks in one episode kinda screams "The writers didn't know what else to do".

5. Did ash capture the hippopotas?

6. Reign G

Reign G Roggen and Rolan

Apparently not, from whaty I heardf on the last page of the Specultion Thread. Good, that means even longer until his next capture. I like watching people complain. :D

7. P13

P13 Well-Known Member

I kind of guessed he wouldn't catch the Hip Hop Potatoes once I heard its voice. It didn't even sound like they were trying.

But at least Ash had an excuse... He was asleep :p

8. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

This was a cute filler, if nothing else. It wasn't a truly original take on the traditional format like last week's or even a big character-based episode, but dang, if Hippopotroast wasn't frickin' adorable. There were some humorous moments that made the episode still worthwhile, namely Hippopalooza Yawning everyone and the motto with Jessie sleeping. I didn't recognize the vocal that played during the sand scene, either, so either it's something that hasn't been used in forever that's just not jumping out at me, or it's something new. Whatever it was, I liked it.

Regarding Ash's lack of capture, I honestly don't care either way. Sure, the thing is obnoxiously cute, so much so that I want to punch it, but I don't see it as a truly interesting battler judging from what little it did attack-wise in this episode (Yawning and excreting sand). And hey, like Teh Roxxorz said, it's damn funny watching the fanbase explode like this.

9. pokemonster2191

pokemonster2191 turtles=pwnage

i was expecting the capture throughout the entire episode and now that its over im glad it didnt happen. hippopotas was cute but it definitely did not belong on ash's team. it was hardly a battler. especially liked the motto.

10. Mythic Mist

Mythic Mist Indecent Exposure

Looks like Musashi is up to date on the Hippopotas meme. Funny stuff. And yeah, this episode was incredibly adorable. Especially for my particular interests...<_<

11. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

What an adorable pokémon (did I say that?). I was hoping that Brock would get it.

12. cassius335

cassius335 Aura Trainer

I'm sure I recognised it from somewhere, but can't place it right now. Lol at Brock trying to use it as a Theme Music Power Up, only for Croagunk to put a stop to both (of course)

13. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned the running gag with Team Rocket where Jessie kept mispronouncing Hippopotas' name and James and Meowth kept correcting her, that was funny.

14. Pikasaur

Pikasaur The Original

when i was viewing the pics for the episode....i seriously thought hed catch the hippo

the hippo would go back to its family ash would leave, then the hippo would look all sad and run after ash and co....then he'd capture it

15. Crimsonmon

Crimsonmon Boulder Trainer

It was the first AG ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6W0p7ukazo

16. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

It's canon now. Awesome.

17. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

WHAT NO CAPTURE!

Ash went through all of that only to not capture the thing! OMG what the hell! It may have been small and young but still a Ground type like that would rock in battle with its very diffrent moveset!

Oh well. Maybe next time................ So Ash capturing the Dinosaur in the next Ep then anyone?

18. Crimsonmon

Crimsonmon Boulder Trainer

Yeah. Leaving it there to die would have been much more in character for him.

19. Treecko Girl

Treecko Girl Sweet V

I know how you feel, I really thought he'd capture the cutie...

20. cassius335

cassius335 Aura Trainer