• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This episode was somewhat boring and cute. Too bad Ash didn't capture the cute little love nut pokemon.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Unfortunitly it seems to, and will continue to be the case.

This theory kicked the bucket, it seems. >_>

XD

In any case, Hippopotas was rather cute, to say the least. I didn't want him to end up like Torkoal, but I didn't want him to go, either. Can't win 'em all, I guess. =/

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
A very funny ep, and quite cute at some moments. And again I loved just how the characters talked, i.e. when Ash and Dawn forgot Brock on the road or moments like that. Maybe a little to many TR apperences but on the other hand, all of them were funny. James saying Jessie and Mewouths parts and stuff like that.

7,5/10 p.

neptune_84

It's go time!
well i think that they should have had ash catch hippotas because it had such a charcter and would have mixed well with the pokemon he currently has. i believe they didnt have him catch it because there is pipe work for turtwig to eveolve and when he reachegrotle he will be a ground type aswell as grass, and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.

HoennMaster

This was surprisingly better when you actually see in. I still think the Hippo would have been a good addition to the team, especially as Brock's.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I'm pretty sure this is the first Boss fantasy ever that Meowth had no part in.

I believe you're right. This was the first boss fantasy without Meowth in it.

Hoppopotas sounds like it could've been dubbed, but I'm guessing it wasn't.

Something tells me Jessie never book studies.

After seeing them for several times now, it makes me wonder where James got those cards from. You want to know everything? Get a Dextette like our heroes do.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.
He had Chikorita and Bulbasaur on the same team for about two years...

Winged_Psychic

I'm pretty sure this is the first Boss fantasy ever that Meowth had no part in.

Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.

P13

Its too bad Jessie never refered to Hippopotas by my nickname for it: Hip Hop Potatoes

Dattebayo

Banned
Ash and co. really made weird mad expressions at Team Rocket when retrieving Hippopotas from them. Now I don't know who they are anymore.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well D/P really are different. I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it. The trios use of the TR motto was fun. And did you notice that Wobba and Mr Mime Jr was abscent from the ep, that was a bit unusual.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
The work going into D/P has suddenly jumped, and refused to come down. Aside from the Leagues, a string of good episodes this long is unheard of. A basic filler plot like this was taken to the next level with the TV crew, good use a yawn bubble gag, and many fun subtleties in the dialouge. I think it all started with Cheryl showing up, or maybe Buizel. But the average of these episodes is unparalleled to the previous low standard as Cooking up a Great Story, or a basic Hoenn/Johto filler.

Still thought Buizel submerging the dry-ground type was pretty funny. And James a lead role in today's scheme? Jessie/Meowth falling asleep made that flawless. Ronda smacking Jack, too many delightful segments to detail, I'll leave it at..
I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it.
..well said.

7/10 I found it very amusing.

The pre-evolution of one of my favorite pokemon almost tipped the scale in the episode for me. But not for a lack of potential. Hippowdon firing its sand canons for a force of taking a rock to the face, creating its own landscape, and sinking into ground for defense would have all been an interesting fighting style to see for Ash. No doubt that would take a heavy toll on the animation team.

For a thunder-striken minute the little sand terrestial was facing the three trainers with a plump face, Dawn throwing in some words, and Ash ready to reach out his hand and offer it a pokeball. To think that if the TV crew never showed up... Oh well, that's the end of this tale.

uber gon

Accept Change
Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.

Random members.

Rebeccag

I proably didnt enjoy this as much as the other 2 before it but i thought it was a good episode, I liked the idea of sinnoh now coming back again and i also liked the iddeo of james taking a more lead role in team rocket

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
You know, I just realized we never figure out what happened to Rhonda and the rest of the crew. After the second commercial break, they are absent for the rest of the episode. Wierd, huh?

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
I thought the episode itself was okay, it was kinda cute...But my major problem was with the dub music, I cannot stand PUSA's work. I absolutely hate it. The music can be okay once and a while, but what really ruins it is all the little "blunder" sounds that they add in it and stuff, it annoys me to no end.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
The episode was good, but what was comical and silly about it was that Jessie couldn't bother to say Hippopotas at all.