• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
I love hippopatas!!!!! Sp kawaiiii!!!!! Its yawn attac was funny. I also think its funny how jessi cant pronounce hippopatas's name!!!! XD

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I really expected this to be a dud of an episode.

Boy was I wrong! Brock being the first victim to Yawn, with Croagunk saving him, was hilarious. Jessie sleeping during the motto and James using her as a puppet is by far and large the most entertaining that motto will ever be. The throwback and recognition of the original motto was fun.

Brock;s Nurse Joy speech was slightly more charged this week. Almost inappropriate. Watch yourself, Brocko.

VERY good episode. Worth a rewatch.

NPT

Just a member
I enjoyed watching this episode, it had many good and funny moments. I liked how determined Ash was to save that Hippopotas, it's nice when he was carrying it on his head.
It's funny when Brock got hit by Hippopotas's Yawn and Croagunk dragged him, was hilarious. After Team Rocket tries to steal Hippopotas and Ash's Aipom blasts them off, Hippopotas's Next Victim was Dawn, who falls asleep the same way Brock did. Team Rocket attacks Ash and Co. again, but Hippopotas used Yawn again......this time on Jessie! Jessie sleeping during the motto and James using her as a puppet to do the motto was by really funny!
I liked the scene where Brocks was hitting on Nurse Joy and Croagunk hit him with Poison Jab, the expression on Brock's face was hilarious!
I'm glad the Hippopotas reunited with his family, but it using Yawn on Ash and Pikachu was the last thing I wanted. Ash and Pikachu are the only ones who didn't fall asleep during the whole episode....until at the end, so it kinda annoyed me. Other than that, it was an enjoyable episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought it was cute how Turtwig led Ash and friends to the cliff where Hippopotas was stranded. I also liked seeing the Sinnoh Now crew again, and Meowth's boss fantasy about Giovanni golfing and building sand castles was amusing as well. Seeing Croagunk towing Brock when he was asleep was priceless, as was seeing Brock carry Ash at the end.

I know it's a fictional world, but when everyone was calling their Pokemon back to their balls, I just realized how rough that's got to be.
I mean, assuming I'm using the right words here, getting your molecules broken down like that and then reassembled has got to feel weird.

JudySpell

Banned
Hippopotas was actually cute unlike in the games and I so wanted it to join Ash's team. Too bad it stayed wild. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cute how Turtwig pulled Ash toward the spot where the Hippopotas was stuck. Seeing the Sinnoh Now crew follow Ash's group was funny and so was Hippopotas flooding Team Rocket's balloon with sand. :3

Hippopotas seemed like a good potential capture, so up until the end of the episode I thought Ash would get it. Too bad it didn't happen.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked Jessie falling asleep during the motto and James having to do her lines like a puppet. At least we get to see the little Hippopotas again the following season. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
I love this episode. Hippopotas is so adorable and has a really cute voice. I love how he can just eat that big piece of fruit in one bite. The motto was just as hilarious as I remembered it. Yet another very fun filler.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Hippopotas should have been captured here tbh. It was wild, had personality, and even formed a bond with Ash. Grr, what a wasted chance.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I question whether Yuuka and the whole Shinou Now news crew were even needed in this episode, although I suppose that I should be glad that we saw them again at all. The wild Hippopotas was adorable whenever it would yawn, and the Rocket-dan was much more determined than normal. Naetle receiving so much screen-time was a nice bonus, too.

Daizy

I call you honey
This episode had many funny parts. The Sinnoh Now camera crew made a reappearance and James attempted to perform the motto with a sleeping Jessie. Hippopotas was cute.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wonder now why this episode's Hippopotas wasn't captured given how many hints we had that seemed to be leading that way. I would've been happy seeing Satoshi get it for example.

Zamin

I enjoyed the episode and Hippopotas was cool, I would have liked Ash to have caught it though as he seemed cool and would have fitted in the team well. I enjoyed the motto and BROCK OPENING HIS EYES.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's episodes like this one that made me wish that Shinou era Takeshi had taken the spotlight more often since he had a few moments of relevance here that were enjoyable without feeling too forced.

Scorbunnie

When I think of Hippopotas I cannot help but feel glad that it stayed wild because Ash didn't need a Ground type that looked that cartoony. If I could change one thing I would've made Brock befriend Hippopotas instead.