• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mass Transfer

Lightey

Ok, so I have Pokemon Platinum, and Pokemon Pearl, and I have about 230 Pokemon on Platinum. I want to put them on the ranch, but we all know about the update and blah blah blah. So I was wondering if there was an easy way to get them all over to Pearl instead of catching 200 Pokemon and doing a million trades.

BCVM22

Nope. Using Ranch wouldn't work even if the update were available internationally.

230 Pokémon divided by 6 Pokémon per one use of Pal Park every 24 hours means you should be done in about... carry the 3, divide the 1, minus the 8...

38 days.

Better get to work.

Last edited:

Lightey

Nope. Using Ranch wouldn't work even if the update were available internationally.

230 Pokémon divided by 6 Pokémon per one use of Pal Park every 24 hours means you should be done in about... carry the 3, divide the 1, minus the 8...

38 days.

Better get to work.

Pal Park?

Waa?

I'm trying to transfer between PLATINUM and PEARL.

BCVM22

Oh. And so you are. My mistake. In that case, it should only take you about 38 hours, not 38 days.

That's not so bad, right? Start now and you'll be done by midday Wednesday.

Lightey

Oh. And so you are. My mistake. In that case, it should only take you about 38 hours, not 38 days.

That's not so bad, right? Start now and you'll be done by midday Wednesday.

Guess not. Thanks for doing the math.

I'll start first thing tomorrow.

BCVM22

38 hours is an estimate, of course. Let's assume you have the 230 trade fodder Pokémon on Platinum all ready to be traded one by one to Pearl. A Pokémon trade takes... what, 4 minutes from start to finish, saving included? That's 230 x 4 minutes = 920 minutes = roughly 15 hours.

To that 15 hours, add to the fact that every six Pokémon, you're going to have to go back to the PC and swap out the ones you've just traded for and swap in the next ones to go. Let's say, arbitrarily, that each one of those switches takes 6 minutes. 230 Pokémon / 6 = 38.3 (repeating, of course) x 6 minutes = 230 minutes = just under another 4 hours.

So the rough total is about 19 hours total. Even better than the 38. You could be done by dinnertime tonight/tomorrow.

wichu

No way does it take 4 minutes. I'd say a trade takes around 1 minute, making it about 4 or 5 hours of trading in total. If you include catching 230 Pokémon, that would be 7-8 hours total, I think...

randomspot555

No way does it take 4 minutes. I'd say a trade takes around 1 minute, making it about 4 or 5 hours of trading in total. If you include catching 230 Pokémon, that would be 7-8 hours total, I think...

One minute? It takes 1-2 just to get to the trading part of it.

To trade ONE pokemon from cart A to cart B, one has to do the following on both carts:

1. Gather the Pokemon.
2. Get to the Union Room (saving, sprites entering the room together)
3. Initiate contact.
4. Propose and accept the trade.
5. Select the Pokemon.
6. Confirm the trade.
7. Trade animation.
8. Leave the trade.
9. Leave the Union Room.

Repeat steps 5-7 if trading more than one pokemon.

That is easily 4-6 minutes to trade a party of 6 pokemon.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Ahaha. How could you possibly have 230 different Pokemon that you want to keep? I'd say just stick with a few good ones. If you're just trying to fill up your dex, catch those sum*****es in the wild.

razor fire

Ahaha. How could you possibly have 230 different Pokemon that you want to keep? I'd say just stick with a few good ones. If you're just trying to fill up your dex, catch those sum*****es in the wild.

As Randomspot said.
Yeah, just go ahead and catch those Shokotan Pichus and Eigakan Arceuses in the wild. /sarcasm

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
:/ Srsly you guys.

I have like 18 EV'd Pokemon, 4 shiny Pokemon, and 4 event Pokemon. Plus, I don't think you can trade ball capsules, and I'll give you breeding projects (which can still be obtained using wild Pokemon).

Plus, if you'll read what I said:

Skaisdead said:
If you're just trying to fill up your dex, catch those sum*****es in the wild.

"If", of course, being the qualifier. If he's trying to fill up his dex, he can go catch a wild Pichu.

randomspot555

:/ Srsly you guys.

I have like 18 EV'd Pokemon, 4 shiny Pokemon, and 4 event Pokemon. Plus, I don't think you can trade ball capsules, and I'll give you breeding projects (which can still be obtained using wild Pokemon).

Plus, if you'll read what I said:

Okay. "If" means people are different than you. You have 26 unique Pokemon you care to keep, for one reason or antoher. It is not hard to have more than that. I easily have 200 Pokemon from breeding projects alone that I plan on keeping.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Okay. "If" means people are different than you. You have 26 unique Pokemon you care to keep, for one reason or antoher. It is not hard to have more than that. I easily have 200 Pokemon from breeding projects alone that I plan on keeping.

But would you want to trade them from one game to another, or would you just trade a select few?

Plus, what exactly does a "breeding project" entail? Would this, for example, be a female Charizard that you keep just so that you may breed more Charmander with specific egg moves?

Jordy Kieto

yes frankly i wouldnt bother trying; just pull out that super rod(hahahahah) and stick in the water (rofl) and go fishing for some magikarps I think you could catch way more faster than trading

wichu

But would you want to trade them from one game to another, or would you just trade a select few?

Plus, what exactly does a "breeding project" entail? Would this, for example, be a female Charizard that you keep just so that you may breed more Charmander with specific egg moves?

A breeding project is when you breed a Pokémon for someone else, with good IVs (usually).

Oh, and when I said 1-2 minutes, I meant per Pokémon. That fits with the estimate of 4-6 minutes per party of 6.

Lightey

I'm doing this to get a Mew off of My Pokemon Ranch, and I have a lot of events and things like that, and Pearl is my new main game anyway.

Jordy Kieto

I'm doing this to get a Mew off of My Pokemon Ranch, and I have a lot of events and things like that, and Pearl is my new main game anyway.

yes so like i said trading isint the best option here I would just catch magikarp which is much easier and faster

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Remember that eggs work for Ranch. You could always do what I did back for Box and fill it with eggs. I had 1300+ Delibird eggs when I was done. The two Delibirds were Lv82 when I was done. I still wonder if any of them were shiny...