• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Massive Panic! Cerise Park!! (1112)

Red and Blue

Guess Gengar still has a bit of its trickster personality. It just attacked its trainer for no reason

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They take their VAs very seriously. Why are they still voicing Pikachu after all these years?

I dunno maybe they think it fits better Pikachu's reactions for the episode?

Anyway it's worth pointing out that at some point (AG, I think) Ikue Ohtani went on maternity leave and they did just fine with archive audio.

A hypothetical Swellow cameo using just archived audio for what's pretty much a couple lines would do the trick just fine, if you ask me.

Also, it'd be a good way to honor Mr. Unsho Ishizuka's legacy by letting him live through one of his roles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hoshigarisu being the food thief didn't surprise me much since I expected that either it or Morpeko would be the culprit. Despite the funny shenanigans in this episode and the evolution of Gou's Mayuld, I wasn't invested in the plot. I'm just relieved that this episode is finally out of the way after that long hiatus.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So how many and which new attack for Goh's Pokemon were confirmed in this episode?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
At least the Pokemon spent the last 2 months developing their little communities.
Honestly, the title of this episode might as well have been "Sakuragi Labratory: Civil War"

On a serious note, there were some decent moments like the Pokemon coming together to ensure the safety of Cascoon's evolution or Farfetch'd being tempted to eat its own leek (and Spearow/Taillow drooling over it too), but other than that I wasn't as invested in the plot as I would've been otherwise considering I figured that Skwovet nicked the food before the OP. I know that's a terrible thing to say, but at least the series is back.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I could be wrong, but I think the only ones of Go's pokemon that didn't show up were Exeggcute & Rattata.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Guess Gengar still has a bit of its trickster personality. It just attacked its trainer for no reason

Apparently it's because Ash was blaming Gengar for the food disappearing as a "prank" and so Gengar was like: You want me to prank then here's a prank for you.

Red and Blue

Apparently it's because Ash was blaming Gengar for the food disappearing as a "prank" and so Gengar was like: You want me to prank then here's a prank for you.
Well I could see why Gengar would take offense to that. Especially since it was accused of cursing Ash in it's capture episode

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This episode was hilarious. I'm glad pokemon is finally back. it was great to see the personalities of Go's pokemon . Yayy the next ep will be another TR one! I don't think I'm gonna be updating my ep ranking anymore since I haven't thought about this series for a while and it's been so long so I don't remember what I though of the previous episodes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Love the little scene of Goh offering to groom Raboot which just makes a tsundere refusal.

Give me more tsundere bunny, please.

At least the Pokemon spent the last 2 months developing their little communities.
Honestly, the title of this episode might as well have been "Sakuragi Labratory: Civil War"

Better than Marvel's at least

Was nice to see Ash FINALLY start training riolu
Now if only he'd do the same for Pikachu, Dragonite, and Gengar

He's been doing since... Forever lol

dman_dustin

Not in the new series, where it was just taken out by an untrained ekans

It wasn't taken out, it was just blocked, the Pokemon weren't using Pokemon moves (at the time) they were just using their bodies to inflict pain, as such, I think its reasonable for Pikachu to get kicked out the fight. If Pikachu had used thunderbolt, I'm sure we would've gotten a different result. But I don't think that was necessarily the point.

I mean if you're just trying to stop someone from punching someone else, that's not going to stop you from getting punched yourself.

This was actually a relatively fun episode. I wish this series did more with its characterization of Ash's team thus far, especially with how his team may interact with one another. There's nothing distinguishing Gengar, Dragonite, and Riolu besides gimmicks so I hope moving forward the series focuses more on fleshing their respective personalities out and how they interact with one another.