• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Master Breeder questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
What is the highest first quote you can get from him, is it this pokemon is quite impressive in abilitie or is there a higher one. I know flawless attack speed etc is the highest quote for that bit. Also how is it possible to see all the stats without the calculator, because some people are saying they have flawless attack and speed, however the master breeder only says one??? I heard something about using ditto to pass it on, but how exactly does it work???

Eszett

one love
He should say something to the effect of "This Pokemon is wonderfully outstanding in ability!"

But in all seriousness, you should only be using this as a general indicator of where your Pokemon's IVs stand. I would definitely consider acquiring a heap of Rare Candies, saving your game, using as many as you can on the Pokemon or until it reaches level 50, then inputting its stats into the IV calculator.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
ahh thanks for replying. Is there a way to make him to say that quote, or does the pokemon just randomly get it????
Edit- Also whats the best way and fastest to get lots of rare candies, is it with zigzagoon???

Last edited:

Powerful_Blaziken88

It depends on your pokémon's IVs. if they're really good, you'll get the better messages.
And yeah, zigzagoons are the best way to get rare candies, as its the only way to infinitely get them I think. Just make sure your pickup-er is of a high level, as rare candies are more common for the high levelled pickup-ers in emerald.

P

pokeshinymaniac

PokeMaster JOE said:
What is the highest first quote you can get from him, is it this pokemon is quite impressive in abilitie or is there a higher one. I know flawless attack speed etc is the highest quote for that bit. Also how is it possible to see all the stats without the calculator, because some people are saying they have flawless attack and speed, however the master breeder only says one??? I heard something about using ditto to pass it on, but how exactly does it work???
he only says one AT A TIME,but if your pokemon has flawless attack&speed,for example,keep talking to him untill he says both

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
It's always wise to ask the breeding expert up to 10 times especially if the stats may appear wonderful at hatching. I have a male golduck that is flawless in 4 stats: hp/defense/speed/sp.att and while i really cannot use it for battle due to its nature and abilities, it is perfect for chain breeding since it is part of both the water 1 & field groups.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
I played my emerald for hours in end last night, and still i would only get 1 same message for each pokemon. Do you recommend breeding with lots of other/s in the pokemons group and keep repeating the procedure, because mainly i have been breeding a flawless attack exeggute with a flawless sp.attack exeggute the whole time. Even sometimes with Ditto. So now i am starting to breed with different pokemon to see if the stats at hatching rise a bit. Is it best to breed with other pokemon kinds then the same kind, apart from the new moves it will learn??? And does ditto pass on a nature i heard???
Also would it be best to breed higher levels together than lower levels???
Thanks.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
There is one thing I discovered by accident recently, and that breeding with offsprings is allowed. So if the female or ditto (with everstone) had flawless attack/speed and so did the offspring male (better when nature is undesireable, ie sassy, gentle, relaxed) even though the parent male did not have flawless stats, you can still replace the male with the offspring and continue therefore increasing your odds for having more offsprings with desireable stats.

This method recently worked with the latest round of bagon breeding as I also kept in reserve a quiet male bagon with flawless attack/speed and a female adamant bagon with flawless attack/speed, raised both of them to level 53 without evolving so they can both learn double edge and still like each other, and put them in pokemon box for future usage if ever comes another need for another salamence.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
Expert Evan said:
There is one thing I discovered by accident recently, and that breeding with offsprings is allowed. So if the female or ditto (with everstone) had flawless attack/speed and so did the offspring male (better when nature is undesireable, ie sassy, gentle, relaxed) even though the parent male did not have flawless stats, you can still replace the male with the offspring and continue therefore increasing your odds for having more offsprings with desireable stats.

This method recently worked with the latest round of bagon breeding as I also kept in reserve a quiet male bagon with flawless attack/speed and a female adamant bagon with flawless attack/speed, raised both of them to level 53 without evolving so they can both learn double edge and still like each other, and put them in pokemon box for future usage if ever comes another need for another salamence.

Ok thanks, i never knew i had to use a everstone while breeding, anyway why a everstone???
Do both have to have one??

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
PokeMaster JOE said:
Ok thanks, i never knew i had to use a everstone while breeding, anyway why a everstone???
Do both have to have one??
just the female or the ditto, and only works in emerald. If breeding with a female and ditto and only female holds everstone, it won't work as I tried already.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
So both have to hold a everstone while breeding/female and ditto??? I guess i have to find another everstone :|. Anyway what is the difference in IV's or the stats while holding a everstone.
Edit- I really do want a exegutte whitch is flawless in a few stats, but do not know how to get them???Do i have to breed 2 high levels together rather than 2 level 5's????.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
PokeMaster JOE said:
So both have to hold a everstone while breeding/female and ditto??? I guess i have to find another everstone :|. Anyway what is the difference in IV's or the stats while holding a everstone.
When breeding with ditto, the ditto always holds the everstone. When breeding a female with anything other than a ditto, then it's always the female. offsprings can inherit 3 of either its parent's IVs, so if the father has a flawless HP and the mother has a flawless attack/speed, it is possible the offspring can inherit the flawless hp/attack/speed IVs that way, but the chances increase when both parents have the same IVs.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
Ok thanks, i will try it. What happens when the female and ditto hold a everstone, not just the ditto???

Champion Jared 14

Okay. When he says " this one is wonderfully outstanding in ability," what exactly does that mean? Or when he says a specific stat is flawless, a thing of perfection?

Eszett

one love
It means the sum of the IVs are within a certain range. Unfortunately, I do not know what that range is for each of the four canned messages...

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
Great, after about 4 days breeding exeggute i finally got a modest male, who is wonderfully outstanding in ability and has flawless sp.attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.