• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Master Class Choices! (912)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Master Class Trial! What Will You Do, Serena!?

Heading to the next city, Ash & Co, discover that there is a Pokémon Showcase to be held in the city, offering Serena a chance to get her final Princess Key of the rookie class. On enterring, she soon learns of a popular trainer from the city taking part, which causes Serena to begin to worry about her chances. Will Serena manage to come up top and get her final key?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
LMAO, Amelia is a shady gorl.

Yashio is not impressed at all though

I can't @ the use of Attract like that. Is it BW?

Serena's free performance was just sooo boring

That scene with Yashio was soo good! Loved the tension, I wonder what Amelia said to her too.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
LOL that must be cheating. EVERY RHYHORN IS MALE??? And Amelia just uses Attract? That must be against the rules.

Worst theme performance of all Tripokalons IMO.

nuzamaki90

Heh I thought they were going to race, not play PokeBachelorette

Amelia is a desperate buffoon. Vomit colored fat dragon coming her away soon.

Janovy

Banned
That was probably the most underwhelming Showcase so far.

They didn’t even BOTHER to even do stills of free performances of other performers, they just showed Amelia and Serena. Also, the theme performance was quite ridiculous. All Rhyhorn male? And Amelia was allowed to use Attract just like that? Isn’t that against the rules? Why are Rhyhorn all male in the first place???? Also, all Rhyhorn apparently had a thing for Serena allowing her to easily win them over? What? I also find it hard to believe that despite the majority of people being pro-Amelia in that audience (even Ash and co showed surprise when everyone stood up for Amelia) that Serena would still win. If she were the local ‘master performer’ wouldn’t she gain the majority of votes given the presence of the locals? Or maybe they were just being objective? Dunno.

Yashio apparently noticed something in regards to Serena by the end of her performance, so the thing she noticed is probably related to whatever it is she’s missing to defeat Elle. I wonder what that is…

Anyway, as for things I liked:

- Brief Shauna cameo, good to know she and Serena keep in touch.
- Sylveon still being kinda afraid but getting over it.
- Sylveon overcoming shyness and freely interacting with Chespin.
- Bunnelby being out with Chespin to watch the performance, probably to see how Sylveon will do.
- Yashio admonishing Serena.
- I enjoyed Amelia and Serena’s Free Performance for what it’s worth, still bugs me they were the only ones to be featured at all.
- Serena realizing that the location of Master Class tournament is far away from the eight gym location which might be inconvenience to Ash and Ash being chill about it and being there for his friends.

Kein

AKA Silktree
- Serena realizing that the location of Master Class tournament is far away from the eight gym location which might be inconvenience to Ash and Ash being chill about it and being there for his friends.
So where is it?

Janovy

Banned

Janovy

Banned
Any idea where it is relative to the in-game cities?
41.media.tumblr.com/a32857e335294f1b3305e4280c2f995c/tumblr_o33nbhNQeF1tf388eo1_540.jpg

The red pokeball is likely their current location, the blue is Ash's gym, so Snowbelle, and the white spot is probably Glorio City.

NitroLightningFlash

Loved this episode, am glad Serena won and i kind of didn't like Amelia tbh, like i thought she was slightly too confident i mean i can't believe that Rhyhorn theme round when Amelia just used Attract, awful hehe. I do NOT even understand how she even got through the first round with THAT. I guess that's what being popular in the area does for you though hehe ^^;

I just love the relationship Serena, Braixen, Pancham and Sylveon have with each other, the synergy is amazing between them. Even though Serena only has three Pokemon, i wouldn't mind if she never got another because the bonds they have between them more than make up for that. I can safely say that i like Serena and her three Pokemon more than i have any other female lead and her team-ever that's just my opinion though ^^

I also liked seeing Palermo again and seeing both her and Serena finally interact (took you long enough writers! xD) She didn't look the most pleased in the Rhyhorn theme round though imo...And in the Freestyle round at first she seemed ok with Serena's performance while watching but idk towards the end she kind of suddenly changed her expression to like she wasn't as impressed or something? I can't imagine why, i'll have to rewatch the episode later to see. I also liked seeing her and Serena actually talking towards the end ^^

I loved the part with Sylveon too when it showed she was still nervous after the last time as an Eevee when they lost, and Serena cheered her up. Also the fact she interacted with Chespin really well and i love the way Bunnelby still is there for her too cheering her on-sweet! :3

Serena's theme performance with the Rhyhorn and and her Freestyle performance were good too (the Freestyle round was a bit better though in my opinion, though the Rhyhorn part was funny ^^; )

Amelia's face at the end though when she lost lol Serena didn't even need to use Attract on the Rhyhorn to make them like her it came naturally Plus imo Serena was way better all the way through tbh xD

I'll have to rewatch later as i say, then i'll edit this post after seeing it again, but it was a great episode. Can't wait for next weeks! ^^

On to Master Class now Serena-PLEASE let her win!!!
Although we know the writers HATE letting the characters achieve their main goals... but it's still nice to hope, especially after today! ^^

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Pretty boring ep, and the Rhyhorns felt incredibly contrived for a beauty pageant.

They aren't even trying with these things.

PortugueseLynx

Dear lord, Serena your performances are so repetitive. It was cute at the first time but now throwing always the same thing kinda got tiring. Hey writers when will you remember a braixen can learn naturally a bunch of psychic moves? Or a sylveon can do more than ballerina steps, the things you can do with ribbons. Whoever is writing the script honestly never checked their movepool?
I dunno what that manager said but who knows if its about lack of variety because if is that, no wonder. Even Jessie comes up with creative ideas every time.

The thing is, I don't see any queen material on Serena. Her concorrence is just weak or obnoxious like that new girl of today. She is not standing out in any sort, i just....cant see anything that does.

She kinda needs to take her game more challenging, that's all. Nothing thrilling to gain such a huge rank with no obstacles

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So basically, during the theme performance, stuff was just handed to Serena by giving her a lot of Rhyhorn that just felt in love quickly, and Amelia turned out to be shallow enough that she got lucky Attract wasn't ruled out.

Yeah, they're not even trying anymore... And how did Serena get to use three Pokemon instead of two?

Lisia

Uh wait. Where did you guys watch this episode. Link pls ? The site I usually used doesn't show Serena's performance at all. It got cut. 27 minutes but too many ads. Help?!

Soniman

Break the Limit
The best part of today’s episode was everything that happened after the Tripokalon.

Amelia is a wasted character who said only ONE SENTENCE to Serena and that’s it, I almost felt sorry for her at the end being spurned by Yaisho’s but since she’ll probably never appear again I also don’t care, a waste of a appealing design to
Tripokalon was just rushed as hell and it felt like they just wanted to get it over with. AND THIS WAS HER FINAL KEY, YOUD THINK THIS WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT. The Ryhorn round was dumb and of course they all instantly loved Serena because… Reasons. You know, everyone else were actually using their Pokemon to corral the Ryhorn but all Serena had do was just be cute, *gag*

Performances rounds were better, all two of them. I liked how Amelia rode the Dragonair, that was cool. Serena’s performance has shades of sameyness with the ****ing fire but it’s saved by fantastic animation and finally getting to see the entire team on stage.

But yeah it was a very subpar showcase, I’m kinda done with this goal if the writers don’t want us to care or get invested.

AFTER the Showcase though there were a lot of things I liked. Clemont making a celebratory dinner, Ash calling her a superstar, that cute phone call with Shauna, Chespin sharing his food with Pancham, and of course Yaisho’s cutting words to Serena, I pray that gets a good payoff.

Sorry if this came out more negative then I intended, I’ve just been very worried about Serena’s character lately and this episode didn’t do much to ease my doubts

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Do the writers have a fetish on Rhyhorns licking Serena ..

Also besides the Yashio/Serena confrontation, it feels like they didn't know what to do after the commercial break, since the contest ended far too early in the episode.