• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Master Class Choices! (912)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah the performance that we barely even saw, because the cameraman was too busy showing how everyone else was thinking of how amazing aria’s performance was.
Aria was just literally pretending to be a fairy, but even that looked like a third-rate theater production show. We all saw it in full. She didn't even make the animators waste their animation budget.

RafaSceptile

Love the pink Dragonair!!!!!! Reminds me that I have one in pokemon X.

Amelia was such a great COTD. She should’ve become a recurrent rival. I think her performance was better than Serena’s to be honest.

Far fetched to me that Serena won in a town where Amelia is popular. Showcase performances should be judged by judges imo.
Amelia should have been Serena's rival instead of whatever Nini was supposed to do

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Aria was just literally pretending to be a fairy, but even that looked like a third-rate theater production show. We all saw it in full. She didn't even make the animators waste their animation budget.
They probably barely had any budget left aside tbh. Since even serena’s performance was honestly more lackluster than the on this ep tbh. We saw 30 seconds of it and then 20 seconds on the crowds and serena then it ends.

But the content of the ep and how the character react definitely says it’s another ‘telling, not showing’ problem again, like the one that plagues JN so much, rather then them saying popularity wins and going against what they went out of their way to show before.

RafaSceptile

Probably the worst offender, like, if you are giving Aria the Win, at least make it convincing.

But I like the remaining aspects of the episode.

Overall 8/10

vondecayle

I mean some people criticize showcase by saying it’s just a glorified popularity contest, and this ep is very blatantly putting the point that popularity isn’t what actually decides the winner but what the performers bring.

So that’s pretty much missing the point of the ep.
Oh no, I understand this and I know it is what Palermo meant when she told Amelia that the people choose, but in my opinion it’s hardly believable that in a town where she was popular people were going to suddenly put all their biases aside and vote for a total stranger. Unless Serena was just THAT popular at that point.

RafaSceptile

Oh no, I understand this and I know it is what Palermo meant when she told Amelia that the people choose, but in my opinion it’s hardly believable that in a town where she was popular people were going to suddenly put all their biases aside and vote for a total stranger. Unless Serena was just THAT popular at that point.
Which is why Amelia should have been Serena's rival from the beginning so at least this moment would feel more believable

conshowstar

I love everything about this episode. I love the fact that we have been introduced to a new character called Amelia that she has a character which no other rival had before this really confident but also really arrogant and calamitous attitude which of course has made Serena really nervous but I also love that Serena didn't got intimidated by Amelia and also performed really good. I also left the conflict between Serena and Palermo and that Hilaire mob tries to push the arena harder to get better and better but in VN. Of course, I love the little details. For example, Serena's Sylveon was still worried and nervous about what happened in the last type of tripokalon and that Serena even much short even more that she develops that her character even developed more and that she takes responsibility for her pokemon, I love that. I also love that Ash even didn't really care about his last batch to finally enter the Kalos League and instead of that, he actually cared more about Serena that it's more important right now that Serena will take part in this masterclass try instead of aiming for 8th batch and that was beautiful. The story was beautiful, everything more in the story was absolutely beautiful.

The focus, of course Serena's fleurrh city showcase and the focus perfectly describes the situation of the story that Serena has a lot of conflicts with in this episode between Amelia between Palermo and also between herself because she also helps herself but of course, she's getting cheered up by her friends and especially by Ash because she gets motivated by Ash as attitude during the tripokalon and also the tripokalon and this was beautiful.

The Animation was Amazing. The Main animation focus was ,of course the free performance and although I really love how they animated these Rhyhorn turning section, the free performance is of course the main highlight of this episode. I loved how they animated Amelia's performance which was really crisply animated. It was perfect, it was shiny and this is how a performance should be and of course there was Serena 's performance which was really really well done. Serena's performance was also perfect. I've really also loved the length of both performances which were really good. Amelia's performance wasn't too short, and so wasn't Serena's and because of that, I loved this animation highlight.

This episode was wonderful and perfect.

Rating: 9.5/10 (Amazing)