• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Master Class Choices! (912)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Wow a Dragonair, that is one rarely seen pokemon in the anime! On stage, it seems like it should be against the rules to use any kind of charm/ attract move on the audience but I guess not. I'm still not a fan of performances but each of the ones that we saw had good rhythm and energy so I would rate this episode as a little bit above average.

Moonlight Starlight

Will for me in this episode I have to say is that what I see what a real performer should be doing which I see some good part from Serena's performance like how she's dancing along with her pokemon but I know what she really was lack and someone on this thread mention how that she should add some singing and which she should add some music (and dancing too) to this which theres sometime that she really needs to change her pokemon performance different giving some different tatse on getting more pokemon changing things up a bet more to the performance.It's like watching a circus act and also watching on tv like " Americas got Talent".As lokng it keeps Serena's character and her development on the right track.

The other thing I don't like was added was how in what events that doesn't help for these performers are doing was adding that doesn't mean a thing like from starting to last and where it start from the beginning like bringing up "who got the most Rhyhorn in theres spot becoming Kalos Queen " or how many cook off do they have to do (which what does performers have to do with bake off when every trainer can bake making puffs ) but also what does that have to do with also again with becoming Kalos Queen, same thing saying again what does it have to do with "Pop Quiz" during back becoming Kalos Queen or Fashion Catwalk becoming Kalos Queen and lastly what does it have to be for her becoming Kalos Queen for what reasons.What I see from Serena doing is what a real pokemon trainer performer should be doing what Serena just did and how it made Palermo smile at the scene seeing what Serena was doing but there are somethings that Serena could add more to her performance on stage so Serena won't have no lacks if her every find the answer.
I wish this performance be great that it would been made for boys to do the same thing wanting to become pokemon trainer performers with there pokemon.I want something like this happen which I find with Serena going on one more journey with Ash but I want to see her concentrate on her goal dream more often than less on Ash (do to the amourshipping thing) and also Amelia would been a great rival for Serena that someone mention on top or it was in the other page before.But it would help that someone mention how it could help from Serena not acting so nice but bring in the spice from two rivals going against each other.And for Serena get more keys than not having three I say five or six would be good.

I want something good for her that sound in her character and development.I saw great pictures of her that warm me up starting to take a liking her character what a real performer she should be doing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Will for me in this episode I have to say is that what I see what a real performer should be doing which I see some good part from Serena's performance like how she's dancing along with her pokemon but I know what she really was lack and someone on this thread mention how that she should add some singing and which she should add some music (and dancing too) to this which theres sometime that she really needs to change her pokemon performance different giving some different tatse on getting more pokemon changing things up a bet more to the performance.It's like watching a circus act and also watching on tv like " Americas got Talent".As lokng it keeps Serena's character and her development on the right track.

You're looking too much into it.

What she lacks is an established fan base.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wow, I forgot what wasted potential Amelia(Her name stayed the same, great) was. She could have been Serena's Harley/Ursula. Way more interesting than Nene that's for sure.

Wow a Dragonair, that is one rarely seen pokemon in the anime! On stage, it seems like it should be against the rules to use any kind of charm/ attract move on the audience but I guess not. I'm still not a fan of performances but each of the ones that we saw had good rhythm and energy so I would rate this episode as a little bit above average.

Attract wouldn't work on the audience anyways effectwise, and Pikachu/Chespin can't vote. Only Meowth would have been affected by it and he wasn't even here for some reason.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I know Pokémon performances aren't everyone's cup of tea and they may not be mine but I thought this was a really good episode. The Rhyhorn performance was very funny especially Serena's section and the irony in befriending seemingly bad-tempered Rhyhorn just made it funnier. However, the freestyle performance stole the show.

I thought Amelia's performance was very good but I already disliked her before for her petulant attitude. Now Serena showed grace, fun, talent and an all around ability to show a well rounded performance and she deserved to win this time. Also, wasn't it great to see Sylveon have a great time? Palermo's comments confused me but I guess that is the difference between the untrained eye like me and the expert eye of Palermo.

Excellent episode, onto the next one!

Ascended Dialga

I found this to be quite a heart-warming episode sure to put smiles on the faces of Serena fans everywhere. It was so cute seeing Serena get licked by all those Rhyhorns! :p

Not sure if I like Amelia, though. Her performance was okay, but I wasn't too fond of her attitude near the end when she complained to Palermo.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
My issue with this episode was how clean cut it was from start to the end of the showcase. It was definitely in Serena's favor to win her 3rd Key. Amelia's attitude (and lack of focus) showed this; very Serena centered, and all the good vibes she was giving off to win.

Now, where the heck was Amelia before this episode? She would have been a great rival for Serena, like Ursula was to Dawn and Georgia to Iris. Such a missed opportunity, and the arrogant vibe she gave off was just screaming for more focus. I hope we see more of her, as well as some good interaction with Serena.

But dang, Palermo went cold on both of them at the end. The last 5 minutes of the episode was rather the most interesting part. I should know it by now but I'm not too sure what Serena is lacking?

Guess we'll see.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
That's actually how idol culture in general works which is what these things are based on.

Lol this sounds about right

Make no quality judgement of the episode itself; but I saw Serena's performance offhandedly in a canipa effect video and i was actually blown away, the dancing was legitimately was super cute and looked extremely well animated. I really miss cooly animated things I guess now that I'm not paying attention to the series anymore.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I thought this was a great episode. I enjoyed some of the funnier parts of the episode like Serena with the Rhyhorn in the theme round and I liked Amelia's and Serena's performance in the appeal round as well.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Jessie's Poke Puff BS in Dendemille Town

What do you mean BS? Meowth's cooking skills came in handy as he knew which Pokémon would like which type of PokéPuff.

I hope they explain in Master Class why Jessie suddenly just skipped this one when she's been in every other one and recently got her key.

I think it's so that it's possible for Jessie to earn offscreen keys. If she had shown up here she would have lost.

Its objectively more skillful to be a coordinator than to compete in showcases, since you'd have to be at least a decent battler to do contests (to not have your Pokemon KO'd in the battle round) in addition to being able to put on a performance, whereas doing showcases doesn't require strong Pokemon or for the trainer to be a skilled/intelligent battler. Its just a beauty pagent with a different name (even down to the girls-only thing), at least contests test skill, power and beauty whereas showcases only value aesthetics. I think showcases would have been better had they debuted before contests, at least then they wouldn't look as bad when compared to contests.

It's only objectively more skillful if you don't consider dancing a skill. You could suck at dancing and be a coordinator. As a Performer, you have to dance with your Pokémon.

In other words: Showcases are basically a watered-down contest appeals round and nothing more, whereas contests test everything that the Kalos showcases would along with requiring other stuff too. I never thought I'd even defend contests that way considering that I believe contests themselves are basically the competition for anyone who isn't good enough to win badges/win Frontier symbols/compete in the Pokemon League. It doesn't help that aside from Zoey, the only remotely decent battlers who were coordinators were the ones on a badge quest (Nando), also served as a gym leader or similar role (Fantina as gym leader) or only did contests after having earned a high-status as a battler (Wallace as Hoenn Champion). I don't see the likes of Harley, Ursula and Kenny would even be able to handle a badge-quest, let alone the League. Even Barry of all people would beat them in an actual battle when the only thing that matters is KO'ing the other Pokemon, and he was weak enough to lose 3-0 in the 3-on-3 rounds in a battle that didn't involve a Legendary Pokemon (nor did it involve losing to one of the Elite 4/Frontier Brain/regional Champion).

So what if Barry would beat Ursula, Harley, or Kenny? He's one of the best 64 battlers in the Sinnoh region. It should be expected. Similarly, they would demolish him at a contest. They're just two totally different skill sets. You're acting as though battling is a superior skill, but I bet Paul would suck at a contest. Being good at battling doesn't automatically make you good at coordinating, so why should being good at coordinating make you good at battling?

And then in the performance round Serena used three Pokémon and her competitor only two - that's fair

Pierre has said you are allowed to use 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6

Now, where the heck was Amelia before this episode? She would have been a great rival for Serena, like Ursula was to Dawn and Georgia to Iris

Actually, Serena does have a rivalry like Iris/Georgia: Miette

In XY26, they did the Lightning between the eyes thing that Iris and Georgia always did

I thought this was a great episode. I enjoyed some of the funnier parts of the episode like Serena with the Rhyhorn in the theme round and I liked Amelia's and Serena's performance in the appeal round as well.

This is copied from Lillie at bmgf

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well quite funny to see Serena to attract almost all of the Rhyhorn without trying while the other Performers had to use some method like Sweet Scent and Attract. Seeing Serena's Sylveon becoming nervous because she got flashbacks of her fall off Braixen's stick in her Showcase debut as an Eevee kinda got me and seeing Serena feed her a Poképuff was pretty cute. And Amelia definitely has a lot of salt due to her overconfidence.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It makes no sense that Amelia remained a COTD while other COTDs such as Miette and Nini returned as recurring characters

Leonhart

Imagineer
While both Serena's theme performance during the Sihorn segment and her freestyle performance were entertaining, I was a bigger fan of Amelia in this TryPokaron. I felt that Serena's victory was slightly contrived.

I thought it quite surprising how Serena beat Amelia, who had a hometown (or home city in this case) advantage. Amelia was a pretty worthless attempt to give Serena another recurring rival. Also I noticed that this episode seemed to be the first Showcase episode where Team Rocket was not in it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I thought it quite surprising how Serena beat Amelia, who had a hometown (or home city in this case) advantage. Amelia was a pretty worthless attempt to give Serena another recurring rival.

She wasn't necessarily rival material anyway since she was an enigma and had no personality quirks that could've made her special.

D

Deleted member 384931

I am still surprised Ash let her do her Showcase first before doing his gym battle

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I am still surprised Ash let her do her Showcase first before doing his gym battle
Maybe it’s because the writers want to maintain viewership by holding back the Gym Battle? Pretty sure there isn’t as much of an emphasis on Showcases.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Maybe it’s because the writers want to maintain viewership by holding back the Gym Battle? Pretty sure there isn’t as much of an emphasis on Showcases.
Because the writers didn't want to put effort on them other than animating some of Serena's team routines, and started the whole "guys battle while the girls do pretty things" nonsense.